Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 3rd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W3 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should LFC sell Coutinho to Barcelona in this transfer window?

Yes, sell now, leaves now.
      (20.4%)
      Yes, sell now,go in the summer
      (59.2%)
      No, he stays, what ever.
      (20.4%)

Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)

Read 294248 times
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Re: Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)
      Reply #2300: Aug 19, 2017 12:07:54 am
      Good move by the club this.

They know, like we know, they wouldn't be able to spend the money successfully. I mean, just look at our window thus far and see how goal posts have been moved by fans who'd rather see Coutinho go now, we can go and buy such and such. No folk, we could have gone and bought such and such two months ago.

When you're as inept as us at landing your targets, your best off keeping your best players and trying to talk them around for another season.

That said, the club should be looking at a contingency plan now, just in case Coutinho follows through on his bluff for striking for the season and purchase someone like Draxler who by all accounts will cost around 30 million, and you know, the money we were going to spend on Keita and VVD can be used to draft him in; rather than waiting to sell Coutinho to mysteriously fund such a deal.
      « Last Edit: Aug 19, 2017 12:16:06 am by Beerbelly »
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,509 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #2301: Aug 19, 2017 12:19:43 am
      When you're as inept as us at landing your targets, your best off keeping your best players and trying to talk them around for another season

Yeah.

And when you're as inept and unambitious as us then you've got to expect players like Phil to be looking at 'new signings' Milner and Moreno and be thinking that he is probably pissing into the wind in any hopes of us winning trophies. We've qualified for the CL and haven't done nearly enough so far.

He can just look at Torres and Suarez and count their trophies up since they've left and then compare them to Liverpool's in that time.

Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #2302: Aug 19, 2017 12:25:52 am
      What are u guys mean with "C. to behave for his last season here"? He has contract till 2022 without any buy-out clause. He'll be a red player for a long time if he does play well, and if he doesn't more than ever for nobody would want him. This is just about if the pimp (LFC) has more balls than the whore (Coutinho).

I know it hurts (at least it does me) but no player since the 70's played for our club for true love, only for money, some may have just hidden it better than others. And if Real Madrid wanted Gerrard in 2005-2008 - his prime time - and offered him superstar salary he would have gone. So if you feel down when our club lost you might find comfort in the idea that it's not like a true club has lost, it's just an illusion. We LFC fans are just like men who go to a whore: we know it's unreal, but we don't care for the sake of pleasure; some fools might even fall in love with the slut. I know these are tough words to swallow, but if you have balls you gotta admit I speak the truth. I am convinced soon someone might create a new league with more honor and decency and this league might take over like Facebook took over web communication, because we football fans want clubs and players and leagues with at least some genuine spirit. This is the reason by the way why so many ultra fans in Germany do riots, they feel the same and wanna stop the ongoing whoreism.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,802 posts | 892 
      Reply #2303: Aug 19, 2017 12:52:07 am
      No, find one that is inclusive of JĂźrgen, stating he has anything to do with the decision to keep him and I'll listen, otherwise you're just falling for the FSG message.

Clue, the word "I" would indicate he was inclusive in any of those statements, for example:

I don't want to sell Coutinho.

He's not for sale, because FSG say so, doesn't count. Context is everything Dan.

(Also, the reason it would be fruitless for me to quote, I would have to quote all, I'm asking for one from you, just one.)

From pre-match conference:

“Can you imagine for a minute I am not a little bit interested about the problems or not of Barcelona?” he said during his Thursday press conference.

“You can imagine, in general, I think for each player Liverpool is a very good club, a very good team in the moment. We have a good age of the group. We have very young boys, experience - it’s a good mix and we are on our way.

“I think we got of rid of the expectations of 20 years ago and created our own expectations for all the people. They expect a lot from us because of what we did last season.

“I am fine with the situation and I am very positive about the project of Liverpool. I don’t see a lot of reasons for each player to leave the club at the moment and that’s just in general.”

“Having Phil not available was never cool but it happened”, he added. “Every team in the world would miss a creative player in whichever position of his quality. That’s not too cool but I am already used to it.

“You cannot find exactly the same solution. We have to play the passes we need from the areas we are. That’s how football works and if Phil could have had just one genius idea on the pitch that would have helped. Absolutely. That’s all.

