Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should LFC sell Coutinho to Barcelona in this transfer window?

Yes, sell now, leaves now.
      (20.4%)
      Yes, sell now,go in the summer
      (59.2%)
      No, he stays, what ever.
      (20.4%)

Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)

Read 283894 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Re: Philippe Coutinho - Barcelona
      Reply #46: Jul 21, 2017 05:16:48 pm
      Well, according to sky sources neymar decided he was off to PSG two days ago and they're never wrong.

Whoever they F***ing are.  ;)

Exactly and then there was his arl fella saying he doesn't want to leave Barca.

Just wanted to literally kick my tv in when I heard that c**t Jim White going on about Coutinho and Barca, talk about sh*t-stirring!!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #47: Jul 21, 2017 05:23:30 pm
      Would that be the same Neymar PSG are trying to buy for stupid f**king money.

I honestly think this was a reaction to that imo, Barca looking at Phil in case Neymar accepted the PSG offer.

Well replace Neymar with Iniesta or some other star player.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #48: Jul 21, 2017 05:48:59 pm
      Well replace Neymar with Iniesta or some other star player.

Can't see it happening this year, but yeah next Summer probably.

Phil's been a good guy for us and it's naive to think that most of the South American players see Barca and RM as the holy grail...its part and parcel with getting quality S.A. players.

As I said in another thread Klopp will accommodate him and I am OK with that; as the gaffer is not going to (nor should we) hold a player back when they look to fulfill a dream.

As long as we don't replace him with dross and this manager does not do dross I am OK with him going next Summer.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #49: Jul 21, 2017 06:34:49 pm
      "The very important message is that we are not a selling club and that's how it is. We believe in working together and developing together. We want to make the next step together and for this we need to stay together." - Klopp today in response to the Barca bid.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #50: Jul 21, 2017 06:38:27 pm
      He never said that. I believe it was Klopp telling the press in one of the match day press conferences that he could become a legend and get a statue made here if he were to stay long term with us when asked about Coutinho's future.

I think also, when Coutinho was asked about his future month or 2 later in Brazil, he just reiterated what Klopp said rather than him wanting to be a legend and having a statue made of himself outside Anfield.

Actually according to today's Echo, he did say that: “Stay here and they will end up building a statue in your honour," Coutinho said back in May. “Go somewhere else, to Barcelona, to Bayern Munich, to Real Madrid, and you will be just another player. Here you can be something more. I have a long contract with Liverpool.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-reject-barcelona-coutinho-bid-13363753 full story here
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #51: Jul 21, 2017 06:43:38 pm
      Can't see it happening this year, but yeah next Summer probably.

Phil's been a good guy for us and it's naive to think that most of the South American players see Barca and RM as the holy grail...its part and parcel with getting quality S.A. players.

As I said in another thread Klopp will accommodate him and I am OK with that; as the gaffer is not going to (nor should we) hold a player back when they look to fulfill a dream.

As long as we don't replace him with dross and this manager does not do dross I am OK with him going next Summer.

I understand what you are saying if Phil just insists on leaving, but I don't think it is a given.

As with our other transfer dealings, there seems to be some thought on here that nothing could ever change re practice or status. There was a time when Liverpool would be mentioned with ANY big club as belonging. In terms of historic status we are still there, of course, but in terms of recent results and competitiveness, not so much. Klopp's project is to put us back there and as my sig indicates, that is the vision he is selling to players. Selling Phil now or next summer would totally contradict that vision/message/focus/whatever you call it.

But the results/success need to come.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #52: Jul 21, 2017 06:51:15 pm
      Some suggestions that Barcelona bidding for Phil is an attempt to convince Neymar to stay
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #53: Jul 21, 2017 06:57:38 pm
      Suarez; forced a move
      Torres; forced a move (having cited broken promises by H&G)
      Sterling; forced a move

But yeah, we're a "selling club"  :roll:

Forced a move or wanted to go? There doesn't seem to be much difference between the two. If Coutinho wants to go is he forcing a move? We have to do more to convince our best players that they should stay. If Coutinho is looking at our business thus far this summer I'm sure he is wondering what's going on, this doesn't look particularly inspiring.

I think he'll go end of the window for circa £80-85 million if Barca are serious.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #54: Jul 21, 2017 07:08:42 pm
      Forced a move or wanted to go? There doesn't seem to be much difference between the two. If Coutinho wants to go is he forcing a move? We have to do more to convince our best players that they should stay. If Coutinho is looking at our business thus far this summer I'm sure he is wondering what's going on, this doesn't look particularly inspiring.

I think he'll go end of the window for circa £80-85 million if Barca are serious.

He wouldn't look at the players who are here? The training? The potential for improving and winning things? The manager's tactical emphasis? The atmosphere in the squad? The stadium? The support? The city? Yes, we want to bring in quality players (in the remaining 41 days of the window), but we have a lot more going on with this team at the moment then just who we buy or don't buy this summer.

Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #55: Jul 21, 2017 07:24:32 pm
      Wouldn't blame him if he does go. He is south American and majority of them dream of playing for real or barca.

The country itself and the culture will be tempting for him and his family.

Then he will have more chances of winning trophies rather then with us. We have potential to be trophy winning team but they are a team that Compete at highest level and can win everything.

Let's be honest, they are a better team then us atm and I wouldn't blame cou if he left. We are at fault here. We didn't better ourselves on and off the field when Torres wanted out.

Only solution is to be a better team then barca and be in the top 5 teams of Europe. So future Torres and cou have to think hard about leaving.

