Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should LFC sell Coutinho to Barcelona in this transfer window?

Yes, sell now, leaves now.
      (20.4%)
      Yes, sell now,go in the summer
      (59.2%)
      No, he stays, what ever.
      (20.4%)

Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)

Read 286236 times
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Re: Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)
      Reply #2254: Aug 18, 2017 06:15:55 pm
      I wonder if next time I buy a car I can offer add ons instead of money, maybe buy a brand new Ferrari for £200.. but give them an additional 200,000 if I become a billionaire. That's what barca would do. It's football transfers not Student Finance.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,278 posts | 762 
      Reply #2255: Aug 18, 2017 06:19:15 pm
      Obviously do not want to sell, our star player. But if he does not want to play for the Reds any longer let him go. Although squeeze Barcelona, for as much cash as possible, for the little Brazilian star.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #2256: Aug 18, 2017 06:25:37 pm

Personally, I think Coutinho has been badly advised by a bloke trying to get himself another big pay out.

The way I am thinking at the moment is that before this incident Coutinho was a good player with good character.  His head has been turned like you say by his scumbag of a agent.  I will make my mind up when the situation is all over.  Most of us felt that his next destination was Spain, but were not expecting this sort of reaction.   
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,480 posts | 231 
      Reply #2257: Aug 18, 2017 07:03:38 pm
      We shouldn't sell our best player

Exactly I'm glad Klopp said Moreno is staying

;D
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,519 posts | 713 
      Reply #2258: Aug 18, 2017 07:03:58 pm
      im 90% sure we have to sell to buy. IF we dont sell coutinho we arent signing anyone else.
      grooveshark
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 167 posts | 129 
      Reply #2259: Aug 18, 2017 07:04:47 pm
      Insane that Barcelona have bid that. Similarly insane that the club has turned it down. I think that if things had turned out different earlier in the window that they may have accepted what has been put on the table, I wouldn't begrudge them for accepting it either.

However, as things stand, and the way the window has evolved, selling Coutinho is not an option this late in the window because you are not sure that the club would have what it takes to go on and replace him.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2260: Aug 18, 2017 07:10:32 pm
      Insane that Barcelona have bid that. Similarly insane that the club has turned it down. I think that if things had turned out different earlier in the window that they may have accepted what has been put on the table, I wouldn't begrudge them for accepting it either.

However, as things stand, and the way the window has evolved, selling Coutinho is not an option this late in the window because you are not sure that the club would have what it takes to go on and replace him.
      Bid less than Pogba, it's not really 114m. It's 84m+Impossible to achieve add ons.
      grooveshark
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 167 posts | 129 
      Reply #2261: Aug 18, 2017 07:13:41 pm
      Bid less than Pogba, it's not really 114m. It's 84m+Impossible to achieve add ons.
      £84M is a lot of money for any player. It is a tonne for a player who can be blindingly good or immensely average to similar effect.

I cannot also fathom why that being compared to Pogba.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #2262: Aug 18, 2017 07:15:07 pm
      im 90% sure we have to sell to buy. IF we dont sell coutinho we arent signing anyone else.

If that was true why haven't they sold him ?
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,911 posts | 4977 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #2263: Aug 18, 2017 07:15:17 pm
      Barcelona can F**k right off, f***in add ons just pay the f***in money if you want him bad enough,
      PSG paid the money to them to get Neymar so why are then Barca F***ing about with add on' s....PSG didn't say here take €150m and the we'll give you free trips to the Arc de Triomphe, a guided tour of the Eiffel pointy thing and all the frog legs you can ram down yer faces and a couple of buckets of Chardonnay,

Pay the f***in money or you can F**k OFF !!!!

YNWA
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,705 posts | 880 
      Reply #2264: Aug 18, 2017 07:40:34 pm
      Not really Heimy because if you listen to the stories being released Jürgen actually wants to sell this one. I'd be all for cutting them slack if Jürgen was saying don't sell, but I honestly don't believe that is the case.

Oh, so has Klopp said he wants to sell? I mean... I've not seen this quote?

Seems catch 22:

If FSG sell, they would be slammed for selling Coutinho their 'best player'. How could they weaken the team like that? We are not a selling club! We need to make a stand... etc. etc. etc.

If FSG do not sell, they are forcing Klopp to keep a player against his will ! How dare they?! Why won't they back their manager?! booooo!!! hissss!!! FSG out!!! etc. etc. etc.

:f_doh:
      Scottbot

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #2265: Aug 18, 2017 07:40:44 pm
      It's a big fee but it's all relative because we'll get fleeced by other clubs trying to replace him so the club are right to stick to their guns and say no. My only concern is how long it will take the player to sort his head out assuming he is still at LFC on September 1st. As for what the lad has done wrong, I'm still at a loss tbh, he put in a transfer request but I jus think 'so what'. I don't buy any of this other BS that has been leaked to the press. The Spanish newspapers have acted like spoilt little brats with some of the absolute garbage they have been printing so I'd encourage reds to disregard the lot of it.

Blood's suggestion above about going for Draxler with a view to him being Coutinho's replacement in a years time is a very good suggestion. I'd love to see that happen.

