Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should LFC sell Coutinho to Barcelona in this transfer window?

Yes, sell now, leaves now.
      (20.4%)
      Yes, sell now,go in the summer
      (59.2%)
      No, he stays, what ever.
      (20.4%)

Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)

Read 287173 times
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Re: Philippe Coutinho - Barcelona
      Reply #69: Jul 21, 2017 09:02:04 pm
      72 million is a good fair offer... as a deposit.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Philippe Coutinho - Barcelona
      Reply #70: Jul 21, 2017 10:29:22 pm
      They were always to come calling for him. They offer 90mill and he's gone IMO.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Re: Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)
      Reply #71: Jul 21, 2017 10:35:47 pm
      Not for sale at any price.
      Not a selling club according to Jürgen.
      I give up if we sell him.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #72: Jul 21, 2017 10:40:24 pm
      They were always to come calling for him. They offer 90mill and he's gone IMO.

Ehh...If Kyle Walker is going for £50 million at the FB position, we are bidding £75 million for Keita (who has one season in the Bundesliga) and Mbappe is reportedly worth £115 million at 18 years old with one season in Ligue1; I would think it would take a bit more than that for a just turned 25 year old Brazilian national who they are looking at as Iniesta's long term replacement and has 4 years PL experience.

£120,000,000+ would be suitable imo.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #73: Jul 21, 2017 10:49:54 pm
      Not for sale at any price.
      Not a selling club according to Jürgen.
      I give up if we sell him.

FSG might as well give up if we sell him. Failing to land their major transfer targets and selling the club's best player would leave their position as owners completely untennable. The supporter base would go into full meltdown.
      DanMann

• 5,761 posts | 884 
      Reply #74: Jul 21, 2017 11:06:34 pm
      FSG might as well give up if we sell him. Failing to land their major transfer targets and selling the club's best player would leave their position as owners completely untennable. The supporter base would go into full meltdown.

Who's fault would that be if the clubs refused to sell us the key players we want? Not FSG, but Klopp who targeted them.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #75: Jul 21, 2017 11:08:54 pm
      Who's fault would that be if the clubs refused to sell us the key players we want? Not FSG, but Klopp who targeted them.

Yup the manager should be held accountable for targeting top players in key areas that we need to strengthen in.

How about it wouldn't be anybody's fault?

There's a novel idea.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #76: Jul 21, 2017 11:24:31 pm
      So, just to play devil's advocate.

What would people say if Barca offered Suarez as part of the deal?  >:D

After the euphoria I'd be ashamed :(

46 yr old men shouldn't be spoiling their tidy whites......

But really.......it's not the Luis we sold and this Phil is gonna get so much better - especially under Jürgen.......

It's a no from me.....unless a lotta money comes too
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #77: Jul 21, 2017 11:29:02 pm
      Considering how our window has gone so far in regards to trying to sign Van Dijk & Keita it would be football suicide if they sold Coutinho in this window and they know it. He'll be here for another couple of years IMO.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,652 posts | 3919 
      Reply #78: Jul 21, 2017 11:29:43 pm
      Ehh...If Kyle Walker is going for £50 million at the FB position, we are bidding £75 million for Keita (who has one season in the Bundesliga) and Mbappe is reportedly worth £115 million at 18 years old with one season in Ligue1; I would think it would take a bit more than that for a just turned 25 year old Brazilian national who they are looking at as Iniesta's long term replacement and has 4 years PL experience.

I genuinely think £150m. He's going to be F***ing immense this season. 20+ goals in the Prem and will take us far in the champs league
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #79: Jul 21, 2017 11:47:42 pm

I wouldn't put anything past this club regarding the transfer market.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #80: Jul 21, 2017 11:58:11 pm

Do you think for one moment people are going to worry about things like the other club refused to sell if we lose Coutinho and fail to land both Keita and Van Dyke? It would just be seen as another asset stripping exercise from an already unpopular ownership and the supporter base would explode. It would be nothing short of commercial suicide.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2826 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #81: Jul 22, 2017 12:00:15 am
      Think were ok here dont think he wants to go and im fairly sure we wont sell.

On a sidenote why are the indo being cnuts towards us over this and Keita? Saying weve bullied leipzig and now were getting a taste of our own from barce? Pure crap journalism on all fronts, pathetic stuff
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #82: Jul 22, 2017 12:02:32 am

But really.......it's not the Luis we sold and this Phil is gonna get so much better - especially under Jürgen.......

Fair enough mate.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #83: Jul 22, 2017 12:17:16 am

Agreed. The clock doesn't turn back five years if you make that swap.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #84: Jul 22, 2017 02:54:18 am
      I think he'll go end of the window for circa £80-85 million if Barca are serious.

Seeeing as he's not long signed a new five year contract, I'd want more than that, we got rinsed by them catalan cu*ts over Suarez, F**k them if they think they are getting Philly on the cheap!

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,944 posts | 5001 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #85: Jul 22, 2017 07:58:19 am
      You are probably spot on with that Billy but if and when he is sold, what do you reckon; will it be for football or financial reasons? 🤔

I'd have to say financial Bubs, cos ultimately that has been Fsg's goal all along, buying us relatively cheaply then eventually selling for optimum gain, what happens inbetween is and remains irrelevant to them,
      Simple fact is they don't have or will ever have the emotional factor we fans, players or managers have for the game we all love, their love, passion and mindset is simply to make profit and more profit they gain the biggest hard-on's they'll get.

