Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should LFC sell Coutinho to Barcelona in this transfer window?

Yes, sell now, leaves now.
      (20.4%)
      Yes, sell now,go in the summer
      (59.2%)
      No, he stays, what ever.
      (20.4%)

Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)

Read 287087 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)
      Reply #2875: Aug 26, 2017 07:24:01 pm
      Nah, the fact is you cannot argue your position, have not answered a single question, and have resorted to puerile ad hominem attacks to try and cover an untenable position.

Worse still, you know your position is untenable, which is the very reason why you won't answer a single question.

Carry on worshiping the guttersnipe who dragged our name through the mud, got himself banned for crucial games, went behind our backs at least twice, took us to arbitration in an attempt to force a move to Arsenal, repeatedly bit players, and agreed terms with Barca before we had even agreed to sell, and then bit someone again.

Meanwhile, Sterling didn't do even a fraction of that sh*t, and you call him a c**t.

The cognitive dissonance going on with you is mind boggling; Suarez = brilliant and blameless; anyone else who ever pushed for a move = c**t.  :roll:

You haven't asked any questions, all youve done is say things are 'fact' and things are 'probably', both relating to your opinion and when I've disagreed with it you've skated over it and respond by saying clutching at straws, 100% wrong and cannot argue my position. The latter of which is exactly what I am doing but because it doesn't match your opinion you read it and interpret it as something else. You haven't actually tried to rebuff anything I have questioned you on regarding your 'facts', your 'probablies' or answered me who slipped.

You believe your conspiracy theories so much there is literally nothing anyone can say without you going on the massive defensive over it and now trying to bring other players like Sterling into it which is just desperate. I'd like you to show me where I've called Sterling a c**t too...
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #2876: Aug 26, 2017 07:43:56 pm
      The way I see it he wanted a move to Arsenal but was later talked out of it by Gerrard who told him to wait 1 more season.

He gave us a great season which nearly led to big things and then the season after he got his move.

Bite or no bite in the world cup, he had outgrown us and was moving on.

We need that reaction from Coutinho now. It's a big year for him with the world cup coming up and with us in the Champion's League. Pretending to be injured or ill is not going to get him very far and to be honest he's probably well aware now that he needs to make amends.

Suarez was not perfect but when it mattered he gave everything to us to try and win games.

He wasn't talked out of anything.
      We refused to sell him and gave him a new contract.

I don't have a problem with any player who wants a move.
      The only issue I have is how they go about it, and Suarez acted the c**t, more than once.

He threatened to go on strike, had us dragged through arbitration and negotiated terms with Barca before a bid was even made.
      Add to that his behaviour, and our name getting dragged through the mud.

Coutinho's behaviour has been pretty bad, but as far as I know he hasn't bitten anyone, or threatened to go on strike, or taken us to court.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #2877: Aug 26, 2017 07:44:51 pm
      You haven't asked any questions, all youve done is say things are 'fact' and things are 'probably', both relating to your opinion and when I've disagreed with it you've skated over it and respond by saying clutching at straws, 100% wrong and cannot argue my position. The latter of which is exactly what I am doing but because it doesn't match your opinion you read it and interpret it as something else. You haven't actually tried to rebuff anything I have questioned you on regarding your 'facts', your 'probablies' or answered me who slipped.

You believe your conspiracy theories so much there is literally nothing anyone can say without you going on the massive defensive over it and now trying to bring other players like Sterling into it which is just desperate. I'd like you to show me where I've called Sterling a c**t too...

Read back.
      The sentences with a question mark at the end are questions.

Answer them, then get back to me.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,540 posts | 1091 
      Reply #2878: Aug 26, 2017 07:46:48 pm
      Funny reading all these posts haha.

Over 95% of footballers are c***s ... end of.

They are overpaid spoiled brats who think they can have it every which way and its about time this club told these lads that it wont be the case anymore.

Sterling was and still is overrated ... he has not progressed since he left us in my opinion ... and he is a c**t.

Suarez is a genius ... but i agree with the poster above who says he gave this club no respect. He is a c**t in my opinion.

Coutinho is just another example. Prepared to sit on his arse and potentially damage the club, whilst in cahoots with barca to deliberately sabotage our early season games and even worse our cl games all whilst pocketing north of 150k a week. He turned on us as a club and turned his back on his team mates so quick it was an embarassment. He is a c**t as well.

Don't get too attached to players ... the majority will stab us in the back the moment someone shows them some skirt.

