Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should LFC sell Coutinho to Barcelona in this transfer window?

Yes, sell now, leaves now.
      (20.4%)
      Yes, sell now,go in the summer
      (59.2%)
      No, he stays, what ever.
      (20.4%)

Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)

Read 287705 times
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Re: Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)
      Reply #2346: Aug 20, 2017 02:18:23 pm
      Yeah, always thought that Madrid were the arseholes of La Liga but events of the past few seasons have made me rapidly consider the two clubs on a level footing.

Agreed. At least wou Madrid they were always upfront about being massive arseholes.

Barca make out they are whiter than white but carry on like snide little fuckers.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2347: Aug 20, 2017 02:19:41 pm
      Yeah, always thought that Madrid were the arseholes of La Liga but events of the past few seasons have made me rapidly consider the two clubs on a level footing.

Now Now Real Madrid are arseholes as well, but Barcelona are just pipping them at the moment, and that will be the only thing they beat Real Madrid at this season and possibly quite a few to come.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #2348: Aug 20, 2017 02:33:21 pm
      I think I've also got some pent up anger about them drawing level with our 5 European Cups - especially as the last time I went to their stadium (which was not a lifetime ago) they only had one of them which made me chuckle at the time!
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #2349: Aug 20, 2017 03:06:15 pm

I'm in exactly the same boat, while Barca where doing it all through the youth academy against Real and the Galacticos I had a bit of a preference for them but now they're both just as bad as each other.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #2350: Aug 20, 2017 03:10:06 pm
      I think I've also got some pent up anger about them drawing level with our 5 European Cups - especially as the last time I went to their stadium (which was not a lifetime ago) they only had one of them which made me chuckle at the time!

I remember joking that Nottm Forest was bigger than Barcelona because of that. It's frustrating to see them now level with us.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,440 posts | 3422 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #2351: Aug 20, 2017 04:03:22 pm
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,491 posts | 232 
      Reply #2352: Aug 20, 2017 04:19:48 pm
      Their ultimatum is ridiculous.

If you go to buy a car would you expect the buyer to give an ultimatum to the seller to accept your offer? You would be laughed off the forcourt.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #2353: Aug 20, 2017 04:44:40 pm
      Anfield HQ‏Verified account @AnfieldHQ  7m7 minutes ago
      More
       Klopp on Coutinho bid: "I think tomorrow they (Barcelona) will offer a McDonald's Happy Meal and we get the toy as well!?"

:lmao:
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,440 posts | 3422 
      Reply #2354: Aug 20, 2017 05:19:51 pm
      https://twitter.com/BIGBADDERS/status/899304673575940099

Managed to get a picture of Barcelona delivering the coutinho ultimatum
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #2355: Aug 20, 2017 05:22:02 pm
      What kind of a club threatens to withdraw a rejected bid lmao

God I hope man city pays Messi's release clause just so I can see them bi*ch even further

I'd like us to pay it, just as a wind up.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,440 posts | 3422 
      Reply #2356: Aug 20, 2017 06:00:13 pm
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,281 posts | 2835 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #2357: Aug 20, 2017 06:15:10 pm
      Tick tock
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #2358: Aug 20, 2017 06:22:38 pm
      I think it's fairly clear that if they offer 120-130 million quid in a payment structure which involves around 100 mill up front, and the rest of the cash not being dependant upon a Liverpool band having the Christmas number one, or on Coutinho himself winning Love Island 2018, a deal will be done. I suppose it all depends upon what Barcelona want to do really, because if they offer a sensible fee in todays market I simply cannot comprehend that we'd turn it down.

Given that he doesn't want to play for us right now and it'd probs take him a month at least to get fit/motivated again, it's arguably the right decision too. Were it not for the fact that it is my opinion that they'll trouser the cash as opposed to spending it on strengthening the team, I'd be all for it.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2359: Aug 20, 2017 06:24:05 pm
      I think it's fairly clear that if they offer 120-130 million quid in a payment structure which involves around 100 mill up front, and the rest of the cash not being dependant upon a Liverpool band having the Christmas number one, or on Coutinho himself winning Love Island 2018, a deal will be done. I suppose it all depends upon what Barcelona want to do really, because if they offer a sensible fee in todays market I simply cannot comprehend that we'd turn it down.

Given that he doesn't want to play for us right now and it'd probs take him a month at least to get fit/motivated again, it's arguably the right decision too. Were it not for the fact that it is my opinion that they'll trouser the cash as opposed to spending it on strengthening the team, I'd be all for it.

