Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should LFC sell Coutinho to Barcelona in this transfer window?

Yes, sell now, leaves now.
      (20.4%)
      Yes, sell now,go in the summer
      (59.2%)
      No, he stays, what ever.
      (20.4%)

Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)

Read 297792 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,545 posts | 3473 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)
      Reply #207: Jul 25, 2017 06:54:44 pm
      I could live with all of that. To echo AZ from a few post earlier, Phillip is set up to make a crap ton of money if he and Brazil light up the WC next summer. I hate to see him leave, but if he must I hope we cash out at close to 200 mil. That money could really round out the squad for YEARS to come. As far as Keita goes, I like the commitment he showed toward the cause with the tackle yesterday. However, I am ashamed that he didn't deck a few sucka's with the ole one-hitter-quitter during the scrum. Do u wanna be a Red or don't ya, Naby??? Sticking a few squad players would have helped our chances.  ;D

STICK TO THE SCRIPT!!!

Always dangerous to think you csn improve the squad by selling your best player, plenty of evidence to prove it doesn't wotk that often
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #208: Jul 25, 2017 06:59:51 pm
      Always dangerous to think you csn improve the squad by selling your best player, plenty of evidence to prove it doesn't wotk that often

Your not going to improve the squad by bringing in Keita for Phil....at best you could hope for maintaining it.

That being said understanding that he will leave at some point but having a player like Keita in a year before it happens and then taking the money and buying more quality will certainly help.

Players will always be coming in and players will always be leaving...as long as were not doing Balotelli for Suarez or a Luis Alberto for Coutinho we'll be OK.

Sadly for me I trust the manager knows what he is doing and the days of the Joe Allen's and Iago Aspas's of the world are behind us.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,264 posts | 1118 
      Reply #209: Jul 25, 2017 07:10:36 pm

To be fair I base this theory on watching a lot of other sports (football, basketball, baseball). With that said it can be done with the right person at the helm. I guess this window will tell us a lot on if Klopp is allowed that kind of freedom and if his moves keep paying off enough to achieve such a thing. Mane and Gini are looking good so far HAHA
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Reply #210: Jul 25, 2017 07:14:17 pm
      I think if a big offer comes in FSG will have him out the door in seconds.

I also feel like if it does happen we will finally sign Keita and VVD.

I honestly think it's sell before you buy on virtually every deal we make.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,504 posts | 234 
      Reply #211: Jul 25, 2017 08:00:16 pm

The manager said they told him he wont be sold!

The only way he will be sold is if Coutinho puts in a transfer request. If hes sold against Klopps wishes, I could see Klopp walk.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #212: Jul 25, 2017 08:03:43 pm
      Barca officials supposedly meeting with Coutinho's agent and officials from Liverpool to discuss a £90 million transfer. I'm telling you, as soon as Keita/VD gets here Coutinho is gone.

Would not surprise me if FSG are count on the Coutinho money to fund the Keita move
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,302 posts | 943 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #213: Jul 25, 2017 08:10:40 pm

Sorry if we sell Coutinho we fu**ed as a football club different if he wants to go.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #214: Jul 25, 2017 08:15:41 pm
      This summer will go a long way to showing if Jürgen has the clout with the owners people think he does. I stopped taking the managers word as gospel when Brendan proved to be reading from the FSG script regarding transfers, so I'll reserve judgement on Jürgen in that aspect just yet.
      This is what i have hinted at ever since Klopp took charge, and have had people saying " Klopp's not an idiot, he would not have taken the job without this, and without that" HERE IS THE THING PEOPLE, regardless of if we sell Coutinho for £89 m or not, let Barca put what FSG considers enough money on the table and Klopp or no Klopp they will sell, and if Klopp choose to walk, or if they push him, they will replace him, there are plenty of top managers out there that will take the job...  If Klopp gets in the way of FSG making money he will be replaced.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #215: Jul 25, 2017 08:19:17 pm
      This is what i have hinted at ever since Klopp took charge, and have had people saying " Klopp's not an idiot, he would not have taken the job without this, and without that" HERE IS THE THING PEOPLE, regardless of if we sell Coutinho for £89 m or not, let Barca put what FSG considers enough money on the table and Klopp or no Klopp they will sell, and if Klopp choose to walk, or if they push him, they will replace him, there are plenty of top managers out there that will take the job...  If Klopp gets in the way of FSG making money he will be replaced.

