Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W5 D1 L1

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should LFC sell Coutinho to Barcelona in this transfer window?

Yes, sell now, leaves now.
      (20.4%)
      Yes, sell now,go in the summer
      (59.2%)
      No, he stays, what ever.
      (20.4%)

Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)

Read 293812 times
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Re: Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)
      Reply #3036: Aug 29, 2017 06:56:01 pm
      Justification to play for Brazil only that load of sh*te was..
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #3037: Aug 29, 2017 07:01:06 pm
      Really?....can't remember too many definitive statements the past 5 years.

What Suarez?...we told him he was not leaving that window and he didn't.

Yeah i typed that wrong mate. Typing, eating tea and watching tv.

Talking about past sales and not definitive statements.

What im saying is we always cave when it comes to our best players. Show enough cash and John and and Tom would sell their own mother's, even to a rival.

We need to make a statement here. If we cannot keep a player on a 5 year deal with no escape clause then we set a benchmark again for mane etc to follow when barca or madrid or bayern etc come for our top player(s) next summer and beyond.

If you keep selling they will keep coming back.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #3038: Aug 29, 2017 07:06:03 pm
      I hope your right dude I really do but where has all the Barca PR gone? It has been relentless for weeks, even after their supposed deadline. I can't imagine they have suddenly given up. And this Thomas Lemar bid(s) has come from out of nowhere, surely it would have been easier to buy the lad before half of his teammates have already flown the nest? We could have bid for him weeks ago.

All smells a bit fishy to me mate.

Too be fair after what he has done I couldn't really care less if the club cash in.

At least with Klopp we will spend wisely

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,430 posts | 6422 
      Reply #3039: Aug 29, 2017 07:06:13 pm
      Jungle drums suggesting phil will be leaving

Bascombe and Pearce say otherwise.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,991 posts | 241 
      Reply #3040: Aug 29, 2017 07:07:10 pm
      Really?....can't remember too many definitive statements the past 5 years.

What Suarez?...we told him he was not leaving that window and he didn't.

I dont have the exact transcripts (And, I know you have referred to the past 5 years):

1. When it was told to us that Torres was not for sale
      http://draft.liverpoolfc.com/news/media-watch/torres-seeks-to-leave-liverpool-fc

And, then he was sold

2. When it was told to us that Sterling was not for sale:
      http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/raheem-sterling-liverpool-insist-forward-is-not-for-sale-as-england-star-hints-at-move-10150545.html
      http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/9687456/Liverpools-Raheem-Sterling-not-for-sale-says-Brendan-Rodgers-and-clubs-bidding-would-be-wasting-their-time.html

3. Suarez was not sold because it was only Arsenal that bid and it was a derisory bid. Had it been a bigger club bidding more than 40mn and 1p, it would have been different (I know this is hypothetical and hence cannot be taken as a case in point)

4. Brendan categorically denied that we will be signing Balotelli:
      https://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/aug/03/liverpool-not-sign-milan-mario-balotelli-brendan-rodgers

LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #3041: Aug 29, 2017 07:10:00 pm
      Sell the c**t and use the money to rebuild the Annie. We can call it the "F**k Off Barca" end.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #3042: Aug 29, 2017 07:16:31 pm
      Yeah i typed that wrong mate. Typing, eating tea and watching tv.

Talking about past sales and not definitive statements.

What im saying is we always cave when it comes to our best players. Show enough cash and John and and Tom would sell their own mother's, even to a rival.

We need to make a statement here. If we cannot keep a player on a 5 year deal with no escape clause then we set a benchmark again for mane etc to follow when barca or madrid or bayern etc come for our top player(s) next summer and beyond.

If you keep selling they will keep coming back.

I think people need to realize that very few players love the clubs like the supporters do...those days are dead and gone.

Ask Jürgen if he want's a player that is not committed  but extremely talented or one that is extremely committed but not as talented?

I think you know the managers answer already.

If that is the case then it is the job of the club to get the best possible players in and the best possible price out.

FSG problem with Suarez money was them not trusting the manager at the time and really a hodge-podge system of player acquisition.

Again the only worry I have had in the past is getting money and wasting it like we did with Suarez....I don't see this manager wasting money on dross so players will come...players will go...they always have and they always will and we will carry on with the manager and his plans.

« Last Edit: Aug 29, 2017 07:24:31 pm by AZPatriot »
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,497 posts | 2868 
      Reply #3043: Aug 29, 2017 07:23:08 pm
      Van Dijk and Lemar for Cou anyone?

Need one more in if Coutinho's off (which I think he is).
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #3044: Aug 29, 2017 07:24:52 pm
      Plenty of twitters reporting that we have agreed to sell in a deal worth 160m.

If true i will be livid. We are not a selling club they tell us. Well we keep selling our best players .... so we are.

Say what you want about lemar. Swap coutinho for lemar and we are worse off ... AGAIN !!! He will take time to settle and he is only 21. Add to that lallana is injured until late november.

If they sell then buying lemar will not make any statement nor sugarcoat the fact they have lied ... made mugs of themselves again and sold our best player for the almighty dollar and using the excuse it was because he got a strop on.

Everyone knows we are a selling club ... when the money is right. Im trying to give them the benefit ... and if wrong il hold my hand up,  but in my heart i know they have bowed to the mighty barca again.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #3045: Aug 29, 2017 07:26:17 pm
      Everyone knows we are a selling club ... when the money is right. Im trying to give them the benefit ... and if wrong il hold my hand up,  but in my heart i know they have bowed to the mighty barca again.

Barca just sold Neymar...what does that make them?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #3046: Aug 29, 2017 07:26:30 pm
      Plenty of twitters reporting that we have agreed to sell in a deal worth 160m.

If true i will be livid. We are not a selling club they tell us. Well we keep selling our best players .... so we are.

