Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Bayern Munich 0-3 Liverpool: Audi Cup Semi Final In game and Post Match

Read 25482 times
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Re: Bayern Munich 0-3 Liverpool: Audi Cup Semi Final In game and Post Match
      Reply #414: Aug 02, 2017 01:59:48 am
      great game and it was a joy to watch. all the lads deserve a pat on the shoulder.

as for karius and mignolet, i sill lean towards migs although secretly i believe klopp prefers karius.  karius is young and needs time to get his feet wet in the prem. the expectations of being a liverpool keeper is huge pressure and he will be under a microscope

my prediction is that simon will start as our number one keeper this season but karius will end as number one

also we are struggling to get our transfer business done.  i think we need to hold onto our players. all of them. i rather have moreno as cover than a u19 because we got unlucky with injuries and need to play a youngster in a CL final vs real madrid :D

im really looking forward to this season. YNWA!
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #415: Aug 02, 2017 03:14:36 am
      And apparently Klopp didn't learn his lesson as he showed in a german TV interview. He denied Liverpools problems against weaker teams last season. Good chance he's delusional there. Bayern played exactly how Liverpool wants to be played. No one, not even United or City, will do that. They will play defensive, waiting for counter attacks. We will see how Liverpool does.... We'd need a guy like Suarez or another Coutinho to break those defenses. We have too little "genius" in out midfield that can make things happen or we lack the striker that can force things. For instance a Crouch in his primetime could help big time in the middle.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #416: Aug 02, 2017 03:33:30 am
      The Klopp plan was in full motion for that.

Was more like a 4-1-2-1-2 with Bobby dropping and both wingers cutting in to play nearly central and hit Bayern with their pace.

If someone still can't see how Bobby's presence up top brings together the strengths of our attackers then that was the perfect example.

Moreno was outstanding and both wide men were a constant threat. Kent, TAA and Woodburn all showing touches of class in their performances.

Good stuff.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #417: Aug 02, 2017 05:33:47 am
      Not one to take these friendly games seriously but it was a good game to watch on a day where there was F**k all on the tele.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #418: Aug 02, 2017 07:07:49 am
      Only saw the goals and some other additional but limited highlights.

Mane - great goal, great flick for Moreno for Salah's goal. Class act. Need to keep him fit, as we know, he's probably the most influential player in our attack.

Nice to see Sturridge do what he does best: scores a classy goal and then gets injured.

Good run out by all accounts. Well done.

We look fit already, just hope we don't peak too early this season and run out of steam later on.

Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #419: Aug 02, 2017 08:28:16 am
      Beat Atleti tonight and thats 2 trophies wrapped up

Now to get these signings done and dusted
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,709 posts | 162 
      Reply #420: Aug 02, 2017 09:07:11 am
      Delighted with our performance last night. The lads look up for it, shame about Sturridge but not one bit surprised. Does anyone else think that playing 2 games in 2 days is a bad idea.
      We have a few players who are just coming back from long injuries like Mane and Hendo. I'll be watching tonight with caution. I'm sure Klopp and his team know what they are doin but all the same..
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #421: Aug 02, 2017 10:36:50 am
      Beat Atleti tonight and thats 2 trophies wrapped up

Now to get these signings done and dusted

Technically we'd have won the Premier League and European Cup before the season truly started.

Klopp is a magician.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #422: Aug 02, 2017 11:04:10 am
      And Karius has reached our standards  :mad:

I think Karius should be starting. Those times tonight where he anticipated chances and raced off the line to clear will save us a good few goals.

Migs would be rooted to his line on most of them just watching a striker run at him to pick his spot.

They're both as bad as each other in the box and with ariel stuff but in all fairness Karius never really got an extended run to prove himself.

Certainly not the 4 years migs has had. I'd give the lad a fair chance to prove himself.

We already know all of migs faults and he isn't going to change. Karius on the other hand is still a bit of an unknown.

But he did get voted second best keeper in Germany in the players awards. Given that his competition was Neuer I'd say that he must have been pretty good.

I know you can't compare but look how sh*t De Gea  was and that never turned out too bad.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #423: Aug 02, 2017 12:53:13 pm
      I think Karius should be starting. Those times tonight where he anticipated chances and raced off the line to clear will save us a good few goals.

