Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should LFC sell Coutinho to Barcelona in this transfer window?

Yes, sell now, leaves now.
      (20.4%)
      Yes, sell now,go in the summer
      (59.2%)
      No, he stays, what ever.
      (20.4%)

Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)

Read 287039 times
      BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Re: Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)
      Reply #2415: Aug 21, 2017 05:31:54 pm
      Of all our players, Mane would probably be the best like-for-like replacement for Neymar.

I'm really, really glad nobody seems to be eyeballing him.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #2416: Aug 21, 2017 05:36:14 pm
      Of all our players, Mane would probably be the best like-for-like replacement for Neymar.

I'm really, really glad nobody seems to be eyeballing him.

Just wait 12 months.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #2417: Aug 21, 2017 05:36:22 pm

Perhaps partially......I have absolutely no idea what Brazilian boys grow up dreaming of and there's not a court in the land can prove otherwise! ;)

Seriously - more the fact they go to an avowed blue nose gobs***e for his opinions on LFC.........where's his legitimacy?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2418: Aug 21, 2017 05:41:55 pm
      Perhaps partially......I have absolutely no idea what Brazilian boys grow up dreaming of and there's not a court in the land can prove otherwise! ;)

Seriously - more the fact they go to an avowed blue nose gobs***e for his opinions on LFC.........where's his legitimacy?

Not just Brazilians though, South Americans in general want to be playing for Madrid or Barca, any other club before that will just be a stepping stone. No different to Suarez. Even if an English team was dominating football, they still wouldn't have the appeal that the 2 Spanish clubs have.

Barton is a complete tool but unfortunately on this occasion he's actually bang on.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #2419: Aug 21, 2017 05:45:12 pm
      Not just Brazilians though, South Americans in general want to be playing for Madrid or Barca, any other club before that will just be a stepping stone. No different to Suarez. Even if an English team was dominating football, they still wouldn't have the appeal that the 2 Spanish clubs have.

Barton is a complete tool but unfortunately on this occasion he's actually bang on.

I take the point to a point......but on a serious note I'm not convinced it's as developed as Barcelona......it's the big money in Europe......the rest is  South American gravy.

I also think the reference to 80s rather invalidates the other point.......what cache did we have to South Americans back then?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #2420: Aug 21, 2017 05:46:17 pm
      Perhaps partially......I have absolutely no idea what Brazilian boys grow up dreaming of

Brazilian girls?
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #2421: Aug 21, 2017 05:48:28 pm

FL.......do you think I was born yesterday?

I have no idea what Brazilian girls dream of either 🙄

;)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2422: Aug 21, 2017 05:53:35 pm
      I take the point to a point......but on a serious note I'm not convinced it's as developed as Barcelona......it's the big money in Europe......the rest is  South American gravy.

I also think the reference to 80s rather invalidates the other point.......what cache did we have to South Americans back then?

I think the part about Liverpool of the 80s is that we don't have that kind of clout and success anymore. Now we are lucky if we get 4th, let alone be winning trophies left, right and centre so don't really seem like the best team to go to/be at if you want to get a lot of silverware, despite the improvements we've been making.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #2423: Aug 21, 2017 06:06:36 pm
      Be nice if we could kill tie off before half team rest one or two for big match on Sunday in league
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #2424: Aug 21, 2017 06:07:36 pm
      If able go play Brazil after match on Sunday throw Phil in on Sunday he still try his best
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,433 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #2425: Aug 21, 2017 06:07:56 pm
      FL.......do you think I was born yesterday?

I have no idea what Brazilian girls dream of either 🙄

;)

Rainy December  nights at the britannia
      Kopite78
      Reply #2426: Aug 21, 2017 06:28:04 pm
      I think the part about Liverpool of the 80s is that we don't have that kind of clout and success anymore. Now we are lucky if we get 4th, let alone be winning trophies left, right and centre so don't really seem like the best team to go to/be at if you want to get a lot of silverware, despite the improvements we've been making.

Nah it's a rubbish point made by a Blert.

In the 80s we weren't full of South Americans. In fact growing up I only remember one Brazilian playing in England and that wasn't  with us.

