Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should LFC sell Coutinho to Barcelona in this transfer window?

Yes, sell now, leaves now.
      (20.4%)
      Yes, sell now,go in the summer
      (59.2%)
      No, he stays, what ever.
      (20.4%)

Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)

Read 286529 times
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Re: Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)
      Reply #2392: Aug 21, 2017 03:10:14 am
      Ah this old chestnut Heimy. Go on then just for you we'll do the same old debate.

When you have seen this kind of sh*t for years, it gets tiresome doesn't it?
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #2393: Aug 21, 2017 03:25:56 am
      There are a few ways we can interpret the denials and counter stories mate, but my feeling is that he has played his last game for us. I've "said it all along" too ;D.

The "back injury" came at a convenient time didn't it? We all know the massive money involved, and lets be honest here, we have to accept it. We want that money to be reinvested in the squad, it wont. At the end of the day, Klopp has said he is happy with the squad he has, we have a player who doesn't want to be here. And we have fans like us who have seen this same sh*t happen time and again, and it will happen again.

Like I said before, it is pointless supporting LFC now, whenever something good happens, it will be taken away as quick as it happens. This season is a no go. We saw the problems last season, the season before that, and before that, and our transfer window is, lets be honest here, fecking tragic. So lets say we make the group stage of the Champions League. What one player we have that we believe in has the right attitude that shows we could do ok?

That used to be Coutinho. The irony here is unbelievable.

Lets be honest here. Last owners and our current ones, have left us as a cash machine for Americans who want to make money not spend it. There is nothing here to look forward to.

We will lose Coutinho, thats a given, and we will face the same BS as the last owners, they have LFC's interests at heart.

Meanwhile, we continue to be the joke that continues to give our rivals the laughs.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #2394: Aug 21, 2017 05:21:58 am

Barcelona issue bizarre ultimatum over Philippe Coutinho bid
      Jack Lusby

19 August 2017
      After Liverpool turned down Barcelona’s third big-money bid for wantaway Philippe Coutinho, the Spanish club are reported to have issued a bizarre ultimatum.

The Liga giants made their latest offer for the Brazilian on Friday afternoon, approaching the Reds with a package worth up to a potential £114 million – but only £82.2 million of that was the initial fee, and that was to spread over five years.

So Liverpool would have received only just over £16 million this summer, despite Barca receiving the payment for Neymar in full from PSG.

(Ed : F**k that .)

Fenway Sports Group have no intention of selling Coutinho this summer, despite the midfielder handing in a transfer request last week.

Their stance, and the fact Coutinho signed a new five-year contract in January, has put Barcelona in a weak position in terms of negotiations.

But according to the Times‘ Paul Joyce, the Spanish outfit issued a bizarre ultimatum to their Premier League counterparts upon learning their most recent offer had been turned down.

The Catalan club is said to have informed Liverpool that they have until Sunday evening to change their mind or it will be withdrawn, Joyce reports.

“In other words, a bid Liverpool have twice told Barcelona not to make is instantly rebuffed and their rivals’ next move is to threaten to take it off the table.”

This serves to highlight just how out of touch Barcelona have been in this summer’s transfer market, with the Liga side crumbling following Neymar’s £198 million move to PSG.

They have so far been unsuccessful in their attempts to sign both Coutinho and Borussia Dortmund’s Ousmane Dembele, while their business elsewhere has been largely uninspiring.

Tottenham and Everton rejects Paulinho and Gerard Deulofeu have both arrived, along with defensive duo Nelson Semedo and Marlon.

For Barcelona to expect Liverpool to baulk at their ultimatum is farcical, and suggests they are not even aware of the position they find themselves in heading into 2017/18.

Liverpool are not set to part ways with their No. 10, and his suitors now look likely to withdraw their interest and turn their focus elsewhere.

Meanwhile, This Is Anfield’s Henry Jackson has issued an ultimatum to Margot Robbie that she has until Sunday evening to accept his proposal.

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2017/08/barcelona-issue-bizarre-ultimatum-philippe-coutinho-bid/

Typical Catalans.

Want the money all up front for Neymar which they got by way of a hand delivered big fat cheque ... and yet only prepared to pay us in stages ..... what .... off the back of shirt sales and sponsorship for Phil ?

I lived in Catalonia from 2001 to 2007.
      Made an offer on a house in Sitges just south of the capital .
      Refused.
      Increased my offer.
      Refused.
      The old girl wasn't going to budge on the price which was a bizarre figure. Not even a round number.

Suddenly it clicked and I multiplied the price in Euros with the factor of 166 .

