Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Bayern Munich 0-3 Liverpool: Audi Cup Semi Final In game and Post Match

Read 25481 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Re: Bayern Munich 0-3 Liverpool: Audi Cup Semi Final In game and Post Match
      Reply #345: Aug 01, 2017 09:22:39 pm

Honestly could have been 5 or 6 really. Never looked bothered. Imagine if we added a couple more quality signings ;)
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #346: Aug 01, 2017 09:23:56 pm
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #347: Aug 01, 2017 09:24:28 pm
      Albert Moreno trending...and for the right reasons.

I think I might need a lie down.

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #348: Aug 01, 2017 09:24:49 pm
      Honestly could have been 5 or 6 really. Never looked bothered. Imagine if we added a couple more quality signings ;)

Good result but Bayern weren't at the races at all.

We still need a couple more quality signings before the window shuts.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #349: Aug 01, 2017 09:25:03 pm

Indeed.

Imagine have to play against those pair every day.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: Audi Cup
      Reply #350: Aug 01, 2017 09:25:33 pm
      f***in BRILLIANT LIVERPOOL !!

This result will have rivals taking notice, ok still only a friendly but its the manner of how we went about destroying one of the biggest clubs in Europe, very very impressive.

well done all, MOTM Trent Alexander Arnold, for a young lad going up against seasoned professionals i thought he was outstanding, well done son.

YNWA
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #351: Aug 01, 2017 09:25:49 pm
      And I know I've said it before but my goodness, Karius looks much more of a natural in goal than Mignolet.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #352: Aug 01, 2017 09:26:19 pm
      Good result but Bayern weren't at the races at all.

We still need a couple more quality signings before the window shuts.

Bayern has had just as much time to train as us, so no excuses. It's not like they fielded an entire "B" team...and our youngsters roughed them up towards the end. I still spied Lewandoski, Vidal and Hummels in there at the end getting their asses whipped. I'll take it, but we need more signings for sure.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #353: Aug 01, 2017 09:27:09 pm
      I've got to give MOTM to Mane....came back in and looked like he's not missed a beat, and terrorized their back line the entire time he was in there.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #354: Aug 01, 2017 09:27:42 pm
      And I know I've said it before but my goodness, Karius looks much more of a natural in goal than Mignolet.

I honestly will argue against it all day. Karius hasn't shown enough to pull Simon from his 1st place.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #355: Aug 01, 2017 09:27:46 pm

Agree.

He'd start the season if it were down to me.
      HKIred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 751 posts | 34 
      Reply #356: Aug 01, 2017 09:27:49 pm
      Not too shabby. Bring on Spaniards.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #357: Aug 01, 2017 09:29:02 pm
      I honestly will argue against it all day. Karius hasn't shown enough to pull Simon from his 1st place.

Nice to have two decent keepers in form competing for that No1 place.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #358: Aug 01, 2017 09:30:18 pm
      Tonight we saw the best and worse of Daniel Andre Sturridge... Sturridge the finisher and Sturridge the fragile... This is why it would have been prudent to have signed Javier Hernandez for a paltry £16m... New striker please !!!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #359: Aug 01, 2017 09:32:01 pm
      Great to go to these stadiums like the Allianz and the Olympiastadion and put on a good performance pre season or not.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #360: Aug 01, 2017 09:32:17 pm
      If we tried to rap studge in cotton wool he would probably suffocate, such a shame.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #361: Aug 01, 2017 09:32:24 pm
      Tonight we saw the best and worse of Daniel Andre Sturridge... Sturridge the finisher and Sturridge the fragile... This is why it would have been prudent to have signed Javier Hernandez for a paltry £16m... New striker please !!!

A fair few of us said exactly this at times this summer and before mate.

Totally agree.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #362: Aug 01, 2017 09:32:48 pm

I've seen plenty of Simon over the last 4 years to know that he's barely reached Premier League standard let alone Liverpool standard.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #363: Aug 01, 2017 09:33:35 pm
      Another good pre-season result and performance.  But it still is pre-season.

None of this sh*t used to be televised years ago.  United beat Madrid the other week and I wouldn't fancy them if they were to meet in the Champions League.

Not a huge surprise to see us looking quick and pacy at this stage - seemed to be the whole Klopp action plan last season as well.  Sadly we ran out of players as injuries took hold and that was before the 10 or so minimum European games we will have tagged on this season.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #364: Aug 01, 2017 09:33:41 pm
      I've seen plenty of Simon over the last 4 years to know that he's barely reached Premier League standard let alone Liverpool standard.

And Karius has reached our standards  :mad:
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #365: Aug 01, 2017 09:34:36 pm
      Does the tunnel at the Allianz open and close from the ground up?

F***ing cool - it's like Tracy Island from Thunderbirds that.

Just need our own virgil now.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #366: Aug 01, 2017 09:34:53 pm
      Another good pre-season result and performance.  But it still is pre-season.

None of this sh*t used to be televised years ago.  United beat Madrid the other week and I wouldn't fancy them if they were to meet in the Champions League.

Not a huge surprise to see us looking quick and pacy at this stage - seemed to be the whole Klopp action plan last season as well.  Sadly we ran out of players as injuries took hold and that was before the 10 or so minimum European games we will have tagged on this season.

Jd, do the site has an android app?
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #367: Aug 01, 2017 09:35:04 pm
      Looking very good and super fit. Bayern were sh*te.

TAA showing we have great depth at RB. Impressive display.

Sturridge -- ffs

Quick Reply