Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should LFC sell Coutinho to Barcelona in this transfer window?

Yes, sell now, leaves now.
      (20.4%)
      Yes, sell now,go in the summer
      (59.2%)
      No, he stays, what ever.
      (20.4%)

Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)

Read 287167 times
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Re: Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)
      Reply #3818: Jan 05, 2018 05:40:33 pm
      Given he's our third highest goal scorer, and has the joint most assists, then yeah, it does. He can f**k off in the Summer if he wants but we shouldn't be selling our top talent mid-campaign. Also, Balague has no contacts at Liverpool, only with Barcelona and we all know how full of sh*t they are.

Obviously not mate if at least 2 players have more goals and one is on equal assists.

Quite the opposite in my eyes.

We have plenty of goals and creativity without him. Good player absolutely, the end of the season when he goes, absolutely not.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #3819: Jan 05, 2018 06:10:33 pm
      I have no doubt that he’ll become the best player in the world

Really?? Better than Messi, Ronaldo, Hazard, De Bruyne to name but a few.

I actually think he might fade into the background a bit at Barca, especially if he hits one of his regular fallow periods
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #3820: Jan 05, 2018 06:14:12 pm
      I don't think there is a lot of like for like this January Stu.....as good as someone like Lemar is he is not at the same level as Phil...everybody else will be cup tied for the CL.

Personally I am starting to warm to the idea of going out and getting Mahrez now and spending the rest this Summer on Lemar and some others.

Couts is very good, but actually not that essential for the system we play, he adds an important extra attack option but its one of many, you guys need to chill out a bit with the depression that its all doom and gloom if we sell.

BTW I totally agree with going after Mahrez, I've always liked him as a player.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #3821: Jan 05, 2018 06:21:11 pm
      Couts is very good, but actually not that essential for the system we play, he adds an important extra attack option but its one of many, you guys need to chill out a bit with the depression that its all doom and gloom if we sell.

BTW I totally agree with going after Mahrez, I've always liked him as a player.

The problem with going after a Lemar or a Mahrez is that they Are both left footed as are Salah and Mane. We will miss the impact Coutinho makes in central areas more than anything else, particularly as Jürgen likes to play inverted wingers with the full backs providing the width. We will also miss his set pieces and his ability to play off both feet, ability to dribble out of tight areas and stop start with the ball glued to his feet. Salah has been incredible thus far but have no doubt we are about to sell our best player who is still improving all the time.

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #3822: Jan 05, 2018 06:33:53 pm
      The problem with going after a Lemar or a Mahrez is that they Are both left footed as are Salah and Mane. We will miss the impact Coutinho makes in central areas more than anything else, particularly as Jürgen likes to play inverted wingers with the full backs providing the width. We will also miss his set pieces and his ability to play off both feet, ability to dribble out of tight areas and stop start with the ball glued to his feet. Salah has been incredible thus far but have no doubt we are about to sell our best player who is still improving all the time.

I don’t think Sadio is left footed mate.
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,817 posts | 471 
      Reply #3823: Jan 05, 2018 06:37:16 pm
      F***ing €60m in shitty add ons. It should be £160m upfront take it or leave it. Bunch of cu*ts

^^^^
      This, no ffnn add ons, cold hard cash please

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,455 posts | 4584 
      Reply #3824: Jan 05, 2018 06:38:25 pm

Ederson has verified this... ;)
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #3825: Jan 05, 2018 06:55:37 pm

Add to that:
      - he was on STRIKE at the start of the season
      - looks like he is now on strike now again, and
      - HE DOESN'T WANT TO F***ing PLAY FOR US ANYMORE!!!!!!

Call me old fashioned but fuckit, no matter how much I like him, don't want players around who don't want to play for us.
      There's other reasons I'd do the deal in Jan - but that's the main one.
      Sick of this F***ing sh*t, disrespecting the club, and everyone associated with it.

We stood our ground in the summer cause Barca were dicking around on the deal.
      Looks like Barca are now going to stump up - and it should be a LOT.
      Get it done.

Jürgen is slowly building a strong side. If Phil goes, Jürgen has OK'ed it. And I trust him to invest the cash wisely.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #3826: Jan 05, 2018 06:58:19 pm

Well that was a helluva finish at Burnley with his weaker foot! It wasn't a rocket
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1029 
      Reply #3827: Jan 05, 2018 07:03:05 pm
      Well that was a helluva finish at Burnley with his weaker foot! It wasn't a rocket
      Scored that stunner against Arsenal at the beginning of the season as well. Pretty strong with both feet.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #3828: Jan 05, 2018 07:54:11 pm
      I don't get why Phil would want to leave in Jan. He has a chance to compete in the knockout stages of the champions league - something he has worked towards for the last 5 years at the club.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,543 posts | 1481 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #3829: Jan 05, 2018 10:06:55 pm
      I’d love a proper striker with the money, dunno how much he’s going for now but imagine Aubameyang playing alongside the other two top three African players....

