Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should LFC sell Coutinho to Barcelona in this transfer window?

Yes, sell now, leaves now.
      (20.4%)
      Yes, sell now,go in the summer
      (59.2%)
      No, he stays, what ever.
      (20.4%)

Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)

Read 286294 times
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Re: Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)
      Reply #115: Jul 22, 2017 05:32:25 pm
      @redwilly: I am with you, but what would u do if Philippe would tell you: I want to go to Barca and if you don't let me, I will not play 100%. You could go to war, keep him, let him sit on the bench for 4 years and become wothless for any team, but most teams would just sell him. Therefore you can basically force any team to sell any player.

Even if Coutinho were such a c**t (which he is not), it's a World Cup year so no, he would not risk losing his spot in the national team by being a bellend.
      Also, did you watch Coutinho today? The best I've seen of him in quite a while.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #116: Jul 22, 2017 05:41:20 pm
      I understand the logic if the player wants to go.

But not the logic of selling him to fund VVD (or anybody else). We should (and it seems we do) have the money available to go after VVD regardless of selling our own players.

No team ever got better by selling their best players.

Is correct and it is to be hoped FSG are now able to comprehend that fact and appreciate it is the only way of achieving success in the long term.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #117: Jul 22, 2017 06:14:04 pm
      No team ever got better by selling their best players.

Spurs done alright since letting Modric and Bale go.
      Saints have done alright and they lose their best player every season.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #118: Jul 22, 2017 06:18:18 pm

Spurs and Saints didn't have Dave Fallows, Barry Hunter and co producing their shortlists on how best to fill those places vacated in their squad!
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,597 posts | 2155 
      Reply #119: Jul 22, 2017 06:29:08 pm

But Spurs are doing a pretty good job of keeping their best players now. I know they just sold Walker but Trippier came out of the shadows during the 2nd half of the season so they are unlikely to miss him too much.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #120: Jul 22, 2017 06:34:55 pm

Still won F**k all too!!
      ruthcity

• 6,929 posts | 1477 
      Reply #121: Jul 22, 2017 06:57:48 pm
      NO, NO AND f***in NO AGAIN, We do not offload our best assets , take others unwanted then expect to improve,

WE ARE IN A REBUILDING PROGRESS We are building a side capable of competing against those who want our best players, how do you expect to surpass those club's if you keep offloading your best assets, IT SIMPLY WON'T WORK, and the only people who benefit are those who only see profit, and don't give a shiny sh*te if we win or not!!

YNWA

You can hope for it but you can't control it. Everything is up for sale at the right price, except your family members and your body part.

Let's exaggerate the numbers. If the offer was £400m, I bet most people would take it. Not enough? How about £3b?

On the flip side, I wouldn't be surprised to see some of us say we must keep Cou even at £10b.

It's crazy I know. But put £150m on the table and I wouldn't even think twice.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #122: Jul 22, 2017 07:32:06 pm
      One thing that annoys me is Neymar, he spent the best of a year tapping up Coutinho, all whilst flirting with a move to United, now he wants to go PSG to avoid a suspended prison sentence for tax dodging.... Neymar is one player I would not want here.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,139 posts | 1084 
      Reply #123: Jul 22, 2017 08:04:16 pm
      Welp, Coutinho is almost certainly moving now. My wife, unbeknownst to me, bought my youngest a Gerrard kit while my oldest is getting a Coutinho one just this afternoon. Sorry fellas. He is as good as gone now. Their probably singing the papers as we speak. Lets start talking replacements  ;)
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #124: Jul 22, 2017 08:10:28 pm

While I get it that a lot of generation Z see a top four finish as a massive achievement, the truth is; neither the two of them have won an effin thing buddy. 😕

Bale & Modric are proper top drawer - as was Suarez. The players Saints sold? Hmm...

[The three seasons before Modric left - 4th, 5th, 4th. The three seasons after - 6th 5th 6th btw.]

Arsenal were worse - winners who decided a "good business model" was of primary importance- they sold their 'best', (often to direct competition), then Wenger stroked their fans into believing "top four is as good as a trophy". 🙉🙈🙊 😄

It may just be a failing on my behalf but I really don't revel in my team just doing "alright". 😕

Sure it won't matter anyhow... "we aren't a selling club" [any more].  😎
      « Last Edit: Jul 22, 2017 08:33:17 pm by bad boy bubby »
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #125: Jul 22, 2017 08:20:26 pm
                                                     Suarez
                                    Salah                           Mane
                                                    Coutinho

........i gotta go, i feel a semi coming on !

Let me give you a helping hand...

Suarez
                                    Salah                           Mane
                                                    Coutinho
                                                Keita      Hendo/Can/Wijnaldum
                                    Robertson, VVD, Matip,   TAA
                                                        Migs

Ready to explode yet?!
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #126: Jul 22, 2017 08:52:28 pm
      It seems PSG are triggering the 222m Euro Neymar buyout clause. If Barca want Coutinho £250m Euro is fair.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #127: Jul 22, 2017 10:43:48 pm
      Apols if been posted but - for me - Jürgen now making his position very clear....

