Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should LFC sell Coutinho to Barcelona in this transfer window?

Yes, sell now, leaves now.
      (20.4%)
      Yes, sell now,go in the summer
      (59.2%)
      No, he stays, what ever.
      (20.4%)

Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)

Read 287397 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6735 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)
      Reply #3243: Sep 02, 2017 02:27:21 am
      Agree except for the f**k off bit
      He does owe us and he needs to grow up and remember where he was 5 years ago and why at this point in time Barcelona want to sign him
      Because this club has given him the chance to grow and played a system to get the best out of him
      You can't sign a 5 year contract 6 months ago and then start playing up as he has.
      Clearly he has been poorly advised BUT he is a 25 year old MAN
      saying all of that, if he had come out during the early summer and wanted out then it would have given us time to have sorted this all out
      But he didn't and he has to live my his responsibilities to the club.
      He was, by the way, fantastic during his 30 mins outing for Brazil last night.....clearly the back pain has subsided.

Bud, he's as good as gone after this season, possibly even January.

I said F**k off to him due to the way he's carried himself during this process.

How can he want out of this Club so badly, all of a sudden, when we have the players of the calibre of Mane, Salah and hiss supposed best mateat the Club in Bobby. F***ing pisses me off no end.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #3244: Sep 02, 2017 02:51:43 am
      Agree.
      Whole saga is sad and depressing
      Jürgen has clearly been constructing a team and system to get the best out of Phil after prior management pluckedhim  basically from  inter Milan from reserves and gave him a trusted role, contract and team shirt number.
      The club offers him a great contract, he signs and now we find ourselves in this position 6 months later
      The root cause is entirely him and his management team.
      The fact now is that he isn't leaving over the course of the next 4 months at the very least and has to get back into the mindset of doing all he can to regain the managers, the fans and the football community's faith (because I think most smart sports fans would have found his behaviors to to have been poor boarding on abhorant) and get his career, in a World Cup year, back on track
      Think he will but personally, he will never gain my true love and respect again. Shame as he is one hell of a player at times.....thanks to our club.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6735 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #3245: Sep 02, 2017 04:21:35 am
      Agree.
      Whole saga is sad and depressing
      Jürgen has clearly been constructing a team and system to get the best out of Phil after prior management pluckedhim  basically from  inter Milan from reserves and gave him a trusted role, contract and team shirt number.
      The club offers him a great contract, he signs and now we find ourselves in this position 6 months later
      The root cause is entirely him and his management team.
      The fact now is that he isn't leaving over the course of the next 4 months at the very least and has to get back into the mindset of doing all he can to regain the managers, the fans and the football community's faith (because I think most smart sports fans would have found his behaviors to to have been poor boarding on abhorant) and get his career, in a World Cup year, back on track
      Think he will but personally, he will never gain my true love and respect again. Shame as he is one hell of a player at times.....thanks to our club.

Spotfuckingon mate.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #3246: Sep 02, 2017 06:34:27 am
      How does JK handle this now? Personally there has to be time on the bench for me there is no way he can stroll back in the team . The players will know everything and  someone shouldnt be moved out just to suit him . Make him sweat and realize the implications of his actions. Klopp will not piss about and will monitor his attitude before integrating him back in
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #3247: Sep 02, 2017 06:53:18 am
      Agree except for the f**k off bit
      He does owe us and he needs to grow up and remember where he was 5 years ago and why at this point in time Barcelona want to sign him
      Because this club has given him the chance to grow and played a system to get the best out of him
      You can't sign a 5 year contract 6 months ago and then start playing up as he has.
      Clearly he has been poorly advised BUT he is a 25 year old MAN
      saying all of that, if he had come out during the early summer and wanted out then it would have given us time to have sorted this all out
      But he didn't and he has to live my his responsibilities to the club.
      He was, by the way, fantastic during his 30 mins outing for Brazil last night.....clearly the back pain has subsided.

The F**k off bit is exactly what he deserves, he didn't care about the club and left us and the gaffer scrambling for excuses when he decided he won't play 1 day before the season, creating a toxic atmosphere in the dressing room. Imagine what Klopp went through to maintain the harmony, imagine how the dressing room is looking at his behaviour. He let us down before some crucial games (the playoffs against Hoffenheim). He should be thankful he isn't booed the moment he steps foot on the grass of Anfield.
      shawspeed
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 566 posts | 128 
      Reply #3248: Sep 02, 2017 07:05:59 am
      The f**k off bit is exactly what he deserves, he didn't care about the club and left us and the gaffer scrambling for excuses when he decided he won't play 1 day before the season, creating a toxic atmosphere in the dressing room. Imagine what Klopp went through to maintain the harmony, imagine how the dressing room is looking at his behaviour. He let us down before some crucial games (the playoffs against Hoffenheim). He should be thankful he isn't booed the moment he steps foot on the grass of Anfield.

