Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should LFC sell Coutinho to Barcelona in this transfer window?

Yes, sell now, leaves now.
      (20.4%)
      Yes, sell now,go in the summer
      (59.2%)
      No, he stays, what ever.
      (20.4%)

Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)

Read 287066 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)
      Reply #1771: Aug 13, 2017 06:54:39 pm

Which is??
      Kopite78
      Reply #1772: Aug 13, 2017 06:57:09 pm

Have a negative net spend, put some sh*te statement out, promise it won't happen again.... Say it's there to spend if needed but never actually spend it even though it's needed...

Have a glass of wine and snigger

Rinse and repeat
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1773: Aug 13, 2017 07:02:58 pm
      Have a negative net spend, put some sh*te statement out, promise it won't happen again.... Say it's there to spend if needed but never actually spend it even though it's needed...

Have a glass of wine and snigger

Rinse and repeat

Yes but my point is who benefits from a negative spend, its not as if the owners just pay it out to themselves, the money is just sitting in the club bank accounts where it does no one any good. No the problem here is the inflexibility of the manager in only having a few targets and when those were knocked back having no further options. THAT is not the owners fault.
      Kopite78
      Reply #1774: Aug 13, 2017 07:15:04 pm
      Yes but my point is who benefits from a negative spend, its not as if the owners just pay it out to themselves, the money is just sitting in the club bank accounts where it does no one any good. No the problem here is the inflexibility of the manager in only having a few targets and when those were knocked back having no further options. THAT is not the owners fault.

Pay for his targets then?

And don't you think good bank accounts look good as a company?
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1775: Aug 13, 2017 07:40:53 pm

What do you think?

£125,000,000 for Keita & £100,000,000 for VVD should get it done no?

Make them an offer they can in no way refuse.
      Kopite78
      Reply #1776: Aug 13, 2017 07:50:54 pm
      What do you think?

£125,000,000 for Keita & £100,000,000 for VVD should get it done no?

What ever it takes...
      But maybe just more upfront, we've spent f**k all for the last couple of years net, so there should be f**king plenty to get the managers targets in

Tell you what though if you think we have done all we can then I call bullshit

You telling me all things equal that we are interested in a player yet to get to his prime who has a buy out clause for 48m next summer can't be done if we are offering an enticing deal? But Chelsea for example can get a midfielder from a team who have just won their league, are a more established side, are more set to move forward, have CL football too... But they can get him for less and far far quicker? But we apparently offer more from a side from nowhere who aren't in a cash rich league like we are, aren't as big a side as us... And will apparently lose out on millions from our offer now to what they can get next summer... But we can't get him? All being equal?
      We are likely not offering enough up front, more on a structured basis and more on contract clauses being met...

We are a f**king shambles mate... They're absolute shitsters, we will never ever ever be successful under these because they care about the business rather than success. They celebrate commercial deals like others celebrate trophies..
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1777: Aug 13, 2017 07:56:46 pm
      Tell you what though if you think we have done all we can then I call bullshit

I don't know if we have or have not; structuring of payments is an issue as there are probably less than 1/2 dozen clubs in the world that can pay cash up front on a player and we're not one of them.  Add to the fact that the PL clubs are awash with cash right now...look at the Everton/Swansea situation as a prime example.

Truly the on way it's going to get fixed is to have someone come in that can blow the socks off the ownership and buy them out.

To me all of this is like complaining it's dark outside when the sun goes down....not much any of us can do about it unless someone on this board knows a person with the kind of money to get the job done and can convince them to buy the club.

People could protest and try to get them out but again that's not the greatest advertisement to someone wanting to buy the club.

As far as them never being able to compete with the big money I would agree..don't think that makes them crooks or shysters more like impotent in the face of a club like city or psg.
      « Last Edit: Aug 13, 2017 08:03:42 pm by AZPatriot »
      Kopite78
      Reply #1778: Aug 13, 2017 08:10:52 pm
      I don't know if we have or have not; structuring of payments is an issue as there are probably less than 1/2 dozen clubs in the world that can pay cash up front on a player and we're not one of them.  Add to the fact that the PL clubs are awash with cash right now...look at the Everton/Swansea situation as a prime example.

