Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should LFC sell Coutinho to Barcelona in this transfer window?

Yes, sell now, leaves now.
      (20.4%)
      Yes, sell now,go in the summer
      (59.2%)
      No, he stays, what ever.
      (20.4%)

Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)

Read 283826 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Re: Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)
      Reply #1702: Aug 12, 2017 07:24:19 pm
      Agreed!  TBH mate , I never truly believed that Klopp has final say in all transfers despite what we've been told.    He might have more say than say BR did, but bottom line , the money men control the purse strings.

We have 3 weeks til the deadline. I'm not gonna judge the window until its closed. But as of today,  it's looking sh*te. Basically could end up with Salah IN Couts OUT. That would be an epic fail. Time will tell.

Even if we keep Coutinho it's been an epic fail. I don't care who anyone wants to blame, the bottom line is did we strengthen enough? NO.
      Kopite78
      Reply #1703: Aug 12, 2017 07:26:28 pm
      Were Manure unambitious when they lost Ronaldo, how about Barca when they lost Neymar?

But did they have complete and utter   f**k wits of owners who have  a history of not being able to get deals done to replace him

Complete f**king amateur cu*ts
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1704: Aug 12, 2017 07:27:53 pm
      Whatever Klopp thinks about Cou's actions, assuming we keep him, it's his job to make sure he gets him back into the side asap.

Can't afford another Sakho shutout. Manager needs to manage this one, nobody is happy with whats going on with Cou, but it's his job to get the most out of our best player. And we need him back playing pronto.

RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #1705: Aug 12, 2017 07:31:56 pm
      I work in the NHS, as some of you may know, if I wanted to move jobs I have to give 8 weeks notice.

These players need to take some ownership of their decisions, and the resulting consequences.

Just saying I've had enough and I'm off is crass and deplorable.
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,400 posts | 189 
      Reply #1706: Aug 12, 2017 07:40:20 pm
      Even if we keep Coutinho it's been an epic fail. I don't care who anyone wants to blame, the bottom line is did we strengthen enough? NO.

Gotta agree with you there also. Absolutley NO!!  Considering the added games, CL football (which is not even automatic as we speak) , sadly it's possible we can still have to muddle through the Europa. And with the same squad +1 starter,  and one HUGE question mark in Coutinho.  We barely had enough guys to field a team last year in Jan- Feb. What makes anyone think it will be different this year?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1707: Aug 12, 2017 08:42:23 pm
      “If they don't sell him, then I am not involved any more"

What does that mean? Klopp wants him gone but the owners want him to stay?

Just watched this snippet of the press conference, it was more a general example of selling and keeping players, nothing directed at Coutinho.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #1708: Aug 12, 2017 09:01:52 pm
      I work in the NHS, as some of you may know, if I wanted to move jobs I have to give 8 weeks notice.

These players need to take some ownership of their decisions, and the resulting consequences.

Just saying I've had enough and I'm off is crass and deplorable.

It's not just players. If it was there would be less of an issue. It's the out of control agents. I realise not all of them are bad but there is insufficient regulation to discourage bad behaviour amongst them, so you end up with a situation where these so-called 'Super Agents' engineer moves that are best for them, and do so in the most reprehensible manner possible. Coutinho, and ironically, Van Dyke, after Suarez and Sterling, amongst countless others across the globe, simply demonstrate the desperate need for tighter regulation on agents that because of the actions of a minority, ruining the modern game.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #1709: Aug 12, 2017 10:29:33 pm
      F****** hell now even Jürgen admits he hasn't got the "first and last call" on transfers   :f_whistle:.

Ah but ......... (flip flop).
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1710: Aug 12, 2017 10:54:42 pm
      https://twitter.com/GraemeKelly1/status/896487713507028996

Apparently his picture was being taken down from the club shop or somewhere in the stadium today. (don't know which one/where in the stadium)

Anyone that was there could confirm this?
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #1711: Aug 12, 2017 11:15:31 pm
      This reminds me of the time my boss sold his 30 tonne digger and came back next day with 2 shovels .
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1712: Aug 12, 2017 11:53:56 pm
      Unless there is some serious language-related misunderstanding from thoe comments by Klopp - I am totally disappointed. Feeling very let down as a supporter of management.  Maybe there's something else to happen that I'm not seeing, but between his words and just...his tone and body language, this is getting worse by the minute.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1713: Aug 13, 2017 12:01:47 am
      F****** hell now even Jürgen admits he hasn't got the "first and last call" on transfers   :f_whistle:.

