Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should LFC sell Coutinho to Barcelona in this transfer window?

Yes, sell now, leaves now.
      (20.4%)
      Yes, sell now,go in the summer
      (59.2%)
      No, he stays, what ever.
      (20.4%)

Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)

Read 287458 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,439 posts | 3421 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)
      Reply #690: Aug 06, 2017 11:29:54 am
      If we were an Italian club we would simply make him an Italian citizen

Did laugh that Barcelona signed a young lad for their b team only to find out he doesn't reach the criteria as a eu player and has to be classed as non-eu which exceeds the quota so they will probably have to put him out on loan. An example of the complete incompetence at that club at the highest level
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #691: Aug 06, 2017 11:35:29 am
      Simply keeping Coutinho will not make this a good window. This shouldn't even be a topic of discussion.
      All the focus is on a player that we already have instead of the players we don't!
      Distraction tactics if you ask me.

Selling Coutinho however should result in an all out revolt against FSG.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,990 posts | 240 
      Reply #692: Aug 06, 2017 11:36:31 am
      The real question is, why don't we raid Spurs for Alli or Eriksen??

We had the chance to sign Alli. He was a boyhood Liverpool fan and he was waiting to meet Gerrard when Alli had visited Liverpool. Gerrard couldn't meet him because he was tired or some bs like that. And, add to it we were penny pinching as usual.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #693: Aug 06, 2017 11:52:58 am
      We had the chance to sign Alli. He was a boyhood Liverpool fan and he was waiting to meet Gerrard when Alli had visited Liverpool. Gerrard couldn't meet him because he was tired or some bs like that. And, add to it we were penny pinching as usual.

We also had the chance to sign Eriksen but we thought wee Joe Allen the Welsh Xavi was better value.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,439 posts | 3421 
      Reply #694: Aug 06, 2017 12:03:20 pm
      We also had the chance to sign Eriksen but we thought wee Joe Allen the Welsh Xavi was better value.

Probably would have ended up with sven goran eriksen
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #695: Aug 06, 2017 12:07:13 pm
      Simply keeping Coutinho will not make this a good window. This shouldn't even be a topic if discussion.
      All the focus is on a player that we already have instead of the players we don't!
      Distraction tactics if you ask me.

As with the VVD bollox, the Keita bollox, all distraction while JWH&Co allow another ceiling 30+m signing to placate the critics - are we all placated?
      « Last Edit: Aug 06, 2017 12:11:36 pm by stuey »
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,491 posts | 232 
      Reply #696: Aug 06, 2017 01:51:20 pm
      The real question is, why don't we raid Spurs for Alli or Eriksen??

Well we don't have a spare 130m to spend on one player and there is no way Alli would go for less than 100m.

And as painful as it sounds, Tottenham have been consistently a better team than us the last few seasons.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #697: Aug 06, 2017 02:20:12 pm
      Selling Coutinho however should result in an all out revolt against FSG.

Yes it should. Undoubtedly should. Since they've been here we've failed to land a single top target, continuously sold our best players and replaced them with dross. They could beat PSG and give us £200 million for Coutinho and I still wouldn't care beacause at this stage, who exactly are we going to get to replace him? Our squad is already wafer thin with talent and selling one of our best players with less than a month of the window left would be nothing short of disastrous.

Rather than this stoic silence from our ownership, they should be coming out publicly and stating in no uncertain terms that Coutinho will not be sold to Barcelona or anyone else for that matter and is expected to honour his contract with us. Barca are hovering precisely because under FSG we're percieved to be a selling club. That has to change. Or our ownership has to change. One or the other.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Reply #698: Aug 06, 2017 03:08:02 pm
      The Daily/Sunday Star are bullshit generators in the same category as joe.ck.uk, the metro, who ate all the lies, etc.

Ever so slightly above you have the Express and the Standard

Then the Daily Fail

Then most of the others...

The Express is the same as the star, same bullshit stories in both papers as they're both from same publishing house.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Reply #699: Aug 06, 2017 03:10:18 pm

Think thats called fantasy bullshit, we didn't think he was worth the wages he was asking at the time.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,249 posts | 923 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #700: Aug 06, 2017 03:35:56 pm
      Think thats called fantasy bullshit, we didn't think he was worth the wages he was asking at the time.