Truly the on way it's going to get fixed is to have someone come in that can blow the socks off the ownership and buy them out.

To me all of this is like complaining it's dark outside when the sun goes down....not much any of us can do about it unless someone on this board knows a person with the kind of money to get the job done and can convince them to buy the club.

People could protest and try to get them out but again that's not the greatest advertisement to someone wanting to buy the club.

As far as them never being able to compete with the big money I would agree..don't think that makes them crooks or shysters more like impotent in the face of a club like city or psg.

You be happy then bud..

Good luck to you.

For the record I don't hate them, I dont hate many things, I just call bullshit when I see it and these lot are f**king bullshitters who will never bring us success.
      Do I expect them to do more than city or Chelsea or psg? Do I f**k... but I expect them to do more than they do... if you think it's impossible for us to do deals like Keita and VVD then you have been truly sucked in and I feel sorry for you buddy
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1779: Aug 13, 2017 08:13:04 pm
      You be happy then bud..

Good luck to you.

For the record I don't hate them, I dont hate many things, I just call bullshit when I see it and these lot are f**king bullshitters who will never bring us success.
      Do I expect them to do more than city or Chelsea or psg? Do I f**k... but I expect them to do more than they do... if you think it's impossible for us to do deals like Keita and VVD then you have been truly sucked in and I feel sorry for you buddy

I didn't realize that I had been sucked in nor do I need good luck for it.

You asked the question, I answered in saying they do have limitations.

Why would I be happy?

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,992 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1780: Aug 13, 2017 08:15:19 pm

We are a f**king shambles mate... They're absolute shitsters, we will never ever ever be successful under these because they care about the business rather than success. They celebrate commercial deals like others celebrate trophies..

I've been saying this for a while now. Your owners simply don't show the passion you and your supporters have.
      Kopite78
      Reply #1781: Aug 13, 2017 08:17:20 pm
      I didn't realize that I had been sucked in nor do I need good luck for it.

You asked the question, I answered in saying they do have limitations.

Why would I be happy?

Why make excuses then?

There is no logical reason a club our size any get these deals done unless there is something  holding us back.

There is no reason  with the lack of net spend and monies in  over the last few years.. none at all, so there must be a reason you're looking for one.

I can't be arsed  either way mate, you defend them or look for answers all you like buddy
      Kopite78
      Reply #1782: Aug 13, 2017 08:18:22 pm
      I've been saying this for a while now. Your owners simply don't show the passion you and your supporters have.

Stick to your own mate... No interest in your club or your opinion on mine

✌
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1783: Aug 13, 2017 08:25:02 pm
      Why make excuses then?

There is no logical reason a club our size any get these deals done unless there is something  holding us back.

There is no reason  with the lack of net spend and monies over the last few years.. none at all, so there must be a reason you're looking for one.

I can't be arsed  either way mate, you defend them or look answers all you like buddy

I am not making excuses....I simply can't be bothered because there's not a goddamn person on this board including myself that can do f**k all about it now is there?

Many here have heaved and hawed, bi*ch and moaned for pretty much a decade now and what has it solved? What has changed? What have you done about it? What has BBB done about it?

The truth is people can barely have control over they're own lives let alone over something like this. I am going to worry, sweat and be bothered by things that I can actually control; not on thing that I have ZERO control over.

Now I may post more in line with some others on here, and those posts might not fit yours or others own agenda and that is fine...bunch of billionaires don't need me protecting and/or defending.

Truth is this board is more of an outlet for people to vent and be angry than it is about talking football or actually enjoying the matches.

I just choose to post more in line with the positive posters than with the negative sh*t because that's the way I am in real life.

Doesn't however mean that myself or other posters don't want better players or to win things...truth be told none of us would care at all if tomorrow ABC or XYZ company took over from FSG; chances are things won't change much here.
      « Last Edit: Aug 13, 2017 08:29:25 pm by AZPatriot »
      Kopite78
      Reply #1784: Aug 13, 2017 08:45:47 pm
      I am not making excuses....I simply can't be bothered because there's not a goddamn person on this board including myself that can do f**k all about it now is there?

