Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should LFC sell Coutinho to Barcelona in this transfer window?

Yes, sell now, leaves now.
      (20.4%)
      Yes, sell now,go in the summer
      (59.2%)
      No, he stays, what ever.
      (20.4%)

Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)

Read 287141 times
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Re: Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)
      Reply #2668: Aug 23, 2017 05:13:13 pm
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #2669: Aug 23, 2017 05:16:08 pm
      I guess we should start a Moreno to Barcelona thread ASAP then.

How pissed would Phil  be if we sold Moreno to Barca :lmao:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #2670: Aug 23, 2017 05:20:13 pm
      Guess Phil isn't too sick...pic snapped on his way to the barber apparently. 

That ginger in the back looks like he's contemplating cracking Phil upside the head with his cast :D

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #2671: Aug 23, 2017 05:46:51 pm

That ginger in the back looks like he's contemplating cracking Phil upside the head with his cast :D

I wish Klopp would have the balls to call him out and call him a c**t and a disgrace. I really hate that little c**t.
      Conman
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 43 posts | 13 
      Reply #2672: Aug 23, 2017 05:59:07 pm
      I think Klopp has been silenced by the club about talking about the Coutinho situation. You could tell after the palace game that Klopp wanted to tell the story but wasn't allowed.

I'm thinking Coutinho wants to go, also he's probably thrown his toys out of the pram and is refusing to play currently. I think FSG is prepared to let him leave but only for a fee set that hasn't been matched yet.. and if that fee isn't matched, we get to keep Phil he pretends he wanted to stay all along and him and Klopp also pretend that there was no rift between them and their relationship was always on good grounds.

This keeps the fans on the side of the player and the club.

But deep down it's gonna cause friction and it's definitely gonna cost us points this year.. a unhappy camp is not a good camp.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,989 posts | 240 
      Reply #2673: Aug 23, 2017 06:03:51 pm
      I think Klopp has been silenced by the club about talking about the Coutinho situation. You could tell after the palace game that Klopp wanted to tell the story but wasn't allowed.

Indeed and he did say that he didn't want to lie about things and that it is what it is (not exact quotes, but something similar).
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2674: Aug 23, 2017 06:05:28 pm
      Fine, demand 200 mil for Coutinho and meet Messi's...I'm sure we can conjure up 75m for Messi as replacement for Couts.

See how that goes down with Barca
      Then Messi gets injured because Ryan Bertrand or somebody double foots him, we have no transfer funds left and just as he returns his legs are not what the used to be, since he will be 32.. why would Liverpool FC mess up just to spite Barca? Who do you think we are?
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,944 posts | 5001 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #2675: Aug 23, 2017 06:05:31 pm
      I wish Klopp would have the balls to call him out and call him a c**t and a disgrace. I really hate that little c**t.

OTT mate, hate's a pretty strong word for someone you don't actually know, yes he's pissed off many and that's fine each to their own but he's a footballer not a rapist or child molester,

I don't like his antics any more than the next bloke but don't hate the fella, he's been mis-advised and made a decision without due diligence, for that he has lost a lot of respect,

He's still our player, he will still run out for us, and when he scores one of his famous free kicks or a 30 yard bender, I'll look forward to you Not celebrating!

YNWA
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2676: Aug 23, 2017 06:10:17 pm

See Barcelona guy behind him with some kind of mind control device in his hand, so that's how it's Barcelona's fault then.
      Kopite78
      Reply #2677: Aug 23, 2017 06:17:14 pm

OTT mate, hate's a pretty strong word for someone you don't actually know, yes he's pissed off many and that's fine each to their own but he's a footballer not a rapist or child molester,

I don't like his antics any more than the next bloke but don't hate the fella, he's been mis-advised and made a decision without due diligence, for that he has lost a lot of respect,

He's still our player, he will still run out for us, and when he scores one of his famous free kicks or a 30 yard bender, I'll look forward to you Not celebrating!

YNWA

Bit ironic you saying that when you earlier compared one club trying to buy another clubs player to rape 😀

Mis-advised? Bollocks
      He's a grown man who's made his own decisions. He of course isn't a rapist or a child molester but he's a c**t for the way he's treated this club.

If he stays and if he scores I'll celebrate the Liverpool goal because only Liverpool matters but i won't celebrate him nor ever sing his song.

He's a c**t.. simple
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #2678: Aug 23, 2017 06:24:31 pm
      Perhaps Hate is a bit too much, but he is still a c**t in my eyes. I wonder how people would feel if we don't qualify for CL? How about if we lost our last 2 PL games?