“But I can’t work in my office, make a line-up and say ‘ahhh! And here we miss Phil’ because that is not how works. That’s because I don’t think a lot about it. It’s a situation in the moment and we have to take it like this.”

Does that sound like Klopp wants rid of Coutinho??

Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #2304: Aug 19, 2017 12:58:37 am
      From pre-match conference:

Does that sound like Klopp wants rid of Coutinho??

He has also pointed out, on many occasions his English isn't that great. I say similar things when people are doing things I don't agree with at the pub, for instance, "that is what I heard" means, that is the situation as is but if I say more its not just me I am dropping in the sh*t. Reading between the lines still have the same rules.
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #2305: Aug 19, 2017 02:56:12 am
      He has no choice. It's a World Cup year and he can't afford to freeze himself out of the squad because it'll harm his chances of appearing there. It's part of why FSG hold all the cards right now.

No.  LFC holds all the cards.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #2306: Aug 19, 2017 05:00:47 am
      Just popping in to say F**k you Barcelona. 

Carry on.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #2307: Aug 19, 2017 05:51:21 am
      School boy error, remove your heart from the equation and use your head.

Still think we'll sell.

https://twitter.com/LFCZA/status/898628270480121856

Are FSG part of Barca's Transfer Committee? One could be forgiven thinking they were.

Barca can get to f**k with that.

EDIT: Don't know how true it is (I just read it in The Mirror), Barca apparently received 200 million up front from PSG. But apparently the Catalan cu*ts are still cash poor which is why they offered that insulting offer - yet simultaneously woo the press with it being a 119 Million bid for Coutinho. cu*ts.
      « Last Edit: Aug 19, 2017 06:17:16 am by Beerbelly »
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #2308: Aug 19, 2017 06:43:43 am
      School boy error, remove your heart from the equation and use your head.

Still think we'll sell.

https://twitter.com/LFCZA/status/898628270480121856

Something about that article seems fishy... maybe that the guy can't spell Phil's name?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,888 posts | 6819 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2309: Aug 19, 2017 08:35:42 am
      F**k off you Barca cu*ts
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #2310: Aug 19, 2017 09:21:18 am
      I mean, just look at our window thus far and see how goal posts have been moved by fans who'd rather see Coutinho go now, we can go and buy such and such. No folk, we could have gone and bought such and such two months ago.

It's actually scary how many Reds don't get that.

Then again; look at the amount of 'experts' who, only last summer and again in January, denied the need for JĂźrgen to 'go big'... only to, convieniently and without reference, change their opinion. So it might take time but there's still hope.

JĂźrgen said "no" then "it's not up to me": if Coutinho's sold therefore, which I doubt... the fall out would finally put paid to what little cred' the investors have and they need that to hide behind.

Put simply - He's sold and surely JĂźrgen's position becomes untenable and that is even more scary for us, football loving, Reds. 🙁
      « Last Edit: Aug 19, 2017 09:36:21 am by bad boy bubby »
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #2311: Aug 19, 2017 10:26:02 am
      Barca are a spent force...

... they've lost sight on the main focus, winning sh*t.
      Must be sh*te when that happens. 🙄

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #2312: Aug 19, 2017 12:25:45 pm
      Amidst all the tweets, confusion and misinformation, everyone, including little Phil seem to be missing one thing.

Barca are a spent force, riddled with political countering. Whilst there's reported back stabbing behind the scenes for control of the club they've lost sight on the main focus, winning sh*t.

Barca have gone from a formidable force to a team with its stars nearing retirement and that's two injuries away from dropping down the table, little Phil ain't going to sort that sh*t out.

Meanwhile, we're a couple of players away from doing the exact opposite and actually winning sh*t. Ironically little Phil can help to sort that sh*t out.

So the long and the short of it little Philippe is, moving to Barca may give you a nice sunny lifestyle but you'll win sh*t all, you'll just be a face in the crowd, wiping tears from your cheeks whilst you clean iniestas boots waiting patiently for him to retire.

Your choice wee man.  ;)

Missing something else.

Putting in their offer and turning Phils head on the day before our season starts ......then it proves no one except FSG gives a sh*t about the thousands of 17-18   LFC   shirts sold with the name Coutinho on the back.

