Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should LFC sell Coutinho to Barcelona in this transfer window?

Yes, sell now, leaves now.
      (20.4%)
      Yes, sell now,go in the summer
      (59.2%)
      No, he stays, what ever.
      (20.4%)

Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)

Read 287364 times
      Kopite78
      Re: Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)
      Reply #3059: Aug 29, 2017 07:45:21 pm
      Nobody believes anything you say either...1/2 the supporters want him out and are pissed....the other half want him to stay at all costs.

I'm one very pissed off with him from day one but I don't think we can sell him now or it shows everyone that if you make a fuss we will cave in

It's a matter of principle now.

Little pr**k needs to accept it and get working... then we F**k him off on our terms next summer
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #3060: Aug 29, 2017 07:46:44 pm
      I'm one very pissed off with him from day one but I don't think we can sell him now or it shows everyone that if you make a fuss we will cave in

Little pr**k needs to accept it and get working... then we f**k him off on our terms next summer

This is the only correct answer. And if the club isn't interested in abiding by their word...then don't make public statements about such things to start with.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #3061: Aug 29, 2017 07:48:39 pm

Little pr**k needs to accept it and get working... then we f**k him off on our terms next summer

It's a tough call but I will trust Jürgen will deal with it in such a way that whatever happens works for the benefit of the club.

That's why he gets the big boy money and the rest of us postulate on internet message boards.
      Don77

• 6,541 posts | 1091 
      Reply #3062: Aug 29, 2017 07:49:30 pm
      This is the only correct answer. And if the club isn't interested in abiding by their word...then don't make public statements about such things to start with.

This all day.
      Don77

• 6,541 posts | 1091 
      Reply #3063: Aug 29, 2017 07:50:38 pm

And this all day too.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #3064: Aug 29, 2017 07:51:37 pm
      It's a tough call but I will trust Jürgen will deal with it in such a way that whatever happens works for the benefit of the club.

That's why he gets the big boy money and the rest of us postulate on internet message boards.

I postulate on message boards because I don't want to move to Liverpool to be manager...I like hot weather. Trust me...they offered, I said no.
      Don77

• 6,541 posts | 1091 
      Reply #3065: Aug 29, 2017 07:53:02 pm
      Well we can if the manager wants him out then can't we?

To be honest Can is probably gone next Summer but at least him not signing a new contract is an honest way of saying I am moving on.

This squad worked its arse off to get us to the CL qualifier and then one of our best players put it all in jeopardy because of his own wants...that right there is good enough for me to bin him...I don't care if he signed a new deal or not.

The manager has said time and time again its about the team not the individual...and its about the club not the individual....his whole thing is about attitude & commitment to each other.

Phil pissed on the manager, squad, supporters & club..I have no issues if the manager sees him as a dead man walking or any other player in the future that puts there own needs above his teammates.

In these scenarios the only thing that really matters (as Baz said) was quality back in.

Respect your opinion mate.

But mine is that he should have been told that we are in charge ... and he can go next summer and told to knuckle down.

I guess we will see in 48 hours.

James pearce said yesterday the club told him he stays no matter who comes in or doesnt come in so maybe the spanish press are at it again.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,990 posts | 240 
      Reply #3066: Aug 29, 2017 07:54:26 pm
      I postulate on message boards because I don't want to move to Liverpool to be manager...I like hot weather. Trust me...they offered, I said no.

:D
      A bit like Seri? What if Barcelona come calling?
      Kopite78
      Reply #3067: Aug 29, 2017 07:55:23 pm

I'm sure he will. But if you break down any situation in life there has to be boundaries and rules, you have to stick by your decisions.

Coutinho was happy to sign a new contract with a pay rise a couple of months ago

The owners categorically said he isn't for sale

Coutinho stamping his feet, acting the pr**k, pretending he's injured..

If we go back on the owners word and cave into Coutinhos antics it sends out the wrong message as a top club that don't want to be or can't be pushed around... It means our owners words mean nothing and it means that players can cause trouble for two months and we just in the end let them have what they want.
      Leipzig have stood firm in Kieta and fair play to them, they have sorted a deal that's the best possible for all parties.. If if we fold then it makes us look weak.

The powers in our hands as he only recently signed a five year deal.. had he only got a couple to run it would be the other way round but we can't look weak in this just because it's Barcelona or whoever.. we should do what's best for us and come out of it looking strong amd progressive
      Don77

• 6,541 posts | 1091 
      Reply #3068: Aug 29, 2017 07:58:43 pm
      I'm sure he will. But if you break down any situation in life there has to be boundaries and rules, you have to stick by your decisions.

Coutinho was happy to sign a new contract with a pay rise a couple of months ago

If we go back on the owners word and cave into Coutinhos antics it sends out the wrong message as a top club that don't want to be or can't be pushed around... It means our owners words mean nothing and it means that players can cause trouble for two months and we just in the end let them have what they want.
      Leipzig have stood firm in Kieta and fair play to them, they have sorted a deal that's the best possible for all parties.. If if we fold then it makes us look weak.

The powers in our hands as he only recently signed a five year deal.. had he only got a couple to run it would be the other way round but we can't look weak in this just because it's Barcelona or whoever.. we should do what's best for us and come out of it looking strong amd progressive

Again .... this all day
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #3069: Aug 29, 2017 07:59:18 pm

Luke was a little upset a few weeks ago when he believed that the club was not backing the manager because Jürgen wants him out.

I don't know the truth but then here is a question that comes up if what Luke said is/was true.

