Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Premier League Asia Trophy Hong Kong 2017 Tournament

Read 21976 times
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Re: Premier League Asia Trophy Hong Kong 2017 Tournament
      Reply #184: Jul 22, 2017 03:22:23 pm
      Coutinho didn't celebrate his goal much  :'(

I saw him smile when Salah went to hug him.

clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #185: Jul 22, 2017 03:22:31 pm
      Karius's kicking is just 100 times better than Mignolet's. But to be fair anyone could kick better than Mignolet - he really is appalling.

So let's playing him as an footballer rather a keeper because you and Jd only saw his feet talent. Mignolet is better.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #186: Jul 22, 2017 03:22:57 pm

Even on the bench he was very quite.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #187: Jul 22, 2017 03:25:35 pm

Because it's a pre-season tournament in hot conditions. Christ, nor did Salah so I guess that means he's off too.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #188: Jul 22, 2017 03:28:46 pm
      Because it's a pre-season tournament in hot conditions. Christ, nor did Salah so I guess that means he's off too.
      i guess I will take your word for it. I don't want Coutinho to go.
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #189: Jul 22, 2017 03:29:05 pm
      Very happy with all the young talent we have. A few positives from the second half:

Woodburn seems to be able to play in pretty much any position. Great footballing brain, intelligent movement, good short and long passing and knows how to find the back of the net.

Kent with blistering pace on the right hand side, a real winger. I hope he finds a good club to go on loan to. Would love to see him at a club like Bournemouth.

Gomez looking good, doesn't seem to have lost any of his pace, did well at RB to be honest and it's great to see him fully fit.

Klavan defended well on the few occassions it was really needed, he certainly will do a fine job in the cups.

All in all two good games, a nice little trophy and on to Munich now.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #190: Jul 22, 2017 03:29:12 pm
      So let's playing him as an footballer rather a keeper because you and Jd only saw his feet talent. Mignolet is better.

Karius has greater potential (as does 90% of all other PL goalkeepers). He is quicker, more accurate in his kicking, quicker off the line. Just needs a good run of games to establish a good understanding with the defenders in front of him. He'll start the season as number 1 but I've seen enough of Simon to know he isn't up to standard. Two excellent months at the end of last season does not make up for 4 atrocious years of sub par goalkeeping.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #191: Jul 22, 2017 03:30:16 pm

Only you could try to piss on our parade
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #192: Jul 22, 2017 03:31:31 pm
      Only you could piss on our parade

I wouldn't listen to the WUM.
      paulow63
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 648 posts | 83 
      Reply #193: Jul 22, 2017 03:31:38 pm
      Definitely a hint of Scouse in Jürgen's accent now. Had he been going for English lessons at Jan's house?
      BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #194: Jul 22, 2017 03:32:24 pm
      This is pretty strange, they almost look embarrassed with that trophy!
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #195: Jul 22, 2017 03:32:31 pm
      Karius has greater potential, is quicker, more accurate in his kicking, quicker off the line. Just needs a good run of games to establish a good understanding with the defenders in front of him. He'll start the season as number 1 but I've seen enough of Simon to know he isn't up to standard. Two excellent months at the end of last season does not make up for 4 atrocious years of sub par goalkeeping.

Sorry mate, I disagree. Mignolet has turned a page or a chapter. He is improving in all areas.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #196: Jul 22, 2017 03:36:53 pm
      Sorry mate, I disagree. Mignolet has turned a page or a chapter. He is improving in all areas.

I think he's got a long way to go before we start saying he's turned a corner. A full season displaying the form he showed in the spring would be the bare minimum given the amount of chances he's had at this club and the amount of points he has lost us.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #197: Jul 22, 2017 03:39:02 pm
      Very happy with all the young talent we have. A few positives from the second half:

Woodburn seems to be able to play in pretty much any position. Great footballing brain, intelligent movement, good short and long passing and knows how to find the back of the net.

Kent with blistering pace on the right hand side, a real winger. I hope he finds a good club to go on loan to. Would love to see him at a club like Bournemouth.

Gomez looking good, doesn't seem to have lost any of his pace, did well at RB to be honest and it's great to see him fully fit.

Klavan defended well on the few occassions it was really needed, he certainly will do a fine job in the cups.

All in all two good games, a nice little trophy and on to Munich now.

I like Klavan. Not as a first eleven player but as a player who can be called upon I think he fits the bill quite nicely. I thought his defensive performance at Goodison Park last season was one of the best of the season.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #198: Jul 22, 2017 03:40:14 pm
      Many positives from that preseason tournament and quite enjoyable to watch.
      It may only be a preseason trophy but winning any trophy and getting used to that feeling is vitally important.
      Also fabulous support once again when our club travels the globe. I was in hong kong airport yesterday for an hour and was trying to come up with a way that I could stay there for a few days to watch the game! Agh!
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #199: Jul 22, 2017 03:43:48 pm
      Karius has greater potential (as does 90% of all other PL goalkeepers). He is quicker, more accurate in his kicking, quicker off the line. Just needs a good run of games to establish a good understanding with the defenders in front of him. He'll start the season as number 1 but I've seen enough of Simon to know he isn't up to standard. Two excellent months at the end of last season does not make up for 4 atrocious years of sub par goalkeeping.

Spot on that mate.
      FRANS
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 551 posts | 19 
      Reply #200: Jul 22, 2017 03:47:22 pm
      Finally won the Premier League... Asia Trophy.

clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #201: Jul 22, 2017 03:48:07 pm
      I think he's got a long way to go before we start saying he's turned a corner. A full season displaying the form he showed in the spring would be the bare minimum given the amount of chances he's had at this club and the amount of points he has lost us.

Different minds, different thoughts.
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #202: Jul 22, 2017 03:48:55 pm
      I like Klavan. Not as a first eleven player but as a player who can be called upon I think he fits the bill quite nicely. I thought his defensive performance at Goodison Park last season was one of the best of the season.

Oh I fully agree. I didn't mean it in a bad way. I think the stick he got sometimes during last season was a bit over the top. He has never really disappointed and has indeed put in some good performances. His performance against City where he got a yellow within the first 10 minutes and went on to play a great game was one of his best games for us too along with the Goodison Park one.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #203: Jul 22, 2017 03:51:58 pm
      Oh I fully agree. I didn't mean it in a bad way. I think the stick he got sometimes during last season was a bit over the top. He has never really disappointed and has indeed put in some good performances. His performance against City where he got a yellow within the first 10 minutes and went on to play a great game was one of his best games for us too along with the Goodison Park one.

Oh no - sorry if it sounded like I was misunderstanding you - I was just adding my two cents to your perspective with which I agree with!
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #204: Jul 22, 2017 04:41:52 pm

Until Karius can prove he isn't scared shi....tless of high balls, crosses and elbows I don't really want him anywhere the starting line up. It took Migs 4 years to finally grow some balls and show some dominance in the penalty box. For me he has earned the gloves based on his play last season. It was much improved.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #205: Jul 22, 2017 04:47:35 pm
      Just saw the Salah goal. The Coutinho pass was lovely but the timing of that run by Salah through the middle to connect perfectly with the ball was even better!
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #206: Jul 22, 2017 05:32:34 pm
      Hendo looking fitter and sharper. Still needs to work on his short passing game, and perhaps needs a ball player next to him,  but other than that, I have been impressed.

Quick Reply