Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should LFC sell Coutinho to Barcelona in this transfer window?

Yes, sell now, leaves now.
      (20.4%)
      Yes, sell now,go in the summer
      (59.2%)
      No, he stays, what ever.
      (20.4%)

Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)

Read 286851 times
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Re: Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)
      Reply #1748: Aug 13, 2017 12:48:43 pm
      I am curious, if you guys were in Klopp's situation, what would you do? Would you really want such a disruptive player? A player who is lying and calling you out to be the problem, would you really want to embed him back into the squad/team?
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,768 posts | 570 
      Reply #1749: Aug 13, 2017 12:50:42 pm
      depressed as F**k over this, we have to score 4 to win games anyway, so without Couts we are fu**ed...
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #1750: Aug 13, 2017 12:57:49 pm
      I am curious, if you guys were in Klopp's situation, what would you do? Would you really want such a disruptive player? A player who is lying and calling you out to be the problem, would you really want to embed him back into the squad/team?

He seemingly banished Sakho for much less disruptive behavior.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1751: Aug 13, 2017 01:00:27 pm
      He seemingly banished Sakho for much less disruptive behavior.

Yeah, and Sakho was our best defender, still is if he played, so I wouldn't expect any less from Klopp.

Also, I agree we are unlikely to find a similar or higher quality player as a replacement for Coutinho if sold, but honestly, is it worth keeping him in the club after his behaviour?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #1752: Aug 13, 2017 01:05:35 pm
      Yeah, and Sakho was our best defender, still is if he played, so I wouldn't expect any less from Klopp.

Also, I agree we are unlikely to find a similar or higher quality player as a replacement for Coutinho if sold, but honestly, is it worth keeping him in the club after his behaviour?

It's very simple, if we had any competency in transfers I'd say pillage Barca for top dollar and send him packing, whilst reinvesting that money in QUALITY players.  But since we don't, we need to keep hold of him and force him to put his head down and play. We have no other choice at this point.
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,675 posts | 145 
      Reply #1753: Aug 13, 2017 01:39:32 pm
      The most likely scenario:

He will go on deadline and we end panic buy a mid table player like Sigurdsson.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,621 posts | 3917 
      Reply #1754: Aug 13, 2017 02:17:50 pm
      What about 120m for Coutinho and use that for Dele Ali... only sanctioned the sale once both deals are done.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #1755: Aug 13, 2017 02:20:20 pm
      It's very simple, if we had any competency in transfers I'd say pillage Barca for top dollar and send him packing, whilst reinvesting that money in QUALITY players.  But since we don't, we need to keep hold of him and force him to put his head down and play. We have no other choice at this point.
      It was weird watch Suarez the season before he departed, Don't know if it was due to the World Cup starting that year or He an Arrangement to depart that season, but (To me); it seemed to me that as soon as he hit the 30 mark his hunger for goals dropped off, almost as if he said "OK, I did my bit now given me what I wanted, the transfer"... Now here's my worry... If we force Coutinho to stay who is to say he will preform all season and not just wing it, put in one or two sterling game and the rest of the time do little or nothing... Now some supporters can say let him rot on the bench, but we can sale him for £100 m + or pay him to sit there only to have him see out his contract and walk for free... Now what I would do... Every one can be replace, Rush with Fowler, Fowler with Owen, Owen with Torres, Torres with Suarez... Coutinho will be replaced
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,415 posts | 3408 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1756: Aug 13, 2017 02:33:28 pm
      It was weird watch Suarez the season before he departed, Don't know if it was due to the World Cup starting that year or He an Arrangement to depart that season, but (To me); it seemed to me that as soon as he hit the 30 mark his hunger for goals dropped off, almost as if he said "OK, I did my bit now given me what I wanted, the transfer"... Now here's my worry... If we force Coutinho to stay who is to say he will preform all season and not just wing it, put in one or two sterling game and the rest of the time do little or nothing... Now some supporters can say let him rot on the bench, but we can sale him for £100 m + or pay him to sit there only to have him see out his contract and walk for free... Now what I would do... Every one can be replace, Rush with Fowler, Fowler with Owen, Owen with Torres, Torres with Suarez... Coutinho will be replaced

Didn't see that with Suarez at all
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1757: Aug 13, 2017 02:48:05 pm

So basically, it's like a Giggs and Terry situation with them cheating on their wives , but the wives have "no other option" but to stick it out because of the luxury lifestyle?