Just support the club as a whole and try and forget what a horrible entity this 'game' i used to love has become.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #2879: Aug 26, 2017 07:52:09 pm
      The Transfer window closes on Thursday people... We have a player who  as all but gone on strike, reportedly asked not to be named in the CL squad, feigning Injury and Illness, for F**k sake what more will it take for Liverpool FC to realize that they are flogging a dead horse..?? F**k sell the disloyal c**t and try and straighten the squad of players we have... Trying to hold on to him makes no sense surely you people can see that..?? Jesus wept
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,449 posts | 4584 
      Reply #2880: Aug 26, 2017 07:57:26 pm
      The Transfer window closes on Thursday people... We have a player who  as all but gone on strike, reportedly asked not to be named in the CL squad, feigning Injury and Illness, for f**k sake what more will it take for Liverpool FC to realize that they are flogging a dead horse..?? F**k sell the disloyal c**t and try and straighten the squad of players we have... Trying to hold on to him makes no sense surely you people can see that..?? Jesus wept

It's great for the changing room morale to keep a want away player..

Basically got a free pass to piss all over us from the Boss.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #2881: Aug 26, 2017 07:58:52 pm
      Funny reading all these posts haha.

Over 95% of footballers are c***s ... end of.

They are overpaid spoiled brats who think they can have it every which way and its about time this club told these lads that it wont be the case anymore.

Sterling was and still is overrated ... he has not progressed since he left us in my opinion ... and he is a c**t.

Suarez is a genius ... but i agree with the poster above who says he gave this club no respect. He is a c**t in my opinion.

Coutinho is just another example. Prepared to sit on his arse and potentially damage the club, whilst in cahoots with barca to deliberately sabotage our early season games and even worse our cl games all whilst pocketing north of 150k a week. He turned on us as a club and turned his back on his team mates so quick it was an embarassment. He is a c**t as well.

Don't get too attached to players ... the majority will stab us in the back the moment someone shows them some skirt.

Just support the club as a whole and try and forget what a horrible entity this 'game' i used to love has become.

I don't think I'd describe 95% of them as cu*ts, but I would say it can appear that way because so many of them have been cosseted and spoiled from a young age, and they live in a bubble far removed from reality.

Like I said before, I don't have a problem with players moving on, I have a problem with the ones who act the c**t to get the move.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #2882: Aug 26, 2017 08:04:31 pm
      Read back.
      The sentences with a question mark at the end are questions.

Answer them, then get back to me.

You are so full of rubbish :laugh:. I have answered your questions and as I say, you interpret it differently. You say about me not answering questions and you then go and not answer mine by just more clutching :laugh:

I have respect for your opinions on here but you've been having a whopper here lad so let's just draw a line under it. You don't agree with me, I'm certainly not going to agree with what you are trying at so let's not keep going in circles ey.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #2883: Aug 26, 2017 08:14:59 pm
      You are so full of rubbish :laugh:. I have answered your questions and as I say, you interpret it differently. You say about me not answering questions and you then go and not answer mine by just more clutching :laugh:

I have respect for your opinions on here but you've been having a whopper here lad so let's just draw a line under it. You don't agree with me, I'm certainly not going to agree with what you are trying at so let's not keep going in circles ey.

I'll try again.  :roll:
      The following are questions.

Did Suarez threaten to go on strike?

Did Suarez take us to arbitration over his "release clause"?

Did Suarez give interviews when with his national team saying how much he wanted to move to Arsenal?

Did Suarez get a move he wanted after biting another player on 3 occasions?

Did Suarez agree personal terms with Barca before they'd put a bid in for him?

Did Suarez miss numerous games because of bans for on field behaviour?

Has Suarez bitten anyone since he moved to Barca?

Are these actions justifiable to you, or did he act the c**t to force a move?
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2884: Aug 26, 2017 08:25:59 pm
      I would not have Suarez back. He's not entitled to the legendary status some give him here. He didn't stay and win here,  he left before he kicked a ball for us in the champions league and we struggled to replace him. Now he's old and can slowly  decline into mediocrity.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #2885: Aug 26, 2017 08:34:12 pm
      I'll try again.  :roll:
      The following are questions.

Did Suarez threaten to go on strike?...no

Did Suarez take us to arbitration over his "release clause"?...no

Did Suarez give interviews when with his national team saying how much he wanted to move to Arsenal?...not directly Arsenal, no

Did Suarez get a move he wanted after biting another player on 3 occasions?...no, he didn't go anywhere after biting Ivanovic

Did Suarez agree personal terms with Barca before they'd put a bid in for him?...probably, like every transfer

Did Suarez miss numerous games because of bans for on field behaviour?...yes

Has Suarez bitten anyone since he moved to Barca?...no

Are these actions justifiable to you, or did he act the c**t to force a move?...no and no

Did Suarez threaten to go on strike?...no, just trained by himself

Did Suarez take us to arbitration over his "release clause"?...no

Did Suarez give interviews when with his national team saying how much he wanted to move to Arsenal?...not directly Arsenal, no

Did Suarez get a move he wanted after biting another player on 3 occasions?...no, he didn't go anywhere after biting Ivanovic

Did Suarez agree personal terms with Barca before they'd put a bid in for him?...probably, like every transfer

Did Suarez miss numerous games because of bans for on field behaviour?...yes

Has Suarez bitten anyone since he moved to Barca?...no

Are these actions justifiable to you, or did he act the c**t to force a move?...no and no

Now, shall we draw under a line under it as we aren't going to agree and get this back on topic?
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #2886: Aug 26, 2017 08:57:34 pm
      Did Couts really ask not to be named in CL squad 😳   WTF !

