Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should LFC sell Coutinho to Barcelona in this transfer window?

Yes, sell now, leaves now.
      (20.4%)
      Yes, sell now,go in the summer
      (59.2%)
      No, he stays, what ever.
      (20.4%)

Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)

Read 286998 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)
      Reply #1656: Aug 12, 2017 10:18:16 am
      On why we can't afford to sell Cuntinho this summer?

Cause we have owners who can't get deals over the line to replace him

That's all that needs to be said.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,938 posts | 4994 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1657: Aug 12, 2017 10:34:59 am
      Right...on reflection and some thought we are all resigned to losing Phill, it's up to the club now how Phill leaves and when,

We still hold all the cards so despite the media pressure and Barca bullying it is our decision how this turns out,

I'd favour keeping Phill this season on the premise he's allowed to go next summer not before, he gets his move Barca get their man we get a lessened disruptive season, and it's ending amicably like what Phill wanted....Or...

We hold out tell Barca to F**k off and we have a angry non-committed player in our midst who will unlikely feature giving Klopp's stand with Mama....Or....

We give in and sell for the highest amount say £130m but only once we have signed two top quality players other than Vvd or Naby, failing that Phill stays for this season, end of discussions, the 11th hour being last day of the window,

That's what I'd be dictating to Barca, Phill and Phil's agent.

YNWA
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,022 posts | 528 
      Reply #1658: Aug 12, 2017 10:41:56 am
      If FSG do sell Coutinho then I agree it has to smash that British transfer record to bits but JW has to then show some intend and put in mouth watering offers for Keita and VVD that would make Leipzig and the Saints Jizz. If we got Keita and VVD I think we would be really close to number 19. Sell Sakho and Markovic and bring in the OX and maybe if Mr Sturridge could stay fit and get back to his best then, WHAT A SIDE.

I've not seen enough of Keita, but would he really replace Coutinho?

Jürgen has us all set up to play with pace up front and Coutinho playing the passes for Salah and Mane. He is key for us this season, and there is no replacement available as far as i can see. That side you are talking about does not look as good as one with Cou in it imo. We need to bring in a CB, yeah, but we also need to keep Coutinho for this season at least.

To me, if the owners are serious about us challenging for the title, they will refuse to sell. He is on a long term deal. In the worst case scenario, and he refuses to play ( which I don't think he will), we sell him next summer and still get megabucks. We need to show that we are serious about becoming one of the world's best sides again. We are one of the world's biggest ( and richest) clubs. We do not have to give in to Barca, there is no financial necessity to do it.

Tell them to take a hike, and tell Coutinho we will look at it again next year, if we can find a replacement by then.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1659: Aug 12, 2017 10:53:44 am
      For those worried about Coutinho going on strike, its worth remembering this is a world cup season so he will have impress to make the plane.

This is his world cup to shine and he's not going to want to miss it and from our point of view, a good world cup and he could be worth well into 130 million +.

Add to that the less than average window we've had so far and the damage FSG could create for themselves by selling Coutinho this season on top of that...

I think he stays 1 more season and I think he will soon be back to his best.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #1660: Aug 12, 2017 10:55:13 am
      Some rumors from some guy named Chris Williams on twitter that Barca was behind the timing of this transfer request ploy, telling Coutinho or his agent that since we have to qualify for CL, if that were to be disrupted (basically if we don't go through due to the turmoil of his transfer request) it would be easier for him to force through his move with us not having CL football. Not sure how anyone would know that, but if true, absolutely disgusting tactics.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #1661: Aug 12, 2017 10:57:06 am
      Sad thing mane has other great season he be next on list but can you blame these players fsg not buying best players and players what win things see club buy some top players
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #1662: Aug 12, 2017 10:57:53 am
      We only won one league cup since fsg were here
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1663: Aug 12, 2017 10:59:31 am
      Sad thing mane has other great season he be next on list but can you blame these players fsg not buying best players and players what win things see club buy some top players

How can you say FSG are not buying the best players and in the same sentence complain about how our world class (FSG bought) talent is being poached?
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,213 posts | 1221 
      Reply #1664: Aug 12, 2017 11:01:19 am
      How can you say FSG are not buying the best players and in the same sentence complain about how our world class (FSG bought) talent is being poached?

It's one thing buying them, another thing consolidating and ensuring we keep them by investing sufficiently overall.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2454 
      Reply #1665: Aug 12, 2017 11:02:27 am

He's right though mate we're not ambitious enough to hold on to our best players.