Many here have heaved and hawed, bi*ch and moaned for pretty much a decade now and what has it solved? What has changed? What have you done about it? What has BBB done about it?

The truth is people can barely have control over they're own lives let alone over something like this. I am going to worry, sweat and be bothered by things that I can actually control; not on thing that I have ZERO control over.

Now I may post more in line with some others on here, and those posts might not fit yours or others own agenda and that is fine...bunch of billionaires don't need me protecting and/or defending.

Truth is this board is more of an outlet for people to vent and be angry than it is about talking football or actually enjoying the matches.

I just choose to post more in line with the positive posters than with the negative sh*t because that's the way I am in real life.

Doesn't however mean that myself or other posters don't want better players or to win things...truth be told none of us would care at all if tomorrow ABC or XYZ company took over from FSG; chances are things won't change much here.

You be positive mate, I am and I am when I go watch the game every week..

But you say we can't do anything about it, that you want better? I agree we can't do anything about it but that doesn't mean I will be a happy clapper about them.

If you want better, why oppose the ones who speak out against them if you ultimately want the same thing? Why create an argument if you feel the same thing?

As I said if you don't believe that our ownership couldnt have done more in the chase of essentially players not near the top level in the game from mid ranking sides and are happy to accept it without the odd rant good luck to you mate
      I tend to believe if we had more decisive and better owners a club the size of Liverpool could easily do those deals like other clubs easily get their business done eg Bakayoko from Monoco. Less money from a more established side
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1785: Aug 13, 2017 08:57:04 pm

If you want better, why oppose the ones who speak out against them if you ultimately want the same thing? Why create an argument if you feel the same thing?

If you told me that FSG cannot compete with other clubs financially I would agree.

If you told me that FSG's system in regards to selling players and recruiting is flawed I would agree but then also point to the statement above this one.

If you said that FSG look like amateur hour in the amount of back-tracking, issuing statements ie ticketing, apologies...etc..etc I would 100% agree...personally drives me batty.

However.

Half of the stuff that is posted by some members of this board "who want what is best" is pure unadulterated bullshit conspiracy stuff that has no logical or factual evidence and does nothing but attempt to add more divisiveness to an already divisive situation.

That is where I draw the line...right there it's bullshit only posted to get people even more upset and angry.

Half the problem with this board as in many things in society today is there is no grey area...it's either all one way or all the other.

I am right in the middle and have no intention of taking sides.

I tend to believe if we had more decisive and better owners a club the size of Liverpool could easily do those deals like other clubs easily get their business done eg Bakayoko from Monoco. Less money from a more established side.

Goes without saying doesn't it?...but saying so and what reality is are two different things no?  Saying it over and over again every day, every  week, month, year is not going to make it any better now is it?
      Kopite78
      Reply #1786: Aug 13, 2017 08:59:41 pm
      If you told me that FSG cannot compete with other clubs financially I would agree.

If you told me that FSG's system in regards to selling players and recruiting is flawed I would agree but then also point to the statement above this one.

If you said that FSG look like amateur hour in the amount of back-tracking, issuing statements ie ticketing, apologies...etc..etc I would 100% agree...personally drives me batty.

However.

Half of the stuff that is posted by some members of this board "who want what is best" is pure unadulterated bullshit conspiracy stuff that has no logical or factual evidence and does nothing but attempt to add more divisiveness to an already divisive situation.

That is where I draw the line...right there.

Half the problem with this board as in many things in society today is there is no grey area...it's either all one way or all the other.

I am right in the middle and have no intention of taking sides.

Goes without saying doesn't it?...but saying so and what reality is are two different things no?  Saying it over and over again every day, every  week, month, year is not going to make it any better now is it?

I've said all those things buddy

Look there are years of evidence behind us now, if you're happy with them and what they've done good for you 🖒
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1787: Aug 13, 2017 09:19:42 pm
      I've said all those things buddy

Look there are years of evidence behind us now, if you're happy with them and what they've done good for you 🖒

Show me one post where I said I am happy.

Please show me a post as to where I said how wonderful they are and how great things are?

Just because some of us don't gnash our teeth or spit venom from our mouth's doesn't mean we're thrilled.

Just because some of us don't jump on every twitter conspiracy like wolves don't mean were anti-club/apologists.

