Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Bayern [Champions League] Tue 19th Feb @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Anfield

Today is the 18th of February and on this date LFC's match record is P22 W14 D5 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should LFC sell Coutinho to Barcelona in this transfer window?

Yes, sell now, leaves now.
      (20.4%)
      Yes, sell now,go in the summer
      (59.2%)
      No, he stays, what ever.
      (20.4%)

Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)

Read 131923 times
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,594 posts | 833 
      Re: Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)
      Reply #4110: Jan 07, 2018 01:13:02 pm
      The only surprise here is how many of you truly believed that this would not happen... Go luck to him, I bare him no ill will, If in future we hope to keep players like him we need to be up there every season challenging for the top stop, and NO that does not mean a CL breath. It mean the premier league title itself... What has Coutinho to show for his time at Liverpool...? not even a Cup winners, or a Runners up medal... Lets hope that the owners make all the Coutinho money (something i have my doubts will happen) available to Klopp to improve the team... For in the end that's all we can really hope for
      trebor12
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts | 60 
      Reply #4111: Jan 07, 2018 01:48:06 pm
      So Coutinho has gone, he will be a loss but I think the club had to let him go now as he just didn't want to be here. Theres rumours of a replacement but what are you going to get in that he gives the team. He takes the free kicks and really well. He picks up the ball from deep and creates and can score from outside the box. That is what we need to replace. So who is this player that we are going to get in January who can do all that without us taking a risk.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,658 posts | 144 
      Reply #4112: Jan 07, 2018 01:58:36 pm
      So Coutinho has gone, he will be a loss but I think the club had to let him go now as he just didn't want to be here. Theres rumours of a replacement but what are you going to get in that he gives the team. He takes the free kicks and really well. He picks up the ball from deep and creates and can score from outside the box. That is what we need to replace. So who is this player that we are going to get in January who can do all that without us taking a risk.

Can ask Stevie to dust his boots....
      Kopite78
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,651 posts | 1689 
      Reply #4113: Jan 07, 2018 02:21:03 pm
      The only surprise here is how many of you truly believed that this would not happen... Go luck to him, I bare him no ill will, If in future we hope to keep players like him we need to be up there every season challenging for the top stop, and NO that does not mean a CL breath. It mean the premier league title itself... What has Coutinho to show for his time at Liverpool...? not even a Cup winners, or a Runners up medal... Lets hope that the owners make all the Coutinho money (something i have my doubts will happen) available to Klopp to improve the team... For in the end that's all we can really hope for

Not that it counts for much but yeah he's had a few runners up medals in his time
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 753 posts | 210 
      Reply #4114: Jan 07, 2018 02:30:37 pm
      Thanks for the fun goals, thanks for creativity on the pitch, and thanks for everything in between. With all that said you didn't win anything here and you didn't make us dream. You don't wanna be part of the YNWA army anymore, and that's on you. F**k ya, walking on "With Hope in my Heart".
      Liverpool1990
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 106 posts | 19 
      Reply #4115: Jan 07, 2018 02:54:06 pm
      Lack of ambition sees yet another top player leave, salah will be next and I cannot blame him either

We’ve essentially swapped countinho for oxlade chamberlain and for that we deserve everything we get if we miss out on top 4
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,594 posts | 833 
      Reply #4116: Jan 07, 2018 03:09:52 pm
      Not that it counts for much but yeah he's had a few runners up medals in his time
      Sorry Kopite, i guess it's true what they say "No one remembers who came second" Point being Coutinho is gone, and old news. Lets move on
      Liverpool1990
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 106 posts | 19 
      Reply #4117: Jan 07, 2018 03:26:34 pm
      Sorry Kopite, i guess it's true what they say "No one remembers who came second" Point being Coutinho is gone, and old news. Lets move on

If we signed someone else we could move on, however this does not look likely so how can we move on losing a superstar and replacing them with nobody, our midfield had creativity only with countinho, we’ve now got a midfield with as much creativity as the days under hodgeson when we fielded Poulsen and miralles
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,613 posts | 308 
      Reply #4118: Jan 07, 2018 03:47:08 pm
      £140m. The money is just too good. At a certain price all of us would sell. Different levels for different fans. For FSG it’s £140m, one of the highest transfer fees in history.

Well I guess most of us, we value him at above £200m. Some of us wouldn’t sell for £1b cold hard cash.

That’s life.
      Liverpool1990
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 106 posts | 19 
      Reply #4119: Jan 07, 2018 03:50:05 pm
      £140m. The money is just too good. At a certain price all of us would sell. Different levels for different fans. For FSG it’s £140m, one of the highest transfer fees in history.

