Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should LFC sell Coutinho to Barcelona in this transfer window?

Yes, sell now, leaves now.
      (20.4%)
      Yes, sell now,go in the summer
      (59.2%)
      No, he stays, what ever.
      (20.4%)

Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)

Read 287185 times
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Re: Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)
      Reply #2714: Aug 24, 2017 01:22:32 pm
      Think about it logically and Coutinho probably grew up playing football with Brazilian Idols such as Rivaldo, Carlos, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo who's footsteps he wanted to follow not Gerrard, Hamann, Traore, Hyypia, he's just chasing his dream.

Traore....!!!

:)
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,944 posts | 5001 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #2715: Aug 24, 2017 01:30:16 pm
      Bit ironic you saying that when you earlier compared one club trying to buy another clubs player to rape 😀

Mis-advised? Bollocks
      He's a grown man who's made his own decisions. He of course isn't a rapist or a child molester but he's a c**t for the way he's treated this club.

If he stays and if he scores I'll celebrate the Liverpool goal because only Liverpool matters but i won't celebrate him nor ever sing his song.

He's a c**t.. simple

Think your being a bit of a kunt too fella if you truly believe Coutinho acted all on his own, when quite clearly he was being ill-advised by not only his agent but his very own brother, thought those two points were quite important since it's obvious Barca were speaking / persuading Phill through both,

You also need to acknowledge that most players from S America have RM & BARCA as their ultimate goal, and Phill is no different, prior to Barca's initial involvement Phill was quoted as saying he was happy here hence his new contract, why else would he sign if he wasn't?

You can't blame a player for wanting to move up a level, a level we've been trying to achieve ourselves in recent seasons, add the lack of ambition from our custodians it's easy to understand how Coutinho's head could be turned given the wrong information,

I do agree that his timing was just bollocks but I'm wondering if the "it's now or never" claim was put to him at that moment in time with both his bro and agent adding pressure,

I doubt you and I will ever understand eithers opinion so let's just agree to disagree and both celebrate when Phill bags a scorcher to beat the scum or Blueshite.

YNWA
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,944 posts | 5001 
      Reply #2716: Aug 24, 2017 01:30:50 pm
      Bit ironic you saying that when you earlier compared one club trying to buy another clubs player to rape 😀

Mis-advised? Bollocks
      He's a grown man who's made his own decisions. He of course isn't a rapist or a child molester but he's a c**t for the way he's treated this club.

If he stays and if he scores I'll celebrate the Liverpool goal because only Liverpool matters but i won't celebrate him nor ever sing his song.

He's a c**t.. simple

Think your being a bit of a kunt too fella if you truly believe Coutinho acted all on his own, when quite clearly he was being ill-advised by not only his agent but his very own brother, thought those two points were quite important since it's obvious Barca were speaking / persuading Phill through both,

You also need to acknowledge that most players from S America have RM & BARCA as their ultimate goal, and Phill is no different, prior to Barca's initial involvement Phill was quoted as saying he was happy here hence his new contract, why else would he sign if he wasn't?

You can't blame a player for wanting to move up a level, a level we've been trying to achieve ourselves in recent seasons, add the lack of ambition from our custodians it's easy to understand how Coutinho's head could be turned given the wrong information,

I do agree that his timing was just bollocks but I'm wondering if the "it's now or never" claim was put to him at that moment in time with both his bro and agent adding pressure,

I doubt you and I will ever understand eithers opinion so let's just agree to disagree and both celebrate when Phill bags a scorcher to beat the scum or Blueshite.

YNWA
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #2717: Aug 24, 2017 01:47:52 pm

YNWA

Phil is a big boy, I don't care who is being advised by, he's ultimately  responsible for his actions. End of.

And second...there's no way that Barca is a step up from us anymore. Club on decline with aging (and injured) stars.
      Kopite78
      Reply #2718: Aug 24, 2017 01:49:56 pm

Ironic that...

YNWA

I have no issue with him wanting to move, never have.. It's the timing that I have an issue with and the way he has treated the club and us fans.

If you didn't have your own mind at 25 and were so easily influenced I feel for you buddy.

You support little Phil if you like I'll support the club.. So if he stays and if he scores I'll celebrate the goal at the ground.. But I won't support him as an individual. You can do that at home in the midlands buddy

ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 734 posts | 113 
      Reply #2719: Aug 24, 2017 04:54:33 pm
      It's because it is Liverpool. BBC ran with Jermain Jenas garbage on their main page, Spurs.
      I believe Barton, Newcastle had some garbage to say about it too.
      Neville had some rubbish to say, from United.