Do you make the club look strong by undermining the manager and making him stay or do you back the manager 100% no matter?

Don't know if there is a right or wrong answer....but it is a tough question.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #3070: Aug 29, 2017 07:59:31 pm
      :D
      A bit like Seri? What if Barcelona come calling?

Barca can piss up a rope ;D
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #3071: Aug 29, 2017 08:00:18 pm
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #3072: Aug 29, 2017 08:01:31 pm
      Luke was a little upset a few weeks ago when he believed that the club was not backing the manager because Jürgen wants him out.

I don't know the truth but then here is a question that comes up if what Luke said is/was true.

Do you make the club look strong by undermining the manager and making him stay or do you back the manager 100% no matter?

I don't think there's any  real evidence that Klopp wanted him out. If he did, then I'm guessing he'd be gone. But  again...that's why you don't make absolute statements if you aren't prepared to stick by them.

Just don't say anything...then you don't have to nuisance the reasoning for why you've seemingly gone back on your word.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,435 posts | 3418 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #3073: Aug 29, 2017 08:02:00 pm
      https://twitter.com/PeterMooreLFC/status/902603067723587584
      Replying to an abusive tweet about the potential sale of Coutinho
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #3074: Aug 29, 2017 08:02:53 pm
      Just don't say anything...then you don't have to nuisance the reasoning for why you've seemingly gone back on your word.

You mean like he's not for sale?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #3075: Aug 29, 2017 08:04:48 pm
      You mean like he's not for sale?

Exactly...if you are going to say he's not for sale...then don't come back down the road and sell him, no matter what he does to try and force a sale.
      lilREDrocket
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 210 posts | 11 
      Reply #3076: Aug 29, 2017 08:05:19 pm

Quick! Someone on Twitter give Peter Moore the verbal r****g of a lifetime saying we're not getting lemar or vvd... maybe he'll spill the beans on those deals.
      Kopite78
      Reply #3077: Aug 29, 2017 08:09:47 pm

Personally I don't buy that Klopp wants him gone. Why would he? In terms of simply a player, a player who knows how we work as a side, how the players in front of him work..
      I imagine Klopp would prefer he stays.

I imagine though they are all grown ups and have had joined up conversations about this.

If Klopp wanted him gone and communicated this to them I see no reason why the owners would go against that, for one Klopp is at his strongest as Liverpool manager right now, possibly ever.. For two, if he did do you think they'd need convincing to sell a player brought for 8.5 and potentially sell for 150? It's not an argument they'd want if the manager didn't want him

I'd think straight away a conversation was had and the manager said that of course he wants him because adding to a squad is easier than rebuilding one.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #3078: Aug 29, 2017 08:10:04 pm
      Exactly...if you are going to say he's not for sale...then don't come back down the road and sell him, no matter what he does to try and force a sale.

Good point FL...Seems like we are in dire company

Neymar is not for sale, according to Barcelona President Josep Bartomeu.

Speaking on Thursday during an interview at the Associated Press, Bartomeu said: "He is not on the market."

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/barcelona-neymar-psg-latest-not-for-sale-president-says-a7852006.html

Borussia Dortmund insist there is 'no way' they will sell Barcelona target Ousmane Dembele this summer

Asked if he would be sold this summer, Zorc told Die Welt: 'No way.
      'What we've seen [from him] was extraordinary, both in his value for the team and his development.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4664490/Borussia-Dortmund-insist-Ousmane-Dembele-not-sale.html#ixzz4rAmOejD9
      Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

United: Ronaldo not for sale

Manchester United insist there is 'no possibility' of Cristiano Ronaldo being sold to Real Madrid.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/2383344/united-ronaldo-not-for-sale

Mbappe will be next although Monaco have said they won't sell him.

and so on and so on and so on.
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,129 posts | 127 
      Reply #3079: Aug 29, 2017 08:10:23 pm
      Phil signed his contract earlier in the year, Feb, I think,  But it didn't kick in until July , so rightly, he and his agent got big wedge for a big contract.  So 2 months in, his agent, more than Phil I think, is looking for another major payday.  So, If we sell, take the money back off his greedy b**tard  agent , and phil.  I don't know if there are any legal grounds here. breach of contract etc.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #3080: Aug 29, 2017 08:14:28 pm
      Good point FL...Seems like we are in dire company

Neymar is not for sale, according to Barcelona President Josep Bartomeu.

Speaking on Thursday during an interview at the Associated Press, Bartomeu said: "He is not on the market."

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/barcelona-neymar-psg-latest-not-for-sale-president-says-a7852006.html

Borussia Dortmund insist there is 'no way' they will sell Barcelona target Ousmane Dembele this summer

Asked if he would be sold this summer, Zorc told Die Welt: 'No way.
      'What we've seen [from him] was extraordinary, both in his value for the team and his development.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4664490/Borussia-Dortmund-insist-Ousmane-Dembele-not-sale.html#ixzz4rAmOejD9
      Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

United: Ronaldo not for sale

Manchester United insist there is 'no possibility' of Cristiano Ronaldo being sold to Real Madrid.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/2383344/united-ronaldo-not-for-sale

Mbappe will be next although Monaco have said they won't sell him.

and so on and so on and so on.

Why do I care what other clubs do?

AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #3081: Aug 29, 2017 08:19:25 pm
      Why do I care what other clubs do?

If he stays he plays and that is fine.

If he goes and the money is spent on quality replacements fine

If he goes and money is not spent then bad.

Not fussed one way or another...every club brings players in and every club let's players go.

Quick Reply