Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Our current owners and transfer committee

Read 30095 times
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,196 posts | 913 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Our current owners and transfer committee
      Jul 04, 2017 04:43:14 pm
      Its about time we started to put pressure on our current owners / transfer committee to spend some cash. Jürgen has fullfiled his part of the deal in qualifing for CLF with a squad with a net spend of zero. My fear is Klopp will see his job as flogging a dead horse and will quit. The ineptitude of wich we handled the VVD transfer being a prime example. I am starting to worry about the future. Is it about time to pressue our club into spending. How can we pressurise the club to invest in the future, remember how quickly they surrended over the price rise over tickets. Your thoughts please

« Last Edit: Jul 04, 2017 10:00:15 pm by MsGerrard »
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Re: Our current owners and transfer committe
      Reply #1: Jul 04, 2017 05:04:42 pm
      Its about time we started to put pressure on our current owners / transfer committee to spend some cash. Jürgen has fullfiled his part of the deal in qualifing for CLF with a squad with a net spend of zero. My fear is Klopp will see his job as flogging a dead horse and will quit. The ineptitude of wich we handled the VVD transfer being a prime example. I am starting to worry about the future. Is it about time to pressue our club into spending. How can we pressurise the club to invest in the future, remember how quickly they surrended over the price rise over tickets. Your thoughts please

I think it's the 4th of July and we've signed one of our top targets already. Arsenal have not signed anyone of note, Chelsea have not signed anyone of note, Everton have signed lots of tat, City have signed 2 unproven risks for giant sums as usual, United have signed someone I've never heard of.

No one is making waves right now. Deals are still in the early stages, why are people so quick to pull the trigger here. It was only a few years ago everyone was complaining that we rushed business and overpaid for players like Carroll, Adam and Downing. Let people do their jobs.

You'r the kind of person that when our players come in if you're happy with them you'd rather say 'should have been earlier' rather than give props to the negotiators.

Just relax and enjoy your summer, everything will be fine.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,196 posts | 913 
      Reply #2: Jul 04, 2017 05:32:26 pm
      Worrie to much about our owners / transfer committee  to just sit back and relax
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,196 posts | 913 
      Reply #3: Jul 04, 2017 05:39:22 pm
      And remebering last seasons spend to say nothing of the winter spend fills me with foreboading
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #4: Jul 04, 2017 06:34:48 pm
      I think it's the 4th of July and we've signed one of our top targets already. Arsenal have not signed anyone of note, Chelsea have not signed anyone of note, Everton have signed lots of tat, City have signed 2 unproven risks for giant sums as usual, United have signed someone I've never heard of.

No one is making waves right now. Deals are still in the early stages, why are people so quick to pull the trigger here. It was only a few years ago everyone was complaining that we rushed business and overpaid for players like Carroll, Adam and Downing. Let people do their jobs.

You'r the kind of person that when our players come in if you're happy with them you'd rather say 'should have been earlier' rather than give props to the negotiators.

Quite willing to keep the finger off the trigger mate but I'm sure you can understand the cynicism with regard to the owners after 8 years of disappointment, that said putting your feet up and relaxing/hoping for the best is difficult with hindsight.

The Salah signing is a step in the right direction nevertheless we wait and hope again FSG will get their act together.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,911 posts | 4979 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: Our current owners and transfer committee
      Reply #5: Jul 05, 2017 10:25:32 am
      Must admit I thought we would have been busier tbh, OK the Salah deal is done & dusted as with the young lad Solanke, however I was kind of hoping we'd have perhaps 3/4 in by now,
      The tapping up bollocks may have prevented a third addition but instinct tells me our feeder club would have dragged their feet over VVD anyhoo,

No need to panic just yet and it's certainly far too early to unfurl the ' FSG OUT' banners, let's wait until the week of the season's start at least,

Ideally of course it'd be sweet to have all additions in ready for the battering of Twatford but so long as they do happen I'm not to concerned atm.

YNWA

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #6: Jul 05, 2017 12:42:41 pm
      Pre-season is always the time when business starts picking up, can understand all the frustration but most modern datly transfers seem to drag on for ever with so many people involved. If come the week of the cl qualifiers then no one else have arrived then i could understand the understandable anxiety that seems to permanently hang ovet us.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1760 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #7: Jul 05, 2017 01:01:30 pm

Spot on.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #8: Jul 05, 2017 01:03:17 pm
      I can understand why people might worry, and I'd like to see us get our players in shop they can have enough time to gell before the season starts.  Still time for deals to be done, but also the possibility of time running out as has happened before.
      My feeling on the owners is no secret, but I'm prepared to wait and see if they are finally prepared to show the necessary ambition this season. I'm not confident the are.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #9: Jul 05, 2017 01:38:58 pm
      We've just finished " holiday mode" for most of the European leagues and just about coming up to pre season training and tours.

