Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Hertha Berlin 0-3 Liverpool - Sat 29th July 5pm BST

Read 13251 times
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Re: Hertha Berlin V Liverpool - Sat 29th July 5pm BST: 125th Anniversary friendly.
      Reply #69: Jul 29, 2017 06:59:33 pm
      Sounds like a good run out. How did Mane look? Was Coutinho playing in the deeper role again?
      Luke92
      • Forum Youth Player

• 8 posts |
      Re: Hertha Berlin V Liverpool - Sat 29th July 5pm BST: 125th Anniversary friendly.
      Reply #70: Jul 29, 2017 07:00:14 pm
      Nice result today! Lovely assist and goal from Coutinho/Salah. Robertson was promising going forward too, I reckon a natural lefty down that wing will be key in giving us another option when unlocking those bus parking defences.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #71: Jul 29, 2017 07:06:30 pm
      Shout out to Gomez today. More or less faultless.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #72: Jul 29, 2017 07:37:36 pm
      If Solanke keeps up this progress and fulfils his potential then, unless he can find the form that did for him so well in spring 2016, it could spell curtains for Divock Origi.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #73: Jul 29, 2017 11:46:36 pm

Unlucky BARCA, Coutinho just put another  £5m onto his valuation with that pass for Salah.......

....... £70m is a f**king piss take unless of course it's for each leg !!

Our MUtant friend Keith Singleton reckons he's not quite world class, he's wrong yannos, Coutinho is just going to get better and better, HE is world class no doubt in my mind, and each week he performs and produces passes like today a few million should be added.

YNWA

We're not going get a dollar less than what they got for seling Neymar. Neymar is gone and hopefully there's one less push factor on Cou going to barca. Barca has now become my number one most hated club.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #74: Jul 30, 2017 05:21:13 am
      Didn't see the game, just saw the highlights.

I know in the past we've had a few in pre-season that look the business, and pretty much flopped when the blood and thunder of the league gets going. But Solanke could be one of the most underrated pieces of business this summer. I don't want to burden the kid with the expectations of Liverpool F.C on him, but neither can I ignore the promise he has already shown.

Gini scored in an away game! Let's hope that now continues.

And that pass from Coutinho was simply world class, it was bang on the money, inch perfect and I doubt there are too many players who could have played a pass as perfectly as that, and the finish from Salah was just class.

Attack wise, we're up there. Pretty well covered and we'll be deadly going forward - especially when/if our opponents defend with a high-ish line. Defensively, I think we're still pretty soft and it would be good to see a marked improvement in this because for too long now this has been our Achillies Heel. Something I thought Klopp would have addressed a lot sooner if I'm honest.

I think there is one or two that could be improved upon in the team, and I'd feel really confident of us being a proper force in the league and Europe if this were to happen. Still, it's looking like we're going to have to go with what we've got and we'll still be capable of putting teams to the sword (although the bus parker question remains obviously), but in light of the summer we've had it will probably come back to more 'what if's' in May 2018. Still, I think it would be nice, and possible even to get our hands on some silverware next season, and at long last.
      « Last Edit: Jul 30, 2017 05:38:37 am by Beerbelly »
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #75: Jul 30, 2017 08:19:05 am
      How was our new LB?
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #76: Jul 30, 2017 09:56:19 am
      Just watched the full game. very impressed with Ryan Kent and Robertson. Salah together with Mane and Cou is going to be a nightmare to many defenders. Ejaria running non-stop, some nice touches eventhough a bit lightweight. he kept running at defenders, that's what i like most. Defenders don't like that at all, it doesn't give defenders the time to breath. If he toughens up, he's going to be difficult to handle.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #77: Jul 30, 2017 11:58:24 am
      Caught the highlights this morning. Looked a decent run out for everyone, though shame Origi picked up his knock. Really looking forward to Solanke's development, he's convincing me that what I've heard from Chelsea fans (loathed to have lost him, one considers him a better prospect than Tammy Abraham) is absolutely true and we may well have pulled off a bit of a coup with this one.

Our attack is certainly looking potent and the understanding already developing between Salah and the rest (particularly Coutinho) is very encouraging. Great to see Sadio back as well in the first half.

Robertson wasn't in the highlights much apart from that nice overlap and cross which was just too far in front of Salah, so didn't really get an idea of how he got on.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #78: Jul 30, 2017 05:45:31 pm
      Definitely needs a few airings next season to ram home the point!!

https://twitter.com/RichieG_LFC/status/891342699688800256

Quick Reply