Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should LFC sell Coutinho to Barcelona in this transfer window?

Yes, sell now, leaves now.
      (20.4%)
      Yes, sell now,go in the summer
      (59.2%)
      No, he stays, what ever.
      (20.4%)

Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)

Read 286974 times
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Re: Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)
      Reply #2438: Aug 21, 2017 08:23:07 pm

Guess we'll get to see Jürgen's reaction to it after all. Will be very telling, have seen reports that Jürgen threatened to quit if he was sold. I'm honestly torn as to which way he wanted it to go, what he does with Phil should give us the clearest indication I suppose.
      Kopite78
      Reply #2439: Aug 21, 2017 08:23:14 pm
      Be honest can't blame him when see owners not spending money bring in top players he what win things

Separate thing really. He was happy to sign a new deal on 200k a week a couple of months back.

Even if he goes to Barca, the same Barca who have just sold one of their main prized assets? That don't have much to spend and have offered 18m a season for him for th next 5 years?

Hardly throwing cash around are they? Or showing ambition by losing their better players?
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #2440: Aug 21, 2017 08:27:00 pm
      Tell ya what I'm struggling with is that he was willing to jeopardise our CL qualification and the start of our season. His performances may win back my affection but I'll never look at him how I did before this.

Jürgen told him that a statue could be built in his name if he stayed, clearly not under these circumstances, it's a long road back for Phil in the eyes of a lot of supporters in my opinion.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #2441: Aug 21, 2017 08:57:41 pm
      Tell ya what I'm struggling with is that he was willing to jeopardise our CL qualification and the start of our season. His performances may win back my affection but I'll never look at him how I did before this.

Jürgen told him that a statue could be built in his name if he stayed, clearly not under these circumstances, it's a long road back for Phil in the eyes of a lot of supporters in my opinion.

Spot on Luke.

He has definitely crossed a line even 'Nando didn't cross and some will NEVER forgive him.

Whether manipulated or not allowing it to be put about that he'd never play for the club who've made him what he is was a high risk "twist". He was sitting on 18 and praying for a 3 and he got a faceless 10......

Right now he looks bust to sh*t........😡
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2442: Aug 21, 2017 09:03:32 pm
      Klopp won the war, under no illusions had there been another manager in charge Phil would have been sold & owners cashed in with Lee cattermole as a replacement..

Klopp would have walked make no mistake.

Sorry but what the f**k are you basing that on?  if anything Klopp made more noises about accepting a sale
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #2443: Aug 21, 2017 09:03:37 pm
      Spot on Luke.

He has definitely crossed a line even 'Nando didn't cross and some will NEVER forgive him.

Whether manipulated or not allowing it to be put about that he'd never play for the club who've made him what he is was a high risk "twist". He was sitting on 18 and praying for a 3 and he got a faceless 10......

Right now he looks bust to sh*t........😡

I agree completely.

Interesting article just released in The Echo about it:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/barcelona-admit-defeat-Jürgen-klopp-13509527

Was surprised to see just how much his goals to games ratio had changed under Jürgen, considerable margin that.
      lilREDrocket
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 210 posts | 11 
      Reply #2444: Aug 21, 2017 09:03:47 pm

^ this

I know Klopp said till the end of the month to start re-intergratimg him, but any chance he at least suits up Wednesday?
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,297 posts | 764 
      Reply #2445: Aug 21, 2017 09:04:06 pm
      He certainly has the money if he stays with Liverpool. Perhaps he just wants a taste of real success by joining Barcelona. After all the trophy cabinet has been a bit bare lately, I'm afraid.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2446: Aug 21, 2017 09:04:25 pm
      ;D

So everyone around hims a c**t but he's just an innocent young boy?

F**k off he's a c**t.

He'll never have my respect again, and I'll be happy next summer when he leaves on our terms

Oh no he'll be devastated! ;-)
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,515 posts | 1507 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #2447: Aug 21, 2017 09:15:31 pm
      What's the bets Klopp does another Sakho here with Couts  :lmao:

In other news, man do Barca look stupid now.

As for Couts being a young man whose head was turned by Barca. You what? When I was a 25-year-old man, I knew what was right and wrong.

(a) He listens to Barca when Barca tell him to put the squeeze on Klopp and the fans by telling them he ain't going to play for us again 'so you just sell me right now thank you very much.'

(b) Deal falls through and he instantly drops Barca in it - telling whoever will listen "They made me do it."

Nah. Not buying it.

Be a man and stop blaming everyone else. I remember stuff like 'My relationship with the manager has deteriorated the last 6 months', and 'I am unhappy with how I've been played in the team.' You'd have dropped us like a bad habit had the deal gone through, and now it hasn't gone through you're slagging off Barca.

An assist or two this Wednesday and a goal against Arsenal would be all the talking I'd like to see from Phil.
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,715 posts | 162 
      Reply #2448: Aug 21, 2017 09:17:53 pm
      We all forgave Suarez when he wanted to leave us but stayed on for another year. I know Phil isn't the player Suarez was back then but I think we can all move on from this, get him back on the pitch because we need him big time.
      Kopite78
      Reply #2449: Aug 21, 2017 09:18:25 pm

I don't honestly care what he thinks but I have more respect for this football club than to be just thanking him that's he's still here after he's disrespected my football club as he has

F**k him

Not all of us.

There's a reason for me he's no Liverpool legend or in my top 50 players
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #2450: Aug 21, 2017 09:18:43 pm
      What's the bets Klopp does another Sakho here with Couts  :lmao:

In other news, man do Barca look stupid now.

As for Couts being a young man whose head was turned by Barca. You what? When I was a 25-year-old man, I knew what was right and wrong.