F**k that sh*t, sell him for 150m, play Woodburn/Firmino/Lallana in the 10 role. Will we be better? No, but it beats having that c**t in and around our squad.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #1758: Aug 13, 2017 03:29:49 pm
      Asked about Coutinho’s transfer request, which was emailed to Michael Edwards, Liverpool’s sporting director, Klopp said: “I didn’t get it but I can say something that is maybe more important. As a manager of a football club I have bosses, and if bosses decide, for example, just in general, if we sell a player or we don’t sell him, then I have to accept it. I cannot say anything about it [the transfer request]. I work with the players I have – that is what I’m always doing.”

Translation: theres a chance he is sold by those above me.

Analysis: It was always correct to point out Klopp wasn't "100%" in control of transfers.

This is a direct quote, which FSG apologists love to call for, so what's the spin this time lads?

This summer is an absolute shambles.
      « Last Edit: Aug 13, 2017 03:39:07 pm by KS67 »
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1759: Aug 13, 2017 03:48:47 pm

The thing is mate I don't think he's openly lied. I think he's telling a half-truth, a version of the truth which reflects the worst possibly on Jürgen of course.

Jürgen is too wise to think there is any more motivation than a petulant child trying to get his own way and he'll have dealt with this kind of behaviour many more times than we could possibly imagine. These players are so delicate, so self-obsessed and full of themselves these days that it's sickening the fans in my honest opinion.

I would have cared about a young lad's career but when a fella is sat earning £150k a week I'm not going to throw him any sympathy that his 'dream' move may be hindered due to him choosing and in good faith signing a contract. So I understand it from Coutinho's point of view and don't hold any ill-will towards him for wanting it but as you said so rightly the other day the timing of this was to maximise how much he could F**k us over and that will have hurt Jürgen much more than the bullshit he or his appointed representative leaked to the press.

So Jürgen may well want shut of a bad apple and FSG may well realise that if they do cave in the fans will revolt. It's an interesting position to see develop from our point of view because it should reveal plenty.

In conclusion, I think it's a very difficult question to answer and honestly would have to hinge on who I could get in. I couldn't cut off my nose to spite my face and simply throw Coutinho out the door, I'd have to protect all the other players in the squad and the interests of the football club above my own frustration with the player. I don't think it's like Sakho where it's a continual disciplinary problem and once the window shut I think Coutinho would accept his fate, so I can see separation and distinction there. However, Jürgen being the hot headed German that he is, I can thoroughly understand a "get that c**t out of my club right now" stance and I wouldn't put it past him adopting it.
      Kopite78
      Reply #1760: Aug 13, 2017 03:57:48 pm
      He'll be sold now IMHO. FSG won't want to take a chance on his "back problem" becoming a full blown issue or his form "dipping", and/or Barca switching their attention/money elsewhere.

He'll go for around 113 mill, we'll sign Van Dijk, Kieta and Insigne. You heard it here first.

He'll go. Around 100m imo

But no chance mate we get those in. Absolutely Zero chance fsg have that in them
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1761: Aug 13, 2017 04:49:48 pm

Smells like Teen spirit but probably not our Nirvana?

YNWA
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,487 posts | 231 
      Reply #1762: Aug 13, 2017 05:15:05 pm

Smells like Teen spirit but probably not our Nirvana?

YNWA

And probably tastes of Lithium
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #1763: Aug 13, 2017 05:40:28 pm
      Id sell the c**t

150m no less but he's a pr**k and I'd sell him

He'll be sold now IMHO. FSG won't want to take a chance on his "back problem" becoming a full blown issue or his form "dipping", and/or Barca switching their attention/money elsewhere.

He'll go for around 113 mill, we'll sign Van Dijk, Kieta and Insigne. You heard it here first.

As long as them three come in THIS WINDOW, I have to agree.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1764: Aug 13, 2017 05:55:50 pm

If that happened I'd be more than happy, seriously, what an upgrade that would be to the team.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1765: Aug 13, 2017 05:56:43 pm
      He'll go. Around 100m imo

But no chance mate we get those in. Absolutely Zero chance fsg have that in them

So what do you think they'll do with all that cash then?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1766: Aug 13, 2017 06:02:08 pm

Give themselves a nice pay rise and then use that money to buy some land!
      Kopite78
      Reply #1767: Aug 13, 2017 06:02:21 pm

Same as they always do.
      DanMann

• 5,748 posts | 882 
      Reply #1768: Aug 13, 2017 06:06:44 pm
      If that happened I'd be more than happy, seriously, what an upgrade that would be to the team.

Exactly.  ;D Offer me that and no questions - take Coutinho immediately. I'd rush him out before they change their mind!
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1769: Aug 13, 2017 06:26:50 pm
      Allegedly be a club statement at 11 tomorrow morning

Allegedly didn't happen or what?
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1770: Aug 13, 2017 06:29:51 pm
      Allegedly didn't happen or what?

Just another case of an ITK not being ITK, who knew?

Quick Reply