Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

Car Appreciation

Read 212799 times
      MsGerrard
      Re: Car Appreciation
      Reply #138: May 23, 2010 02:43:27 am
      Stevie, my lad who's the same age as you has the Corsa, it's a cracking little car, easy to drive, nice and compact, and looks good too.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,619 posts | 3850 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #139: May 23, 2010 02:54:49 am
      I would avoid the Clio or any french car for that matter. Had a few small cars early on. 106 fiesta Corsa.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #140: May 23, 2010 02:58:43 am
      ^^^^

What he said.

I have a Megane at the moment and always seems to be something wrong with it. Who the feck thought it was a good idea to create French cars?!
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #141: May 23, 2010 03:22:48 am
      I'd love to have one of these.

Sadly like many others I can't afford any car little own a flash one.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #142: May 23, 2010 01:42:06 pm
      Gotta decide what car I want my dad to get me for my first, will probably be around an 03 or 04 plate, Corsa or Clio. He's got me a car for now to practice in in between my driving lessons and until I pass, he's got me a Fiat Punto Sporting.
      Was wondering if anyone had an opinion on what would be best out of the Clio and Corsa for my first car?

Be going for the Corsa all day mate. I learned in one and it was sound.

The Clio's are quite nippy though, but as people have mentioned, French cars often fail.
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #143: May 23, 2010 01:44:27 pm
      Cheers all, I originally did want a clio but am now leaning towards the corsa.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,619 posts | 3850 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #144: May 23, 2010 01:53:07 pm
      Your always better off going for a German or Japaneese car. I have had Renault and Peugeot vehicles on the fleet and between electronics and suspension problems they are troublesome and expensive. Had a Corsa as my first car too and it had bulletproof reliability. All though in saying that I found out a week after I sold it the engine went. In fairness it got some abuse
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #145: May 23, 2010 01:59:03 pm
      Your always better off going for a German or Japaneese car. I have had Renault and Peugeot vehicles on the fleet and between electronics and suspension problems they are troublesome and expensive. Had a Corsa as my first car too and it had bulletproof reliability. All though in saying that I found out a week after I sold it the engine went. In fairness it got some abuse

Yeah my dad was saying that too, seeing as he sells German cars and all.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,619 posts | 3850 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #146: May 23, 2010 02:01:53 pm
      Get him to throw in a free sport pack so ;)
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #147: May 23, 2010 02:19:04 pm
      Aye, Vauxhall's are technically Opel's, which are European, which are technically German. :D

And Clio's are just French.

I'll probably go for a Fiesta for my first car. A proper shi**er if I'm still in an unsure position through work. Or a brand spanking new one if the Missus has a job by then and I'm lording it in a decent job.

Probably the latter the way things are going. :D And the insurance costs the same either way so I might as well just lump it and have decent air conditioning. ;)
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,619 posts | 3850 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #148: May 23, 2010 02:23:23 pm
      Really like the new Fiesta. Funky looking little car. Far removed from when I had a 90 one which was cheap and cheerfull
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #149: May 23, 2010 02:53:41 pm
      The interior is snazzy looking, but still very cheap and cheerful.

iPod input and CD player as standard though, which is swaying me towards it. My mate has a 1.2 petrol, which is surprisingly quick and good on the juice so I might get a 1.4 and get a few extra perks inside. ;)

Wait a year or so and move on to a nice new Focus, which should look like this apparently...

... although there are a number of images knocking about and this looks like a bit of a mock up from the rear end of a Ford Kuga.

Either way, it should be a boss car so I can safely say I want to aim for one in the next few years. :)
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #150: May 23, 2010 03:06:48 pm
      I'm driving this in silver atm for my lessons, good that I'm learning in a big ass car so when I have a smaller one, everything will be simpler.

AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #151: May 23, 2010 06:18:12 pm
      Really like the new Fiesta. Funky looking little car. Far removed from when I had a 90 one which was cheap and cheerfull

Apparently the new fiesta and Mazda 2 are based on the same platform, hence the styling similarities

My first car was a 90's fiesta too, since then me and the wife have had a Fiesta Zetec 1.25 which was a decent lil runner.

They have changed quite a bit over the last 30 odd years!

