Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should LFC sell Coutinho to Barcelona in this transfer window?

Yes, sell now, leaves now.
      (20.4%)
      Yes, sell now,go in the summer
      (59.2%)
      No, he stays, what ever.
      (20.4%)

Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)

Read 287000 times
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)
      Reply #2921: Aug 28, 2017 06:33:36 am
      The only way I think he'd be sold, is if the payment of £130m or what ever, is paid in full, none of this add on sh*t.

He's being very stupid with the World Cup next year. Klopp seems to remember disloyalty, and if he's not careful he will rue this summer as one all mighty error in judgement..
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #2922: Aug 28, 2017 06:46:20 am
      Sell Coutinho, £130 m +...offer Southampton £60 m cash and Sakho for VVD... and offer RB Leipzig £90 m for Naby Keïta

We have the money to do that anyway it doesn't need us to sell first.

Why the owners won't we can only guess.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #2923: Aug 28, 2017 07:41:42 am

When story first broke, the obvious answer would be to avoid a backlash from fans. Since then the club's communications dept have really gone to work with all the little stories getting dropped into the press, so that now he is seen as a 'little c**t'

Also think the club haven't been impressed with the offers from Barca so far, those ridiculous add ons that appeared in the press. I think if we can negotiate the right deal fof us, he's a gonner.

Hopefully then Klopp can bring in players he wants.

glines
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 158 posts |
      Reply #2924: Aug 28, 2017 08:15:03 am
      I have a sneaky feeling that we're going to tie up Lemar before allowing PC to leave.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #2925: Aug 28, 2017 10:23:49 am
      Well It's Monday morning, and we could hear that Liverpool as sold Coutinho to Barca later on today... But even if that not the case expect this one to run right up to the end of the window
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #2926: Aug 28, 2017 10:29:02 am
      We have the money to do that anyway it doesn't need us to sell first.

So they keep saying, and Yes I believe they have the money.... The point is do they want to use it, or would they rather have the Coutinho money at their disposal to make these purchases. I believe it is the latter
      Don77

• 6,540 posts | 1091 
      Reply #2927: Aug 28, 2017 10:41:30 am
      So they keep saying, and Yes I believe they have the money.... The point is do they want to use it, or would they rather have the Coutinho money at their disposal to make these purchases. I believe it is the latter

No chance of Coutinho being sold in this window. Fsg's definitive stance is that he was going nowhere ...

He will not be leaving this summer. Its time he got off his arse, stopped feigning injury and man up and earn his 150k per week wages if be wants to goto the world cup and join the spanish titanic next season.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2928: Aug 28, 2017 10:46:36 am
      Barca trying to sign Kieta now according to Catalan press
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,988 posts | 238 
      Reply #2929: Aug 28, 2017 10:48:34 am

Catalan press  :roll:
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #2930: Aug 28, 2017 10:51:18 am

Whether that's true or not at this moment in time it is one of the reasons I don't think we'll land him next summer.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #2931: Aug 28, 2017 11:06:32 am

Whether that's true or not at this moment in time it is one of the reasons I don't think we'll land him next summer.

Pretty sure that's a warning shot to FSG..........

Anyhow........I think Phil will go now if we get any business done.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,433 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #2932: Aug 28, 2017 11:13:32 am

Mmm, actually saw it mentioned as a joke on a Barcelona forum, wouldn't take too much notice
      Don77

• 6,540 posts | 1091 
      Reply #2933: Aug 28, 2017 12:22:37 pm
      Pretty sure that's a warning shot to FSG..........

Anyhow........I think Phil will go now if we get any business done.

So you think after making a public statement that was 'definitive' they will just sell him now. There would be uproar.

Nobody would take them seriously or believe anything they say again. Plus when madrid come calling for mane etc next summer the player will say you gave in to phil so why not me.

They have said we are no longer a selling club. That we are building a squad.

So lets see ... cou out and nobody or someone else in is poor imo and smacks of bottom line net profit again.

A quality player in with a year to settle before cou possibly leaves ... thats intent.

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #2934: Aug 28, 2017 12:27:12 pm
      So you think after making a public statement that was 'definitive' they will just sell him now. There would be uproar.

Nobody would take them seriously or believe anything they say again. Plus when madrid come calling for mane etc next summer the player will say you gave in to phil so why not me.

They have said we are no longer a selling club. That we are building a squad.

So lets see ... cou out and nobody or someone else in is poor imo and smacks of bottom line net profit again.

A quality player in with a year to settle before cou possibly leaves ... thats intent.

I'll believe when it's 1st September fella.

I've been saying all summer the only thing that made me (initially) think Phil 'might' stay was Jürgen.

As soon as he started saying......"not down to me" that hope (wish) was done.

So in answer to your question - I've always thought he'd be gone if down to FSG.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #2935: Aug 28, 2017 12:31:37 pm
      If this Lemar bid is true, it tells its own tale.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #2936: Aug 28, 2017 12:33:13 pm
      http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/coutinho-wants-liverpool-promise-barcelona-11058733

Exactly Stu. 
      The article would be forgotten in a years time if it didnt happen.

However .....

If there was any truth in it then I'm good with that.
      After yesterdays result  v  The Arse  do we need him ?

We would have a year to buy in a replacement and no one would get shafted buying a club shirt for 18/19 .

Yes.
      Sign the deal,  agree the price and show us what you can do in your final season for us Couts.

