Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should LFC sell Coutinho to Barcelona in this transfer window?

Yes, sell now, leaves now.
      (20.4%)
      Yes, sell now,go in the summer
      (59.2%)
      No, he stays, what ever.
      (20.4%)

Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)

Read 287654 times
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Re: Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)
      Reply #1633: Aug 12, 2017 06:54:49 am
      It's all getting messy now. Thank fu..ck we get some actual real footy today is all I can say.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,262 posts | 4934 
      Reply #1634: Aug 12, 2017 07:01:50 am
      Seriously lads who is victor fergustrom and how would he know the first F***ing thig about Liverpools in house business. Twitter tw*ts

It's got even more ridiculous on Twitter this summer.

More and more people suddenly act kike they are in the know.

Just learn to ignore it.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,653 posts | 3920 
      Reply #1635: Aug 12, 2017 07:05:50 am
      Report: Barcelona expected to lodge 3rd bid for wantaway Coutinho
      https://www.thescore.com/news/1349172
      (via http://thesco.re/theScore_app )

3rd bid may exceed ÂŁ100 million

If it does, we can buy some other super quality player.

Fenway Sport will not sell though.

We do not have to sell. If Coutinho becomes petulant, bench him or send him off to train with the young lads.

There is simply no point selling him as we will 100% not replace him with someone as good. The money is irrelevant.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #1636: Aug 12, 2017 07:15:39 am
      Coutinho doesn't give 2 fucks about the club if he is forcing out a move in this stage of the transfer window, with an UCL qualifier around the corner.

Really really disappointed in him, i though he was different, but he's just your average no loyalty south american.

Why in your right mind will you sign a new 5-year contract in january, and then hand in a transfer request in august ? It's mind boggling to say the least, hopefully we will see a club that will be ready to have a loss (the transfer fee) and throw a player in the reserves for the rest of his contract. Let's see who wants him after 4 years of playing in the reserves.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #1637: Aug 12, 2017 07:21:15 am
      There is simply no point selling him as we will 100% not replace him with someone as good. The money is irrelevant.

Wouldn't be as bad if you could trust our lot to spend it.

Problem is, we've sat on a supposedly handsome budget all f**king summer and not found anyone in the entire world to spend it on. Then we had Klopp's delirious comments about finding it difficult to buy better players than he has already got and it really isn't conceivable.

It's a no brainer, the kid cannot go.

Handcuff him to the docks if we have to and let Klopp batter him with a Bratwurst!
      « Last Edit: Aug 12, 2017 07:32:48 am by Beerbelly »
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #1638: Aug 12, 2017 07:25:39 am
      Stop getting so annoyed people FSG will sell him before the window closes and pocket a nice big profit.

That's all that matters to them.

The only way we improve is getting owners who want the team to win things and spending rather than intentionally F***ing things up.
      Kopite78
      Reply #1639: Aug 12, 2017 07:40:23 am
      JĂźrgen Klopp on why Liverpool can't afford to sell wantaway Philippe Coutinho this summer

Reds boss believes he cannot put a price on Brazilian because it's too late to replace him

Jürgen Klopp says it’s impossible to put a price on Philippe Coutinho because it’s too late in the window to try to replace him.

The Brazil international submitted a transfer request on Friday in a bid to force through a move to Barcelona but it was instantly rejected,

Liverpool turned down a second bid of ÂŁ90million from the La Liga outfit earlier this week and owners Fenway Sports Group remain adamant that Coutinho will be staying put.

Klopp lost a number of key players to rival clubs during his reign at Borussia Dortmund but he says that sanctioning deals like that for wantaway stars is all about timing.

“I had to sell a lot of players in my managerial career,” Klopp said.

“Some had clauses, some had no clauses. We had the (Robert) Lewandowski thing and that was difficult when he went to Bayern on a free transfer. A lot of different things.

“The only thing I can say about this is that in life everything is about timing – whichever club asks early enough.

“It’s like how we try to do it. If we ask early enough, we try to do it. If you ask early enough, you can either switch the plan of whatever. But you cannot come up, close to the start of the season and things like this.