It came out exactly to X million Pesetas.

She was holding out for the price in her Catalan head.

No worries though .
      They hate the Spanish more than us Brits and if you look on the bumpers of cars around Barca you will see a Burro (Donkey)  mounted on the back of a Torro  (Bull)   the two animals representing Catalonia and Spain respectively.
      F***ing over the Spanish is a national obsession in business .... everything.
      They don't forgive what Franco did to them and have only been an autonomous state since 1975.

Its a game to them to financially put one over on you .

So they can shove their insulting miserly Catalan offer up their arse.
      « Last Edit: Aug 21, 2017 05:32:20 am by MIRO »
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,919 posts | 4984 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #2395: Aug 21, 2017 07:07:02 am

Jack Lusby

19 August 2017
      After Liverpool turned down Barcelona’s third big-money bid for wantaway Philippe Coutinho, the Spanish club are reported to have issued a bizarre ultimatum.

The Liga giants made their latest offer for the Brazilian on Friday afternoon, approaching the Reds with a package worth up to a potential £114 million – but only £82.2 million of that was the initial fee, and that was to spread over five years.

So Liverpool would have received only just over £16 million this summer, despite Barca receiving the payment for Neymar in full from PSG.

Fenway Sports Group have no intention of selling Coutinho this summer, despite the midfielder handing in a transfer request last week.

Their stance, and the fact Coutinho signed a new five-year contract in January, has put Barcelona in a weak position in terms of negotiations.

But according to the Times‘ Paul Joyce, the Spanish outfit issued a bizarre ultimatum to their Premier League counterparts upon learning their most recent offer had been turned down.

The Catalan club is said to have informed Liverpool that they have until Sunday evening to change their mind or it will be withdrawn, Joyce reports.

“In other words, a bid Liverpool have twice told Barcelona not to make is instantly rebuffed and their rivals’ next move is to threaten to take it off the table.”

This serves to highlight just how out of touch Barcelona have been in this summer’s transfer market, with the Liga side crumbling following Neymar’s £198 million move to PSG.

They have so far been unsuccessful in their attempts to sign both Coutinho and Borussia Dortmund’s Ousmane Dembele, while their business elsewhere has been largely uninspiring.

Tottenham and Everton rejects Paulinho and Gerard Deulofeu have both arrived, along with defensive duo Nelson Semedo and Marlon.

For Barcelona to expect Liverpool to baulk at their ultimatum is farcical, and suggests they are not even aware of the position they find themselves in heading into 2017/18.

Liverpool are not set to part ways with their No. 10, and his suitors now look likely to withdraw their interest and turn their focus elsewhere.

Meanwhile, This Is Anfield’s Henry Jackson has issued an ultimatum to Margot Robbie that she has until Sunday evening to accept his proposal.

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2017/08/barcelona-issue-bizarre-ultimatum-philippe-coutinho-bid/

Typical Catalans.

Want the money all up front for Neymar which they got by way of a hand delivered big fat cheque ... and yet only prepared to pay us in stages ..... what .... off the back of shirt sales and sponsorship for Phil ?

Refused.
      Increased my offer.
      Refused.
      The old girl wasn't going to budge on the price which was a bizarre figure. Not even a round number.

Suddenly it clicked and I multiplied the price in Euros with the factor of 166 .

No worries though .
      They hate the Spanish more than us Brits and if you look on the bumpers of cars around Barca you will see a Burro (Donkey)  mounted on the back of a Torro  (Bull)   the two animals representing Catalonia and Spain respectively.
      They don't forgive what Franco did to them and have only been an autonomous state since 1975.

Yeah right up Skip, cheeky KUNTS, as usual trying to get our best players cheap, like you I'd be telling to F**k RIGHT OFF,

Meanwhile Coutinho's price just went up another  £30m ......because we can......if they want him the bad enough  they'll  either pay up or they'll F**k off...... £150m Not a peseta less....

Someone though needs tell Phill Barca are a sinking ship!!

YNWA
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #2396: Aug 21, 2017 08:52:39 am
      I personally think it's one or the other with these two, hence the ultimatum.

I don't think that was the idea, hence the way they structured their bid, don't know how they structured their bid for Dembele but wouldn't be surprised if it was similar, didn't bvb say they were close just the add ons to agree?

The 2 players on the never never was always their goal imo.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #2397: Aug 21, 2017 09:08:28 am
      I don't think that was the idea, hence the way they structured their bid, don't know how they structured their bid for Dembele but wouldn't be surprised if it was similar, didn't bvb say they were close just the add ons to agree?