Original

Long live the Ford Fiesta, a true classic!  :)
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #152: May 23, 2010 06:37:39 pm
      The interior is snazzy looking, but still very cheap and cheerful.

iPod input and CD player as standard though, which is swaying me towards it. My mate has a 1.2 petrol, which is surprisingly quick and good on the juice so I might get a 1.4 and get a few extra perks inside. ;)

Wait a year or so and move on to a nice new Focus, which should look like this apparently...

... although there are a number of images knocking about and this looks like a bit of a mock up from the rear end of a Ford Kuga.

Either way, it should be a boss car so I can safely say I want to aim for one in the next few years. :)

Get yourself a mazda 2 mate, they are 35% lighter just think how much more you'll save on fuel as the new models are quite similarly priced too, and the mazda is quicker because of it!

http://www.carbuyersinfo.co.uk/Mazda2%20vs%20Ford%20Fiesta.htm
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #153: May 23, 2010 08:17:54 pm
      Apparently the new fiesta and Mazda 2 are based on the same platform, hence the styling similarities

My first car was a 90's fiesta too, since then me and the wife have had a Fiesta Zetec 1.25 which was a decent lil runner.

They have changed quite a bit over the last 30 odd years!

Original

Long live the Ford Fiesta, a true classic!  :)

Funny enough...

is exactly the same as the...

Other than your lights, window shape, etc, it's exactly the same. The car manufacturers would say they're not but it's economical for them and most people don't notice.

Get yourself a mazda 2 mate, they are 35% lighter just think how much more you'll save on fuel as the new models are quite similarly priced too, and the mazda is quicker because of it!

That's the other car me and the missus were eyeing up. Always fancied them, and they are the same more or less.

If I can blag the Mazda man to lash an iPod input in, then we may have a deal. ;)
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #154: May 23, 2010 08:40:53 pm
      Funny enough...

is exactly the same as the...

Other than your lights, window shape, etc, it's exactly the same. The car manufacturers would say they're not but it's economical for them and most people don't notice.

That's the other car me and the missus were eyeing up. Always fancied them, and they are the same more or less.

If I can blag the Mazda man to lash an iPod input in, then we may have a deal. ;)

They come with a built in ipod jack, but it only lets you play the music and adjust the volume.
      Babel-Torres-Gerrard
      • Forum David Johnson

• 230 posts |
      Reply #155: May 23, 2010 10:18:57 pm
      I love the front/grille of this driving machine:

CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #156: May 23, 2010 10:19:31 pm
      They come with a built in ipod jack, but it only lets you play the music and adjust the volume.

That'll do me. ;)

I love the front/grille of this driving machine:

Alfa's are boss in general though. Lovely that.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,619 posts | 3850 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #157: Jun 09, 2010 04:24:13 pm
      The GTO Ferrari should have made.

hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,158 posts | 1287 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #158: Jun 13, 2010 07:11:49 pm
      Not sure what reception my car is going to get, but to me it's the car I got to have a go of when I was 13 on a country road in the Brecon Beacons and I fell in love with it. I'm more of a motorsport man myself, and this baby was so successful in the World Touring Car Championships that Alfa Romeo and BMW conspired with the FIA to get it banned!  Nothing beats the feel of a pure bred rear wheel drive monster, chucking it round corners and fishtailing up the straights, oh, and eating Subarus for breakfast! The old cars have pedigree and class, most of the new cars look the same though there are some real beauties out there, the new Audi R8 Spyder has caught my eye, not that I'd ever afford one though! This is a 1986 3dr Sierra Cosworth on a D plate. I also have a genuine brand new RS500 Motorsport shell that I am in the process of building, but that's going to take a couple of years yet.

CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #159: Jun 13, 2010 07:32:05 pm
      ^

I'm in love.

I adore Sierra Cossies and Saph Cossies, I sh*t you not.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,158 posts | 1287 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #160: Jun 13, 2010 07:38:26 pm
      ^

I'm in love.

I adore Sierra Cossies and Saph Cossies, I sh*t you not.

Just wait until the RS500 Motorsport is built, 650 bhp plus rear wheel drive equals hell on earth!

Quick Reply