Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should LFC sell Coutinho to Barcelona in this transfer window?

Yes, sell now, leaves now.
      (20.4%)
      Yes, sell now,go in the summer
      (59.2%)
      No, he stays, what ever.
      (20.4%)

Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)

Read 283839 times
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)
      Jul 21, 2017 06:41:26 am
      Paul Joyce - https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/barcas-72m-coutinho-bid-q0h7n2jrn

Liverpool insisted last night that Philippe Coutinho was not for sale at any price after Barcelona bid £72 million for the Brazil playmaker.

The Catalan giants have tracked Coutinho for the past six months but Liverpool maintain that their talisman, who signed a new five-year contract last season, will not be allowed to leave even if Barcelona return with a higher offer.

The 25-year-old is viewed as a potential replacement for Andrés Iniesta, 33, who is entering the final year of his contract at the Nou Camp, but the move comes at a time when Paris Saint-Germain are trying to sign Neymar, the Barcelona forward, in what would be a record deal.

Jürgen Klopp has repeatedly impressed upon Coutinho the importance he has in his plans and that the club would not sell him.

Coutinho, who is friends with Neymar and Luis Suárez, the former Liverpool striker who joined Barcelona in 2014 for £75 million, became the club’s top-earning player on about £150,000 a week when he signed a new deal January.

The absence of a release clause in the contract gives Liverpool control over the player’s future and, speaking in May, Klopp said that he was “completely relaxed” about Barcelona’s public courtship of Coutinho.

“When did he sign his new contract? So that would be a nice idea [to sell him],” the Liverpool manager had said sarcastically before the end of last season.

“There are absolutely no plans. What our owners say is there is the absolute opportunity not to sell anybody if we do not want to.”

Liverpool’s position is the one that RB Leipzig have adopted in their attempts to prevent Klopp from signing Naby Keïta.

The Bundesliga side have rejected bids of £57 million and £66 million from Liverpool for the Guinea midfielder
      « Last Edit: Jul 21, 2017 10:29:44 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Re: Philippe Coutinho - Barcelona
      Reply #1: Jul 21, 2017 06:43:31 am
      So it begins:

Paul Joyce - https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/barcas-72m-coutinho-bid-q0h7n2jrn

Liverpool insisted last night that Philippe Coutinho was not for sale at any price after Barcelona bid £72 million for the Brazil playmaker.

The Catalan giants have tracked Coutinho for the past six months but Liverpool maintain that their talisman, who signed a new five-year contract last season, will not be allowed to leave even if Barcelona return with a higher offer.

The 25-year-old is viewed as a potential replacement for Andrés Iniesta, 33, who is entering the final year of his contract at the Nou Camp, but the move comes at a time when Paris Saint-Germain are trying to sign Neymar, the Barcelona forward, in what would be a record deal.

Jürgen Klopp has repeatedly impressed upon Coutinho the importance he has in his plans and that the club would not sell him.

Coutinho, who is friends with Neymar and Luis Suárez, the former Liverpool striker who joined Barcelona in 2014 for £75 million, became the club’s top-earning player on about £150,000 a week when he signed a new deal January.

The absence of a release clause in the contract gives Liverpool control over the player’s future and, speaking in May, Klopp said that he was “completely relaxed” about Barcelona’s public courtship of Coutinho.

“When did he sign his new contract? So that would be a nice idea [to sell him],” the Liverpool manager had said sarcastically before the end of last season.

“There are absolutely no plans. What our owners say is there is the absolute opportunity not to sell anybody if we do not want to.”

Liverpool’s position is the one that RB Leipzig have adopted in their attempts to prevent Klopp from signing Naby Keïta.

The Bundesliga side have rejected bids of £57 million and £66 million from Liverpool for the Guinea midfielder

Give us another year at least please, Phil.

https://twitter.com/MelissaReddy_/status/888273418197413890

https://twitter.com/MelissaReddy_/status/888274364533166081
      « Last Edit: Jul 21, 2017 06:48:35 am by what-a-hit-son »
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #2: Jul 21, 2017 06:43:45 am
      Gone in a month
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #3: Jul 21, 2017 06:48:01 am
      They'll dig their heels in for a bit, drive up the price, sell him and only then we will we actually some players come in. In true FSG style things only ever really happen in the window ONCE we've just sold our best player.
      « Last Edit: Jul 21, 2017 06:55:03 am by Scottbot »
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #4: Jul 21, 2017 07:03:23 am
      If Phil wants gone and I don't believe he does, 120 million pounds is the starting price ( which we should reject) or F**k off!!!
      chap
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 672 posts | 35 
      Reply #5: Jul 21, 2017 07:05:04 am
      Irreplaceable player in his prime be crazy to sell for any money especially with our difficulty attracting players and getting deals done. If hes sold the fans wont be able to say much with those big American money balls in our mouths 
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #6: Jul 21, 2017 07:08:11 am
      They'll dig their heels in for a bit, drive up the price, sell him and only then we will we actually some players come in. In true FSG style things only ever really happen in the window ONCE we've just sold our best player.