People will be cheering still, but it will be different as cheering for the club only.
      Before: Get in! you wonderful wizard!
      Now: Get in! Kn****ad, but I like winning!
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #2679: Aug 23, 2017 06:26:40 pm
      This manager is used to losing his best players, not a year went by at Dortmund where they either headed out to Bayern or RM.....I don't think he has a problem with it nor do I think he want's to keep a player back from what they want.

That being said as the manager mentioned its all about the timing...and 8 weeks ago Phil & his agent told the manager that he wasn't going anywhere this Summer but would probably look to leave next year and the manager accepted that...thus one could see why in fact we were going after Keita.

As the manager said when Phil handed in his request..it's all about the timing and the timing is not right for him to go now.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #2680: Aug 23, 2017 06:29:47 pm
      This manager is used to losing his best players, not a year went by at Dortmund where they either headed out to Bayern or RM.....I don't think he has a problem with it nor do I think he want's to keep a player back from what they want.

That being said as the manager mentioned its all about the timing...and 8 weeks ago Phil & his agent told the manager that he wasn't going anywhere this Summer but would probably look to leave next year and the manager accepted that...thus one could see why in fact we were going after Keita.

As the manager said when Phil handed in his request..it's all about the timing and the timing is not right for him to go now.

I am curious, has there been an incident similar to Coutinho's at Dortmund? And if so, do you remember how it was handled ny Klopp?

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #2681: Aug 23, 2017 06:31:39 pm

To be honest, I'm not sure it would have mattered when he asked to leave. We've had this whole window and haven't been able to get a deal for a midfielder across the line. We supposedly have (had) 200m to spend and we couldn't make one deal for a midfielder. So having an extra 150m wouldn't really have mattered if you ask me....which admittedly, you didn't :D
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #2682: Aug 23, 2017 06:33:32 pm
      I am curious, has there been an incident similar to Coutinho's at Dortmund? And if so, do you remember how it was handled ny Klopp?

Nuri Sahin was a little bit like this but a little less backhanded...Klopp always has/had an open door for players.

Honestly think this one hurts him a bit...but he will deal with it.
      Kopite78
      Reply #2683: Aug 23, 2017 06:34:00 pm
      To be honest, I'm not sure it would have mattered when he asked to leave. We've had this whole window and haven't been able to get a deal for a midfielder across the line. We supposedly have (had) 200m to spend and we couldn't make one deal for a midfielder. So having an extra 150m wouldn't really have mattered if you ask me....which admittedly, you didn't :D

Maybe so in terms of not being able to spend (ridiculous if you ask me)

But the main part of my fume,  well all of it is the timing to be honest. That's 100% the issue for me.

As for Klopp losing his best players? Maybe he thought that would stop here
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #2684: Aug 23, 2017 06:43:17 pm
      Isn't the timing of this interesting.......it's Duncan Castles so it's likely less believable than me telling you that grew wings out of my ass, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was fed every word by Coutinho's agent.

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/liverpool-star-coutinho-ramps-bid-barcelona-move-154810688.html
      Liverpool star Coutinho ramps up bid for Barcelona move
      Duncan Castles
      Yahoo Sport UK23 Aug 2017, 11:48
      Liverpool will reject Barcelona’s final £136m bid for Philippe Coutinho

Philippe Coutinho is considering making a public statement of his discontent at Liverpool in order to force his exit from the English Premier League club.

The Brazil international has attempted to negotiate a move to Barcelona on a conciliatory basis with his current employers, directly asking manager JĂźrgen Klopp to be allowed to leave on multiple occasions.

When that “amicable approach” failed to convince Liverpool owner Fenway Sports Group to accept the first of a series of €80million-plus offers from the Catalans, Coutinho stopped training and placed a formal transfer request.

According to sources close to the player, Coutinho is now preparing to talk to the press in order to explain his unhappiness with how FSG and Klopp have handled his situation, and to express his desire to be allowed to escape the club.

The tactic is being considered for use if Liverpool reject an expected fourth bid from Barcelona for the attacking midfielder.

“Coutinho is willing to say that Liverpool is making his life miserable and that he wants to leave,” a source familiar with the negotiations told Yahoo Sport. “He has been very patient, but at the end of the day it is his option as a player to leave the club – and he wants to do exactly that.”

Barcelona are expected to increase their offer for Coutinho to a club-record €150m this week, with €110m of that transfer fee guaranteed. Including performance-related payments, the sum matches a price FSG placed on the Brazilian during secret negotiations earlier this month.

Coutinho’s relationship with Klopp is said to have deteriorated to the extent where “he does not like the manager one bit”. The player’s attempts to achieve a mutually beneficial departure have been met with what has been described as “Klopp’s repeated push for a frontal war”.