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/philippe-coutinho-stays-liverpool-says-13371820

I think this is different to what I've seen before.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #128: Jul 22, 2017 11:25:45 pm
      Apols if been posted but - for me - Jürgen now making his position very clear....

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/philippe-coutinho-stays-liverpool-says-13371820

Yup the gaffer laying that to bed quite well I think.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,695 posts | 6696 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #129: Jul 23, 2017 01:07:46 am
      With his sublime assist and out of this world, goal last night, throw another 100 million pounds on top of the 72 million you have offered already you Barca cu*ts. And we will still reject the bid. F**k off you Barca cu*ts, go and tap up Deli F***ing Alli.
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #130: Jul 23, 2017 01:25:05 am
      Should not happen now after all that Klopp has said. They can go after Verratti  when Neymar is sold.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #131: Jul 23, 2017 02:51:02 am
      The hysteria from fans will keep this rumour going for months.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #132: Jul 23, 2017 03:27:31 am
      Barcelona ready to test Liverpool's resolve with mammoth £80million bid for Philippe Coutinho

Barcelona will test Liverpool’s resolve to keep Philippe Coutinho with an £80million bid.

The Catalan giants will return with an improved offer for the Brazil ­midfielder after their initial £72m offer was rejected.

Sources in Spain believe this is the opening shot of a battle which could go the distance.

Reds boss Jürgen Klopp insists the club will not buckle and sell Coutinho like the club did with Raheem Sterling and Luis Suarez.

Klopp - Dortmund boss when Suarez was sold to Barca and Sterling ­surrendered to Manchester City – said: “With Suarez I was far away.

“When the club sold Sterling I was maybe the last to know about it. So those ­situations have nothing to do with this one.

“We are approaching a very important moment and we want to get better. For this we have to keep our key players. So that’s the answer.”

Klopp held talks with Coutinho at the Reds team hotel, the Ritz Carlton, last night after the 2-1 win over Leicester in which the Brazilian scored.

Liverpool owners FSG have already decreed they will not negotiate with Barca after their Brazilian superstar signed an
      improved five-year deal last season.

Klopp added: “I can say 20 times, he is not for sale.

“If you ask the other question the other way and I say, there has been no assurance [from owners FSG], you make the story the other way. There is no story for me."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/barcelona-liverpool-philippe-coutinho-transfer-10854095

"cu*ts"

:P
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,438 posts | 1463 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #133: Jul 23, 2017 07:10:34 am
      £80mil!? Yeah, and the rest! Let's not forget you ripped us off with Suarez.... I'll take £150mil and Suarez in return at least, no? kthxbye.
      Scottbot

• 9,597 posts | 2155 
      Reply #134: Jul 23, 2017 07:45:11 am
      The hysteria from fans will keep this rumour going for months.

Aye mate, hysterical fans with silly imaginations. There's no chance we sell our best player.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,880 posts | 2694 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #135: Jul 23, 2017 08:56:04 am
      With his sublime assist and out of this world, goal last night, throw another 100 million pounds on top of the 72 million you have offered already you Barca Cu*ts. And we will still reject the bid. F**k off you Barca cu*ts, go and tap up Deli f**king Alli.

That's better!! Back To the effing and jeffing  ;D
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #136: Jul 23, 2017 08:56:31 am

Excellent.

A message to everyone that. 😎
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,913 posts | 4980 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #137: Jul 23, 2017 09:30:38 am
      You can hope for it but you can't control it. Everything is up for sale at the right price, except your family members and your body part.

Let's exaggerate the numbers. If the offer was £400m, I bet most people would take it. Not enough? How about £3b?

On the flip side, I wouldn't be surprised to see some of us say we must keep Cou even at £10b.

It's crazy I know. But put £150m on the table and I wouldn't even think twice.

Can't argue that every player has his price, and club's will sell if they feel that price is too good turn down, that's the attitude of the cheque signers though and not of a manager or fans,
      We see things differently from those money men who's sole purpose is profit rather than title's,
      The player himself will play where he feels he is respected, admired and being successful,
      In Coutinho's case he knows he is pivotal to the side and can see what Jürgen is trying to achieve, so I believe he will remain for at least this season and then think about what's best for him, also, I think he's quite happy here, he has a young family, is well established at LFC, is playing in a very good side improving all the time, he has no real reason to move on at this stage, I suppose though that if within a season or two he sees that success with LFC hasn't been what he expected he will seek another challenge, I don't think anyone could blame him for that tbh,
      But if we start bringing home the tin he could very well stick around for a tad longer.

YNWA

Quick Reply