Ah but ......... (flip flop).

Did he actually say that though
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1714: Aug 13, 2017 12:05:27 am
      Allegedly be a club statement at 11 tomorrow morning
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1715: Aug 13, 2017 12:11:19 am

Mcdonalds our new sock sponsor maybe?
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #1716: Aug 13, 2017 12:12:49 am
      He's gone.

Liverpool are a joke in the transfer market. Selling our only world class player.

I F***ing hate the owners. I'm sick and tired of this small club mentality.

F***ing bunch of cu*ts!!!!!
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #1717: Aug 13, 2017 12:39:45 am
      https://twitter.com/GraemeKelly1/status/896487713507028996

Apparently his picture was being taken down from the club shop or somewhere in the stadium today. (don't know which one/where in the stadium)

Anyone that was there could confirm this?

Funny how the video recording is cut so short....  you know, just when it may show that it's not just Coutinho getting done ;D

Word is that posters are being replaced due to the shirt sponsor.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1718: Aug 13, 2017 12:45:20 am
      Funny how the video recording is cut so short....  you know, just when it may show that it's not just Coutinho getting done ;D

Fair enough, would make sense to be fair.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1719: Aug 13, 2017 12:51:37 am
      So the part where I wondered if something is lost in translation is here:

"If they don't sell him, then I am not involved any more." By "don't sell him, does he mean we have decided NOT to sell him, so there's nothing left for me to be involved with." ???

"I'm responsible for all of our players, not just one or two or three, but all of them. “I can't say anything about it, the only thing is I work with the players I have. That's what I'm always doing." - just saying he'snot focused on Phil,but on the entire team?

“How can it change something for me? I didn't make the decision." Does he mean the decision by Phil to hand in a transfer request?

“You have to ask the club. I didn't see the club insiders today. You have to ask them. Does he mean about whether anything new has transpired with Phil's situation during match day?

“I don't think (it changes anything). It was pretty clear what the club said about it. That's all.” THIS line is what makes me think the above MIGHT be correct, because this line seems more like what Klopp had been saying before - that he's not being sold.

I'm not saying the above is what he actually meant, but I have no idea at this  point what he actually meant. There have been other statements from him in the past, about less vital matters, where I had to kind of ponder of his English to understand what he actually meant. I'm hoping (against hope) that this is the case with these comments.

The part about the club deciding on transfers seems very different than what has been said before,and I don't think there's any parsing to be done with that part. So again, I'm very confused and, pending clarification of these statements, disappointment.
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #1720: Aug 13, 2017 12:59:44 am
      Fair enough, would make sense to be fair.

Wasn't aimed at you mate ;)
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #1721: Aug 13, 2017 01:27:43 am
      I know I'm in the minority, and I know swap deals almost never happen, but....  I would be all for selling as long as we get Gomes in part exchange and enough money to buy another wide attacker like Mahrez.  Andre Gomes could replace what Philippe brings from the CM/CAM roles.  Mahrez could replace what he brings from a wide attacking role.  This would also give us better depth and more flexibility with team selections. 

Like I said, I know it won't happen and I'll probably get slaughtered for even mentioning it, but that's my take on the situation.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1722: Aug 13, 2017 01:32:35 am

Jesus how many statements, apologies, redactions, reactions...and otherwise clarifying statements do we need? Whether it is not selling, to Jen Chang...to ticketing...we must have 1/2 dozen a year.

Back the damn manager....get someone in like Zorc to run footballing, give them the money the club earns and let them do they're jobs.

I mean either you know a business and you run it yourself, or your smart enough to know you can't do it and hire the best people to run it for you, support them and stand the f**k back.

It's not rocket science.

Tomorrow statement is probably going to be on the Tibet thing.

zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,596 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1723: Aug 13, 2017 01:57:41 am

He's gone.

Liverpool are a joke in the transfer market. Selling our only world class player.

I F***ing hate the owners. I'm sick and tired of this small club mentality.

F***ing bunch of cu*ts!!!!!

He is definitely GONE  :(   :mad: :mad: :mad:
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #1724: Aug 13, 2017 02:06:24 am
      Some shouts that we're going for Insigne to replace Phil now.

If so, I think we'd actually be getting one of the next best in line to fill his boots in a like-for-like way.

Quick Reply