It would be nice if the biggest story In The transfer was us signing a frickin player rather than us clinging on to our best player. Tomorrow's a new day let's see what it brings.
      Kopite78
      Reply #2266: Aug 18, 2017 08:11:59 pm
      I could only see us selling Coutinho once we bring in a couple more quality players

Wow...

Thinking about that, it's going to be very interesting to see Coutinho still running out at Anfield in his late 70s
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #2267: Aug 18, 2017 08:26:59 pm
      Wow...

Thinking about that, it's going to be very interesting to see Coutinho still running out at Anfield in his late 70s

:lmao: :lmao:
      We could rename our bench to his.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #2268: Aug 18, 2017 08:42:02 pm
      Wow...

Ouch. :D
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #2269: Aug 18, 2017 09:00:40 pm
      Oh, so has Klopp said he wants to sell? I mean... I've not seen this quote?

Seems catch 22:

If FSG sell, they would be slammed for selling Coutinho their 'best player'. How could they weaken the team like that? We are not a selling club! We need to make a stand... etc. etc. etc.

If FSG do not sell, they are forcing Klopp to keep a player against his will ! How dare they?! Why won't they back their manager?! booooo!!! hissss!!! FSG out!!! etc. etc. etc.

:f_doh:

No, it's not catch 22, as I explained to AZ earlier who brought this same point up. So if you want the full answer scroll back a few pages.

Otherwise, show me where Jürgen has said "I don't want to sell one of our best players, I want Coutinho stepping out at Anfield after August 31st because I think he's crucial to what I want to do here."

Of course I expect any and all quotes to be dated after the transfer request because that's the only point it becomes relevant.

Otherwise, I'll listen to him saying that the decision has been made above his head, he doesn't have a choice in it and there's nothing more to be said. Since then his rebuttals have been with a straight bat and simply "nothing more to say". Or, "I don't speak English well enough to say the answer in 5000 different ways, the answer is still as it was."

This wasn't reading between the lines or trying to decrypt some coded message, Jürgen was quite clear with what he was saying and has since had numerous opportunities to correct or amend his stance, to which he has, to my knowledge, remained constant. So yes, FSG are driving the "Coutinho must stay" argument, of that I'm in very little doubt.

We'll see though once August 31st passes if Coutinho is still not sold and what Jürgen's reaction is to it, might surprise a few in my opinion.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #2270: Aug 18, 2017 09:03:55 pm
      The message has been clear from the start, there is no price, he's not for sale, other than Coutinho taking a massive sh*t in Jurgens packed lunch I don't see him leaving.

Philippe Coutinho: Liverpool manager Jürgen Klopp says owners will decide on sale

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40909543

I remember questioning If Klopp has the final say when it comes to transfers, and being told by a lot here that he has because he said so... and now look at what he is saying... So forgive me if I chose to believe their actions over their word and my heart over what you are telling me... And my heart tells me if Barca comes back with £133 m + JWH will fly him to Barca aboard his own personnel Lear jet
      « Last Edit: Aug 18, 2017 09:12:12 pm by The Real Donavan Ried »
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #2271: Aug 18, 2017 09:09:48 pm
      Philippe Coutinho: Liverpool manager Jürgen Klopp says owners will decide on sale

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40909543

I remember questioning If Klopp has the final say when it comes to transfers, and being told by a lot here that he has because he said so... and now look at what he is saying... So forgive me if I chose to believe their actions over their word and my heart over what you are telling me... And my heart tells me if Barca comes back with £139 m + JWH will fly him to Barca aboard his own personnel Lear jet

To be fair to the owners a lot of us would have said they would have done so at £90M. They rejected that and an improved offer, he won't be going anywhere this window
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,487 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #2272: Aug 18, 2017 09:11:32 pm
      And my heart tells me if Barca comes back with £139 m + JWH will fly him to Barca aboard his own personnel Lear jet
      Forget the jet, I'd carry him to Barca on my back for that amount of cash. Two things though:

1. No good selling him for even £400m - if we don't get to see it strengthening the first team
      2. This is the age of foodbanks and £139m for one football player  :f_doh: ??? Let that sink in for a few seconds

The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #2273: Aug 18, 2017 09:15:48 pm
      To be fair to the owners a lot of us would have said they would have done so at £90M. They rejected that and an improved offer, he won't be going anywhere this window
      Alfie....  before I read your post I just want to draw attention to the fact that i change my post, Originally said £139 m + when in fact  it should have been £133 m + .... Sorry   
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #2274: Aug 18, 2017 09:16:47 pm

Only Time Will Tell
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #2275: Aug 18, 2017 09:20:39 pm
      Forget the jet, I'd carry him to Barca on my back for that amount of cash. Two things though:

1. No good selling him for even £400m - if we don't get to see it strengthening the first team
      2. This is the age of foodbanks and £139m for one football player  :f_doh: ??? Let that sink in for a few seconds

Was speaking to my brother earlier re - Coutinho, and told him that i don't think that Coutinho is worth more than £40m and that the money being spent on players and their wages now is crazy
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #2276: Aug 18, 2017 09:30:10 pm
      my heart tells me if Barca comes back with £133 m + JWH will fly him to Barca aboard his own personnel Lear jet

School boy error, remove your heart from the equation and use your head.

Still think we'll sell.

https://twitter.com/LFCZA/status/898628270480121856

Quick Reply