Migs would be rooted to his line on most of them just watching a striker run at him to pick his spot.

They're both as bad as each other in the box and with ariel stuff but in all fairness Karius never really got an extended run to prove himself.

Certainly not the 4 years migs has had. I'd give the lad a fair chance to prove himself.

We already know all of migs faults and he isn't going to change. Karius on the other hand is still a bit of an unknown.

But he did get voted second best keeper in Germany in the players awards. Given that his competition was Neuer I'd say that he must have been pretty good.

I know you can't compare but look how sh*t De Gea  was and that never turned out too bad.

For me, Mignolet at the moment is better than Karius. But Karius can't improve if he is not playing. The same thing with Ward.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #424: Aug 02, 2017 12:58:16 pm
      Great result, but marred a bit by Bayerns antics.

The falling over at the slightest touch was bad enough (and how bad was the ref?) but when they started hacking, kicking and making very unnecessary fouls just because they were losing, it showed the real character of that team; spoiled and entitled.

Bayern simply had no answers to our front 3/4, with their pace, movement and trickery, so they resorted to trying to kick them out of the game.

The team is still very much a work in progress, but Klopp is getting there.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #425: Aug 02, 2017 01:26:45 pm
      We already know all of migs faults and he isn't going to change.

Why would Karius change and Migs not? Migs is probably a few years away from being at his peak so in all honesty his best seasons are still ahead of him.
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 844 posts | 235 
      Reply #426: Aug 02, 2017 01:28:44 pm
      Still don't understand why the own goal was disallowed, because Lallana wasn't offside, when the ball was kicked,  and he didn't touch the goalie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCNNt2qy71Y
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #427: Aug 02, 2017 01:35:31 pm
      Still don't understand why the own goal was disallowed, because Lallana wasn't offside, when the ball was kicked,  and he didn't touch the goalie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCNNt2qy71Y

Crap refereeing, it was a perfectly fine goal.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #428: Aug 02, 2017 02:08:42 pm
      Always good to win and score some nice goals, but I never cared about friendlies and still don't.

Never forget when we got spanked by Mainz on a friendly and ended the season in Athens playing an European Cup final.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #429: Aug 02, 2017 02:15:12 pm
      Great result, but marred a bit by Bayerns antics.

The falling over at the slightest touch was bad enough

Good test that for Europe though, we're gonna get that definitely in the Champions League, so was a good learning curve for the likes of TAA, who was guilty of it a couple of times with Ribery, were we by just placing hands on Ribery's back he was always going to go down and get the free-kick.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #430: Aug 02, 2017 03:11:32 pm
      Still don't understand why the own goal was disallowed

Because Bayern in Allianz ;)
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #431: Aug 02, 2017 03:43:08 pm
      Good test that for Europe though, we're gonna get that definitely in the Champions League, so was a good learning curve for the likes of TAA, who was guilty of it a couple of times with Ribery, were we by just placing hands on Ribery's back he was always going to go down and get the free-kick.

True.
      Some of the lads need to understand that opponents will go down after the slightest contact.

I was more concerned that they were trying to butcher Mane and Salah though.
      With those 2 and Firmino, I think we'll see a few opponents sent off this year.
      I only hope our lads don't get injured because of shithouse tactics being used to try and stop them.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #432: Aug 02, 2017 05:10:40 pm
      I think Liverpool are better than Barcelona now. Aging team and Neymar gone.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #433: Aug 02, 2017 05:33:39 pm
      I think Liverpool are better than Barcelona now. Aging team and Neymar gone.

You have the posting version of bi-polar.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #434: Aug 02, 2017 05:36:57 pm
      I was more concerned that they were trying to butcher Mane and Salah though.
      With those 2 and Firmino, I think we'll see a few opponents sent off this year.

Plenty of pens too.  If Milly loses his place to Robertson, who will take our pens?  I'd elect Coutinho 😎
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #435: Aug 02, 2017 05:41:37 pm
      Plenty of pens too.  If Milly loses his place to Robertson, who will take our pens?  I'd elect Coutinho 😎

By all accounts, Coutinho isn't the best at penalties. If anyone other than Milner is on them then without a doubt has to be Can IMO.

Bayern currently losing again. That Renato Sanchez is proper crap like! Don't get that hype at all.

Quick Reply