Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should LFC sell Coutinho to Barcelona in this transfer window?

Yes, sell now, leaves now.
      (20.4%)
      Yes, sell now,go in the summer
      (59.2%)
      No, he stays, what ever.
      (20.4%)

Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)

Read 283781 times
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Re: Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)
      Reply #1679: Aug 12, 2017 12:07:47 pm
      This stuff about Coutinho not getting on with Jürgen is obviously total bollocks, he wouldn't have signed a contract six months ago if it were true.

That said, I can't even imagine how that statement would have been received if Rodgers was still in charge.

Indeed, on both points.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1680: Aug 12, 2017 12:08:31 pm
      I follow EotK, but generally their articles don't do much for me, but this one I have similar thoughts. (see below)

Coutinho & Klopp’s relationship ‘souring for 6 months’, but we call Bulls*it

This is complete tosh.

It’s clearly an attempt from Coutinho’s representatives to create a situation where it’s no longer feasible for our no.10 to stay at Liverpool…

‘A close family member,’ (who we believe is just Coutinho’s agent Kia Joorabchian) has told Sky Sports that our Brazilian has ‘fallen out’ with Jürgen Klopp and has been wanting an exit for six months now.

They claim the source told them Coutinho has grievances with being substituted too often and playing in different positions.

But six months ago, Coutinho signed a five-year contract, without a release clause, and happily stated how happy he was at Liverpool and specifically that he had no ambitions to play in Spain.

He then played phenomenally for the final few months of the season, putting in match winning performances against Everton, West Ham and Middlesbrough.

When scoring in each of those matches, he performed manic, emotional celebrations – often sharing an embrace with his manager.

At the start of the summer, Coutinho flew home to Brazil and bought all his family and friends the new Liverpool shirt.

Last month during Liverpool’s pre-season camp in Germany, he told Klopp he would understand if the club chose to keep him.

He has NOT been agitating for a move for six months. It’s complete rubbish spread by agents who want the move to go through.

They’re parasites.
      http://www.empireofthekop.com/2017/08/12/coutinho-klopps-relationship-souring-for-6-months-but-we-call-bullsit/

First of all, Kia Joorabchian, remember him? if not you should: Tevez, Mascherano and others.

So my 2¢s:

With the interest from Barcelona all summer, Coutinho and his agent have kept very quiet, why was this? I, possibly wrong with hindsight believed that we had a player who was loyal, and happy with his lot, after all if he wasn't he'd be saying something, even if he was flattered, but I heard and read nothing.

Liverpool consistently said he was not for sale, sorted, nothing to see or get worried about.

Coutinho then gets a sore back, some said he's putting it on, but hey, it could be true, I tend to believe people.

Barcelona offered £90m, still LFC stated not for sale, all good, but then some totally crazy reports claim that Barcelona have cancelled Coutinho's unveiling, what? were they that cocky, surely not... but then...

Liverpool release a statement:
      We wish to offer clarity as regards our position on a possible transfer of Philippe Coutinho.

The club’s definitive stance is that no offers for Philippe will be considered and he will remain a member of Liverpool Football Club when the summer window closes.

Odd, but surely they did not have to do this, as they and Coutinho had not indicated that an move was even hinted at, only those Catalainain parasites, Barcelona, had been causing the ticker tape to twitch.

All of a sudden Sly Sports News has a message from 'family member', family member in the Mafia sense, or hereditary version, who knows?

Then wallop, Coutinho sends an e-mail after the door to Barcelona is well and truly closed, saying he wants to leave.

What, all of a sudden after 3 hours from that LFC press release? Really? No way sunshine, you, your 'representative' and Barcelona were so sure the deal was a fore gone conclusion, that LFC would sell, as the latter always get what they want don't they? We always sell don't we?  You were so confident that you did not say anything for months.

Well your little plan has well and truly backfired, LFC do not need the money, and you have a 5yr contract, your 'representative' does not own a percentage of your contract. You are here unless LFC decide to allow you to leave.

You're paid well, suck it up sunshine.

Hero to zero, the Magician is just a boy with out a brain.

Wanting to move for 6 months but signed a big new contract 6 months ago. They really are clutching aren't they.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #1681: Aug 12, 2017 02:34:54 pm
      You talk as though Keita is on ice for us, and us alone.

Not what I was saying, just that he will be going no where this season, so we should concentrate our efforts and resources on try to sign VVD.... Cash plus Lovern should do it  >:D

Clearly, Klopp wanted to get in there early before he became a homing beacon to others. If he has a good season at Leipzig, the likes of Madrid, Barca, Bayern, Chelsea, and Citeh will be on red alert, where do you think that'll leave us?

All the shills on here are only too quick to remind us how we cannot compete with that lot.
      That battle is for next season
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #1682: Aug 12, 2017 03:30:14 pm
      Can't really blame Coutinho wanting to leave.

Let's face it Barcelona are trying to punt £100M on bringing him in while we're buying left backs from Hull for £8M.

Transfers are how a club shows ambition not just to its fans to but to its existing squad. 
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #1683: Aug 12, 2017 03:31:14 pm
      Did not the same thing happen in regards to Torres...?

And would Torres have left if Suarez had been signed 4 months earlier and they had formed a formidable strike force?

Even with the Hodge in charge I doubt it.
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #1684: Aug 12, 2017 03:32:56 pm
      Can't really blame Coutinho wanting to leave.