Sad to say but it wouldn't surprise me if he is booed next time he's at Anfield.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #3249: Sep 02, 2017 07:07:40 am
      Sad to say but it wouldn't surprise me if he is booed next time he's at Anfield.

He is currently in the same bracket as Sterling for alot of Reds.
      Don77

• 6,543 posts | 1092 
      Reply #3250: Sep 02, 2017 07:10:44 am
      The f**k off bit is exactly what he deserves, he didn't care about the club and left us and the gaffer scrambling for excuses when he decided he won't play 1 day before the season, creating a toxic atmosphere in the dressing room. Imagine what Klopp went through to maintain the harmony, imagine how the dressing room is looking at his behaviour. He let us down before some crucial games (the playoffs against Hoffenheim). He should be thankful he isn't booed the moment he steps foot on the grass of Anfield.

Some will boo him i think. I would not. But I have lost all respect for him and he will not get that back.

I can see him becoming the first player not to play due to stress/depression.

Stories this morning of him crying before the brazil game. The media here and in spain need to accept they failed. Cou needs to man up and accept he failed.

He would not get back into melwood before he issued a full apology to the manager and the whole squad.

Melwood is a place for Liverpool players who are 100% for eachother and the cause. It is not a place for soft ar*es crying over their own spilled milk like a big baby who did not get his way.

People say players are players and will understand ... no chance ... he put the whole squads effort last season to get that cl qualifier at risk ... working with his agent and barca to sabotage us before matches ... especially the hoffenheim games that he could not be bothered to turn up to.

October/late october should be when he returns to thec starting lineup ... id want to see 4 weeks of proper training and perfect professionalism and behaviour before i trusted him again.

Great player .... but ive lost all respect and love for coutinho the man.

Sad.
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,035 posts | 69 
      Reply #3251: Sep 02, 2017 07:50:08 am
      Should be used as cover if Mane or Salah gets injured or need resting...only. Can be used in the No 10 position but I think that was in Klopps plans for Coutinho in the long term and I think Coutinho will push again in January if he doesn't make an agreement with the club to stay the whole season. We have players now like the OX who turned down a lucrative contract at Arsenal and the Chavs to play for us, players like this should have the chance of game time over "Mr Barcalona".
      Jimsouse67

• 9,490 posts | 1478 
      Reply #3252: Sep 02, 2017 08:51:19 am
      I'm glad this whole saga is done with for the mean time but as many of us know it wont be the end of the matter as I do feel the lad will be gone at some point it's  just a question of when.
      The two things that fu**ed me off most was the timing of all this & the fact he was complicit in all of it,I don't buy into the notion that most players are by enlarge led astray by there agents,he is 25 & at that age I'm sure you are able to speak up for yourself but he didn't,so for me Phil knew what he was doing and he was happy to let his agent do his bidding.
      Regarding his so called back injury I have a theory that maybe that was something that was dreamt up by the club & the gaffer as an instant excuse to not have to have him play for the reds until his head was straight ( a kind of gardening leave if you like) because as we all know it was the start of the new season and we had a very important European qualifier to play in & I think the boss didn't want him anywhere near the first team with the stakes so high,some may point to the fact that why did we let him go on international duty?  well that would also serve a purpose it keeps him away from melwood & from unsettling the first team and taking away the focus at hand from the lads as the stunt he pulled can be poisonous ,don't get me wrong I'm not sticking up for him I'm just putting it out there as I sometimes don't always see things as black & white and I think it's a fair point.
      On a personal level he can apologise all he likes it won't wash with me as I'm a firm believer in the saying
      'What is done can't be undone'
      And while some reds may forgive a great many  certainly won't forget.
      so my message to Phil is your still a Liverpool player till such a time WE decide if & when we let you go ,so get your f**king boots polished,knuckle down & crack on with the job your paid to do.
      « Last Edit: Sep 02, 2017 08:57:31 am by Jimsouse67 »
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #3253: Sep 02, 2017 09:11:17 am
      Just get him back, get all the formalities out of the way and get him playing again, at present he's a LFC player and on a different level to Gini, Hendo, Ox, Can, Milner et all.

We may find in some games we'll need a little Brazilian magic to unlock the most stubborn defence as we have several times before, do whats best for LFC regarding Coutinho and that's having him fit and ready to help us win games.

Here's a thought to ponder, what if Couts goes on to have an incredible season for us and has a complete change of heart and states unequivocally that his future is at LFC?