I'm not, I'd tell him to F**k off in no uncertain terms. He's an employee contracted for five more years. He's in no position to bargain after the way he's carried on. He should have sat down with the club at the beginning of the saga and worked this deal out and then I don't think anyone would have had much of a problem, assuming we'd gotten a better replacement (or finished outside the Champions League spots) but he didn't, he acted like a self entitled, whiny little bi*ch and whiny little bitches need teaching a hard life lesson. I'm sick to death of clubs being held to ransom by players and their grubby, greedy vermin called agents. It's high time the status quo was rebalanced. If we give in to this little sh*t's ransoming then it sets a very dangerous precedent for the future of our club. Klopp is in charge of the team, not a player. FSG are in charge of the club, not the player's agent. We chose when and to whom to sell, not them. The alternative is complete chaos.
      Don77

• 6,540 posts | 1091 
      Reply #2937: Aug 28, 2017 12:33:39 pm
      I'll believe when it's 1st September fella.

I've been saying all summer the only thing that made me (initially) think Phil 'might' stay was Jürgen.

As soon as he started saying......"not down to me" that hope (wish) was done.

So in answer to your question - I've always thought he'd be gone if down to FSG.

If they have an ounze of ambition he will not be sold. I dont see chelsea city madrid munich etc selling their best player every summer.

If we want to be a club that competes at the top every year it has to stop.

I dont see chelsea selling hazard ... i dont see city selling de bruyne ...

Klopp has said numerous times hes not for sale and asked where is the interpretation in that?

James Pearce is close to the situation and he stated over the weekend that there is zero chance of him leaving and that klopp and fsg were all on the same page.

As klopp also stated ... we are not a selling club. As you say that will be proven one way or the other by friday morning.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #2938: Aug 28, 2017 12:37:26 pm
      If they have an ounze of ambition he will not be sold. I dont see chelsea city madrid munich etc selling their best player every summer.

If we want to be a club that competes at the top every year it has to stop.

I dont see chelsea selling hazard ... i dont see city selling de bruyne ...

Klopp has said numerous times hes not for sale and asked where is the interpretation in that?

James Pearce is close to the situation and he stated over the weekend that there is zero chance of him leaving and that klopp and fsg were all on the same page.

As klopp also stated ... we are not a selling club. As you say that will be proven one way or the other by friday morning.

Agree - I hope you're right......as long as Phil puts a shift in.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #2939: Aug 28, 2017 12:46:54 pm
      I'm not, I'd tell him to f**k off in no uncertain terms. He's an employee contracted for five more years. He's in no position to bargain after the way he's carried on. He should have sat down with the club at the beginning of the saga and worked this deal out and then I don't think anyone would have had much of a problem, assuming we'd gotten a better replacement (or finished outside the Champions League spots) but he didn't, he acted like a self entitled, whiny little bi*ch and whiny little bitches need teaching a hard life lesson. I'm sick to death of clubs being held to ransom by players and their grubby, greedy vermin called agents. It's high time the status quo was rebalanced. If we give in to this little sh*t's ransoming then it sets a very dangerous precedent for the future of our club. Klopp is in charge of the team, not a player. FSG are in charge of the club, not the player's agent. We chose when and to whom to sell, not them. The alternative is complete chaos.

I agree completely but taking the emotion out of it for one minute it puts us first .

1 We agree he goes next May.

2 We agree the price and take a deposit.   ;D

3 No one gets screwed over paying 60 squid for an 18/19 Coutinho shirt ...   

and finally the most important reason ...

4  It gives us 9 months to get a replacement in ... not 9 days.

Yes f**k him off if that is what he wants ... but f**k him off on our terms and not his or Barca's.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #2940: Aug 28, 2017 12:57:18 pm
      If we were able to get Keita and Lemar, Phil can go wherever the hell he wants.
      Don77

• 6,540 posts | 1091 
      Reply #2941: Aug 28, 2017 12:59:47 pm
      I'm not, I'd tell him to f**k off in no uncertain terms. He's an employee contracted for five more years. He's in no position to bargain after the way he's carried on. He should have sat down with the club at the beginning of the saga and worked this deal out and then I don't think anyone would have had much of a problem, assuming we'd gotten a better replacement (or finished outside the Champions League spots) but he didn't, he acted like a self entitled, whiny little bi*ch and whiny little bitches need teaching a hard life lesson. I'm sick to death of clubs being held to ransom by players and their grubby, greedy vermin called agents. It's high time the status quo was rebalanced. If we give in to this little sh*t's ransoming then it sets a very dangerous precedent for the future of our club. Klopp is in charge of the team, not a player. FSG are in charge of the club, not the player's agent. We chose when and to whom to sell, not them. The alternative is complete chaos.

Agreed.

As i say ... give in to cou and clubs will just continue to think they can take our best player and players will think they can  just walk out when they feel like it.

Time to make a stand and compete with these clubs instead of supplying them.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #2942: Aug 28, 2017 12:59:53 pm
      We were prepared to spend big on Keita and van Dijk WITH Coutinho still in our squad. So why do people think Lemar IN, Cou OUT?!

While the VVD saga is still in the air, I'm thinking we get Lemar this summer, make Cou stay for one more season and next summer, get Keita (if other clubs dont trigger his clause!). If Origi is involved in the deal, it wouldnt be too bad if we could get a cool €20-25m, considering Solanke is ahead of him!
      Don77

• 6,540 posts | 1091 
      Reply #2943: Aug 28, 2017 01:03:36 pm
      Agree - I hope you're right......as long as Phil puts a shift in.

He has to ... he needs to make things right with his mates first who he has let down in my opinion.

Then he has to fight his way back into the team.

And he has to perform if he is to make the brazil squad/team for the World Cup and impress any potential takers.

And if he has a storming season and world cup, his value goes even higher. More demand for him and still 4 years left on his deal.

We hold the cards. We call the shots. And he can thank his half wit agent for that.

Quick Reply