Also We don't have good scouts nor setup to replace good players atm imo. We have been steadying the ship since 2007. And that is long ass time. Can't afford to throw away 10 more years.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #56: Jul 21, 2017 07:57:32 pm
      I have thought about this, Coutinho is probably the hottest prospect in the world right now. He captained Brazil, the worlds most decorated football team. He is 24 and when you consider Suarez, Messi and Ronaldo are 30+, Aguero near that age... etc...Coutinho is basically the Brazilian Zidane and will be playing long after Messi and co retired. If they really want Coutinho they should be paying 200m. It seems steep.. I would listen to offer of 150m with Suarez and Rafinha. That is only if Coutinho didn't want to stay at Liverpool though. I honestly think Coutinho won't want to leave us now we are in CL.
      I think we should be bidding for some Barcelona players now though, send a message out to big teams.
      Barcelona had,

Alonso
      Mascherano
      Suarez

They can just go whistle at 72m.
      « Last Edit: Jul 21, 2017 08:09:06 pm by Ribapuru »
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #57: Jul 21, 2017 08:09:06 pm
      He wouldn't look at the players who are here? The training? The potential for improving and winning things? The manager's tactical emphasis? The atmosphere in the squad? The stadium? The support? The city? Yes, we want to bring in quality players (in the remaining 41 days of the window), but we have a lot more going on with this team at the moment then just who we buy or don't buy this summer.

I admire your optimism dude I really do but then again maybe If he looks at the players that are here He might consider that those players just about got over the line for 4th place, he might see that the squad is way too small to compete on four fronts, he might wonder why we haven't bought a new striker, he might look at our transfer business and think "who the fu...ck is Andrew Robertson?". He might look at City who also need a couple of full backs and see that they landed Kyle Walker (no messing about) and are now bidding for Mendy to play on the other side. He might look at Chelsea getting rebuffed in their attempts to sign Lukaku and then Almost immediately switching targets and wrapping up a deal for Morata.

Top players want to play with top players. Maybe if we bought a few our own top players wouldn't keep leaving the club?
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #58: Jul 21, 2017 08:10:30 pm
      I admire your optimism dude I really do but then again maybe If he looks at the players that are here He might consider that those players just about got over the line for 4th place, he might see that the squad is way too small to compete on four fronts, he might wonder why we haven't bought a new striker, he might look at our transfer business and think "who the fu...ck in Andrew Robertson?". He might look at City who also need a couple of full backs and see that they landed Kyle Walker (no messing about) and are now bidding for Mendy to play on the other side. He might look at Chelsea getting rebuffed in their attempts to sign Lukaku and then Al out immediately switching targets and wrapping up a deal for Morata.

Top players want to play with top players. Maybe if we bought a few our own top players wouldn't keep leaving the club?
      Coutinho said he wants to stay. That trumps your whole post.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #59: Jul 21, 2017 08:13:47 pm
      So, just to play devil's advocate.

What would people say if Barca offered Suarez as part of the deal?  >:D
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #60: Jul 21, 2017 08:19:29 pm
      So, just to play devil's advocate.

What would people say if Barca offered Suarez as part of the deal?  >:D

You mean something like

Migs

Clyne  Matip   VVD   Milner

Hendo

Lallana        Keita

Mane      Suarez     Salah

With Firmino, Sturridge, Can, Gini, Roberston, Lovren and Karius on the bench?

Yah that would be something to look into.....;)
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #61: Jul 21, 2017 08:21:06 pm
      Coutinho said he wants to stay. That trumps your whole post.

I wish it was a game of cards mate. It's Barca, he'll want the move if they're serious, regardless of what he might have said previously.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #62: Jul 21, 2017 08:21:17 pm
      You mean something like

Migs

Clyne  Matip   VVD   Milner

Hendo

Lallana        Keita

Mane      Suarez     Salah

With Firmino, Sturridge, Can, Gini, Roberston, Lovren and Karius on the bench?

Yah that would be something to look into.....;)

Some team that'd be mate.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #63: Jul 21, 2017 08:26:26 pm
      , send a message out to big teams.
      Barcelona had,

Alonso
      Mascherano
      Suarez

They can just go whistle at 72m.

Errr Alonso went to Madrid

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #64: Jul 21, 2017 08:29:03 pm
      I still blame Barcelona.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,138 posts | 1194 
      Reply #65: Jul 21, 2017 08:31:42 pm
      It's hard even for clubs that are competing at the top and winning trophies to keep a player, especially one from South America, from leaving to join Barcelona (or Real).

For clubs that only just scrape the top four, bomb out of the cups and piss about in the transfer market year after year, you might say it's near impossible.

IMO we may get another season out of Phil (through stubborn resistance on our part and loyalty to Jürgen on his) if we're lucky, but rest assured that without massive progress this season, he will be gone.

Why should he have the patience to wait for us to get our arses into gear when he could link up with Messi, Suarez and Neymar, virtually guarantee himself a league title and/or CL and a chance to write his name into the history books?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #66: Jul 21, 2017 08:34:19 pm
      Why should he have the patience to wait for us to get our arses into gear when he could link up with Messi, Suarez and Neymar, virtually guarantee himself a league title and/or CL and a chance to write his name into the history books?

Will be kind of hard for him to link up with Neymar unless he wants to go to PSG ;)
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #67: Jul 21, 2017 08:42:51 pm
      Will be kind of hard for him to link up with Neymar unless he wants to go to PSG ;)

He'd be better off staying with Bobby if he want's a cuddle.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,138 posts | 1194 
      Reply #68: Jul 21, 2017 08:44:47 pm

Come to think of it, maybe if they all get so fu**ed off with being prosecuted for tax fraud that will swing it our way....

Quick Reply