Let's face it Barcelona are trying to punt £100M on bringing him in while we're buying left backs from Hull for £8M.

Transfers are how a club shows ambition not just to its fans to but to its existing squad.

Why only pick Robertson as an example though? If we're going to pick transfers, look at the last transfers Barcelona have done defensively and how much they have cost. Aleix Vidal, Mathieu, Vermaelen, Douglas, Umtiti and the lot. That's indeed some great ambition Barcelona have showed there!

And if 'trying' qualifies as showing ambition. We 'tried' to punt £80 and £60 million for Keita and Van Dijk.
      « Last Edit: Aug 12, 2017 03:39:20 pm by Danzel »
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1685: Aug 12, 2017 03:50:02 pm
      while we're buying left backs from Hull for £8M.

That doesn't even make the bench.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1686: Aug 12, 2017 03:56:14 pm
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #1687: Aug 12, 2017 04:21:05 pm

Not sure how they class that as encouraging. Jürgen washing his hands of it and saying it's not his decision? I'd much rather be hearing him come out and say Coutinho's not for sale, like he has before.

Worrying, I would say. It's rarely a good sign when managers start going I'm just the coach, I just do my best with who they let me have.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #1688: Aug 12, 2017 04:23:51 pm

“If they don't sell him, then I am not involved any more"

What does that mean? Klopp wants him gone but the owners want him to stay?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1689: Aug 12, 2017 04:26:18 pm
      Seems like Klopp wants him gone!

Will FSG risk the wrath of the fans, mind you £100M would sweeten the backlash.
      Redangel

• 8,084 posts | 966 
      Reply #1690: Aug 12, 2017 04:26:58 pm

It's as clear as mud!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1691: Aug 12, 2017 04:31:46 pm

How unbelievable would that be? So if we were to take that comment at face value we're left in a situation where either Coutinho leaves or Klopp leaves? What a F***ing mess.
      Redangel

• 8,084 posts | 966 
      Reply #1692: Aug 12, 2017 04:37:20 pm
      I wish Klopp had just said our position is as it was, transfer request does not change our position.
      Instead, he's muddied the waters, and left many of us asking exactly what is going on!
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1693: Aug 12, 2017 04:37:44 pm

And rightly so should Klopp want him gone. I hope we sell him and able to get a good replacement, and if not, let him rot at home for 6 months nursing his back injury.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1694: Aug 12, 2017 04:38:05 pm
      I wish Klopp had just said our position is as it was, transfer request does not change our position.
      Instead, he's muddied the waters, and left many of us asking exactly what is going on!

Been a shambles hasn't it?
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #1695: Aug 12, 2017 04:39:14 pm

I don't think he meant it that way ( bloody hope not!). I think he was more just washing his hands of the decision one way or another.

But, like I said before, that is also worrying in its own way.
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #1696: Aug 12, 2017 04:42:44 pm
      How unbelievable would that be? So if we were to take that comment at face value we're left in a situation where either Coutinho leaves or Klopp leaves? What a f**king mess.

Maybe he meant something along the lines of, the owners have made a statement that he won't leave (so they don't sell), so I don't have to tell you guys anymore he's not leaving (I'm no longer involved in all the talking in the media)? Something lost in translation there maybe?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1697: Aug 12, 2017 04:45:07 pm
      Maybe he meant something along the lines of, the owners have made a statement that he won't leave (so they don't sell), so I don't have to tell you guys anymore he's not leaving (I'm no longer involved in all the talking in the media)? Something lost in translation there maybe?

Yeah I think you're right there. A case of 'they've called it already so I needn't be involved'. Definitely a case of translation.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #1698: Aug 12, 2017 06:38:49 pm
      Funny how now all of the sudden, transfers aren't decided by Klopp...they are decided by someone above him. Peter Moore told us that Klopp and Edwards were in charge of player movement. So now Klopp says it's not up to him.

This is getting a bit worrisome....never good when your manager appears to be drawing lines in the sand (one way or the other).
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1699: Aug 12, 2017 07:18:42 pm
      He's right though mate we're not ambitious enough to hold on to our best players.

Cou was far from world class when FSG signed him.

Were Manure unambitious when they lost Ronaldo, how about Barca when they lost Neymar?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #1700: Aug 12, 2017 07:20:24 pm
      Were Manure unambitious when they lost Ronaldo, how about Barca when they lost Neymar?

Are you serious? United and Barca routinely go after the biggest and best players, year after year. That's the pure definition of ambitious.

Yes they occasionally lose some, but they don't 'eff around, they try and replace them.
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,400 posts | 189 
      Reply #1701: Aug 12, 2017 07:21:59 pm
      Funny how now all of the sudden, transfers aren't decided by Klopp...they are decided by someone above him. Peter Moore told us that Klopp and Edwards were in charge of player movement. So now Klopp says it's not up to him.

This is getting a bit worrisome....never good when your manager appears to be drawing lines in the sand (one way or the other).

Agreed!  TBH mate , I never truly believed that Klopp has final say in all transfers despite what we've been told.    He might have more say than say BR did, but bottom line , the money men control the purse strings.

We have 3 weeks til the deadline. I'm not gonna judge the window until its closed. But as of today,  it's looking sh*te. Basically could end up with Salah IN Couts OUT. That would be an epic fail. Time will tell.

Quick Reply