Name him, the see how quick Barca want the little b***ard then.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2887: Aug 26, 2017 09:03:30 pm
      Did Couts really ask not to be named in CL squad 😳   WTF !

Name him, the see how quick Barca want the little b***ard then.
      Note sure, I heard it is b***ocks.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,171 posts | 1095 
      Reply #2888: Aug 26, 2017 09:33:28 pm
      Lebron James is such a turd. When he isn't wearing safety pins and be all annoying on twitter he is "suggesting" to our management to sell Couthino. What kind of sh*t fan are u, telling us to sell and wearing a Barca jersey? Can't stand that dude. I hope Golden State smashes them again
      Don77

• 6,540 posts | 1091 
      Reply #2889: Aug 26, 2017 11:01:37 pm
      http://www.ondacero.es/programas/radioestadio/audios-podcast/alfredo-martinez_2017082659a17ba10cf2cedb78f37c0a.html

From the BBC gossip page. Says we have given them until monday to agree a fee.

I just don't see it myself.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #2890: Aug 26, 2017 11:03:19 pm
      http://www.ondacero.es/programas/radioestadio/audios-podcast/alfredo-martinez_2017082659a17ba10cf2cedb78f37c0a.html

So we reject their ultimatum to then essentially give them one? Can't see it myself.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Reply #2891: Aug 26, 2017 11:12:43 pm
      You concentrate on conspiracy theories too much.

:lmao:
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Reply #2892: Aug 26, 2017 11:32:41 pm
      So we reject their ultimatum to then essentially give them one? Can't see it myself.

Nah they can't really backtrack on their words now and sell him after their statements.

They are signing their own death wish if they do.

The backlash would be very nasty.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #2893: Aug 26, 2017 11:44:22 pm

Not sure how reliable Alfredo Martinez is or if he is even reliable, but he is saying there that Barcelona's DoF, Raúl Sanllehí, is in Liverpool right now involved in talks with Liverpool directors trying to get a deal done.

According to him he has until next Monday to convince Liverpool to sell Coutinho. The offer on the table is  €120m + up to  €30m in add-ons. The ultimatum he is talking about is the one it was reported a week ago, that if no deal is agreed by Monday Barcelona will move to plan B, not that LFC have given Barcelona an ultimatum to agree a fee.

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,449 posts | 4584 
      Reply #2894: Aug 26, 2017 11:58:00 pm
      Nah they can't really backtrack on their words now and sell him after their statements.

They are signing their own death wish if they do.

The backlash would be very nasty.

It's a win win for the owners...

Delay till the very last hours & give Couthino enough rope to hang himself & then accept the bid..

Fans already turned against him..
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #2895: Aug 27, 2017 12:14:14 am
      Wantaway Philippe Coutinho willing to knuckle down — once Liverpool promise to sell him to Barcelona next summer

The Brazilian is ready to 'Do a Luis Suarez' and give the Reds everything for one last season before moving to the Nou Camp

Ambitious Coutinho has been at Anfield four years and won nothing – and that, say his advisors, has been the motivating factor in wanting a switch to Barcelona.

Although Barca are undergoing a difficult spell having lost Neymar to Paris Saint-Germain, Coutinho believes he stands more chance of silverware at the Nou Camp than at Liverpool — who have not won the domestic title since 1990

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/coutinho-wants-liverpool-promise-barcelona-11058733
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2896: Aug 27, 2017 01:55:47 am
      Wantaway Philippe Coutinho willing to knuckle down — once Liverpool promise to sell him to Barcelona next summer

The Brazilian is ready to 'Do a Luis Suarez' and give the Reds everything for one last season before moving to the Nou Camp

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/coutinho-wants-liverpool-promise-barcelona-11058733
      Coutinho is pathetic if that's true. We don't do last season's, were a project not a stepping stone. He is trying to salvage a losing hand.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #2897: Aug 27, 2017 02:00:26 am
      yeh Rib but isn't that the sort of noise that has come out of De gea's camp for quite a few seasons?  I think we need to be stronger in keeping players.   These players have zero emotions for fans maybe we need to adjust!

Quick Reply