Again...all one way  or all another never ever any middle.

It's never ever going to be the 1980's again for LFC...it's never going to be the 2000's again for United.

The game is awash with money and the parity of the top clubs mean that it's doubtful some type of football dynasty is going to appear within the PL.

Can we do better?  Yes

Should we try every year to improve?  Yes

Could we have better owners? Yes

Could there be worse owners? Yes

If we got bought out by Beijing inc. are we going to win the league every year? No

Do all of us need to sing from a hymn book of despair, conspiracy and self-pity daily to make us show our worth?

Tell you what...you want better then you fella's come up with a plan to make things better, present it and I will be happy to sign off up to and including financially if enough people do the same.

Until then don't expect me to join the torch and pitchfork crowd just for the sake of membership.

There is enough divisiveness already.
      « Last Edit: Aug 13, 2017 09:23:50 pm by AZPatriot »
      Kopite78
      Reply #1788: Aug 13, 2017 09:24:30 pm
      Show me one post where I said I am happy.

Please show me a post as to where I said how wonderful they are and how great things are?

Just because some of us don't gnash our teeth or spit venom from our mouth's doesn't mean we're thrilled.

Just because some of us don't jump on every twitter conspiracy like wolves don't mean were anti-club/apologists.

Again...all one way  or all another never ever any middle.

It's never ever going to be the 1980's again for LFC...it's never going to be the 2000's again for United.

The game is awash with money and the parity of the top clubs mean that it's doubtful some type of football dynasty is going to appear within the PL.

Can we do better?  Yes

Should we try every year to improve?  Yes

Could we have better owners? Yes

Could there be worse owners? Yes

If we got bought out by Beijing inc. are we going to win the league every year? No

Do all of us need to sing from a hymn book of despair, conspiracy and self-pity daily to make us show our worth?

Tell you what...you want better then you fella's come up with a plan to make things better, present it and I will be happy to sign off up to and including financially if enough people do the same.

Until then don't expect me to join the torch and pitchfork crowd just for the sake of membership.

There is enough divisiveness already.

😒

You're confusing both of us.

Have a good night x
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1789: Aug 13, 2017 09:27:49 pm
      😒

You're confusing both of us.

Have a good night x

I'm not confused at all.

Your asking why I'm not jumping on the bandwagon.

Your questioning myself and others and labeling us apologists because we do not see everything in black or white (mainly just black)like others do.

I am not a bandwagon jumper...sorry to disappoint.

I wish we could win the league every year...I wish ownership was more competent...I wish would would by the best players.

What else do you want?
      Kopite78
      Reply #1790: Aug 13, 2017 09:31:39 pm
      I'm not confused at all.

Your questioning myself and others and labeling us apologists because we do not see everything in black or white (mainly just black)like others do.

I wish we could win the league every year...I wish ownership was more competent...I wish would would by the best players.

What else do you want?

I'm not asking anything of the sort. I'm giving my opinion.

You're putting words into my mouth.

Night
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #1791: Aug 13, 2017 09:34:45 pm
      I'm not confused at all.

What else do you want?

Probably wants you to stop defending FSG and stop going on and on about how positive you are and how all of us negative nancies are doing it wrong. Just because you are "positive" doesn't make you right or a better supporter. If anything it makes you naive. And telling people they need to "do" something and not just bi*ch.....well that's not your place to tell people what they should or shouldn't be doing. That's what I assume he (and many others want).

No offense but I don't care how positive you are, your positivity isn't make this a successful transfer window or helping us win the league.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #1792: Aug 13, 2017 09:35:01 pm
      It's becoming a bit of a joke now,where's the money???
      Cannot believe how much cash has been saved over the last two seasons with players leaving, being sold, tv revenues and commercial deals, the list goes on and the cash rolls in .
      Yes they have built a shiny new stand and marketed us very well but that doesn't put pots in the cabinet.
      It's all beginning to stink a bit now and with the coutinho situation looking like he's going ,we will be bulging with cash and no one to spend it on.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #1793: Aug 13, 2017 09:35:04 pm
      Didn't see that with Suarez at all
      We all notice different things, that why i love chatting we poeple on this forum

Quick Reply