(a) He listens to Barca when Barca tell him to put the squeeze on Klopp and the fans by telling them he ain't going to play for us again 'so you just sell me right now thank you very much.'

(b) Deal falls through and he instantly drops Barca in it - telling whoever will listen "They made me do it."

Nah. Not buying it.

Be a man and stop blaming everyone else. I remember stuff like 'My relationship with the manager has deteriorated the last 6 months', and 'I am unhappy with how I've been played in the team.' You'd have dropped us like a bad habit had the deal gone through, and now it hasn't gone through you're slagging off Barca.

An assist or two this Wednesday and a goal against Arsenal would be all the talking I'd like to see from Phil.

Probably won't see him for a few matches after he get's back from Brazil...doubt Jürgen is going to move him in so quickly.

When he does come back though it will be just like a new signing   :couch:
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,515 posts | 1507 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #2451: Aug 21, 2017 09:20:50 pm
      I wouldn't be so dismissive if I were you.

If I was Phil I'd be concerned about what the Liverpool supporters thought of me right now.

EDIT: For the record, I think 99% of players are mercenaries, so whilst I'm irritated at Phil, it'll pass
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #2452: Aug 21, 2017 09:22:27 pm
      Guess we'll get to see Jürgen's reaction to it after all. Will be very telling, have seen reports that Jürgen threatened to quit if he was sold. I'm honestly torn as to which way he wanted it to go, what he does with Phil should give us the clearest indication I suppose.

And you couldn't even blame Klopp if he did leave. Everything, from the system to all the incoming transfers have all been done to get the best out Coutinho. Offensively he's surrounded by some great talent in Mane, Salah, Firmino and Lallana.

Hard to imagine how Klopp feels after all this, he must feel so betrayed by his star player. He was talking him up pretty much all of last season, Coutinho then goes on to sign a new 5 year deal stating he's happy here and thankful for all the club has done for him. Nothing indicated that he would do all this sh*t at the worst possible time.

It would all be a lot easier if we'd just think of every player as a little c**t that would do everything to get his desired move and that has no love whatsoever for the club he plays for. Just base our opinions on what they do on the pitch. It's one of the reasons I've never bought a jersey with a player's name on it.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,449 posts | 4584 
      Reply #2453: Aug 21, 2017 09:24:25 pm
      Sorry but what the f**k are you basing that on?  if anything Klopp made more noises about accepting a sale

Accepting a sale if cover was provided much earlier..

Phil will be gone in the summer if not the Jan window depending where we are in competitions..
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #2454: Aug 21, 2017 09:24:58 pm
      And you couldn't even blame Klopp if he did leave. Everything, from the system to all the incoming transfers have all been done to get the best out Coutinho. Offensively he's surrounded by some great talent in Mane, Salah, Firmino and Lallana.

Hard to imagine how Klopp feels after all this, he must feel so betrayed by his star player. He was talking him up pretty much all of last season, Coutinho then goes on to sign a new 5 year deal stating he's happy here and thankful for all the club has done for him. Nothing indicated that he would do all this sh*t at the worst possible time.

It would all be a lot easier if we'd just think of every player as a little c**t that would do everything to get his desired move and that has no love whatsoever for the club he plays for. Just base our opinions on what they do on the pitch. It's one of the reasons I've never bought a jersey with a player's name on it.

Spot on.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2455: Aug 21, 2017 09:25:13 pm
      Probably won't see him for a few matches after he get's back from Brazil...doubt Jürgen is going to move him in so quickly.

When he does come back though it will be just like a new signing   :couch:

I'm not sure he has a choice, but that depends on whether we can get Draxler or even Keita signed.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #2456: Aug 21, 2017 09:25:23 pm
      I don't honestly care what he thinks but I have more respect for this football club than to be just thanking him that's he's still here after he's disrespected my football club as he has

F**k him

Not all of us.

There's a reason for me he's no Liverpool legend or in my top 50 players

Suarez hitched his skirt at the Arse and then some no doubt............but by comparison Phil's been sending Barca daily pics of his undercrackers whilst telling us we've put on weight and he's not in love any more.

I think people are underestimating how far Phil has gone here.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2457: Aug 21, 2017 09:26:19 pm
      I wouldn't be so dismissive if I were you.

If I was Phil I'd be concerned about what the Liverpool supporters thought of me right now.

EDIT: For the record, I think 99% of players are mercenaries, so whilst I'm irritated at Phil, it'll pass

Sorry, I was just trying to make a bit of a joke, hence the smiley.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2458: Aug 21, 2017 09:27:50 pm
      Accepting a sale if cover was provided much earlier..

Phil will be gone in the summer if not the Jan window depending where we are in competitions..

I cannot imagine any scenario where we sell him in January, at least I don't want to imagine that kind of scenario!!
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,129 posts | 127 
      Reply #2459: Aug 21, 2017 09:28:29 pm
      When all of this 'agent' thing began, after the 'Bosman' stuff,  Football died, and the parasite world was born. With all the new money being generated, Barca and the likes, court the players hangers on with wealth and promises of new players to manage, to try to get them to convnince 'thier' target to sign.  Coutinho, was badly advised, because it was'nt for the player, but for the greedy bas**rds, who are so called, looking after him.  They are looking for another payday.  Over to you Phil,
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #2460: Aug 21, 2017 09:35:40 pm
      I'm not sure he has a choice, but that depends on whether we can get Draxler or even Keita signed.
        Quote and Reply

Who doesn't have a choice Jürgen?

He hasn't practiced there is a game on Wednesday and Sunday....Coutinho's not going to play in either one of those...you don't get a full weeks practice you don't play.

He's not going to change that for Coutinho...I am sure he has got his squad already sorted for this next week.

As far as Draxler...Pearce said today that Jürgen is not interested...flat out no interest.

Quick Reply