“It’s like I said: the club is bigger than anybody. That is the most important thing. It’s about doing it in the right moment. It’s how we do it when we want to bring players in.

“Most of the other clubs won’t come to us and say ‘by the way, we have a good player, do you want to buy him?’

“It is about timing. That is how I understand it. And that is all I have to say. Maybe everybody has a price – in the right moment. In the wrong moment? No price.”

The owners issued a statement on Friday morning insisting that “no offers for Philippe will be considered and he will remain a member of Liverpool Football Club when the summer window closes”.

Their position is unchanged in the wake of the transfer request which was sent by Coutinho via email to sporting director Michael Edwards

Coutinho and his agent Kia Joorabchian have been made aware of the owners’ resolve to retain his services throughout the summer. Liverpool are disappointed that Coutinho is agitating for a move despite the player having been told face to face by the owners that any such request wouldn’t be entertained.

The club’s expectation is that Coutinho will act professionally and won’t let either his team-mates or the supporters down.

Coutinho reported to Melwood as usual on Friday morning but didn’t travel with the squad to Watford ahead of Saturday’s game at Vicarage Road due to a back problem.

Speaking before the transfer request went in, Klopp had played down the prospect of Coutinho really pushing for a move.

“I have known him for 20 months and that’s the only thing I can say about this,” he said.

“If he would be fit and not in the squad, then maybe we could talk about it. But he is not fit.

“Everything is not like it should be but it is a normal situation apart from a few things flying around.

“The player is not in team training. I don’t go to the medical department every day and ask things like that.

“Nobody comes to me every day and says ‘Oh my God! Phil!’ We speak about the injury. That is all.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-klopp-coutinho-barcelona-transfer-13466808

On why we can't afford to sell Cuntinho this summer?

Cause we have owners who can't get deals over the line to replace him

Next to f**king useless
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,035 posts | 69 
      Reply #1640: Aug 12, 2017 08:35:56 am
      All this with Coutinho and Klopps relationship breaking down because of the position he's been playing doesn't make sense to me. Isn't he having a go because Klopp isn't playing him in his favoured No.10 role and playing him out on the wing. If Barca are seeing Coutinho as Neymar "money grabber" Jr replacement Coutinho will end up on the wing anyways. IMO I think we've seen the best of Coutinho, he won't be same player now if he's made to stay and that's a shame because he is our best player at the moment. I think this will go 2 ways.
      FSG will back Klopp and will not sell him in this window and Coutinho has then got some major arse licking to do with the club and fans or
      Barcelona will offer a massive offer for Coutinho, FSG will buckle and tell Klopp develop one of the youngsters to replace Coutinho.
      If he stays in this window what's to stop him going in January. Either way Coutinho WILL be on his way to Barcelona and we'll be left to rebuild all over again... they might as well change our name to Lego FC the amount of rebuilding we have to do.
      rossyred

• 9,294 posts | 1665 
      Reply #1641: Aug 12, 2017 08:36:00 am
      Thought hard about this one now and I think if we can get over 100M then he must sell. Yes I understand we do not have much time so whether January offers more chance not sure. If we cannot source 2 possibly 3 players for that improving our squad at same time then thats our scouting issue. He is no where near the loss of Suarez, Gerrard or Torres at peak. Think about his pressing as well he doesnt do it very well and hardly bosses games consistently . Listen Im not saying hes sh*te far from it but if he doesnt want to play and with the money flying about at the moment I think if FSG allow it to be pumped back in we should do it. There are players out there who can replace him . Afterall how much did we pay for him when he was struggling at Inter . Just think its going to turn ugly which could impact other players. Thanks for the memories but as the King once said ..
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,035 posts | 69 
      Reply #1642: Aug 12, 2017 08:41:08 am

I know what your saying but we can't replace Coutinho with 3 or 4 players if he goes we need to replace just Coutinho and what he gives the team and there's not many out there that can offer that.
      rossyred

• 9,294 posts | 1665 
      Reply #1643: Aug 12, 2017 08:50:20 am
      I know what your saying but we can't replace Coutinho with 3 or 4 players if he goes we need to replace just Coutinho and what he gives the team and there's not many out there that can offer that.