Why is that clear BigMick? Is it the club's continual statements of "he is not for sale for any price" that gives you this view? ;-)

Plus what do you mean by them trousering the cash? Other than interest payments for loans they've given the club what other money have they EVER taken out of the club?
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #2360: Aug 20, 2017 06:30:14 pm
      we've got till 7 to agree to their offer or else they withdraw it.
      (Incidentally is that 7BST 7GMT or 7CET? Or if JWH is in the States is it 7ESB?)

So let's assume we reject it.
      Don't they then look even more stupid/desperate if they come back with an improved offer?
      The way things are going if we keep our poker face going we could get all the money they got for Neymar!! 😄
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2361: Aug 20, 2017 06:33:14 pm
      Barcelona gave me all sorts of ideas. Like this post by tomorrow or I'll delete it!  :f_whistle:
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #2362: Aug 20, 2017 06:36:16 pm
      Why is that clear BigMick? Is it the club's continual statements of "he is not for sale for any price" that gives you this view? ;-)

Plus what do you mean by them trousering the cash? Other than interest payments for loans they've given the club what other money have they EVER taken out of the club?

Ah this old chestnut Heimy. Go on then just for you we'll do the same old debate.

Why is it clear? Because twice in the last three or four seasons we've sold our best player. We've huffed and puffed about it to drive the price up, but we've sold up. Also, outside of the official press releases by the club there is enough "word on the street" to convince me that we are prepared to sell. (At this point we get into who is a "reliable source" etc if I'm not mistaken). I suggest a couple of journo's, you roll around on the floor laughing saying they can't be trusted an inch (much like you and many others did when the news first broke than Coutinho had put in a transfer request) and we're back to square one. Unfortunately though I don't know any journo's, nor can i give you any direct quotes from anyone (chiefly because I'm about to have my dinner and can't be bothered to trawl through the internet). If I could though, the weight of noise, fuzz, bluster, hyperbole etc surrounding the Coutinho situation leads ME to believe we are prepared to sell. If we genuinely weren't, Barcelona wouldn't keep on making offers (see our approach with Keita), all IMHO obviously.

That's why I wrote " I THINK it's fairly clear" mate. If you don't think that, it's really cool.

On the "trousering the money" angle, much like when you buy a house and the next door neighbour sells his house for double what you paid for yours, you have made a profit as sure as eggs is eggs. You won't see it until you sell (just like they won't see it until they sell LFC), but you have made it. They are quietly racking up what is known as "equity" in the business, helped of course by negative NET spends on transfers.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #2363: Aug 20, 2017 06:36:47 pm

Klopp himself indicated that the final word was not his brief, that in turn suggests a complete refusal to consider any bids including the reported 18m "final offer" comes from levels above the executive.
      There is every reason Mick to believe the lad is here for at least another season.
      alsmal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,539 posts | 34 
      • Right or wrong, its MY opinion.
      Reply #2364: Aug 20, 2017 06:40:07 pm
      Does that now mean I can wear my home shirt with Coutinho on the back without worrying about the snide remarks about him being a Barca player in the next day / week / month?
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #2365: Aug 20, 2017 06:42:19 pm
      Klopp himself indicated that the final word was not his brief, that in turn suggests a complete refusal to consider any bids including the reported 18m "final offer" comes from levels above the executive.
      There is every reason Mick to believe the lad is here for at least another season.

There are a few ways we can interpret the denials and counter stories mate, but my feeling is that he has played his last game for us. I've "said it all along" too ;D.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2366: Aug 20, 2017 06:46:50 pm
      Counter offer to Barcelona, Origi, Markovic and Moreno for Suarez. Denis Suarez. He's 23 unlike Luis Suarez who will be 31 in Jan, bites people, dives and gets suspended for racism and after all that dragging LFC brand through the mud, takes us to an FA panel to try to force a move for 1p over a dirt cheap buyout clause to our rivals Arsenal and if that's not enough says the only English club he would play for is Liverpool, yeah yeah! Now signed a new contract to keep him at Barca until 35. But Denis Suarez... He was a handful to play against in EFL.
      cocker the red
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 129 posts | 10 
      Reply #2367: Aug 20, 2017 06:55:31 pm
      5 mins to go😝
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #2368: Aug 20, 2017 06:56:39 pm
      There are a few ways we can interpret the denials and counter stories mate, but my feeling is that he has played his last game for us. I've "said it all along" too ;D.

As you say mate there's plenty of meat on the bones of it, I tend to compare it with the likes of the Suarez debacle when Luis and his agent actively pushed the deal.
      Coutinho is muted on any possibilities while his agent, who does what agents do, seems to have been gagged.
      Call me an optimist or whatever but the signals to me say there is every chance he will stay.

I was about to say that no top flight replacement is in place but that is par for the course with this F***ing crew so it really is irrelevant.

Quick Reply