The German is said to have sought to make an example of Coutinho, deliberately frustrating the player’s effort to move before either Liverpool or Barca’s domestic campaigns had started in order to send a message to the rest of the Anfield squad. “He has been trying to play the hard man,” said a source.

Having observed the dynamic between Klopp and Coutinho in training before the 25-year-old declared himself unavailable with what the club officially described as “a sore back”, some of the Brazilian’s team-mates have come to the conclusion that his exit in the current transfer window is inevitable.

Coutinho last played football in a Liverpool shirt on August 1st and has been omitted from the squad for both of Liverpool’s opening Premier League fixtures plus their two critical Champions League play-off meetings with Hoffenheim. “He can’t start [against the Bundesliga club] because on top of that he’s now ill,” said Klopp yesterday. “It will take time because he has not trained for a long time. I’ve no idea at this moment [when he will return] we would have to check when he is back.”

Asked if he would welcome Coutinho back into his squad with open arms, Klopp added: “Yes, of course. Absolutely. One hundred per cent.

“’Why,’ you ask, ‘if everything is okay between me and him?’ That was the question, right? And I answered with ‘Of course’. Or yes. Indeed. Absolutely. One hundred per cent.”

Liverpool entered the summer transfer window promising record investment in a squad that again struggled with Klopp’s unconventional training methods last season, barely managing to secure their Champions League play-off berth despite being unencumbered by European football.

Despite the club allowing itself to be associated with moves for the likes of Kylian Mbappe, just three signings – all on a considerably lower scale – have been completed to date: those of Andy Robertson, Mohamed Salah and Dominic Solanke. RB Leipzig have rejected a series of bids for midfielder Naby Keita, while Liverpool were forced to publicly apologise to Southampton over their pursuit of Virgil van Dijk.

Twelve days ago FSG issued a statement on the club website categorically ruling out Coutinho’s sale; a move which provoked the player to email his transfer request a few hours later.

“We wish to offer clarity as regards our position on a possible transfer of Philippe Coutinho,” read the statement. “The club’s definitive stance is that no offers for Philippe will be considered and he will remain a member of Liverpool Football Club when the summer window closes.”

Those American owners can now expect to be placed under further pressure to sell Liverpool’s most talented footballer to Barcelona for the second time in three years, while finding a way of appeasing the club’s supporters over this summer’s transfer activity. In the opinion of a source familiar with FSG’s modus operandi, the combination of Coutinho criticising the club and a more lucrative financial offer from Barcelona could secure the move.

“They will sell, but it needs to be worth the PR damage,” said the source. “They need an out to explain to their fans both from a financial side and Coutinho needs to give them an out too. The player has to burn his bridges. If he does that and the Liverpool press pack start writing that it would be a good idea to sell, FSG will do it.”
      Kopite78
      Reply #2685: Aug 23, 2017 06:45:54 pm
      Duncan Castles  :-\  :tosser:
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #2686: Aug 23, 2017 07:19:13 pm

Aye Maureen's official whore.

Should have some sort of ban on anything posted from Castles.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,434 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #2687: Aug 23, 2017 07:21:56 pm
      Duncan castles sources usually disappear with medication
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #2688: Aug 23, 2017 07:34:18 pm
      Isn't the timing of this interesting.......it's Duncan Castles so it's likely less believable than me telling you that grew wings out of my ass, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was fed every word by Coutinho's agent.

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/liverpool-star-coutinho-ramps-bid-barcelona-move-154810688.html
      Liverpool star Coutinho ramps up bid for Barcelona move
      Duncan Castles
      Yahoo Sport UK23 Aug 2017, 11:48
      Liverpool will reject Barcelona’s final £136m bid for Philippe Coutinho

Philippe Coutinho is considering making a public statement of his discontent at Liverpool in order to force his exit from the English Premier League club.

The Brazil international has attempted to negotiate a move to Barcelona on a conciliatory basis with his current employers, directly asking manager JĂźrgen Klopp to be allowed to leave on multiple occasions.

When that “amicable approach” failed to convince Liverpool owner Fenway Sports Group to accept the first of a series of €80million-plus offers from the Catalans, Coutinho stopped training and placed a formal transfer request.

According to sources close to the player, Coutinho is now preparing to talk to the press in order to explain his unhappiness with how FSG and Klopp have handled his situation, and to express his desire to be allowed to escape the club.

The tactic is being considered for use if Liverpool reject an expected fourth bid from Barcelona for the attacking midfielder.