Migs
      Arnold Matip Dijk Robbo
                 Can Gini
         Salah Firmino Mane
                    Aubs

All top three African players as fast as lightning, would terrify other teams that.... then Keita taking Cans place there, decent keeper in.... that’d look like a title winning side to me... or maybe it’s my fifa brain talking....
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #3830: Jan 05, 2018 10:12:40 pm

Migs
      Arnold Matip Dijk Robbo
                 Can Gini
         Salah Firmino Mane
                    Aubs

Ouch.

AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,543 posts | 1481 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #3831: Jan 05, 2018 10:14:45 pm
      I know  :f_wah:
      At least Keita will be here soon!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #3832: Jan 05, 2018 10:16:51 pm
      I know  :f_wah:
      At least Keita will be here soon!

Not soon enough unfortunately. Hopefully he makes an instant impact like Salah and VVD.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #3833: Jan 05, 2018 10:17:08 pm
      Another 3 points to lump into the 'no-Coutinho' stat-attack  :f_run:
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1029 
      Reply #3834: Jan 05, 2018 10:22:54 pm
      Another 3 points to lump into the 'no-Coutinho' stat-attack  :f_run:
      Yeah mate, if anything, shows how misleading that stat can be. Thought we lacked creativity for much of the game and didn’t create a whole lot of clear cut chances. I feel if Coutinho had been starting we may not have been in the position of needing a last minute goal.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #3835: Jan 05, 2018 10:47:22 pm
      Yeah mate, if anything, shows how misleading that stat can be. Thought we lacked creativity for much of the game and didn’t create a whole lot of clear cut chances. I feel if Coutinho had been starting we may not have been in the position of needing a last minute goal.
      Coutinho offers little in defence though. Whatever he created can be offset by goals conceeded. Not blaming him for anything, but with Coutinho maybe today is 3-2 i instead of 2-1. He's a bit on the small side and never puts a challenge in. I think we'd do better with a bit of an all rounded player like Gerrard was.
      « Last Edit: Jan 05, 2018 10:59:37 pm by Ribapuru »
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #3836: Jan 05, 2018 11:22:39 pm
      for people that don't know yet...

https://twitter.com/xxx/status/949409772264095744

F**k it, I am on board with Mahrez coming in. Make it happen and get rid of that c**t.
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #3837: Jan 05, 2018 11:27:45 pm
      Really looks like they let him leave right now. Unbelievable. The c*nt signs a 5 year contract just one year ago and still is able to blackmail his escape. I wonder if Klopp lost his patience and just let him leave to get over with and to get cash.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #3838: Jan 05, 2018 11:33:27 pm
      Really looks like they let him leave right now. Unbelievable. The c*nt signs a 5 year contract just one year ago and still is able to blackmail his escape. I wonder if Klopp lost his patience and just let him leave to get over with and to get cash.
      seems Liverpool letting him go for £145m. Leaves us with £70m for Mahrez.
      Mahrez and VVD in and Coutinho out?
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #3839: Jan 05, 2018 11:57:47 pm
      Feck Mahrez imho, don't need another winger, reckon we need a younger Modric or a Rakatic or someone like that, creative mid type - would love Rakatic to be part of the deal, but not gonna happen.

Starting to see reports that a deal done:
      Liverpool will receive a fee of £142million
      https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/900747/Philippe-Coutinho-Liverpool-Barcelona-fee-agreed-La-Liga-transfer-news-gossip
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #3840: Jan 06, 2018 12:11:05 am
      Feck Mahrez imho, don't need another winger, reckon we need a younger Modric or a Rakatic or someone like that, creative mid type - would love Rakatic to be part of the deal, but not gonna happen.

Starting to see reports that a deal done:
      Liverpool will receive a fee of £142million
      https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/900747/Philippe-Coutinho-Liverpool-Barcelona-fee-agreed-La-Liga-transfer-news-gossip

I like Rakatic, but I see him more of a industrial box-boxer, but a far better footballer than what we have! The only Barca player I want from their midfield is Sergi Roberto.

I think If Mahrez is comfortable playing as the 10, I'd take him, but my preference is a defense minded deep lying playmaker (Jorginho).

Quick Reply