Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Andrew Robertson : Hull FC

Read 30921 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Andrew Robertson : Hull FC
      Jul 14, 2017 08:28:04 pm
      « Last Edit: Jul 14, 2017 08:32:52 pm by HScRed1 »
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Re: Andrew Robertson Hull FC
      Reply #1: Jul 14, 2017 08:34:04 pm
      Acutally think this kid could be a helluva signing 23, fast and smart and decent awareness..good defender.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Andrew Robertson : Hull FC
      Reply #2: Jul 14, 2017 09:02:03 pm
      LB?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3: Jul 14, 2017 09:36:32 pm

Well this is interesting. Thought this was just speculation and nothing more to it. Encouraged by this. Incidentally I had a shot of the old Football Manager (2016 version) on the laptop a few months ago and built a side at Roma with Robertson at left back. One hell of a player on that game...as was Salah who was the piece de resistance of that Roma team. He's stunning on FM.

Still like Scotia's suggestion of Tierney's though. It doesn't have to be either him or Robertson. Get them both! Get young Kieran before Lawwell and co rocket his price up further!
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #4: Jul 14, 2017 09:58:47 pm

The first time we were linked with the lad.

First Mane, then Salah and VvD, now Robertson. It's almost eerie the way both Brendan and Jürgen like (and were linked with) the same  players.  😲

That has definitely saved our 'scouting' department a lot of work, if nothing else. 😉

-------------------------------------------------------------

On the lad himself: I genuinely like him but for some weird reason, I had convinced myself Jürgen was going to raid Germany for a left back and that the links (with Robertson) were just press speculation. Looks like I got that way wrong. 😁
      « Last Edit: Jul 15, 2017 09:53:29 am by bad boy bubby »
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #5: Jul 14, 2017 10:04:03 pm
      I think he's a right good player, proper footballer. As I've said before - Scotland just happen to have 2 top left backs just now......this kid is a good 'un
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #6: Jul 14, 2017 11:49:46 pm
      Have we finally found a replacement for Riise?!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #7: Jul 15, 2017 12:49:52 am
      Won't take much for him to show he is better than Milner, I was hoping that nonsense would have ended this season but I suppose every manager has the're blind spot.

red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #8: Jul 15, 2017 09:42:33 am
      Happy with this signing if we do manage to sign Keita and VVD as that will make us one of the biggest net spenders of this transfer window and that will be impressive.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #9: Jul 15, 2017 10:59:57 am
      Will be a very clever signing.

He's a proper left back this lad.

Haven't had one of those for some time.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #10: Jul 15, 2017 01:46:54 pm
      Going against the grain because I find him rash and a little inexperienced defensively and going forward nothing to rave about either.

Will be nice to see a natural left back with a useable left foot playing left back though, even if he is average. Be interesting to see what happens to Milner if he retains his spot ahead of Robertson or if he is moved around again, or even benched.

He is a big earner and i'm sure Fenway will start to get ideas of trying to move him on.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #11: Jul 15, 2017 01:51:58 pm
      Going against the grain because I find him rash and a little inexperienced defensively and going forward nothing to rave about either.

Will be nice to see a natural left back with a useable left foot playing left back though, even if he is average. Be interesting to see what happens to Milner if he retains his spot ahead of Robertson or if he is moved around again, or even benched.

He is a big earner and i'm sure Fenway will start to get ideas of trying to move him on if he can't command a starting role.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #12: Jul 15, 2017 01:52:34 pm

Still remember how some fans turned on riise after that chelsea og, pathetic
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #13: Jul 15, 2017 04:33:31 pm
      Don't regard him as a world beater by any means, however, he is a very decent attacking left wing back who can defend very well, i think he can improve tremendously under a Jürgen  Klopp regime where his skills will be prevalent, he also has a wicked shot on him, perhaps not in the Riise mould but nevertheless he will be a great acquisition to our squad, i like him and believe he will shine with the players he has around him, hope we land him.

YNWA
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,918 posts | 281 
      Reply #14: Jul 15, 2017 06:13:07 pm
      To be fair I don't think Milner did much wrong last season..