Cou was far from world class when FSG signed him.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1666: Aug 12, 2017 11:02:46 am
      Some rumors from some guy named Chris Williams on twitter that Barca was behind the timing of this transfer request ploy, telling Coutinho or his agent that since we have to qualify for CL, if that were to be disrupted (basically if we don't go through due to the turmoil of his transfer request) it would be easier for him to force through his move with us not having CL football. Not sure how anyone would know that, but if true, absolutely disgusting tactics.

Wouldn't surprise me. Tbh, we can blame Barca and that agent all we want, some even blaming FSG, but it all stems from Coutinho imo, I bet he gets the final say. Unforgivable in my eyes.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1667: Aug 12, 2017 11:04:11 am
      It's one thing buying them, another thing consolidating and ensuring we keep them by investing sufficiently overall.

True
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1668: Aug 12, 2017 11:16:59 am

We're like a hamster on a wheel. Round and round in circles we go.
      TorontoRed
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 34 posts |
      Reply #1669: Aug 12, 2017 11:28:00 am
      While this is not a done deal yet... it still is frustrating on many levels.
      Firstly, Cout requesting a transfer the day before the start of the season doesn't look good in any way. The fact that neither ownership/management (not blaming them here) couldn't convince him to stay a year doesn't look good either. Lastly, the fact that we are heading into the season with a depleted midfield is disastrous. You've seen what the lineup looks like without adam and cout. Another injury could put us exactly where we were last January.

Anyhow, the fact that this unfolded the way it did reinforces the idea that we may not be a club who, with professionalism and prestige, can attract and retain top quality at the moment. Had we sold couthino but had reinvested 100 mil on 2 key offensive players in the off-season, that would have been more digestible... That's what should have happened really.
      Alas no, this is the sh*te we find ourselves in once more. Not even trying to sh*te on anyone but it's just the combination of all the above stated factors and FSG's history... growing old
      « Last Edit: Aug 12, 2017 11:44:05 am by TorontoRed »
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #1670: Aug 12, 2017 11:33:00 am
      I really cannot believe the timing of this so called 'transfer request'.  It smacks of agent greed to me, and I know Couts would love to join Barca, but he signed a five year contract in Jan/ feb, which his agent got a sizeable sum,  so now, he puts in a last payday (for him), because once he goes, he will never make money off him again. Worst thing to happen to football, as far as fans are concerned.
      FKIN parasites. (agents)
      Did not the same thing happen in regards to Torres...?
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #1671: Aug 12, 2017 11:35:43 am
      We face exactly the same scenario as with Torres, Suarez and Sterling and very possibly Coutinho.
      They abandon LFC for a side capabĺe of winning trophies.
      H&G, FSG whatever -  master's of mediocrity.
      Just posted the same before reading yours stuey... Completely agree
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #1672: Aug 12, 2017 11:41:25 am
      I follow EotK, but generally their articles don't do much for me, but this one I have similar thoughts. (see below)

Coutinho & Klopp’s relationship ‘souring for 6 months’, but we call Bulls*it

This is complete tosh.

It’s clearly an attempt from Coutinho’s representatives to create a situation where it’s no longer feasible for our no.10 to stay at Liverpool…

‘A close family member,’ (who we believe is just Coutinho’s agent Kia Joorabchian) has told Sky Sports that our Brazilian has ‘fallen out’ with Jürgen Klopp and has been wanting an exit for six months now.

They claim the source told them Coutinho has grievances with being substituted too often and playing in different positions.

But six months ago, Coutinho signed a five-year contract, without a release clause, and happily stated how happy he was at Liverpool and specifically that he had no ambitions to play in Spain.

He then played phenomenally for the final few months of the season, putting in match winning performances against Everton, West Ham and Middlesbrough.

When scoring in each of those matches, he performed manic, emotional celebrations – often sharing an embrace with his manager.

At the start of the summer, Coutinho flew home to Brazil and bought all his family and friends the new Liverpool shirt.

Last month during Liverpool’s pre-season camp in Germany, he told Klopp he would understand if the club chose to keep him.

He has NOT been agitating for a move for six months. It’s complete rubbish spread by agents who want the move to go through.

They’re parasites.
      http://www.empireofthekop.com/2017/08/12/coutinho-klopps-relationship-souring-for-6-months-but-we-call-bullsit/

First of all, Kia Joorabchian, remember him? if not you should: Tevez, Mascherano and others.

So my 2¢s:

With the interest from Barcelona all summer, Coutinho and his agent have kept very quiet, why was this? I, possibly wrong with hindsight believed that we had a player who was loyal, and happy with his lot, after all if he wasn't he'd be saying something, even if he was flattered, but I heard and read nothing.

