Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should LFC sell Coutinho to Barcelona in this transfer window?

Yes, sell now, leaves now.
      (20.4%)
      Yes, sell now,go in the summer
      (59.2%)
      No, he stays, what ever.
      (20.4%)

Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)

Read 283869 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Re: Philippe Coutinho - Barcelona
      Reply #23: Jul 21, 2017 10:04:37 am
      'Liverpool to reject Barca's £72m bid for Coutinho with the Reds telling them they are wasting their time.
      Story carried by the Mail and the Echo.

Echo link below.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-reject-barcelona-coutinho-bid-13363753

There does seem some new found optimism with this year's pre-season media bollox.
       No doubt the signing of Salah has contributed to the expectation levels, however it must be said that the bid for Coutinho while totally expected, would previously have been met with a resigned acceptance as experience kicked in.

The rediscovered optimism can only be attributed to the faith that not only the supporters have in the manager but the apparent confidence FSG have in the man's judgement.

Hopefully the above is not wishful thinking.
      « Last Edit: Jul 21, 2017 11:46:20 am by stuey »
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #24: Jul 21, 2017 10:08:13 am
      Jürgen Klopp

"The very important message is that we are not a selling club"

Must admit I wondered just who the boss was speaking to.....fans, press or owners.

No wriggle room in that. Not on face value at any rate.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #25: Jul 21, 2017 10:15:53 am
      I would normally say gone for about £85m by the end of transfer window but this time we have Klopp as the manager so perhaps not. I still think he will be gone and we will buy Keita with that money. Lure of Barcelona is too high for any player let alone their families. They would speak the same language, etc.

FSG as sh*te. #FSGOUT

No they wouldn't.

And you do realise hashtags don't work on here right... You need to be on a social media site for them to have any effect...
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #26: Jul 21, 2017 10:17:31 am
      'Liverpool to reject Barca's £72m bid for Coutinho with the Reds telling them they are wasting their time.
      Story carried by the Mail and the Echo.

Echo link below.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-reject-barcelona-coutinho-bid-13363753

There does seem some new found optimism with this year's pre-season media bollox.
       No doubt the signing of Salah has contributed to the some expectation levels, however it must be said that the bid for Coutinho while totally expected, would previously have been met with a resigned acceptance as experience kicked in.

The rediscovered optimism can only be attributed to the faith that not only the supporters have in the manager but the apparent confidence FSG have in the man's judgement.

Hopefully the above is not wishful thinking.

I'm sure this is just another 'publicity stunt'
      Xavier79
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 169 posts | 17 
      Reply #27: Jul 21, 2017 10:37:26 am
      They would speak the same language, etc.

I didn't know that people speak portuguese in Barcelona.

Weird... ^^
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #28: Jul 21, 2017 11:04:26 am
      I didn't know that people speak portuguese in Barcelona.

Weird... ^^

In fairness Spanish and Portuguese are very very similar languages
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #29: Jul 21, 2017 11:17:01 am
      I would normally say gone for about £85m by the end of transfer window but this time we have Klopp as the manager so perhaps not. I still think he will be gone and we will buy Keita with that money. Lure of Barcelona is too high for any player let alone their families. They would speak the same language, etc.

FSG as sh*te. #FSGOUT

Are you suggesting you want Coutinho sold? Barca bid for a player they've been told is not for sale at any price, that bid is immediately rejected out of hand and the club reitterate that the player is not for sale, and because the bid is rejected, you want FSG out? You couldn't make this sh*t up.  :lmao:
      Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 59 
      Reply #30: Jul 21, 2017 11:21:47 am
      This is a bit like us and keita...

They say he's not for sale and reject outright yet we keep on pestering will barca not just do the same if we think it will work for us then why won't it work on us.. 
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #31: Jul 21, 2017 11:38:11 am
      This is a bit like us and keita...

They say he's not for sale and reject outright yet we keep on pestering will barca not just do the same if we think it will work for us then why won't it work on us.. 

I think there is more to Keita leaving them than Phil leaving us. He was saying he wants a statue of himself made outside anfield, Keita has been rumoured to want out.
      fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Reply #32: Jul 21, 2017 11:47:05 am
      https://twitter.com/JamesPearceEcho/status/888347347238895616

Why would he go to Barca when he's having so much fun here  :D
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #33: Jul 21, 2017 11:52:23 am
      I think there is more to Keita leaving them than Phil leaving us. He was saying he wants a statue of himself made outside anfield,

He never said that. I believe it was Klopp telling the press in one of the match day press conferences that he could become a legend and get a statue made here if he were to stay long term with us when asked about Coutinho's future.

I think also, when Coutinho was asked about his future month or 2 later in Brazil, he just reiterated what Klopp said rather than him wanting to be a legend and having a statue made of himself outside Anfield.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #34: Jul 21, 2017 12:00:04 pm
      I'm sure this is just another 'publicity stunt'

There is optimism in the air mate for one reason or the other.
      As previously posted we have a manager who apparently the ownes feel they can trust with the spondoolies and who can be the architect of their 'success in the longer term' promises.