Well I guess most of us, we value him at above £200m. Some of us wouldn’t sell for £1b cold hard cash.

That’s life.

Would you take £140 and europa league while we rebuild? Spending the money trying to find a player as good as him?
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,403 posts | 126 
      Reply #4120: Jan 07, 2018 03:50:12 pm
      A bit shocked saw this this morning. Although I'm sure as the sun will rise on the east in the morning that Coutinho will leave us but I don't expect the club let him go in January.
      And what's worst imo is we let him go without completion of his replacement.
      Sure with Klopp in charge I'm not expect to see the like of Ricky Lambert but I'm not confident we could get the top quality replacement in this window.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,403 posts | 126 
      Reply #4121: Jan 07, 2018 04:00:26 pm
      I'm still feel bad of this, and a bit drunk, so I've a question here for fun :
      Do you happy if Klopp not sign Coutinho replacement this January but he manage to get Naby in this month instead ?
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,613 posts | 308 
      Reply #4122: Jan 07, 2018 04:01:35 pm
      Would you take £140 and europa league while we rebuild? Spending the money trying to find a player as good as him?

I’ll be more concerned losing him for £0 like Can if he runs down his contract, whom you could potentially cash out for £140m in January 2018. CL money if we win the damn thing is less than €100m.

He doesn’t want to be here. Take the money and run. Get a decent replacement and don’t make the same big money Carroll, Benteke transfer mistakes.

I guess you’ll only sell if Barca stuffed £3b in your pocket? The numbers do stack up. Not a terrible deal at all, excluding the fans’ footballing soul.
      Liverpool1990
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 106 posts | 19 
      Reply #4123: Jan 07, 2018 04:17:24 pm
      I’ll be more concerned losing him for £0 like Can if he runs down his contract, whom you could potentially cash out for £140m in January 2018. CL money if we win the damn thing is less than €100m.

He doesn’t want to be here. Take the money and run. Get a decent replacement and don’t make the same big money Carroll, Benteke transfer mistakes.

I guess you’ll only sell if Barca stuffed £3b in your pocket? The numbers do stack up. Not a terrible deal at all, excluding the fans’ footballing soul.

Coutinho has 4 years left on his contract we had time, and should have made him stay till the summer. We could still have got plenty for him in the summer while giving us chance to get in replacements for decent sums, now everyone thinks we have plenty to spend so we will have to pay top sum, none of what we have done benefits us.

There’s already talk of Firmino being unhappy now his mate has left.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,403 posts | 126 
      Reply #4124: Jan 07, 2018 04:26:50 pm
      What funny the most is, people on here say they still want to keep Daniel Sturridge with the hope he may help us through this season.
      And here, we have people who say they don't worry losing Coutinho.
      F**k me !
      Liverpool1990
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 106 posts | 19 
      Reply #4125: Jan 07, 2018 04:28:58 pm
      What funny the most is, people on here say they still want to keep Daniel Sturridge with the hope he may help us through this season.
      And here, we have people who say they don't worry losing Coutinho.
      F**k me !

I’ve also heard people say woodburn can replace coutinho, or chamberlain. It’s getting really embarrassing to be honest.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,669 posts | 463 
      Reply #4126: Jan 07, 2018 04:31:24 pm
      Eh f**k him long gone are the days I get attached to players (thanks Torres).

Lets just hope this doesn't distract us too much from the city game. 3 points after losing this c**t would send a hell of a message.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,458 posts | 336 
      Reply #4127: Jan 07, 2018 04:35:39 pm
      Can anyone in their right (or any other kind) of mind imagine Hazard or De Bruyne leaving their respective clubs mid season? Can next to go. Who next? Will we say no to £150M for Salah?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,781 posts | 1591 
      Reply #4128: Jan 07, 2018 04:39:01 pm
      Don't be ridiculous Cou is a world class player entering his prime he's a massive loss.

We are now left with Lallana and Ox to fill the void left by Cou who are nowhere near his class.

You can find all the silver linings you want to mate but the bottom line is we are now a weaker team.

Sure VVD is quality and will improve us defensively but I guarantee we will struggle to score goals in games for the rest of the season.

Will we struggle in the way we have struggled in all the games where he hasn't played and where we have a higher win ratio? I think VVD will help massively defensively and that has been our weak point for a very long time. The loss of Couts will hardly be felt as we have plenty of high quality attacking options beside him.
      heimdall

• 7,781 posts | 1591 
      Reply #4129: Jan 07, 2018 04:41:00 pm
      Can ask Stevie to dust his boots....

