Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should LFC sell Coutinho to Barcelona in this transfer window?

Yes, sell now, leaves now.
      (20.4%)
      Yes, sell now,go in the summer
      (59.2%)
      No, he stays, what ever.
      (20.4%)

Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)

Read 286983 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)
      Reply #2484: Aug 22, 2017 09:58:49 am
      Out that 80m, 16m was offered up front. The rest over 5 years...

No sh*t Sherlock, hence why i said over £80m guaranteed not the £114m figure touted with unrealistic addons.
      Kopite78
      Reply #2485: Aug 22, 2017 10:05:05 am
      Yeah, he's lost that bit of respect from me to.

I couldn't give a f**k if he was the biggest c**t on earth and chomped on the ears of the opposition, long gone are the days of this sport being a personality contest. See it for what it is - a mutual contract that benefits both parties. All the nostalgic romance left this game long ago, so I'm completely OK for this "c**t" to represent us again if he shows the same on field professionalism as we know he can.

Let's be fair, we'd never have replaced him in this window so pragmatically this is in the best interest of the club we support.

Oh dont get me wrong mate, I'd put him back in the side because that's what's best..

Just saying he has lost any respect and admiration from me for the way he has treated our club, I respect it too much for that.
      I go every game, I won't nor ever would boo our own, but I certainly won't ever sing his song again either.

What he could have had from us is a lifetime worth of love, he's blown that just as Suarez before him did for me and many others
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #2486: Aug 22, 2017 10:06:08 am
      Let's be fair, we'd never have replaced him in this window so pragmatically this is in the best interest of the club we support.

Hammer, Nail, Head.

I'm not arsed, whats done is done, he won't be the first ambitious want away player, he won't be the last.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #2487: Aug 22, 2017 10:08:55 am

We haven't even replaced Suarez and how many windows ago was that?
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #2488: Aug 22, 2017 10:19:33 am

Exactly.

One manager took the Bibotelli's and Lambert's of the world (Plan B,C,D,E >Z).

The other wouldn't budge from plan A.

Moral to the story: FSG, brewery, piss-up.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2489: Aug 22, 2017 10:30:44 am

I hope Mane and Salah don't hear you say that, or are you talking specifically about a striker?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2490: Aug 22, 2017 10:31:57 am
      Exactly.

All on the FSG again then, no blame to Klopp although you admit in your post that he won't budge from plan A. Good to see you have a fair and balanced view mate ;-)
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #2491: Aug 22, 2017 10:36:53 am
      Good to see you have a fair and balanced view mate ;-)

Without doubt the most ironic post of 2017!

"Fair and balanced view"

Brilliant Heimdall comedy gold.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #2492: Aug 22, 2017 10:36:55 am
      Exactly.

Spot on.

2 managers taking differing stances on FSG not being fit for purpose.

One got a mishmash squad of whatever he was given.

The other had a No1 or nothing approach, which sees us constantly left with nothing.

Let's not pretend any of this is on players or managers. Maybe everyone can see that now.

Brendan was flawed.
      Jürgen is flawed.
      Keep taking the best players away and any manager will struggle.

I hope we keep Coutinho.
      Only because we've proven our inability to replace him this window even though there seem to be quality players available.

Either way I think he's gone by next summer. Hard to blame the players. Mane will be next and is probably the one Barcelona should have gone for.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2493: Aug 22, 2017 10:44:05 am
      Without doubt the most ironic post of 2017!

"Fair and balanced view"

Brilliant Heimdall comedy gold.

Sorry, but in what way are my posts not fair and balanced? BTW I suggest you look up the definition of Irony, I'm not sure you have it quite right in your head.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,988 posts | 238 
      Reply #2494: Aug 22, 2017 10:51:41 am
      If Coutinho was poorly adviced by his agent and the 'poor thing' got himself manipulated, I am assuming that he would sack his agent for doing it. That is hardly going to be the case.

There are no two ways about this. Sh*t happens. What he did was very very selfish. He better man up and work his way back.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2495: Aug 22, 2017 10:54:23 am
      If Coutinho was poorly adviced by his agent and the 'poor thing' got himself manipulated, I am assuming that he would sack his agent for doing it. That is hardly going to be the case.

There are no two ways about this. Sh*t happens. What he did was very very selfish. He better man up and work his way back.

He has to sack his agent, otherwise all this throwing blame around doesn't work.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #2496: Aug 22, 2017 11:04:33 am
      Not just you Skamp (so I'm not having a go) but that 'sign VvD and I'll be happy' seems to be a theme that has developed lately. At least you have hinted at why but...

