Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Bayern Munich 0-3 Liverpool: Audi Cup Semi Final In game and Post Match

Read 25771 times
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Re: Bayern Munich 0-3 Liverpool: Audi Cup Semi Final In game and Post Match
      Reply #391: Aug 01, 2017 09:53:42 pm
      I always expect these sort of performances from Liverpool. We all know our record against the teams that try and take us on at our own game. Its the games against weaker teams I worry about.

In fact it would probably be better playing against lower teams in pre-season to work on breaking them down! Great result but its only pre-season.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #392: Aug 01, 2017 09:57:45 pm
       :lmao:  Hertha having a go at Bayern....love it!

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #393: Aug 01, 2017 09:58:45 pm
      I always expect these sort of performances from Liverpool. We all know our record against the teams that try and take us on at our own game. Its the games against weaker teams I worry about.

In fact it would probably be better playing against lower teams in pre-season to work on breaking them down! Great result but its only pre-season.

Yeah. I think even without our struggles against the smaller teams last year the match against Watford a week on Saturday will be ramped up in difficulty. And Marco Silva showed enough during his short stint at Hull that his sides can be very disciplined tactically.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #394: Aug 01, 2017 09:59:27 pm
      :lmao:  Hertha having a go at Bayern....love it!

:lmao:

Quality, love that.

Also encouraging news from Sturridge, reckons it may just be fatigue, fingers crossed, that's the best he's looked in a long time.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #395: Aug 01, 2017 10:02:44 pm
      For the 2nd time I'm impressed with Ryan Kent. He has this coolness in him that I like, looked up and cut the ball back. He looks to be a confident lad. He definitely has a future here and I'm sure he'll continue to improve with Klopp's guidance.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #396: Aug 01, 2017 10:04:54 pm
      Hope VVD watched that, he'll be putting in his transfer request as we type, and saying Sheesh, i really do want to be part of that ?

Welcome to Anfield Virgil ?

YNWA

Keita's probably on writing his out..
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #397: Aug 01, 2017 10:09:21 pm
      Very good performance from us and I'd go as far to say we made Bayern look sh*te. Can tell how much Klopp has been drilling the squad.

Looking good for the start of the season anyway and good to see a few of the youngsters don't look at all fazed playing at this level.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #398: Aug 01, 2017 10:10:15 pm
      That was very very encouraging for the season to come, BTW what's happened to Moreno??
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #399: Aug 01, 2017 10:26:20 pm
      Grujic is a unit.

If he can stay healthy, he's going to be a star.

Like a new signing!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #400: Aug 01, 2017 10:59:04 pm
      Klopp on the team's level of preparation at this point: "I see we are right at the start of getting there. We have trained a lot around these games. It's not that we are fresh and top fit for the preparation games. I am satisfied but I think we can play better."

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #401: Aug 01, 2017 11:00:00 pm

Also encouraging news from Sturridge, reckons it may just be fatigue, fingers crossed, that's the best he's looked in a long time.

Well that would be some great news.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #402: Aug 01, 2017 11:13:33 pm
      Spent the last 15 minutes trying to add lfc to my sky but keep getting told there is an error, but have relented and paid a fiver for lfc go, it'll be getting cancelled as soon as the season starts though!

Was on Itv 4 !      box   and internet .

So be the Final at 7.15  tomorrow.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #403: Aug 01, 2017 11:16:11 pm
      I love grilling Moreno, but that was an outstanding first half. Didn't F**k about with the ball, and produced some end product in the final third.
      paulow63
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 665 posts | 86 
      Reply #404: Aug 01, 2017 11:25:55 pm
      About as good a performance from Liverpool I have seen, quick passing, good pressing, no passengers, looked sharp and all cohesive then to top it off a 4-0 win in Bayern's back yard, sorry 3-0.
      handbrake2
      • Forum Youth Player

• 10 posts |
      Reply #405: Aug 01, 2017 11:47:22 pm
      Why was the 4th goal not given? It would be great news if Daniel isn't hurt. I would also like to see an experimental lineup with a back 3, two deep lying mids, and Mane, Cou, Firmino and Salah behind Daniel. Preseason is the time to try out things like that.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,509 posts | 1476 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #406: Aug 02, 2017 12:03:31 am
      Why was the 4th goal not given? It would be great news if Daniel isn't hurt. I would also like to see an experimental lineup with a back 3, two deep lying mids, and Mane, Cou, Firmino and Salah behind Daniel. Preseason is the time to try out things like that.
      When the shot was fired Lallana was in an offside position, and although not involved, rammed into the keeper obstructing him.
      DanMann

• 5,749 posts | 882 
      Reply #407: Aug 02, 2017 12:05:42 am
      Some of the lads here are shocking - but all too predictable.

Sturridge is looking to have the best form for a considerable time, scores an excellent goal, and then the first sign of an injury, and all the "told you so" and "made of glass" mockery comes out.  :mad:

Give the lad a break. Get behind him. This could be a great season!!
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #408: Aug 02, 2017 12:05:51 am
      When the shot was fired Lallana was in an offside position, and although not involved, rammed into the keeper obstructing him.

Referee apparently called it. Linesman never flagged.
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #409: Aug 02, 2017 12:32:19 am

And apparently Klopp didn't learn his lesson as he showed in a german TV interview. He denied Liverpools problems against weaker teams last season. Good chance he's delusional there. Bayern played exactly how Liverpool wants to be played. No one, not even United or City, will do that. They will play defensive, waiting for counter attacks. We will see how Liverpool does.... We'd need a guy like Suarez or another Coutinho to break those defenses. We have too little "genius" in out midfield that can make things happen or we lack the striker that can force things. For instance a Crouch in his primetime could help big time in the middle.

harrydunn08

• 5,920 posts | 964 
      Reply #410: Aug 02, 2017 12:51:57 am
      And apparently Klopp didn't learn his lesson as he showed in a german TV interview. He denied Liverpools problems against weaker teams last season. Good chance he's delusional there. Bayern played exactly how Liverpool wants to be played. No one, not even United or City, will do that. They will play defensive, waiting for counter attacks. We will see how Liverpool does.... We'd need a guy like Suarez or another Coutinho to break those defenses. We have too little "genius" in out midfield that can make things happen or we lack the striker that can force things. For instance a Crouch in his primetime could help big time in the middle.

???

Another one for the ignore list....

#wum
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #411: Aug 02, 2017 01:04:01 am
      Only got round to watching it late tonight. Thought it was a great performance all round. There were a few minor details that I could nitpick at but I won't bother.

Surprise player for me was Moreno. Thought he put in a superb performance and considering Trent had Alaba & Ribery to deal with I thought he did superb too.

Starting Mane, Salah & Coutinho together this season is going to result in one thing, everybody continuing to put 10 men behind the ball. Nobody in their right mind with even just a decent defence would bother coming past their 18 yard box :D.

No idea what was up with Bayern tonight but they were shocking. What's the latest on Sturridge? Hope it's nothing serious. That finish was delightful.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #412: Aug 02, 2017 01:08:06 am
      Studge says he is ok, he is tired and was being overly cautious.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #413: Aug 02, 2017 01:31:48 am
      Studge says he is ok, he is tired and was being overly cautious.

Deffo felt a twinge in thigh when he was running through to chip keeper and probably doesn't want to damage it further.

Quick Reply