HERE'S IS THE THING...FSG AREN'T STUPID, THEY ARE A BIT GREEDY AND IT'S GOING TO TAKE A WORLD RECORD BID TO GET IT DONE..SOMEWHERE IN THE 150/200 MILLION RANGE

He's not going this year but Klopp will let him go next Summer after the WC with his blessing.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #216: Jul 25, 2017 08:19:48 pm
      And every owner
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #217: Jul 25, 2017 08:25:01 pm

Added my two cents worth before I read this; and as you can tell I totally agree with every thing that you post here
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,504 posts | 234 
      Reply #218: Jul 25, 2017 08:25:28 pm
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #219: Jul 25, 2017 08:27:09 pm
      HERE'S IS THE THING...FSG AREN'T STUPID, THEY ARE A BIT GREEDY AND IT'S GOING TO TAKE A WORLD RECORD BID TO GET IT DONE..SOMEWHERE IN THE 150/200 MILLION RANGE
      Dream on...  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #220: Jul 25, 2017 08:31:48 pm

There is no reason whatsoever for him to go to Barca right now...When Rolando leaves for China come the end of the season it will become  a carnival in Spain for Phil's services.

Both RM and Barca consistently toss in bids a year or two before they look to bring a player in.

So by your idea's were going to pay 80 million to RBL for Keita, and sell Phil for 90 to Barca?

What have you been smoking?
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #221: Jul 25, 2017 08:58:14 pm
      There is no reason whatsoever for him to go to Barca right now...When Rolando leaves for China come the end of the season it will become  a carnival in Spain for Phil's services.

Both RM and Barca consistently toss in bids a year or two before they look to bring a player in.

So by your idea's were going to pay 80 million to RBL for Keita, and sell Phil for 90 to Barca?

said it from the start that Coutinho should command a 200m fee
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #222: Jul 25, 2017 09:00:32 pm
      Mbappe just went for £180m, why is 150-200m unthinkable for Coutinho? I wouldn't sell him at any price, bit if he wanted to go it would be for that.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #223: Jul 25, 2017 09:47:30 pm
      Mbappe just went for £180m, why is 150-200m unthinkable for Coutinho? I wouldn't sell him at any price, bit if he wanted to go it would be for that.

Mbappe hasn't gone anywhere, Monaco have denied the claims by Marca. Who, like Bild, are full of sh*t
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #224: Jul 25, 2017 10:32:41 pm

The sweet sinsemilla, why...?? A wha' you a burn....??  :chongin:
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #225: Jul 25, 2017 10:34:49 pm
      said it from the start that Coutinho should command a 200m fee
      Remember a certain City manager stating that one Raheem Stirling is worth £100m... Remind me how much did he offer for him...?
      fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Reply #226: Jul 25, 2017 10:41:40 pm
      https://twitter.com/gerardromero/status/889950456994287617?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.redcafe.net%2Fthreads%2Ftransfer-tweets-summer-2017-keep-it-on-topic.429443%2Fpage-654

Translation: AGREEMENT signed with COUTINHO. FCB has all tied with the player. The club negotiates with Liverpool for the transfer

Don't know about the source but  :action-smiley-055: Barca
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,523 posts | 2874 
      Reply #227: Jul 25, 2017 10:42:20 pm
      https://twitter.com/gerardromero/status/889950456994287617?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.redcafe.net%2Fthreads%2Ftransfer-tweets-summer-2017-keep-it-on-topic.429443%2Fpage-654

Translation: AGREEMENT signed with COUTINHO. FCB has all tied with the player. The club negotiates with Liverpool for the transfer

We going to report Barca for tapping up then?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #228: Jul 25, 2017 10:46:18 pm
      You have to agree with club first before agreeing terms with player.

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,545 posts | 3473 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #229: Jul 25, 2017 10:49:40 pm

rac1 is a radio station with links to the club, still prone to bullshit (veratti)

Quick Reply