Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should LFC sell Coutinho to Barcelona in this transfer window?

Yes, sell now, leaves now.
      (20.4%)
      Yes, sell now,go in the summer
      (59.2%)
      No, he stays, what ever.
      (20.4%)

Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)

Read 287209 times
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Re: Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)
      Reply #3128: Aug 30, 2017 05:38:45 pm
      Saw a valuation of £148m thrown by the media. Barca are real suckers. I'd wrap the deal up yesterday. He's gone at this rate.
      wmeliane
      • Forum John Barnes

• 421 posts | 21 
      Reply #3129: Aug 30, 2017 05:47:34 pm
      I am convinced that Coutinho is on his way out. Lemar, VVD and Oxlade coming in and Coutinho going out.
      It looks to me that Klopp will use money from Coutinho sale to fund Lemar + VVD.
      Then add another 40M for Oxlade.
      Objectively, this makes us stronger.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #3130: Aug 30, 2017 06:10:24 pm
      If we get Lemar, he's definitely gone. To be honest, its the best result for all parties. The transfer request was the tipping point - he has burnt all his bridges here as waited all summer, and informed us he wanted to leave the day before the season starts.

Shame hes tainted the last 5 years of seeing him turn into a top class talent. Que sera sera, good luck to him. Hope we knock the f**ker out the champions league.
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #3131: Aug 30, 2017 06:40:52 pm
      I just read this.

It sounds plausible.

30 Aug 2017 16:48:23
      Hi Eds.
      I've heard rumours that Pupco deal to Barcelona is done but won't. be announced until Friday when the Spanish window closes. The rumoured reasons are to try and prevent clubs hiking prices on the back of Pipco fee.
      Have you heard same and do you think it' has any truth?
      Ta Ed - great work.

{Ed002's Note - That is a perfectly reasonable thing to have heard and I know a number of people who are awfully well placed and share that view.}
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #3132: Aug 30, 2017 06:44:54 pm
      If he moves, he's going to find his inconsistency is a lot more of a problem for Barca fans than it is/was for Liverpool fans.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #3133: Aug 30, 2017 06:45:10 pm
      asked this in another thread, but what do you think: Does the  "I'm injured in Liverpool but I'm not injured in Brazil" thing exonerate FSG/Klopp in the court of public opinion to sell Coutinho now after being so adamant that they wouldn't?

It seems to me like it might, but there's absolutely no wavering in that stance as of today (read Bascombe's tweet from earlier today).
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #3134: Aug 30, 2017 06:48:51 pm
      The key to the sell or no sell conundrum is who fills Coutinho's boots until a like for like replacement is in place?
      Right now that is an almighty ask and estimated values meaningless in terms of value to the club in Coutinho staying.

I don't think any one player has to fill Phils boots on his own. It can be a group/ collected effort. An attacking unit which now has the exciting weapon of Salah, possibly Lemar, added to the already devastating Mane and Firmino. I prefer that we mesmerise collectively, which makes it much harder to mark.

When his head has been turned so much and at the prices bandied about, you have to sell, and get the rot out of the club. If that sounds harsh, then he deserves it. How has he treated us with disdain lately? Good riddance. A brilliant talent but not irreplaceable at all.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #3135: Aug 30, 2017 06:51:01 pm
      asked this in another thread, but what do you think: Does the  "I'm injured in Liverpool but I'm not injured in Brazil" thing exonerate FSG/Klopp in the court of public opinion to sell Coutinho now after being so adamant that they wouldn't?

It seems to me like it might, but there's absolutely no wavering in that stance as of today (read Bascombe's tweet from earlier today).

Well, first it was an injury, that Klopp said the medical team had confirmed, then it became "illness" which imo was bollocks.

So the whole "he was injured but OK to play for Brazil" narrative falls down a bit, when he had allegedly recovered from injury, but then had a mystery illness.

Not that I really care one way or another, just putting it out there.

I suppose the owners/Klopp stance, and what people think of it, depends on who they get in, but let's be honest here, we could sign Messi and people would still slate them.
      harrydunn08

• 5,922 posts | 964 
      Reply #3136: Aug 30, 2017 06:51:16 pm

For me, they (FSG and/or Klopp) have been exonerated from the moment he put in a transfer request.  If he doesn't want to be here, F**k him.  This group of players is going places.  We gave him his opportunity to get off the Inter bench and play footie.  Now he wants to leave?  F**k Coutinho.  F**k Suarez.  F**k Mascherano.  Once they pull that sh*t, they are dead to me. 
      Don77

• 6,540 posts | 1091 
      Reply #3137: Aug 30, 2017 06:55:52 pm
      They will go back on their word in my opinion.

No way they would show this much ambition and spend on AOC and possibly Lemar if they were not selling to buy.

As i said yesterday ...

1. Odd how coutinho did not release his statement on how frustrated he was.

2. No 4th barca bid or name dropping of coutinho every 2 minutes.

3. They have not spunked the cash on anybody else.

All these things point to 1 thing. Cou was told to shut up by his agent, fsg caved to barca and did the deal on the condition it was kept secret or the deal would be off.

Hope we keep him another year and keita can replace him next year ... but i dont see it.