Say what you want about lemar. Swap coutinho for lemar and we are worse off ... AGAIN !!! He will take time to settle and he is only 21. Add to that lallana is injured until late november.

If they sell then buying lemar will not make any statement nor sugarcoat the fact they have lied ... made mugs of themselves again and sold our best player for the almighty dollar and using the excuse it was because he got a strop on.

Sign VVD, Lemar, and Kovacic with that money and Cou will be forgotten about very very quickly my friend.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #3047: Aug 29, 2017 07:27:41 pm
      Need one more in if Coutinho's off (which I think he is).

Kovacic?
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #3048: Aug 29, 2017 07:27:51 pm
      Barca just sold Neymar...what does that make them?

Powerless as he had a buy out clause.

So whats the excuse for Coutinho?

They are cowboys and nobody believes a word they say. They will lose all credibility if they sell.
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #3049: Aug 29, 2017 07:30:27 pm
      Sign VVD, Lemar, and Kovacic with that money and Cou will be forgotten about very very quickly my friend.

You can say that .... but its the message it sends out.

5 year contract ... no get out clause ... mouth off for weeks we are not selling ... and then sell.

Well when mane, firmino and 1 or 2 others get offers ... they will just laugh at us when we tell them they are going nowhere ... and you couldnt blame them.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #3050: Aug 29, 2017 07:31:34 pm
      Powerless as he had a buy out clause.

So whats the excuse for Coutinho?

They are cowboys and nobody believes a word they say. They will lose all credibility if they sell.

Nobody believes anything you say either...1/2 the supporters want him out and are pissed....the other half want him to stay at all costs.

Either way somebody is going to be pissed off...only thing that matter is what Jürgen want's and as has been pointed out he words the last few weeks sure make it sound like he would rather him gone.

Only thing that matters is the manager is backed what you want or what I want means nothing.

Players come and players go..they always have and they always will; the only thing that matter is getting the most out of it and bringing the best you can in with it.
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #3051: Aug 29, 2017 07:34:54 pm
      Nobody believes anything you say either...1/2 the supporters want him out and are pissed....the other half want him to stay at all costs.

Either way somebody is going to be pissed off...only thing that matter is what Jürgen want's and as has been pointed out he words the last few weeks sure make it sound like he would rather him gone.

Only thing that matter is the manager is backed what you want or what I want means nothing.

If klopp wants him out then i support the manager.

But it does not change the fact that its easy to get out of liverpool ... throw a strop and we will give in.

Leipzig did not crack this summer and southampton wont either ... but we have.

We have money to spend they tell us ... yet once again its sell our best player to fund our summer business.

What is it i say that you dont believe? Im just stating my opinion.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #3052: Aug 29, 2017 07:35:57 pm
      Did I miss something?

Has Coutinho been sold?
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #3053: Aug 29, 2017 07:37:14 pm
      If klopp wants him out then i support the manager.

But it does not change the fact that its easy to get out of liverpool ... throw a strop and we will give in.

Actually what is your solution then...back the manager or give in?

Can't have it both ways now can you?

Let him rot in the ressies?...yah that puts out a fantastic vibe to top quality players who may want to come and the distraction will surely help the players that are actually playing play better right?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #3054: Aug 29, 2017 07:37:30 pm
      You can say that .... but its the message it sends out.

5 year contract ... no get out clause ... mouth off for weeks we are not selling ... and then sell.

Well when mane, firmino and 1 or 2 others get offers ... they will just laugh at us when we tell them they are going nowhere ... and you couldnt blame them.

I love Cou as a player.

But he's acted a total c**t the last few weeks and disrespected both the club and supporters.

If we sell him and improve the squad with new signings then I won't be too fussed.

If we sell and don't make quality signings before the window closes I'll be fuming.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #3055: Aug 29, 2017 07:38:15 pm
      If we sell him and improve the squad with new signings then I won't be too fussed.

If we sell and don't make quality signings before the window closes I'll be fuming.

This all day long.

You look at Sanchez at Arsenal...yeah he for sure wants to go but did he have a back problem?

Look at Mahrez at LC...hell he submitted a xfer request and yet he is giving it his all...no back problems it seems.

It all in the way you go about doing it...and like you said its all about how the club deal with it once they have the money.
      luckofirish8
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 454 posts | 20 
      Reply #3056: Aug 29, 2017 07:38:34 pm
      Did I miss something?

Has Coutinho been sold?

Twitter happened.
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #3057: Aug 29, 2017 07:39:29 pm
      Actually what is your solution then...back the manager or give in?

Can't have it both ways now can you?

Let him rot in the ressies?...yah that puts out a fantastic vibe to top quality players and the distraction will surely help the players that are actually playing play better right?

I just said to you ... if klopp wants him out i support that ?????

If klopp wants him i dont want him in the ressies ... i want him adding to our squad depth.

My main point is that we cant give in everytime a player on a 5 year deal throws a strop.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #3058: Aug 29, 2017 07:43:40 pm
      My main point is that we cant give in everytime a player on a 5 year deal throws a strop.

Well we can if the manager wants him out then can't we?

To be honest Can is probably gone next Summer but at least him not signing a new contract is an honest way of saying I am moving on.

This squad worked its arse off to get us to the CL qualifier and then one of our best players put it all in jeopardy because of his own wants...that right there is good enough for me to bin him...I don't care if he signed a new deal or not.

The manager has said time and time again its about the team not the individual...and its about the club not the individual....his whole thing is about attitude & commitment to each other.

Phil pissed on the manager, squad, supporters & club..I have no issues if the manager sees him as a dead man walking or any other player in the future that puts there own needs above his teammates.

In these scenarios the only thing that really matters (as Baz said) was quality back in.

Quick Reply