“Coutinho is willing to say that Liverpool is making his life miserable and that he wants to leave,” a source familiar with the negotiations told Yahoo Sport. “He has been very patient, but at the end of the day it is his option as a player to leave the club – and he wants to do exactly that.”

Barcelona are expected to increase their offer for Coutinho to a club-record €150m this week, with €110m of that transfer fee guaranteed. Including performance-related payments, the sum matches a price FSG placed on the Brazilian during secret negotiations earlier this month.

Coutinho’s relationship with Klopp is said to have deteriorated to the extent where “he does not like the manager one bit”. The player’s attempts to achieve a mutually beneficial departure have been met with what has been described as “Klopp’s repeated push for a frontal war”.

The German is said to have sought to make an example of Coutinho, deliberately frustrating the player’s effort to move before either Liverpool or Barca’s domestic campaigns had started in order to send a message to the rest of the Anfield squad. “He has been trying to play the hard man,” said a source.

Having observed the dynamic between Klopp and Coutinho in training before the 25-year-old declared himself unavailable with what the club officially described as “a sore back”, some of the Brazilian’s team-mates have come to the conclusion that his exit in the current transfer window is inevitable.

Coutinho last played football in a Liverpool shirt on August 1st and has been omitted from the squad for both of Liverpool’s opening Premier League fixtures plus their two critical Champions League play-off meetings with Hoffenheim. “He can’t start [against the Bundesliga club] because on top of that he’s now ill,” said Klopp yesterday. “It will take time because he has not trained for a long time. I’ve no idea at this moment [when he will return] we would have to check when he is back.”

Asked if he would welcome Coutinho back into his squad with open arms, Klopp added: “Yes, of course. Absolutely. One hundred per cent.

“’Why,’ you ask, ‘if everything is okay between me and him?’ That was the question, right? And I answered with ‘Of course’. Or yes. Indeed. Absolutely. One hundred per cent.”

Liverpool entered the summer transfer window promising record investment in a squad that again struggled with Klopp’s unconventional training methods last season, barely managing to secure their Champions League play-off berth despite being unencumbered by European football.

Despite the club allowing itself to be associated with moves for the likes of Kylian Mbappe, just three signings – all on a considerably lower scale – have been completed to date: those of Andy Robertson, Mohamed Salah and Dominic Solanke. RB Leipzig have rejected a series of bids for midfielder Naby Keita, while Liverpool were forced to publicly apologise to Southampton over their pursuit of Virgil van Dijk.

Twelve days ago FSG issued a statement on the club website categorically ruling out Coutinho’s sale; a move which provoked the player to email his transfer request a few hours later.

“We wish to offer clarity as regards our position on a possible transfer of Philippe Coutinho,” read the statement. “The club’s definitive stance is that no offers for Philippe will be considered and he will remain a member of Liverpool Football Club when the summer window closes.”

Those American owners can now expect to be placed under further pressure to sell Liverpool’s most talented footballer to Barcelona for the second time in three years, while finding a way of appeasing the club’s supporters over this summer’s transfer activity. In the opinion of a source familiar with FSG’s modus operandi, the combination of Coutinho criticising the club and a more lucrative financial offer from Barcelona could secure the move.

“They will sell, but it needs to be worth the PR damage,” said the source. “They need an out to explain to their fans both from a financial side and Coutinho needs to give them an out too. The player has to burn his bridges. If he does that and the Liverpool press pack start writing that it would be a good idea to sell, FSG will do it.”

Dubious source aside, even if true, why would that prompt FSG to sell? It's more likely to have the opposite effect and entrench their position. Edwards' needs to do his job and tell the little sh*t he can either suck it up and get on with playing for Liverpool or do a Costa and sit the next five years out in Brazil on Gardening leave.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2689: Aug 23, 2017 07:45:36 pm
      Liverpool said they would even reject 150m. I guess that is Barcelona's 4th and 5th bid.
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #2690: Aug 23, 2017 10:57:07 pm
      I am sick to death of listening to all these old fuc...king pros dishing their opinion on why the lad should be allowed to leave because this sort of opportunity comes along once in a lifetime blah blah blah blah poor Coutinho. As if it's somehow wrong to keep hold of a player who has just recently signed a lucrative new five year deal that pays him a fortune.

Good on the club for telling them up yours and sticking to it (so far). And same goes for Saints with VVD. That lad has acted like a complete idiot trying to force his move to LFC. He is supposed to be the Skipper there and he has acted like a complete tool.

I'm sick of the player power when it comes to transfers. The spoilt feckers sign these long term deals and then the first sniff of a bigger club and they think they can go on strike, feign injury, feed BS to the press and generally act like its owed to them to give them exactly what they want.

Quick Reply