Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should LFC sell Coutinho to Barcelona in this transfer window?

Yes, sell now, leaves now.
      (20.4%)
      Yes, sell now,go in the summer
      (59.2%)
      No, he stays, what ever.
      (20.4%)

Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)

Read 287282 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)
      Reply #1035: Aug 10, 2017 09:30:05 am
      It took 45 minutes to reject their first bid, last nights bid was rejected immediately.

That tells you everyone from owners, ceo to manager are all on the same page regarding Coutinho.

I wonder if the posters who have been slamming the owners over the past few days are going to offer an apology?
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1036: Aug 10, 2017 09:32:47 am
      Aren't Barcelona the club that sells themselves as an anti-establishment, begging bowl, all set for world domination, if only pesky Real Madrid were not around to stop them.

The raison d'etre of Barcelona FC is anti Real Madrid, where they use their annual El Classico game as a propaganda rally for Catalan politics. MES QUE UN PUB.

Owen was brought to Austria and made sit on the bench for 90 minutes, as playing him meant he couldn't be sold. The next night Morientes played in Real's qualifier, which meant he was no use to us in Istanbul or anywhere else in Europe that spring. Hopefully Coutinho will be brought to Hoffenheim, put on the pitch instead and therefore resolve the issue in just a few days time.

That all went out of the window when the last president was announced.

Gone is the Unicef logo, gone are the days of finding the next superstar from La Masia, now it's all about taking the Qatari money and splashing out on what that money can get them.

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #1037: Aug 10, 2017 09:40:24 am
      I wonder if the posters who have been slamming the owners over the past few days are going to offer an apology?

Didn't post it for that reason mate, just to put a few minds at rest, its comforting to know everyone is singing from the same Hymn sheet.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1038: Aug 10, 2017 10:00:03 am

Are you alright?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1039: Aug 10, 2017 10:12:09 am

Gone is the Unicef logo, gone are the days of finding the next superstar from La Masia, now it's all about taking the Qatari money and splashing out on what that money can get them.

We all know the Unicef logo thing was a vacuous piece of moral grandstanding. Just like their friendly with Chapecoense. A false public image of being whiter than white is the main aim of the game - not concern for Unicef projects or the Chapecoense victims.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1040: Aug 10, 2017 10:14:33 am

Well I'm still reeling from all the bad words you called me yesterday which made me cry all night, but otherwise I'm just peachy, thanks.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #1041: Aug 10, 2017 10:20:41 am

He's very concerned the owners will be upset if they read the mean things people have posted about them. 
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #1042: Aug 10, 2017 10:31:36 am
      He's very concerned the owners will be upset if they read the mean things people have posted about them.

John Henry has read the forum when the take over happened, Linda did fairly regularly at one point, don't know if she still does.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1043: Aug 10, 2017 10:44:06 am

John Henry has read the forum when the take over happened, Linda did fairly regularly at one point, don't know if she still does.

Where on earth did that claim come out of?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #1044: Aug 10, 2017 10:48:28 am
      Where on earth did that claim come out of?

She used to DM me on twitter mate, ask Shabs.

« Last Edit: Aug 10, 2017 10:56:13 am by RedLFCBlood »
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1045: Aug 10, 2017 11:02:44 am
      She used to DM me on twitter mate, ask Shabs.

Wow! Really? Was this when they took over the club?
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1046: Aug 10, 2017 11:03:49 am
      Well I'm still reeling from all the bad words you called me yesterday which made me cry all night, but otherwise I'm just peachy, thanks.

:D
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #1047: Aug 10, 2017 11:17:45 am
      Wow! Really? Was this when they took over the club?