He didn't do much wrong but he got found out after 1/2 a season, and being predictable doesn't do the team any favours.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #15: Jul 15, 2017 06:25:27 pm
      Don't regard him as a world beater by any means, however, he is a very decent attacking left wing back who can defend very well, i think he can improve tremendously under a Jürgen  Klopp regime where his skills will be prevalent, he also has a wicked shot on him, perhaps not in the Riise mould but nevertheless he will be a great acquisition to our squad, i like him and believe he will shine with the players he has around him, hope we land him.

YNWA

I know sweet F.A. about him but it would be a surprise if we went for a player to come in who was understudy unless we have something in the pipeline.

I don't see a player like TAA coming through that you might think it's worth giving him the development time instead so I'd much prefer we went for someone to come straight into the first team and improve us.

FWIW at LB I think most players in the league would improve us there, really don't think Milner got the stick he deserved last season due to his near impeccable pens and his tireless work. I had a big issue with his quality at both ends of the pitch and his pace and, like I said, whoever comes in I just hope it's to start.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #16: Jul 15, 2017 07:53:34 pm
      I know sweet F.A. about him but it would be a surprise if we went for a player to come in who was understudy unless we have something in the pipeline.

I don't see a player like TAA coming through that you might think it's worth giving him the development time instead so I'd much prefer we went for someone to come straight into the first team and improve us.

FWIW at LB I think most players in the league would improve us there, really don't think Milner got the stick he deserved last season due to his near impeccable pens and his tireless work. I had a big issue with his quality at both ends of the pitch and his pace and, like I said, whoever comes in I just hope it's to start.

Got to be honest Luke he's a much better LB than Milner was or will ever be, that's no disrespect to Jimmy cos he did a great job in a position that was alien to him, we've all been screaming for a natural LB who can actually defend and at the same time have the capacity to attack and deliver quality balls into the box etc, we'll have that in Robertson and like i say he's no world beater but nor was Nicol, Neale(RB), or JAR for that matter, you could say messers Nicol & Neale became worldy's but only after arriving at Anfield,

I think he'll prove to be a very smart acquisition and for me he would certainly improve us.

YNWA
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #17: Jul 16, 2017 12:35:46 am

Got to be honest Luke he's a much better LB than Milner was or will ever be, that's no disrespect to Jimmy cos he did a great job in a position that was alien to him, we've all been screaming for a natural LB who can actually defend and at the same time have the capacity to attack and deliver quality balls into the box etc, we'll have that in Robertson and like i say he's no world beater but nor was Nicol, Neale(RB), or JAR for that matter, you could say messers Nicol & Neale became worldy's but only after arriving at Anfield,

I think he'll prove to be a very smart acquisition and for me he would certainly improve us.

YNWA

Like the sound of that Billy, cheers.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #18: Jul 16, 2017 02:05:35 am

Typical.

Played constantly out of position by the manager and Jimmy didn't get the 'stick he deserved'.

Had that have been Rodgers, your criticism would have been aimed at the manager for playing a player out of position.

Anyway, hope this lad Robertson is the LB we've so long needed.
      « Last Edit: Jul 16, 2017 02:11:14 am by Beerbelly »
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #19: Jul 16, 2017 09:11:24 am

Only if we sign a Bellamy type player complete with golf clubs.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #20: Jul 16, 2017 12:04:05 pm
      Liverpool winger Ryan Kent, 20, is wanted by Hull as part of the deal that will take Scottish left-back Andrew Robertson, 23, in the opposite direction....
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #21: Jul 16, 2017 12:38:38 pm
      Liverpool winger Ryan Kent, 20, is wanted by Hull as part of the deal that will take Scottish left-back Andrew Robertson, 23, in the opposite direction....
      Not sure about that. A season loan for Kent as part of the deal is fine. I rather buy a player that is established, I don't call experience at Hull what we should be looking for.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #22: Jul 16, 2017 12:43:51 pm
      Not sure about that. A season loan for Kent as part of the deal is fine. I rather buy a player that is established, I don't call experience at Hull what we should be looking for.

Somewhere kevin keegan, ian rush, phil neal and ray clemence csn afford themselves a smile

Quick Reply