Question Blood: Do you have faith that we'll sign at least two quality players before the window closes?
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,480 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #2398: Aug 21, 2017 09:27:21 am
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #2399: Aug 21, 2017 10:00:43 am
      Question Blood: Do you have faith that we'll sign at least two quality players before the window closes?

Yes mate, maybe even 3 with Howedes and Draxler seemingly available, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they end up leaning against a wall at Melwood, then maybe one of VVD/Keita, angling more towards Keita if recent loan rumours about Kent/Leipzig are true.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,721 posts | 6707 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2400: Aug 21, 2017 10:05:07 am
      Barcelona The cu*ts waiting for Coutinho and Dembele to sign.  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2402: Aug 21, 2017 12:24:19 pm
      If he says his back is sore, there is no way to tell if it's a strain or not. No tests will show that.
      in that case, it's certainly a fake injury. We could be top of the table and Hoffemheim dealt with already. Dropped 2 points and work to do in playoff... won't forgive Coutinho. If tgere were a hastag, #worsethansakho.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,490 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #2403: Aug 21, 2017 12:29:20 pm
      Not selling our best player (so far - this time) sends out the message that we won't roll over for other clubs 

Salavaria
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 381 posts | 41 
      Reply #2404: Aug 21, 2017 12:30:19 pm
      in that case, it's certainly a fake injury. We could be top of the table and Hoffemheim dealt with already. Dropped 2 points and work to do in playoff... won't forgive Coutinho. If tgere were a hastag, #worsethansakho.

I've got a sore knee, a sore foot and earache, yet I played a blinder last night.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,393 posts | 3397 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #2405: Aug 21, 2017 12:32:53 pm
      I've got a sore knee, a sore foot and earache, yet I played a blinder last night.

I had a sore arse after a curry during the week and i was outstanding,  no one literally went near me
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #2406: Aug 21, 2017 12:48:21 pm
      BBC quoting Joey Barton's interview on Talkshite this am.

I'll not add link given original source but suffice to say Joey reckons.....

"Liverpool should let him go"

"Brazilian boys grow up dreaming of Barcelona"

"This isn't the Liverpool of the 1980s"

Too much time on his hands Joey since the bookies stopped taking his calls.......
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,310 posts | 1520 
      Reply #2407: Aug 21, 2017 12:51:52 pm
      Well the dead lines past, Barca have fu**ed off. Coutinho needs to get his Arse in gear now, or he'll find himself out of contention for the WC qualifiers. Won't get in that squad playing for Liverpool Ressies.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #2408: Aug 21, 2017 12:57:46 pm

Too much time on his hands Joey since the bookies stopped taking his calls.......

Katie Hopkins of Punditry, tries to be controversial ends up looking like a dick.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #2409: Aug 21, 2017 01:09:08 pm
      Katie Hopkins of Punditry, tries to be controversial ends up looking like a dick.

It's not even controversial so much for me mate as the deep seated insecurities that mean he's constantly desperate to show he's cleverer than he actually is......

And in doing so ends up looking like a dick.....
      Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 414 posts | 53 
      Reply #2410: Aug 21, 2017 01:32:42 pm
      Probably he'll be ok by mid week, otherwise he'll miss the following two games with Brazil.

This, which if does happen will put a huge blot on Phil, he is after all still a professional.  No doubt he is happy to take the wages he gets paid but refuses to go out and earn them.

I hope i am proven wrong.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,608 posts | 6930 
      Reply #2411: Aug 21, 2017 03:00:33 pm
      Brazil are already qualified for the World Cup so their qualifier is technically not much more than a glorified friendly for them.

Having said that I'd imagine he will be 'better' by then.

So won't be involved for Arsenal due to 'not having had enough training sessions' but will be fit enough to head to Brazil shortly after the Arsenal game is what I expect will happen this week.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,146 posts | 8540 
      Reply #2412: Aug 21, 2017 03:00:35 pm

Jack Lusby

19 August 2017

Typical Catalans.

Refused.
      Increased my offer.
      Refused.

No worries though .

This made me laugh.

https://twitter.com/TheAnfieldWrap/status/899317678082588676
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,599 posts | 3840 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #2413: Aug 21, 2017 03:36:32 pm

Looking for both on the cheap by instigating player shithousery, because it worked perfectly with Suarez.

Only problem for them is the market is too hot and teams know this. LFC know only too well what happens when you sell the prime asset and replace it with dross.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2414: Aug 21, 2017 05:31:08 pm

To be fair, he's bang on.

Quick Reply