know one had heard of him before he CAN be replaced . Yes he is a good player but he is not irreplaceable im sure of that
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,035 posts | 69 
      Reply #1644: Aug 12, 2017 09:04:08 am
      know one had heard of him before he CAN be replaced . Yes he is a good player but he is not irreplaceable im sure of that

I'm sure your right. I agree we need at least another 4 players but that's not replace Coutinho. I'd go for the OX or Lanzini for coutinho. I'd go for Pulisic because we need another winger, VVD and I'm sure that Keita deal is not totally dead yet.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1645: Aug 12, 2017 09:04:38 am
      Ignore it kid... I'm  just agitated. Way off to cool down. 😎

:D I understand mate no worries
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,345 posts | 1532 
      Reply #1646: Aug 12, 2017 09:14:55 am
      I've sat back and read posts for the last few weeks without posting.
      Now the seasons started, here goes.
      I think Coutinho is lost. Won't play for us again. Get as much as we can, upwards of ÂŁ150mill then fire in huge bids for Kieta and VVD. That will stiffen up the spine, then find a playmaker to replace Couts. There must be a star on the rise somewhere in the S American leagues, just gotta dig them out within the next three weeks.
      I will say, thanks Phillipe for the great memories, but think you lack class with what you've engineered here, and a lack of respect for the club, fans and manager. Shame you had to sour the relationship, that will also be remembered.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1647: Aug 12, 2017 09:19:00 am
      If he's been unhappy and had a strained relationship with Klopp for as long as they are making out and not happy with his role in the team then why did he sign the contract extension about 6 months ago?

Personally think his agent is pushing the excuses, he wants the mega pay day he will get if (when) the move goes through.

More importantly, it seems a bit out of character IMO for Coutinho to be the one behind the idea of a transfer request less than 24 hours before our season kicks off.
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,035 posts | 69 
      Reply #1648: Aug 12, 2017 09:37:14 am
      If FSG do sell Coutinho then I agree it has to smash that British transfer record to bits but JW has to then show some intend and put in mouth watering offers for Keita and VVD that would make Leipzig and the Saints Jizz. If we got Keita and VVD I think we would be really close to number 19. Sell Sakho and Markovic and bring in the OX and maybe if Mr Sturridge could stay fit and get back to his best then, WHAT A SIDE.
      bobobobo
      • Forum Ian St John

• 439 posts | 20 
      Reply #1649: Aug 12, 2017 09:41:30 am
      If we were title winners last year do you still think he'd want to go? Why is it Hazard, Aguero and other top players from other sides don't get sniffed around as much as our 'easy pickings'?
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,709 posts | 151 
      Reply #1650: Aug 12, 2017 10:05:48 am
      Sell Coutinho 

Get Marco Reus and invest the rest of the money on a CM and VDD...
      FRANS
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 551 posts | 19 
      Reply #1651: Aug 12, 2017 10:06:04 am
      We must try our  very  best to keep him .There is  no   time to find a good replacement.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1652: Aug 12, 2017 10:06:20 am
      If we were title winners last year do you still think he'd want to go? Why is it Hazard, Aguero and other top players from other sides don't get sniffed around as much as our 'easy pickings'?

I think you answered your own question
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,709 posts | 151 
      Reply #1653: Aug 12, 2017 10:10:45 am
      Sell Coutinho 

Get Marco Reus and invest the rest of the money on a CM and VDD...

Edit: never mind just realised he is out for  6 months for an ACL injury
      ellion87
      • Forum Youth Player

• 21 posts |
      Reply #1654: Aug 12, 2017 10:13:52 am
      Coutinho is NOT FOR SALE this summer at least. It's madness to sell him now with no replacement AT ALL even for 150 million, his motivation is not a problem with World Cup next summer he MUST deliver of bye-bye brazilian national team. So Barca can F**k off right now, see you next summer.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1655: Aug 12, 2017 10:16:04 am
      If this was to turn out to be true we should demand Suarez signs for us as part of the deal.
      Seeing as hopefully this is a piss take we should demand 50 million quid as well. :f_tongueincheek:

Well said Billy.

You can be our new CEO .

Quick Reply