Be gone by friday .... my opinion. And that opens up every other player on 5 years or less contract to throw a wobbler and expect to get what they want and leave ... whether it be mane next summer or someone else.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #3138: Aug 30, 2017 06:56:21 pm
      For me, they (FSG and/or Klopp) have been exonerated from the moment he put in a transfer request.  If he doesn't want to be here, f**k him.  This group of players is going places.  We gave him his opportunity to get off the Inter bench and play footie.  Now he wants to leave?  F**k Coutinho.  F**k Suarez.  F**k Mascherano.  Once they pull that sh*t, they are dead to me.

Understood a lot of the fan base will feel that way. I'm thinking more about, even since the request, the official statements have been adamant. Now someone could come back and say it was all about keeping the fee for replacements down, and maybe it is (although I still think none of the guys we are in for should be considered a replacement for Phil. We should only be offloading or loaning out guys who wouldn't otherwise be getting a game. About 24 hours now.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #3139: Aug 30, 2017 07:26:17 pm
      For me, they (FSG and/or Klopp) have been exonerated from the moment he put in a transfer request.  If he doesn't want to be here, F**k him.  This group of players is going places.  We gave him his opportunity to get off the Inter bench and play footie.  Now he wants to leave?  F**k Coutinho.  F**k Suarez.  F**k Mascherano.  Once they pull that sh*t, they are dead to me. 

Disagree about Mascherano, different owners, different circumstances.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3140: Aug 30, 2017 08:00:42 pm
      Disagree about Mascherano, different owners, different circumstances.

Aren't you forgetting someone?

RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #3141: Aug 30, 2017 08:08:38 pm
      I don't really feel all that much if Coutinho is sold. Never felt that strongly about him say when compared to Nando & Owen. I felt really angry when those two guys went but Coutinho - meh. I will be happy as long as we bleed Barcelona dry when he is sold to them. We can prosper without 'back problem'/stress related illness Coutinho. This team is going places under Klopp with or without Philly boy.

We are LIVERPOOL. YNWA.
      « Last Edit: Aug 30, 2017 08:16:02 pm by RobieSlick »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #3142: Aug 30, 2017 08:12:57 pm

Twue, twue!!

You know what I mean though, needed to sell Mascherano to pay off the money owed on the loans etc, Barca offering £30 mill and the cuban heeled snake wetting himself, no way they were going to let Javier play in case he suffered a knock.
      « Last Edit: Aug 30, 2017 08:19:39 pm by HUYTON RED »
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #3143: Aug 30, 2017 08:13:58 pm

Oh God.  Now you have done it.  >:(
      You have just spoilt my dinner with that picture. Because of you I am going hungry today. I hope you are happy. ;)  :f_wah:
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #3144: Aug 30, 2017 08:24:46 pm

The budgie appointed as our manager really was the lowest point in this club's history.

What a whopper he was.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #3145: Aug 30, 2017 08:26:18 pm
      I don't really feel all that much if Coutinho is sold. Never felt that strongly about him say when compared to Nando & Owen. I felt really angry when those two guys went but Coutinho - meh. I will be happy as long as we bleed Barcelona dry when he is sold to them. We can prosper without 'back problem'/stress related illness Coutinho. This team is going places under Klopp with or without Philly boy.

We are LIVERPOOL. YNWA.

Cou is acting a like a little sh*t but let's not pretend he's not a brilliant player who is still to enter his prime.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #3146: Aug 30, 2017 09:03:56 pm
      Even though he has acted like a complete idiot I don't think selling him is the right thing. Not after saying many times "that he won't be sold no matter what", if he gets his way then I can see another player doing the exact same thing a year from now.

I don't think FSG are that stupid to sell him now, not right now and not after the statements they have made.

If he stays he'll be really important for Liverpool this year, as I'm sure he'll shine.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #3147: Aug 30, 2017 09:06:06 pm
      Cou is acting a like a little sh*t but let's not pretend he's not a brilliant player who is still to enter his prime.

Oh, he is a brilliant player who will do well at Barcelona.

I am talking my feeling. I was livid when & how Nando/Owen left. With Coutinho, I am relaxed. I just feel meh. I don't have any strong views about it. Like I said, as long as we bleed Barcelona dry when wesell them to him.
      lilREDrocket
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 210 posts | 11 
      Reply #3148: Aug 30, 2017 09:07:01 pm
      Could we possibly have Mane, Firmino, Salah, Cuntinho and Lemar on the pitch at the same time?

I'm stiffening up thinking about how much fun that would be to watch.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,989 posts | 240 
      Reply #3149: Aug 30, 2017 09:09:50 pm
      Could we possibly have Mane, Firmino, Salah, Cuntinho and Lemar on the pitch at the same time?

I'm stiffening up thinking about how much fun that would be to watch.

Have you forgotten how we defend? Just thinking about our defence with that lineup gives me a mild heart attack.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #3150: Aug 30, 2017 09:33:10 pm
      Have you forgotten how we defend? Just thinking about our defence with that lineup gives me a mild heart attack.

You mean the defense that has given up 5 goals in the last 10 PL fixtures? 

The one with 7 clean sheets in the last 10 PL fixtures?

That one?

Quick Reply