In all seriousness Stevie was twice the midfielder Phil will ever be
      Liverpool1990
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 106 posts | 19 
      Reply #4130: Jan 07, 2018 04:41:37 pm
      Anyone that thinks the loss of countinho will hardly be noticed are in for a big shock these next few months, but they’ll probably do what most Liverpool fans seem to do and bury their head in the sand waiting till next summer and claim this year is our year, we need to wake up here guys, enough is enough and we deserve more.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,403 posts | 126 
      Reply #4131: Jan 07, 2018 04:44:04 pm
      Can anyone in their right (or any other kind) of mind imagine Hazard or De Bruyne leaving their respective clubs mid season? Can next to go. Who next? Will we say no to £150M for Salah?

I'm not give a f**k about Can going.
      But if Salah keep his form throughout this season and also next season I will start worry about him (read somewhere R.Madrid want him already but at this moment I think it's just a clickbaits)
      But one thing for sure, In Klopp I (still) Trust !
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,458 posts | 336 
      Reply #4132: Jan 07, 2018 04:49:44 pm
      Anyone that thinks the loss of countinho will hardly be noticed are in for a big shock these next few months, but they’ll probably do what most Liverpool fans seem to do and bury their head in the sand waiting till next summer and claim this year is our year, we need to wake up here guys, enough is enough and we deserve more.

I think we’ll actually be ok without I just hate the precedent set. A marker has been laid whereby if you kick up enough of a fuss you’ll get your way. The club should have had some backbone and said under no circumstances are you going in January months ago so don’t even waste your energy. But of course there was a certain £75M to find for VVD
      heimdall

• 7,781 posts | 1591 
      Reply #4133: Jan 07, 2018 05:21:48 pm

I 100% guarantee you that if someone offered around £150-160m for Hazard and he acted like how Couts did, ie agitating for a move away, then Chelsea would sell.
      There quite simply comes a point where there is no point in keeping an unhappy player in the club, especially if offered £140m for him.
      ConzS
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,298 posts | 370 
      Reply #4134: Jan 07, 2018 05:22:54 pm
      Your first post really has set the precedent hasn’t it? Didn’t need the subsequent 28 posts all repeating the same bs and referring to ‘Liverpool fans’ rather than ‘us’ or ‘we’. Either you’re not really a Liverpool fan and here to get a rise or a glass half empty kinda guy.
      Liverpool1990
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 106 posts | 19 
      Reply #4135: Jan 07, 2018 05:27:15 pm
      Your first post really has set the precedent hasn’t it? Didn’t need the subsequent 28 posts all repeating the same bs and referring to ‘Liverpool fans’ rather than ‘us’ or ‘we’. Either you’re not really a Liverpool fan and here to get a rise or a glass half empty kinda guy.

When it comes to these owners and the way the club is run I’m glass half empty because they’ve done nothing for us in terms of on the pitch success.

I’ll aupport the club but I will not support the owners decisions to destroy this team
      SuperSkrtel
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 384 posts |
      Reply #4136: Jan 07, 2018 05:36:12 pm
      At the end of the day we bought him cheap he lit up the place for a couple of years and in my opinion was our best number 10 since Barnes and we have sold him for an absolute fortune not because we wanted to but because like Suarez and Mascherano before him he wanted to play in Spain.

I would be much more p***ed off with him if he had come in half a**ed it while he was here and jogged on on a free at the first opportunity like Can has and nobody seems to be calling him a c***.

Its been a bit of a pain all the speculation and the way he acted in the last few months has left a bit of a sour taste but overall Coutinho being here has been positive for the club and I for one wish him if not the best cos he is not a Liverpool player anymore at least no ill will anyway no one is bigger than the club YNWA
      heimdall

• 7,781 posts | 1591 
      Reply #4137: Jan 07, 2018 05:38:54 pm
      When it comes to these owners and the way the club is run I’m glass half empty because they’ve done nothing for us in terms of on the pitch success.

I’ll aupport the club but I will not support the owners decisions to destroy this team

Explain buying VVD, how does that destroy the team??
      Liverpool1990
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 106 posts | 19 
      Reply #4138: Jan 07, 2018 05:49:46 pm
      Explain buying VVD, how does that destroy the team??

1 step forward and 2 back

Not the best way to run a club
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,369 posts | 2199 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #4139: Jan 07, 2018 05:57:45 pm
      I’ve also heard people say woodburn can replace coutinho, or chamberlain. It’s getting really embarrassing to be honest.

The only thing embarrassing is your contribution to this site.

Quick Reply