The man on our terrace doesn't matter to Barca.
      Why should he?

« Last Edit: Aug 19, 2017 12:38:08 pm by MIRO »
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,264 posts | 2858 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #2313: Aug 19, 2017 03:47:22 pm
      This is apparently what the deal composed of...

Coutinho winning multiple trophies in the same season.

Winning multiple Champions League titles.

Winning the Ballon d’Or as the world’s best player.

Winning multiple trophies and the Ballon d’Or in the same season.

Payment of the basic ÂŁ80m fee staggered over five years.

OK! Erm... Go away and reflect on this.
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 735 posts | 113 
      Reply #2314: Aug 19, 2017 05:33:36 pm
      You first mate. You're saying he wants rid, but no quote to say he does?

He's adamantly said "he's not for sale".
      I have seen a shift in the tone of Klopp's replies since the transfer request went in. Before the request, Klopp seemed happier to talk about Coutinho himself and about his value to the squad. Since that went in there has been a bigger emphasis on the importance of the team and on Klopp working with all the players.

He's also gone from emphatically saying that he's not for sale to saying that it is not in his hands and that it is up to the owners. There has been a change in his tone alright and there was a story that he took the transfer request and the comments from Coutniho's 'family member' quite personally - given how he's been towards Sakho, I can see that having substance. Klopp has built a reputation for being an excellent man-manager and this has severely dented that reputation - he can't not take it personally imho.
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,035 posts | 69 
      Reply #2315: Aug 19, 2017 05:39:29 pm
      This is apparently what the deal composed of...

Coutinho winning multiple trophies in the same season.

Winning multiple Champions League titles.

Winning the Ballon d’Or as the world’s best player.

Winning multiple trophies and the Ballon d’Or in the same season.

Payment of the basic ÂŁ80m fee staggered over five years.

OK! Erm... Go away and reflect on this.

Do they actually want him? It sounds like someone going into Dreams and asking for a bed on the never never.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #2316: Aug 19, 2017 07:21:56 pm
      Coutinho's back better on Monday then. :D

https://twitter.com/AnfieldHQ/status/898969988069023744
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,527 posts | 224 
      Reply #2317: Aug 19, 2017 07:33:35 pm
      Lmao

Kiss my ass Barcelona
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #2318: Aug 19, 2017 07:45:36 pm
      Barcelona’s response to having a third bid of up to £118million rejected for Philippe Coutinho was to make contact with Liverpool again on Friday and impose one of the transfer market’s more bizarre deadlines.

The Catalan club, in all their wisdom, informed Anfield officials that they have until Sunday evening to change their mind, and belatedly accept the offer, or it will be withdrawn.

In other words, a bid Liverpool have twice told Barcelona not to make is instantly rebuffed and their rivals’ next move is to threaten to take it off the table.

Finally in this saga, the Camp Nou club has managed to do something which served as a source of amusement for Liverpool’s power brokers.

Paul Joyce, Times. Sums it up perfectly.
      Kopite78
      Reply #2319: Aug 19, 2017 07:47:48 pm

F**k sake...

Barca saying to us. Now stop messing us about will you.. If you don't accept the sh*t offer for the player you don't want to sell then we will be off by Sunday and we won't talk to you the next day at first break

:tosser:
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #2320: Aug 19, 2017 08:28:37 pm
      So let me get this right, we rejected their newest offer and they came back with a "new offer", an offer to to withdraw the offer they made to us in which we rejected?
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #2321: Aug 19, 2017 08:32:48 pm
      So let me get this right, we rejected their newest offer and they came back with a "new offer", an offer to to withdraw the offer they made to us in which we rejected?

Yeah, not like they're cocky gobshites or anything is it?

I'm glad they're pissing us off, will make us less likely to deal with them in the future and they're going to be a team in real need soon enough.

Coutinho should be tapping up Suarez to come here! :D

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2322: Aug 19, 2017 08:33:51 pm

I should have known about this technique a long time ago before I had a girlfriend. When getting rejected: You have tomorrow to change your mind or I am no longer interested.
      « Last Edit: Aug 19, 2017 08:43:45 pm by Ribapuru »

Quick Reply