At this stages it is all hypothetical of course but we all hope to F**k we can view our owners in a new, more positive light after 7+ years of relative mediocrity.
      Coutinho rejecting the overtures of Barca would consolidate the optimism signalling that he too sees Klopp as our saviour.
      « Last Edit: Jul 21, 2017 01:58:44 pm by stuey »
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #35: Jul 21, 2017 12:09:42 pm
      He never said that. I believe it was Klopp telling the press in one of the match day press conferences that he could become a legend and get a statue made here if he were to stay long term with us when asked about Coutinho's future.

I think also, when Coutinho was asked about his future month or 2 later in Brazil, he just reiterated what Klopp said rather than him wanting to be a legend and having a statue made of himself outside Anfield.

Fair enough, but still, there are more questions over Keita's wanting to be at his club than Phil's in my opinion.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #36: Jul 21, 2017 12:20:06 pm
      Irreplaceable player in his prime be crazy to sell for any money especially with our difficulty attracting players and getting deals done.

Agreed but you, like me are thinking like a fan where football comes first. Take a step back and think like a carpetbagger... £80m, £90, £100m growth in investment  for doing F**k all? Ka F***ing ching.  😛
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #37: Jul 21, 2017 12:58:57 pm
      I think this one is in our hands. Failure to qualify for the Champions League could put a very different complexion on this particular story. We're very good at talking of going places and building things but we have to start putting our money is in terms of our ambitions and start winning things and that starts with qualification.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #38: Jul 21, 2017 01:12:41 pm
      Suarez; forced a move
      Torres; forced a move (having cited broken promises by H&G)
      Sterling; forced a move

But yeah, we're a "selling club"  :roll:
      Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 413 posts | 53 
      Reply #39: Jul 21, 2017 01:18:25 pm
      If Phil wants gone and I don't believe he does, 120 million pounds is the starting price ( which we should reject) or f**k off!!!

THIS  ;)
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #40: Jul 21, 2017 02:54:42 pm
      Only way we will stop losing our best players is to start winning trophies and show the intent to keep winning them.

Personally think this will happen next summer but wouldn't be surprised if we say 'not for sale' but he's gone at the end of the window for 90mill plus.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #41: Jul 21, 2017 02:59:51 pm
      £72m ? Are they taking the F***ing piss?

Ok is that for each leg? F**k OFF BARCA, HE'S NOT FOR SALE !!

Can you believe the absolute cheek, that's like us offering £20m for wanting Suarez back, feelings would be mutual don't you think?

Realistically I suppose it is possible that Fsg could cash in, however, I doubt even they would be so stupid to risk the relationship between them, Jürgen and of course the fans,

I think they are aware how vital Phil is to Jurgens long-term plan's so they will prefer to avoid the shitstorm that would be inevitable if they voted 'Aye ' to sell.

I'm fairly confident that the 'Not for Sale' sign  remains at least for this season.

YNWA
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #42: Jul 21, 2017 03:21:14 pm
      I'm fairly confident that the 'Not for Sale' sign  remains at least for this season.
      You are probably spot on with that Billy but if and when he is sold, what do you reckon; will it be for football or financial reasons? 🤔
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #43: Jul 21, 2017 04:50:40 pm
      £72m ? Are they taking the F***ing piss?

Can you believe the absolute cheek, that's like us offering £20m for wanting Suarez back, feelings would be mutual don't you think?

Realistically I suppose it is possible that Fsg could cash in, however, I doubt even they would be so stupid to risk the relationship between them, Jürgen and of course the fans,

I think they are aware how vital Phil is to Jurgens long-term plan's so they will prefer to avoid the shitstorm that would be inevitable if they voted 'Aye ' to sell.

YNWA

I think as long as Jürgen remains so will Coutinho.

If the lad is tempted fairy muff - straight swap  Coutinho for Suarez! 
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #44: Jul 21, 2017 04:52:41 pm
      £72m ? Are they taking the f**king piss?

YNWA

Just wait until these corrupt swindling cu*ts at Barca start playing the emotive card, rolling out Neymar in press conferences proclaiming how dare Liverpool 'try and crush the dreams of Coutinho' or something to that effect.

Despicable football club.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #45: Jul 21, 2017 05:04:09 pm
      Just wait until these corrupt swindling cu*ts at Barca start playing the emotive card, rolling out Neymar in press conferences proclaiming how dare Liverpool 'try and crush the dreams of Coutinho' or something to that effect.

Despicable football club.

Would that be the same Neymar PSG are trying to buy for stupid F***ing money.

I honestly think this was a reaction to that imo, Barca looking at Phil in case Neymar accepted the PSG offer.

Quick Reply