Spot on mate exactly how I feel about it.
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #7: Jul 21, 2017 07:16:27 am
      Do not let this happen FSG. Get some quality in and show Phil we mean business this season.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #8: Jul 21, 2017 07:23:41 am
      Do not let this happen FSG. Get some quality in and show Phil we mean business this season.

Aye, a couple more like Robertson should do it and no doubt Phil will be sticking both fingers up to the Catalans. I hear they've got a. Outlet of good-ins at West Brom we should be looking at.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #9: Jul 21, 2017 07:36:15 am
      Double OP by me.

Absolutely no idea what happened there.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #10: Jul 21, 2017 07:40:29 am
      Cue the PR campaign against Phil, Barca turned his head,always wanted to play for them,his buddy Neymar was key,his wife wanted to be closer to her freinds,he misses the siesta blah blah blah..

ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #11: Jul 21, 2017 07:54:50 am
      I said a month ago that we wouldn't bring in Salah at £40 million, and VD at £70 million without selling Coutinho to pay for it. Ok so Salah only cost £34 million but I still believe FSG would never spend that kind of money without their tried and trusted sell to buy policy.
      Rest assured that If we do bring it Keita, Coutinho will be sold!

How they're still pulling the wool over people's eyes is beyond me. Wake up people, it's been years of the same sh*t.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #12: Jul 21, 2017 08:27:04 am
      He will be off soon no doubt but I'd be surprised if it was this summer.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #13: Jul 21, 2017 08:36:39 am
      This is not going to happen this summer so I'd stop worrying about it. New contract in January, no release clause and I can't see him forcing a move through this transfer window.

If we don't start competing for trophies and making real progress next year it's only a matter of time till he ends up at Barca, but I'd bet it's not this summer.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #14: Jul 21, 2017 08:40:15 am
      If this was to turn out to be true we should demand Suarez signs for us as part of the deal.Seeing as hopefully this is a piss take we should demand 50 million quid as well. :f_tongueincheek:
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #15: Jul 21, 2017 08:41:11 am
      Agree he is not going anywhere this summer although £150M + Suarez with his teeth extracted I would be interested........
      grooveshark
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 167 posts | 129 
      Reply #16: Jul 21, 2017 08:45:09 am
      I for one do not think that it will happen this season.

1) If you are building, then you need to add to the talented players you have, not sell them and try and get a replacement.

2) The team is already struggling to bring in players in, so why would selling make any sense?

3) He just extended his contract not long ago; it does not have a buyout clause embedded.

4) What type of message would it be sending to the fans? What does it say to other teams?

I love that they have come up with a not for sale tag, and I hope that they will stick to it.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #17: Jul 21, 2017 08:48:34 am
      I for one do not think that it will happen this season.

1) If you are building, then you need to add to the talented players you have, not sell them and try and get a replacement.

2) The team is already struggling to bring in players in, so why would selling make any sense?

3) He just extended his contract not long ago; it does not have a buyout clause embedded.

4) What type of message would it be sending to the fans? What does it say to other teams?

I love that they have come up with a not for sale tag, and I hope that they will stick to it.

That last clause of your post will tell us for definite where Fenway want to take this club.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #18: Jul 21, 2017 09:14:27 am
      I would normally say gone for about £85m by the end of transfer window but this time we have Klopp as the manager so perhaps not. I still think he will be gone and we will buy Keita with that money. Lure of Barcelona is too high for any player let alone their families. They would speak the same language, etc.

FSG as sh*te. #FSGOUT
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #19: Jul 21, 2017 09:17:29 am
      I would normally say gone for about £85m by the end of transfer window but this time we have Klopp as the manager so perhaps not. I still think he will be gone and we will buy Keita with that money. Lure of Barcelona is too high for any player let alone their families. They would speak the same language, etc.

FSG as sh*te. #FSGOUT
      Brazilians speak Portuguese not Spanish. Different language.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #20: Jul 21, 2017 09:18:11 am
      I will be sick if Cou leaves.

He's our only world class player.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #21: Jul 21, 2017 09:21:42 am
      Are people honestly using yet another thread to slag the F**k out of FSG? Jesus F***ing wept! I give up with the transfer threads.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #22: Jul 21, 2017 09:31:14 am
      This is not going to happen this summer so I'd stop worrying about it. New contract in January, no release clause and I can't see him forcing a move through this transfer window.

If we don't start competing for trophies and making real progress next year it's only a matter of time till he ends up at Barca, but I'd bet it's not this summer.

Tentatively agree with this.

We need to start winning trophies, and pulling in players who the boss really wants so the grass won't look so greener on the other side.

Quick Reply