YNWA
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #86: Jul 22, 2017 08:01:15 am
      He wouldn't look at the players who are here? The training? The potential for improving and winning things? The manager's tactical emphasis? The atmosphere in the squad? The stadium? The support? The city? Yes, we want to bring in quality players (in the remaining 41 days of the window), but we have a lot more going on with this team at the moment then just who we buy or don't buy this summer.

"But Linda... wait... it's like this:

Yeah, sure the multi-millionaire Johnny can give you  diamonds, yachts, luxury, a jet-set lifestyle, the best of everything that money can buy and yeah, you'll want for nothing but... but... I'm witty, better looking, I can bring you camping at Glastonbury, I cook a mean Spag Bol and you'll have lots of fun."

"Linda"... "Linda"...  :-\

"What exactly is it you see in the multi-millionaire John Henry?"
        ;D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm pretty sure Jürgen, it was himself, said that if we want to compete at 'the next level', we need to buy quality' [this summer] so, I guess that the importance, of who we buy or don't buy, is held in higher regard than one may believe.  :-\

Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #87: Jul 22, 2017 08:10:45 am
      I think I would literally flip if Coutinho is sold this summer.

I don't even want to contemplate this notion really.

We're supposed to be throwing our weight around in the transfer market, not getting bullied and picked off by others.

I don't think he will go. End of. 

But we on the other hand, will need to be much more proactive ourselves and as of yet it's been a frustrating/disappointing window (again). Our transfer windows are so predictable now it's actually disheartening.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,944 posts | 5001 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #88: Jul 22, 2017 08:11:30 am

Are you  for f**king real?  That is the single and worst post I've read on here since Nelson lost his f**king eye, it seems talking bollox is your forte, here's some advice take it it's free, engage your miniscule braincell prior to opening your gob, you know, most people's arsehole is in the correct position, yours it seems is just below your nose......

......Stop Talking sh*te!!!!

YNWA
      « Last Edit: Jul 22, 2017 08:19:02 am by billythered »
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #89: Jul 22, 2017 08:37:31 am

The sad truth is that; gone are the [LFC] days when players were bought and sold on the basis of whether or not we could improve the team. That's what we did - if we sold one on; we looked for, and very often brought in, 'better'. We upgraded, we evolved, we won.

Let's, for the sake of debate, say we didn't have one but were in the market for a Coutinho type player, him or someone with all his abilities and quality: where would we get one and could we afford him? Why would you sell something you've got if you know you can't get another one?

Take Suarez, a better example to some maybe; were we ever going to be able to replace him with the lousy £65m we got? Nah... so the football team suffered.

Put it like this; 'we' [the "money men"] seem very good at digging our heels in and not paying over the odds, right? Why not show that same resolve in keeping your best players - it can be done: all the best teams do it. Throughout history very, very, few players wanted to leave great [winning] teams.

The point is; all transfers, in and out, should be made with the first thought being a winning football team. The football, after all, is the only reason why most of us follow the 'club'. I'm not saying Coutinho wants to go, not at all but if we can address the reason why players want to go; we stand a chance of keeping them.

Show intent, show that you mean business and that F***ing "business" happens to be winning football matches, trophies and titles - that's why fans follow the game and that why footballers play the game.

You hold onto Suarez, you hold on to Coutinho, you win, you attract more quality and you keep winning.

What you DON'T F***ing do is; you DON'T sell them to Barca, watch them win titles & trophies and then scratch your head, looking for another reason to excuse, like some utter dumbfuck and say - "But... but it's Barca and they are winners, if Barca come calling players find it hard to resist." >:D
      « Last Edit: Jul 22, 2017 08:49:01 am by bad boy bubby »
      +11
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #90: Jul 22, 2017 09:33:27 am
      The sad truth is that; gone are the [LFC] days when players were bought and sold on the basis of whether or not we could improve the team. That's what we did - if we sold one on; we looked for, and very often brought in, 'better'. We upgraded, we evolved, we won.

Let's, for the sake of debate, say we didn't have one but were in the market for a Coutinho type player, him or someone with all his abilities and quality: where would we get one and could we afford him? Why would you sell something you've got if you know you can't get another one?

Take Suarez, a better example to some maybe; were we ever going to be able to replace him with the lousy £65m we got? Nah... so the football team suffered.

Put it like this; 'we' [the "money men"] seem very good at digging our heels in and not paying over the odds, right? Why not show that same resolve in keeping your best players - it can be done: all the best teams do it. Throughout history very, very, few players wanted to leave great [winning] teams.

The point is; all transfers, in and out, should be made with the first thought being a winning football team. The football, after all, is the only reason why most of us follow the 'club'. I'm not saying Coutinho wants to go, not at all but if we can address the reason why players want to go; we stand a chance of keeping them.

Show intent, show that you mean business and that f**king "business" happens to be winning football matches, trophies and titles - that's why fans follow the game and that why footballers play the game.

You hold onto Suarez, you hold on to Coutinho, you win, you attract more quality and you keep winning.

What you DON'T f**king do is; you DON'T sell them to Barca, watch them win titles & trophies and then scratch your head, looking for another reason to excuse, like some utter dumbfuck and say - "But... but it's Barca and they are winners, if Barca come calling players find it hard to resist." >:D

I liked your first paragraph  and Keegan/Dalglish springs to mind immediately.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #91: Jul 22, 2017 09:34:35 am
      I'll play.

£100m plus Luis and I'm in, sorry Phil but we'd have more chance of winning the league with Luis.

Only on the proviso that Jürgen's given the £100m to spend also.

Not asking much am I?
      that would be too cheap. Suarez can be only worth 30m max now he is 30. I value Coutinho higher than 130m.

Quick Reply