Any manager is going to want his new players on board asap to bond with the rest of the squad and get the training underway.

I am patient and also voted for Mags very good post.

Like us all though ... I am predjudiced by previous season's windows that have come to nowt and do agree in part with Stuey.

What will be will be .   

Time though is certainly cracking on.

We  do need a 20 goal + striker ... or two ...... but what gives me the feeling that  Solanke and Salah are only going to be our only new front line players?
      « Last Edit: Jul 05, 2017 04:08:45 pm by MIRO »
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #10: Jul 05, 2017 01:45:58 pm
      Weve just finished " holiday mode" for most of the European leagues and just about coming up to pre season training and tours.

Any manager is going to want his new player on board asap to bond with the rrst of the squad and get the training underway.

Iam patient and also voted for Mags good post.

Like us all though I am predjudiced by previous seasons windows that have come to nowt and do agree in part withh Stuey.

What will be will be .   (No I dont feel a song coming on !)

We  do need a 20 goal + striker ... or two ...... but what gives me the feeling that  Solanke and Salah are only going to be our only new up front players.

I thought it was Klopps way to spread the goals amongst the front 3, and AM, with others chipping in a few as usual.

Either way, I doubt we'll see yet another striker come in.
      The key, I suppose, is Sturridge staying off the treatment table every time he breaks a toenail.

Ings we don't really know about yet.

Origi showed signs last season that he is improving his all round game (only just turned 22 as well)

Solanke looks a beast of a player, but will likely need some time, and then we also have Firmino and Mane who can both play through the centre.

I think we look in pretty good shape, if we think about goals being shared around a front 4/5.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #11: Jul 05, 2017 02:03:38 pm
      Would have expected more than one player in with 5 weeks to go till Premier League/Champions League gets under way.

I understand some of you are saying it's still early, but how much longer before it's not 'still early'.  Not sure it's the best for players to be rocking up after we've played half our pre-season games or even been away on the tours.

I don't want players still learning each others names in Champions League deciders.

Mane, Matip, Grujic and Karius were there in place for the start of pre-season last year when we had no Champions League and they were all set to be first team players.  Okay Wijnaldum arrived a bit later but again the Premier League wasn't a new thing for him, and he could speak the lingo.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #12: Jul 05, 2017 02:07:00 pm
      I'm chilled, its like waiting for a bus, none for ages then two or three will land in quick succession.
      paulow63
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 662 posts | 85 
      Reply #13: Jul 05, 2017 03:19:32 pm
      Issues involved in transfers.

Rome wasn't built in a day and these multi million pound deals take longer, especially if one of those issues isn't covered to the satisfaction of one of those involved.
      How ironic how our only major signing is from Rome
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #14: Jul 05, 2017 03:30:21 pm
      Would have expected more than one player in with 5 weeks to go till Premier League/Champions League gets under way.

I understand some of you are saying it's still early, but how much longer before it's not 'still early'.  Not sure it's the best for players to be rocking up after we've played half our pre-season games or even been away on the tours.

I don't want players still learning each others names in Champions League deciders.

Mane, Matip, Grujic and Karius were there in place for the start of pre-season last year when we had no Champions League and they were all set to be first team players.  Okay Wijnaldum arrived a bit later but again the Premier League wasn't a new thing for him, and he could speak the lingo.

I agree, it's certainly no longer 'early'.

I think the VvD and Keita deals are looking both on quite shaky ground and we're at the stage where we need to be seriously considering plan B and C. Now how we transition to those and who they are will tell us plenty. In the past we've dropped from a Sanchez to a Balotelli or worse, I'm hoping and remain hopeful that Klopp can, if he indeed has to, sway the direction of our focus on players he wants rather than players which are foisted upon him.

Now that Jürgen is back at Melwood I believe that things will gather pace because some of these clowns in the backroom really need kicking out because apart from F***ing up the VvD deal and constantly linking 'we're preparing a bid' for Keita, I'm not too sure they're capable of making a decent coffee let along structure a transfer deal. They need whipping into shape as much as the lads returning from the off-season and I hope Jürgen is all over that task as much as he is over the fitness of the squad.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,196 posts | 913 
      Reply #15: Jul 05, 2017 04:08:33 pm
      A bunch of clowns
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #16: Jul 05, 2017 05:04:32 pm
      For what its worth .... the Arse have now signed Lacazette.
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #17: Jul 05, 2017 05:14:38 pm
      I'm about as impatient as they come, and I'm trying to be optimistic (maybe hopeful is a better word); that being said, I don't think we are signing VVD or Keita so if we are dicking around with targets that we aren't ultimately going to buy, what else are we missing out on?