Yeh mate I Dm'ed them loads of info from forums to SaveLFC, SOS, Paul Tomkins etc etc and to my shock they started replying, more so Linda who even took time out of her day to wish me merry xmas, happy birthday, communication kinda stopped after Kenny was sacked.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #1048: Aug 10, 2017 11:21:13 am
      So when they were bidding for Keita they already knew that PSG would buy Neymar and Barca wanted Coutinho, and people say that they are sh*t in the transfer market! They must employ bloody mystic meg if all that is true. 😁

they wont buy a big asset without selling one. we didn't buy keita and he was never going to be sold so none of that matters. people try to say we have money to burn because the owners tried to buy keita, that's not how it works though is it. we would have him if the owners were serious but they aren't. it's all fluff talk until we spend money, which we won't until we sell a big asset. remember the bullshit line about how we can afford anyone in the world? all bullshit until something actually happens, that's what we need to wake up to.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1049: Aug 10, 2017 11:28:22 am
      they wont buy a big asset without selling one. we didn't buy keita and he was never going to be sold so none of that matters. people try to say we have money to burn because the owners tried to buy keita, that's not how it works though is it. we would have him if the owners were serious but they aren't. it's all fluff talk until we spend money, which we won't until we sell a big asset. remember the bullshit line about how we can afford anyone in the world? all bullshit until something actually happens, that's what we need to wake up to.

Nah, not true. I think it's pretty telling that Keita isn't even linked to a move somewhere else. One of the hottest talents in world football and we think we're the only one's after him? If he moves to another club then you can say they aren't serious but it just looks like RBL won't sell at all, which is no ones fault. Do you think Barca aren't serious because they've had 90 mill rejected? Of course not, we just don't want to sell.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #1050: Aug 10, 2017 11:35:49 am
      but if we were first to enquire about keita which launched the whole charade then of course nobody else will bother, they've all seen what we went through with RBL. i think barca are serious, that's why they'll keep bidding even though we keep saying we wont sell...
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1051: Aug 10, 2017 11:41:30 am
      I think Cou would be a gonner if we bought Keita and VVD or perhaps just one of them.

As it is we landed neither and too much bad press in 1 window aint clever.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #1052: Aug 10, 2017 11:49:23 am
      Will be gone for a hell lot of money ultimately. But not this season.

Ok immediate release for £300m. Barca?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1053: Aug 10, 2017 12:02:01 pm
      but if we were first to enquire about keita which launched the whole charade then of course nobody else will bother, they've all seen what we went through with RBL. i think barca are serious, that's why they'll keep bidding even though we keep saying we wont sell...

Are you on a wind up, are you seriously suggesting there is no such thing as two clubs bidding for the same player??
      Why do you think Barca are serious about Coutinho but we weren't about Keita.

BTW I think I'm going to enjoy you struggle to explain this.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #1054: Aug 10, 2017 12:05:23 pm
      It took 45 minutes to reject their first bid, last nights bid was rejected immediately.

Tells me that they are holding out for more money

That tells you everyone from owners, ceo to manager are all on the same page regarding Coutinho.

Yep!... That they can get more from Barca, and if PSG enters the fray it is a bidding war

Apologize for what?... For expecting Greed owners to do what greed owners do...?  Please!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1055: Aug 10, 2017 12:08:30 pm
      Yeh mate I Dm'ed them loads of info from forums to SaveLFC, SOS, Paul Tomkins etc etc and to my shock they started replying, more so Linda who even took time out of her day to wish me merry xmas, happy birthday, communication kinda stopped after Kenny was sacked.

And you didn't even ask her out for a drink!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,434 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1056: Aug 10, 2017 12:36:29 pm

Rossel in prison, the chance of bartomeu following him, changing of accounts to blacken laporta's name, sponsorship deals with qatar, the utter mess of the neymar signing and sale. Basically buying an entire b team. Appointing people above their ability,  on and on...
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #1057: Aug 10, 2017 12:37:33 pm

I reckon they might best hold off till the window closes fella or at least until they've seen FSG blow off the next bid which will no doubt be up near the £120 million mark. This will only be over once that transfer window shuts. In the meant time it would be frickin nice if we could sign a player or two and get Emre signed while we're at it.

Quick Reply