It's a collection of players who never even came close to playing at that level in their careers and who are basically speaking as fans. None of them ever came close to playing for the likes of Barcelona and have absolutely no comprehension about what they're talking about.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,517 posts | 1508 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #2720: Aug 24, 2017 04:57:21 pm
      It's a collection of players who never even came close to playing at that level in their careers and who are basically speaking as fans. None of them ever came close to playing for the likes of Barcelona and have absolutely no comprehension about what they're talking about.
      I wouldn't go that far. Gary Neville won 8 Premier League titles and 2 ECL
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2721: Aug 24, 2017 05:02:01 pm
      The worst thing is Barcelona were going to take Coutinho wages down to less than what we pay him. Clearly a club with money problems.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2722: Aug 24, 2017 05:06:11 pm
      The worst thing is Barcelona were going to take Coutinho wages down to less than what we pay him. Clearly a club with money problems.

Source?
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 734 posts | 113 
      Reply #2723: Aug 24, 2017 05:34:37 pm
      Dembele move to Barca seems to be on now ... £150M ... wonder if that affects their supposed next bid for Coutinho?
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 734 posts | 113 
      Reply #2724: Aug 24, 2017 05:44:06 pm
      I wouldn't go that far. Gary Neville won 8 Premier League titles and 2 ECL

Yeah, I get what you're saying ... what I meant was that he was never really in a position similar to Coutinho's now. Nobody ever came to Man Utd trying to tap him up, offering Man Utd record-breaking sums of money to sign him. He stayed at United his whole career
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,517 posts | 1508 
      Reply #2725: Aug 24, 2017 06:04:14 pm
      Yeah, I get what you're saying ... what I meant was that he was never really in a position similar to Coutinho's now. Nobody ever came to Man Utd trying to tap him up, offering Man Utd record-breaking sums of money to sign him. He stayed at United his whole career
      Yup, you're right (that'll teach me to read just the post and not the entire conversation)
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2726: Aug 24, 2017 06:31:55 pm
      Dembele move to Barca seems to be on now ... £150M ... wonder if that affects their supposed next bid for Coutinho?
      they can't buy both. If it were 90m each they could, they got a rude awakening when we refused to sell and Dortmund priced Dembele at 150m. Looks like Barca tired of messing around and met Dortmund's asking price.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #2727: Aug 24, 2017 06:38:47 pm
      Phil is a big boy, I don't care who is being advised by, he's ultimately  responsible for his actions. End of.

And second...there's no way that Barca is a step up from us anymore. Club on decline with aging (and injured) stars.

Of. Purse they are a step up fella and you are deluded if you think otherwise. We've got one League Cup to show for the last 10 years. In that time I don't know how many La Liga titles Barca have won? A good few I imagine, plus how long has it been since they won the Champions League, weren't they still the holders this time two years ago? Throw in continuous champions league qualification for 20 odd years and you can see why some players think they're a step up
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,944 posts | 5001 
      Reply #2728: Aug 24, 2017 06:39:02 pm
      Ironic that...

I have no issue with him wanting to move, never have.. It's the timing that I have an issue with and the way he has treated the club and us fans.

If you didn't have your own mind at 25 and were so easily influenced I feel for you buddy.

You support little Phil if you like I'll support the club.. So if he stays and if he scores I'll celebrate the goal at the ground.. But I won't support him as an individual. You can do that at home in the midlands buddy

Fairy muff buddy but don't see what living in the Midlands has to do with the price of fish, LFC is a global brand or is it you feel your a better supporter because you live locally, I understand I may be a wool but that doesn't detract how much I love my club,
      Look, you have your opinion I have mine that's what this forum's all about on this occasion we dont agree, and that's fine.

YNWA
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,517 posts | 1508 
      Reply #2729: Aug 24, 2017 06:40:54 pm
      So Phil, did you see the draw?

And Group E?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #2730: Aug 24, 2017 06:47:39 pm
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,434 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #2731: Aug 24, 2017 07:17:46 pm

Pretty common knowledge that he would have to take a pay cut
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #2732: Aug 24, 2017 07:48:32 pm
      Looks like poor Coutinho is going to have to stay.
      He was only ever a option - hope that makes you feel loved Phil.

https://twitter.com/guardian_sport/status/900763651715592193
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,989 posts | 240 
      Reply #2733: Aug 24, 2017 07:54:05 pm
      Looks like poor Coutinho is going to have to stay.
      He was only ever a option - hope that makes you feel loved Phil.

https://twitter.com/guardian_sport/status/900763651715592193

Coutinho will be more of a replacement for iniesta right? Dembele will replace Neymar.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #2734: Aug 24, 2017 08:03:13 pm
      So a 150m bid for Dembele, and small bids for Couthino numerous times trying to get him on the cheap? I wonder how Coutinho feels.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2735: Aug 24, 2017 08:09:59 pm
      Coutinho will be more of a replacement for iniesta right?
      What do you mean will be?
      Barca don't have the money to sign both. It was always Dembele or Coutinho.
      Barcelona losing Neymar and getting Dembele is like when we lost Torres and got Carrol.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #2736: Aug 24, 2017 08:11:27 pm
      Coutinho will be more of a replacement for iniesta right? Dembele will replace Neymar.

And where exactly are they going to find another £100M+

Quick Reply