Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Preseason Training Begins

Read 5203 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Preseason Training Begins
      Jul 05, 2017 06:23:03 pm
      From The Echo, I loved this bit about the opening of training and the Sport Science staff:

"The players stepped on to the scales with their weight and height recorded before having breakfast together and then it was into the gym where a movement screen examines the players’ stretching capabilities with three stations recording data."

Something about measuring how tall these players are strikes me as funny. Are they expecting anyone to get taller? Shorter? Glad we have the science covered.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: Preseason Training Begins
      Reply #1: Jul 05, 2017 06:32:00 pm
      Remember Charlie Adam's pre season medical?

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #2: Jul 06, 2017 12:24:58 am
      Remember Charlie Adam's pre season medical?

Thought that was Firmino for a sec...

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #3: Jul 06, 2017 12:57:43 pm
       Mane
      The 25-year-old is on course to join his teammates in the main group of players for pre-season training within a time frame of 10 days after Liverpool’s preparations for the new campaign began on Wednesday.

This means, however, Mane is unlikely to figure in the Reds’ domestic friendlies with Tranmere Rovers and Wigan Athletic.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/267529-sadio-mane-injury-update
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #4: Jul 06, 2017 05:54:52 pm
       Mane
      The 25-year-old is on course to join his teammates in the main group of players for pre-season training within a time frame of 10 days after Liverpool’s preparations for the new campaign began on Wednesday.

This means, however, Mane is unlikely to figure in the Reds’ domestic friendlies with Tranmere Rovers and Wigan Athletic.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/267529-sadio-mane-injury-update

Oh that is good news

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #5: Jul 06, 2017 07:01:12 pm

Not sure if you are being sarcastic or not. He is coming back from a major injury and I'm afraid there will be some serious questions as to what he is like upon returning. We hope it is not the same as some of our other injury returnees in recent seasons (although this didn't seem to be as serious of an injury as those were).

The training staff clearly is being very careful and that is worth far more than him being in the lineup vs. Tranmere or Wigan.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #6: Jul 06, 2017 07:03:55 pm
      Thought that was Firmino for a sec...

;D. He reported back a bit chunky last season as well. I guess Bobby enjoys his close season. No problem there as he gets in shape and runs forever when it counts.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #7: Jul 06, 2017 07:38:42 pm
      ;D. He reported back a bit chunky last season as well. I guess Bobby enjoys his close season. No problem there as he gets in shape and runs forever when it counts.

Ah, that pic was last season :p He looks to be in good shape this pre season :)
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,660 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #8: Jul 07, 2017 07:57:24 am
      Klopp needs to see which fringe or young players, he wants and those left out should be sold not loaned.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #9: Jul 07, 2017 10:48:11 am
      From The Echo, I loved this bit about the opening of training and the Sport Science staff:

"The players stepped on to the scales with their weight and height recorded before having breakfast together and then it was into the gym where a movement screen examines the players’ stretching capabilities with three stations recording data."

Something about measuring how tall these players are strikes me as funny. Are they expecting anyone to get taller? Shorter? Glad we have the science covered.

Could be wrong but I reckon the sport scientists we have need height as well as weight to calculate BMI and things like that.

Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #10: Jul 07, 2017 12:11:32 pm
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #11: Jul 07, 2017 03:05:14 pm
      Could be wrong but I reckon the sport scientists we have need height as well as weight to calculate BMI and things like that.

Bang on
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #12: Jul 07, 2017 03:36:56 pm

OK. Was just mentioning that we probably already know their height. Not a big deal.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #13: Jul 07, 2017 05:46:37 pm

A wee while back (when fat Sam was in charge) Bolton were at the leading edge of sports science and technology in the Premier League.

My guess is that they still were when they were in League 1. 😄
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #14: Jul 07, 2017 06:01:13 pm
      OK. Was just mentioning that we probably already know their height. Not a big deal.

Some of the younger lads have probably grown a bit as well.
      A couple of the older ones might have grown as well; a couple of my relations didn't stop growing until they were 24/25
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #15: Jul 07, 2017 06:30:25 pm

Unless the guy that took it last year didn't measure it accurately? ;)
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #16: Jul 07, 2017 06:43:03 pm
      A wee while back (when fat Sam was in charge) Bolton were at the leading edge of sports science and technology in the Premier League.

My guess is that they still were when they were in League 1. 😄

Remember bolton under fat sam a few years ago came to Anfield and i was sat watching his army of minions walking around with all their high tech gear etc and then come kick off they proceeded to launch it everywhere
      « Last Edit: Jul 07, 2017 06:50:24 pm by FATKOPITE10 »
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #17: Jul 08, 2017 08:14:51 am
      Some of the younger lads have probably grown a bit as well.
      A couple of the older ones might have grown as well; a couple of my relations didn't stop growing until they were 24/25

Really??!?!?

Was that with their shoes on, or off?

Not to get too personal or anything.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #18: Jul 08, 2017 08:16:57 am
      Remember bolton under fat sam a few years ago came to Anfield and i was sat watching his army of minions walking around with all their high tech gear etc and then come kick off they proceeded to launch it everywhere

Testing some rocket science maybe?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #19: Jul 09, 2017 04:01:14 am
      Was watching that Inside training clip on LFCTV yesterday. Never heard of anyone having their ears pricked to take out blood. Didn't understand  that. Wouldn't you take blood from elsewhere?
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #20: Jul 09, 2017 11:13:11 am

When I was 16 stone I was over the 5'11 mark, almost at 6' with the doctors and all of those pay to weigh machines, now I'm 12 and half stone I'm just over 5'10 with the doctors and on the same machines, plus went from size 10 shoes to 8.5 shoes... the body can change... obviously these players won't experience changes like that over a summer haha, but I guess in a professional sport like theirs and having extreme fitness plans planned for each individual, they gotta be bang on, even to nano inches  :lmao:
      RedScouseLaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 753 posts | 40 
      • du du du du du du, du du du du du du
      Reply #21: Jul 09, 2017 02:09:39 pm
      They better be putting the graft in now. We all know how much Klopp likes to have his team pressing. Let's hope they're not knackered/injured by Christmas like last year when we fell away. Don't think we won a game in January, bar that FA cup replay.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #22: Jul 09, 2017 02:14:03 pm
      Really??!?!?

Was that with their shoes on, or off?

Not to get too personal or anything.

They were both around 5'5" at 21, and both were about 5'8" by 25.
      Brothers, but not twins, and their Dad (my cousin) said the same happened with him, although I don't really remember.

It's not uncommon apparently.

Quick Reply