It's trying to stretch a point.

I do fully believe that South Americans want to play for Barca or Real, but it's more to do with the culture/language and weather of Spain and those being the biggest clubs there. Suarez didn't necessarily dream of Barca from being a boy, he's said so, he just dreamed of being a footballer and playing for National.. The Barca thing only came after he had made it and his girlfriend/wife's family moved there... Then that became his ultimate aim to be with her.. Had her family moved to Hartlepool and she had gone to uni there then Barca may have become Hartlepool in his dreams.

We built in the 70s/80s with home grown players who saw us as the pinnacle and we kept until we didn't want them, same with Utd in the 90s/2000s for the main.

We don't attract the elite now because we don't win granted but the point of the 80s is a sh*te one by a blert who is just sound biting rather than taking a step back and looking at the situation.

I'd respect a pundit who actually came out and said that he recently signed a new deal without a get out and even if he wants the move Liverpool are more than within their rights to make him honour at least a small part of that new deal rather than just forget that and say well it's his dream let him have it...
      What about f**k that and put a bit of power back to the clubs than the players, he was happy to sign and get a pay rise... Forget his 'childhood dream' ... What about our fans dreams of winning things? And not selling our better players will give us a better chance of that.
      Pundits, f**k off with your sh*te about the poor player, what about us poor c**t fans who pay a small fortune to follow the club that most of us have to desperately find... I care more about our dreams than that pr**k who signed his new deal with no get out 3 months ago.

F**k Barton the waste of oxygen blert
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,433 posts | 3417 
      Reply #2427: Aug 21, 2017 06:34:31 pm
      Injured your back at work ? , calll us on 0161 do one do one and speak to one our highly stupid staff, you get 0.0000001 % of any compensation payout
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #2428: Aug 21, 2017 07:59:40 pm
      Kopite78
      Reply #2429: Aug 21, 2017 08:02:43 pm
      c**t still.

Massive one
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2430: Aug 21, 2017 08:03:49 pm

"So I expect you to fire your agent and stop listening to your Clingon brother Phil. Oh and next time Barca come aknocking you know what to say don't ya, good Lad, now get suited up and earn the fans love by giving us the best season you've ever had"
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #2431: Aug 21, 2017 08:04:29 pm

Beautiful post mate.

Works whatever order you put the words in.

The order just determines how "Yoda" you sound saying it :) 👍
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2432: Aug 21, 2017 08:05:43 pm

Nah he's not, he's young and he's  been manipulated by a c**t of a club, a c**t of an agent and I presume a c**t of a brother. If he knuckles down and works hard and delivers results then he'll earn my respect again very quickly.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,449 posts | 4584 
      Reply #2433: Aug 21, 2017 08:10:10 pm
      Klopp won the war, under no illusions had there been another manager in charge Phil would have been sold & owners cashed in with Lee cattermole as a replacement..

Klopp would have walked make no mistake.
      Kopite78
      Reply #2434: Aug 21, 2017 08:13:10 pm
      Nah he's not, he's young and he's  been manipulated by a c**t of a club, a c**t of an agent and I presume a c**t of a brother. If he knuckles down and works hard and delivers results then he'll earn my respect again very quickly.

;D

So everyone around hims a c**t but he's just an innocent young boy?

F**k off he's a c**t.

He'll never have my respect again, and I'll be happy next summer when he leaves on our terms
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #2435: Aug 21, 2017 08:16:02 pm

I doubt he's sitting round waiting to gain your respect again. He's a soft turd, no backbone and says a lot about  him to be honest. I'd have had more "respect" for him had he followed through and really kicked up a fuss from the beginning of the window. To allow himself to be manipulated, and then to do this all on Barca's timeline right before our season started. That's pretty much unforgivable. I selfishly hope if he plays for us he helps us win things, but he'll never be a legend for us.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,433 posts | 3417 
      Reply #2436: Aug 21, 2017 08:16:22 pm

Old enough and experienced enough to know his own mind
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #2437: Aug 21, 2017 08:19:08 pm
      Be honest can't blame him when see owners not spending money bring in top players he what win things

Quick Reply