Familliar ring to our transfer policy there
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #701: Aug 06, 2017 04:28:51 pm
      Took just 45 minutes of from receiving Barca's bid to turning it down, email's and fax's, telephone calls, text messages what ever between the decision makers in those 45 minutes returned a unanimous No, Coutinho is going nowhere unless its a totally ridiculous bid, not even worthy of a discussion at present.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #702: Aug 06, 2017 04:37:44 pm
      Took just 45 minutes of from receiving Barca's bid to turning it down, email's and fax's, telephone calls, text messages what ever between the decision makers in those 45 minutes returned a unanimous No, Coutinho is going nowhere unless its a totally ridiculous bid, not even worthy of a discussion at present.

What's a ridiculous bid though Red in FSG eyes, I'm convinced £100m or near and they jump at the deal.

They are parasites and have no interest in trophies it's all.

If they can make a profit they will.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #703: Aug 06, 2017 05:08:42 pm

They'd have made a massive profit at the first bid.

I'm no FSG Cheer leader but it appears they've backed Klopp on Coutinho, Salah, Solanke, Robertson and it appears they also  backed him on VVD, Keita, if Klopp prefers to stick with what he's got instead of alternative targets then the decision will either be justified or it will bite him on the arse.

The Crazy Gengenpressing German appears to be making the decisions on transfers and the owners appear to be supporting him, I just hope his arse doesn't get bitten, for all his stubbornness he's a bloody good manager.

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,439 posts | 3421 
      Reply #704: Aug 06, 2017 05:20:38 pm

What's a ridiculous bid though Red in FSG eyes, I'm convinced £100m or near and they jump at the deal.

They are parasites and have no interest in trophies it's all.

The thing that annoys me so much is that if we are successful then we would make more money !!!!!
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #705: Aug 06, 2017 05:28:01 pm
      They'd have made a massive profit at the first bid.

I'm no FSG Cheer leader but it appears they've backed Klopp on Coutinho, Salah, Solanke, Robertson and it appears they also  backed him on VVD, Keita, if Klopp prefers to stick with what he's got instead of alternative targets then the decision will either be justified or it will bite him on the arse.
      It would in thier opinion be easier to sell the fact to klopp of selling Coutinho for £100 m + and then spending some of that money on VVD instead of thier own and that it would hopefully keep him placated...

The Crazy Gengenpressing German appears to be making the decisions on transfers and the owners appear to be supporting him, I just hope his arse doesn't get bitten, for all his stubbornness he's a bloody good manager.
      Or so it would appear for now
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #706: Aug 06, 2017 05:36:50 pm
      It would in thier opinion be easier to sell the fact to klopp of selling Coutinho for £100 m + and then spending some of that money on VVD instead of thier own and that it would hopefully keep him placated...

They wouldn't be spending their money, they'd be spending the money the club itself generated as they've always maintained.

That's the only evidence we can go on during this transfer window.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #707: Aug 06, 2017 08:31:10 pm
      Surly it is the end of the road for these owners if they sell Coutinho
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #708: Aug 06, 2017 09:01:39 pm
      I think the Spanish press are being quite mischievous with some of the rumours and reporting coming out today. I am actually far more confident that we keep the lad now compared to whe the first bid came in. Jürgen has come out and rubbished it a few times, he even had a few jibes about the reports of them "apparently coming to England to make the deal" in the last interview I saw him give.

I guess we'll find out the true resolve to keep the player IF they stump a truly big offer in the region of £110-120 million. But the it's all relative, Keita has had what? One decent season under his belt and £70 million doesn't get him and Phil is twice the player he is.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,439 posts | 3421 
      Reply #709: Aug 06, 2017 09:05:32 pm
      Bad vibes. ..
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,173 posts | 524 
      Reply #710: Aug 06, 2017 09:10:47 pm
      Well here goes a ban or loads of negativity from the FSG lovers, really don't understand how Barca come calling and we give in and sell Couts, yet we seem to fcuk about trying to do a deal with Southampton to buy VVD. What the fcuk are we, some kind of a joke club when it comes to transfers. Really don't understand it, apologies to anyone upset by this, but "Mr Smirnoff" has really kicked in tonight should only post in a sober state. Please could someone explain why we are so sh*t of late when it comes to transfer season ?
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,990 posts | 240 
      Reply #711: Aug 06, 2017 09:18:15 pm
      Whatever happens with Couts needs to happen within next Tuesday.  If Couts plays against Hoffenheim, he will be cup tied. If he doesn't play.....
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #712: Aug 06, 2017 09:27:06 pm
      Surly it is the end of the road for these owners if they sell Coutinho

It might be the end of a lot of people's support for them, but I doubt they know or could even give a sh*t about the fans opinion of them!

Quick Reply