Liverpool consistently said he was not for sale, sorted, nothing to see or get worried about.

Coutinho then gets a sore back, some said he's putting it on, but hey, it could be true, I tend to believe people.

Barcelona offered £90m, still LFC stated not for sale, all good, but then some totally crazy reports claim that Barcelona have cancelled Coutinho's unveiling, what? were they that cocky, surely not... but then...

Liverpool release a statement:
      We wish to offer clarity as regards our position on a possible transfer of Philippe Coutinho.

The club’s definitive stance is that no offers for Philippe will be considered and he will remain a member of Liverpool Football Club when the summer window closes.

Odd, but surely they did not have to do this, as they and Coutinho had not indicated that an move was even hinted at, only those Catalainain parasites, Barcelona, had been causing the ticker tape to twitch.

All of a sudden Sly Sports News has a message from 'family member', family member in the Mafia sense, or hereditary version, who knows?

Then wallop, Coutinho sends an e-mail after the door to Barcelona is well and truly closed, saying he wants to leave.

What, all of a sudden after 3 hours from that LFC press release? Really? No way sunshine, you, your 'representative' and Barcelona were so sure the deal was a fore gone conclusion, that LFC would sell, as the latter always get what they want don't they? We always sell don't we?  You were so confident that you did not say anything for months.

Well your little plan has well and truly backfired, LFC do not need the money, and you have a 5yr contract, your 'representative' does not own a percentage of your contract. You are here unless LFC decide to allow you to leave.

You're paid well, suck it up sunshine.

Hero to zero, the Magician is just a boy with out a brain.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #1673: Aug 12, 2017 11:42:06 am
      Thought hard about this one now and I think if we can get over 100M then he must sell. Yes I understand we do not have much time so whether January offers more chance not sure. If we cannot source 2 possibly 3 players for that improving our squad at same time then thats our scouting issue. He is no where near the loss of Suarez, Gerrard or Torres at peak. Think about his pressing as well he doesnt do it very well and hardly bosses games consistently . Listen Im not saying hes sh*te far from it but if he doesnt want to play and with the money flying about at the moment I think if FSG allow it to be pumped back in we should do it. There are players out there who can replace him . Afterall how much did we pay for him when he was struggling at Inter . Just think its going to turn ugly which could impact other players. Thanks for the memories but as the King once said ..

Sensible and level headed post Completely agree with ever thing you have posted... People should stop the melting down, let's sell him and move on... VVD please...We can score goals without Coutinho lets stop leaking them
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #1674: Aug 12, 2017 11:43:02 am
      I'd seriously bid for Dembele, spook Barca and show them we are not going to dance to their tune, even if the lad only wants Barca we can try push his fee and wages up. :D
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #1675: Aug 12, 2017 11:43:40 am

I know it's only a rumor but honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if true.

Look at Dembele and Dortmund, just after they put a price tag of €150 million he went on strike and apparently not even communicating with Dortmund reps.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #1676: Aug 12, 2017 11:51:26 am
      If FSG do sell Coutinho then I agree it has to smash that British transfer record to bits but JW has to then show some intend and put in mouth watering offers for Keita and VVD that would make Leipzig and the Saints Jizz. If we got Keita and VVD I think we would be really close to number 19. Sell Sakho and Markovic and bring in the OX and maybe if Mr Sturridge could stay fit and get back to his best then, WHAT A SIDE.
      Leipzig will want Coutinho money,so wait til next summer for him, get VVD £70 m and keep Sakho, next season give Grujic more game time, maybe even play Bobby behind the front three... Keita will wait
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #1677: Aug 12, 2017 12:01:07 pm
      Leipzig will want Coutinho money,so wait til next summer for him, get VVD £70 m and keep Sakho, next season give Grujic more game time, maybe even play Bobby behind the front three... Keita will wait

You talk as though Keita is on ice for us, and us alone.

Clearly, Klopp wanted to get in there early before he became a homing beacon to others. If he has a good season at Leipzig, the likes of Madrid, Barca, Bayern, Chelsea, and Citeh will be on red alert, where do you think that'll leave us?

All the shills on here are only too quick to remind us how we cannot compete with that lot.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #1678: Aug 12, 2017 12:06:00 pm
      This stuff about Coutinho not getting on with Jürgen is obviously total bollocks, he wouldn't have signed a contract six months ago if it were true.

That said, I can't even imagine how that statement would have been received if Rodgers was still in charge.

Quick Reply