That "something" you're optimistic about us doing Skamp, what is it; the title, a trophy a top four finish? 🤔
      I'm not sensitive about people having a go at me mate, so don't worry about that ;D!  I'd say with Coutinho playing his socks off, Lallana back fit and VVD settled in, my "something" would be deffo top 4, last 16 CL and a cup.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #2497: Aug 22, 2017 11:26:05 am
      I'm not sensitive about people having a go at me mate, so don't worry about that ;D!  I'd say with Coutinho playing his socks off, Lallana back fit and VVD settled in, my "something" would be deffo top 4, last 16 CL and a cup.
      No probs Skamp, appreciate the reply...  without VvD, Couts having a blinder and Adam fit: what then?

Truth is; I'm just not feeling this transfer window. Not so far and not with [just] the addition of VvD. What we have signed we could have signed without CL. The point being, imo, they aren't "next level" players; players who will see us win titles and trophies; players Jürgen said he wanted.

Seven years, £500m, 3 managers, 1 DoF all for 1 trophy; not good enough, is it? 😞

Still... there are 9 days left so fingers crossed.

bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #2498: Aug 22, 2017 11:28:19 am
      You literally could not make this up...
      http://www.empireofthekop.com/2017/08/22/coutinhos-agents-barca-manipulated-phil-he-wants-to-play-for-liverpool-again/

Guys trying to piss on me and tell me it's raining aside, I'm glad the tide is turning and he'll be lining out for us again.

Let's just put this unpleasantness behind us :)

Definitely tarnished his legacy, but after (just one example mind!) watching us F**k up two great free kick chances just outside the box last weekend, in Phil territory, you have to be pragmatic.

And erm, he's not a new signing. Neither is Moreno. Or anyone else who was at the club last year. Still could be doing with more ACTUAL new signings before window closes...
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,190 posts | 4405 
      Reply #2499: Aug 22, 2017 11:36:44 am
      I can't really hate the guy he has given his all in his time here and without doubt currently is our best player.
      He made a judgement call hoping that his dream move might materialise and no doubt pressured by Barca that if he doesn't make his move he will never get his dreams fulfilled.

Let's be honest which player would not want to play with Messi, Suarez etc.

He will knuckle down and start producing for LFC knowing Barca will come again if not next year then the following year.

Players come and go we have had bigger stars than Coutinho come and go and the club still carries on.

5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #2500: Aug 22, 2017 11:38:08 am
      http://www.empireofthekop.com/2017/08/22/coutinhos-agents-barca-manipulated-phil-he-wants-to-play-for-liverpool-again/

Guys trying to piss on me and tell me it's raining aside, I'm glad the tide is turning and he'll be lining out for us again.

Definitely tarnished his legacy, but after (just one example mind!) watching us f**k up two great free kick chances just outside the box last weekend, in Phil territory, you have to be pragmatic.

And erm, he's not a new signing. Neither is Moreno. Or anyone else who was at the club last year. Still could be doing with more ACTUAL new signings before window closes...

Binning his tw*t of an agent off would be a good start.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,515 posts | 1507 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #2501: Aug 22, 2017 11:39:21 am
      All's forgiven

Drawn a line under it and moving on
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,190 posts | 4405 
      Kopite78
      Reply #2503: Aug 22, 2017 11:44:33 am
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #2504: Aug 22, 2017 11:44:40 am
      No probs Skamp, appreciate the reply...  without VvD, Couts having a blinder and Adam fit: what then?

Truth is; I'm just not feeling this transfer window. Not so far and not with [just] the addition of VvD. What we have signed we could have signed without CL. The point being, imo, they aren't "next level" players; players who will see us win titles and trophies; players Jürgen said he wanted.

Seven years, £500m, 3 managers, 1 DoF all for 1 trophy; not good enough, is it? 😞

Still... there are 9 days left so fingers crossed.
      Without those 3 things, it's going to be a long, frustrating, pretty fruitless season.  Accept the "next level" thing, but if we get VVD, along with Salah, Solanke & Robertson, we'll have improved the squad and the first team.

And no, certainly not good enough!!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2505: Aug 22, 2017 11:45:50 am

Definitely tarnished his legacy, but after (just one example mind!) watching us f**k up two great free kick chances just outside the box last weekend, in Phil territory, you have to be pragmatic.

TAA is like a new signing though, he really is.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #2506: Aug 22, 2017 11:47:09 am
      If Klopp mentions "like a new signing", I'll begin to lose a bit of faith in him....

Quick Reply