In both instances (VVD and now Keita), if you are to believe the paper talk, we have already agreed on terms and the players  wanted the move, yet for some reason we don't know what an actual bid is or how to lodge one. I don't really care what other clubs do, really has no bearing on whether we should be more active or not, but you have to admit, most of the clubs that have done business so far, have wrapped it up pretty quickly all things considered. We seem to approach transfers the same way as we approach a 1-0 lead....sit back, wait and invite pressure.

There's no need to do that. We should be acting like a big club and dictating our actions to other teams.

If Red Bull doesn't want to sell, fine, that's their right to take that stance, but we should be willing to test it early on with a reasonable (large) bid if Klopp has identified the player as the one he wants. Just like we should have lodged a sizeable bid for VVD if Klopp really wanted him.

The way we approach transfers is a heckin farce.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #18: Jul 05, 2017 05:33:17 pm
      If the laughingly called 'transfer committee' were anywhere near justifying the description we would have signed at least 3 more players to strengthen those areas of play where weakness cost us dear last season.

The manager has indicated his immediate targets as we all know. Surely to F**k FSG know Klopp only speaks for the good of the club and they ignore his words at their own peril; unfortunately that is to the greater peril of LFC.

As has been said are they waiting for a Chelsea, R.Madrid or Barca to get them out of the sh*t by bidding a few Euros more?

Sick to F***ing death of all the pretence, lies and these F***ing charlatans 
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #19: Jul 05, 2017 06:36:04 pm
      Klopp says be patient.

I'll take him at his word.

Jürgen Klopp's message on Liverpool transfers - 'Be patient'
      Reds boss says work has been done on other deals "behind the scenes"

Jürgen Klopp has urged Liverpool fans to be patient as he revealed the club are waiting for the “right moment” to make further signings.

The Reds broke their transfer record last month to buy Mohamed Salah for £37million and also snapped up out-of-contract Chelsea youngster Dominic Solanke.

However, Liverpool have so far been frustrated in their attempts to strengthen in other departments with Klopp keen to secure a top-class centre-back, centre midfielder and left-back during the summer window.

Naby Keita is one of Klopp’s top targets but Leipzig are currently unwilling to entertain offers for the highly-rated Guinea international, who has his heart set on a move to Anfield.

The manager has reassured supporters that plenty of work has been done “behind the scenes” which should come to fruition later in the window.

“Of course the transfer market opened a few days ago,” Klopp told Liverpoolfc.com.

“Yes, it will be a difficult one, maybe it’s getting more and more difficult, especially in England.

“But we have made a lot of good things so far. If you cannot see it so far, you can imagine we have done a lot of things behind the scenes.

“Sometimes you need to be patient and that’s what we are in the moment - to wait for the right moment and then we will see what happens.”
      /news]

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/Jürgen-klopps-message-liverpool-transfers-13286838#ICID=Android_EchoNewsApp_AppShare

Posting articles on a phone's a right back ache.
      Good luck Jürgen
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #20: Jul 05, 2017 06:36:11 pm
      I think Klopp saw the needs as:

Another wide forward who can benefit the attack the way Mane and Bobby do - signed Saleh.

A top class two-way midfielder to upgrade our entire midfield game
      A center back who is better than Lovren
      A left back who is better than Milner (or will be).

with the midfielder, it's not a case of signing just any midfielder, he has to bring a real upgrade.
      Same with the center back. Dej isn't awful, but could be improved upon.
      The left back I think there is a broader or deeper pool from which to choose from. I feel less certain about what is in the works here.

But from the article, Klopp doesn't seem all that exorcised about it. Not that he doesn't want any more new faces, but it needs to be an upgrade. I don't think there is a hint about the ownership not being willing to fund a particular transfer.

So like JK said - be patient.

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #21: Jul 05, 2017 06:45:23 pm
      He's the only one we could get agreement on all the bollocks with. ;)

In all seriousness though.

VVD, their owners are being tarts.

Keita, their owners are being tarts.

Mbappe, our owners are being tarts.  ;D

We just need to please tarts, simple as.

The story of my f**king life.

:lmao:
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #22: Jul 05, 2017 07:34:24 pm
      For what its worth .... the Arse have now signed Lacazette.
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football

And Chelsea have agreed deal to sign Rudiger.
      I don't remember the likes of Chelsea and City have ever failed to sign any of their targets in recent years.

Quick Reply