Not beyond the realms of possibility if we have a good season and the wheels fall off at Barca as many are predicting.
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #3254: Sep 02, 2017 09:52:30 am
      He has to apologize (of course we all know he will lie, but just for the sake of saving all our faces). Then I'd like LFC to announce that C. will stay till 2022 to prevent the same sh*t in the following years. Anyways, why do so many people assume that he will be gone after next season when he has a contract and no buy-out clause? He's one of our most talented players, just extended his contract, why should we let him go now or in 1 year or 2 years? I don't understand this, did I miss something?
      « Last Edit: Sep 02, 2017 09:59:44 am by Pippen »
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,543 posts | 1481 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #3256: Sep 02, 2017 12:33:43 pm
      Basically a 'we're not selling, so here's a price we know you won't pay so F**k off'.... as much as I hate we didn't sign a CB gotta give credit for us not being bullied by them.
      Kopite78
      Reply #3257: Sep 02, 2017 12:37:03 pm

I like how he says that they won't get involved in an inflated market and that we wanted 200m for just one player

Er..... along with psg they set this inflated market  :tosser:
      Don77

• 6,543 posts | 1092 
      Reply #3258: Sep 02, 2017 03:02:43 pm
      Just get him back, get all the formalities out of the way and get him playing again, at present he's a LFC player and on a different level to Gini, Hendo, Ox, Can, Milner et all.

We may find in some games we'll need a little Brazilian magic to unlock the most stubborn defence as we have several times before, do whats best for LFC regarding Coutinho and that's having him fit and ready to help us win games.

Here's a thought to ponder, what if Couts goes on to have an incredible season for us and has a complete change of heart and states unequivocally that his future is at LFC?

Not beyond the realms of possibility if we have a good season and the wheels fall off at Barca as many are predicting.

Thats the only way he will win back my affection long term .... if he stays long term.

I think barca are in decline .... but outside the top 3 or 4 the rest are just fodder so they will still finish 2nd no doubt.

But the point you make about next summer is a valid one and one that i hope turns out to be the way it works out.

The point do not agree on is that he walks back in the team.

I think he gets back from brazil next thursday giving him just friday for training.

I doubt that will be long enough for klopp to judge his mood / mental state and motivation for the season ahead.

I think bench at best for city and he will be monitored aftet that. If the attitude is good and his effort in training is at maximun then it wont be long before he is starting matches.

But after the hassle he has caused to just drop gini or can for example straight away would be wrong imo.
      BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #3259: Sep 02, 2017 03:09:18 pm
      https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/sep/02/barcelona-liverpool-philippe-coutinho-deadline-day?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

What a bunch of spiteful c**ts.

I really didn't have all that much against Barca, even with their history of poaching and evading the sanctions their actions' deserve. But their behavior in the past month has really pissed me off.

F**k Barca, I hope this round of panick-buys puts them in a real slump.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #3260: Sep 02, 2017 03:39:50 pm
      https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/sep/02/barcelona-liverpool-philippe-coutinho-deadline-day?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

What a bunch of spiteful c**ts.

I really didn't have all that much against Barca, even with their history of poaching and evading the sanctions their actions' deserve. But their behavior in the past month has really pissed me off.

F**k Barca, I hope this round of panick-buys puts them in a real slump.
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41134630

The Anfield club regard Barcelona's claim as "absolutely false".
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,201 posts | 836 
      Reply #3261: Sep 02, 2017 04:15:42 pm
      Barca trying to stir sh*t as usual :D

pretentious assholes
      Don77

• 6,543 posts | 1092 
      Reply #3262: Sep 02, 2017 04:18:37 pm
      They have to have the last word don't they. They got told to f**k off. End of story.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,990 posts | 240 
      Reply #3263: Sep 02, 2017 04:34:18 pm
      Wannabe Madrid..Pretentious socios.. Bitter cu*ts.

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #3264: Sep 02, 2017 06:41:45 pm
      Barca players in bold that will be retired soon, with their ages.

Suarez 30   

Messi 30                      Dembele 20

Iniesta 33  Busquets 29  Rakitic 29

Alba 28 Pique 30 Untiti 23  Samedo 23

Ter  Sergen 25

:lmao:

Liverpool players

Mane 25     Firmino 25    Salah 25

Coutinho 25
                    Can 23           Gini 26

TAA 18   Matip 26   Lovren 28       Roberton 23

Karius 24

If we get Barca in knockout stages, the last 20 minutes will be nice.
      DanMann

• 5,761 posts | 886 
      Reply #3265: Sep 02, 2017 07:12:09 pm
      We thank the player for the efforts he made, because he did make a big effort and showed he wanted to play for us.

:roll:

Coutinho was doing everything Barcelona wanted him to do. Everything he did was a deliberate action. No agent nonsense. Just the player trying to force our club into selling him.

No excuses when he comes back.

I don't even think he will pretend either. I'm not expecting an "apology". The lad does not care.

Quick Reply