Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should LFC sell Coutinho to Barcelona in this transfer window?

Yes, sell now, leaves now.
      (20.4%)
      Yes, sell now,go in the summer
      (59.2%)
      No, he stays, what ever.
      (20.4%)

Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)

Read 286255 times
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Re: Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)
      Reply #3174: Aug 31, 2017 11:47:56 am
      Who said we have 200m to spend? Is this the media or has J.Henry actually said it??

Henry actually said "I am going to spend £200m this summer" and every one assumed it was for LFC transfer window. :(

He actually meant he (Henry) was going to spend £200m on a new/upgrade to a yacht.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #3175: Aug 31, 2017 12:20:32 pm
      Nope it closes at dawn, 00:00 am
      The Spanish close there widow the day after us (Sept 1st). They get 25 hours longer to rap up deals
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #3176: Aug 31, 2017 12:21:48 pm
      The Spanish close there widow the day after us (Sept 1st). They get 25 hours longer to rap up deals

Yep, i was talking about 1 sept :)
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #3177: Aug 31, 2017 12:31:04 pm
      Yep, i was talking about 1 sept :)
      Sorry

Sneaky Spanish I reckon it's all down to Real failing to sign De Gea a couple a years ago ?
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,929 posts | 1477 
      Reply #3178: Aug 31, 2017 12:42:21 pm
      Wouldn't sell him no matter who we sign. Despite everything he's one of the best in the league and will help us win trophies.

I'm more desperate to see us win the league than see him go. And also f**k Barca, cu*ts.

Everyone has a threshold price which they would sell. But what's yours? £2b?
      I believe he would go at £150m, this year or next. The price is rich.
      Unless of course we are all playing Championship or Football Manager, we can keep all our star players even if the offers reach £10b per player.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #3179: Aug 31, 2017 01:20:44 pm
      I honestly want Coutinho to go now. There's certain bridges he's burnt and one of those is the culture the manager has tried to maintain at the club. Everyone being on the same page. Coutinho blagging a back injury putting the manager under unnecessary pressure in pre and post match interviews and taking the focus off the games, is fundamentally the wrong thing to do.

Quality player. But he doesn't want to be at LFC. Get the best deal we can for him. Just my personal opinion.
      lilREDrocket
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 210 posts | 11 
      Reply #3180: Aug 31, 2017 01:25:30 pm
      I honestly want Coutinho to go now. There's certain bridges he's burnt and one of those is the culture the manager has tried to maintain at the club. Everyone being on the same page. Coutinho blagging a back injury putting the manager under unnecessary pressure in pre and post match interviews and taking the focus off the games, is fundamentally the wrong thing to do.

Quality player. But he doesn't want to be at LFC. Get the best deal we can for him. Just my personal opinion.

And get Thomas Lemar 👍👍👍
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #3181: Aug 31, 2017 01:33:57 pm
      Sorry

Sneaky Spanish I reckon it's all down to Real failing to sign De Gea a couple a years ago ?

Might be. But they won't sign any key player from the leagues where the transfer windows is shut, because no team will sell their main man without signing a replacement.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #3182: Aug 31, 2017 01:35:46 pm

With you there. He shat on the club. Suarez at least played and put his everything in to it. Coutinho refusing to play? c**t.

Only reason i want to keep him is to F**k Barca off.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #3183: Aug 31, 2017 01:41:50 pm
      https://twitter.com/MelissaReddy_/status/900261722753314816

Still think if we get Lemar, Coutinho will be off, but we shall see.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #3184: Aug 31, 2017 01:47:00 pm

I'd think the same if it wasn't for the amount of times FSG have said he won't be sold this summer.Even with most people wanting him gone right now it'll be like a defeat for them.

He'll probably go next year but I think they'll hold on to him for this window.

At this point I'm like meh, really not arsed about him, he acted like a complete idiot this last month but I think he can help the team a lot -he is really good- so for that reason I think he should stay. Besides after the WC he'll be worth a lot more money. 

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceEcho/status/903225616169885696
      « Last Edit: Aug 31, 2017 02:12:18 pm by leosc »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #3185: Aug 31, 2017 02:00:15 pm
      Anyone else actually looking forward to watching Coutinho have to grovel his way back into Klopp's good graces.

I know he won't do it, but if I was Jürgen, as soon as Coutinho arrived back at Melwood, I'd stick him in to train with the U23's. Leave him there for a couple of weeks before reintegrating him into the first team. Tell him not to forgot that Jürgen is in charge, not Phil and if he ever pulls crap like that again, he'll be training with Gerrard's team ;D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #3186: Aug 31, 2017 02:02:04 pm
      Anyone else actually looking forward to watching Coutinho have to grovel his way back into Klopp's good graces.

I know he won't do it, but if I was Jürgen, as soon as Coutinho arrived back at Melwood, I'd stick him in to train with the U23's. Leave him there for a couple of weeks before reintegrating him into the first team. Tell him not to forgot that Jürgen is in charge, not Phil and if he ever pulls crap like that again, he'll be training with Gerrard's team ;D

Why infest his attitude on to the younger lads?

Train alone. Buck up.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #3187: Aug 31, 2017 02:15:45 pm
      Why infest his attitude on to the younger lads?

Train alone. Buck up.

Good point. We need to bring back a special trainer to oversee his sessions...wonder what Agger is up to these days ;D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #3188: Aug 31, 2017 02:20:14 pm
      Good point. We need to bring back a special trainer to oversee his sessions...wonder what Agger is up to these days ;D

Danny would backhand him so hard YNWA would be permanently imprinted on his F***ing cheek.
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #3189: Aug 31, 2017 05:06:41 pm

Very fair comment this.I hope if he should stay he " puts it in" like Suarez did.
      ruthcity

• 6,929 posts | 1477 
      Reply #3190: Aug 31, 2017 06:14:13 pm

No second guesses needed. He's always associated with tattoos. Probably tattooing people right now.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #3191: Aug 31, 2017 06:15:41 pm
      Very fair comment this.I hope if he should stay he " puts it in" like Suarez did.

What, bites a couple of people?
      Don77

• 6,527 posts | 1083 
      Reply #3192: Aug 31, 2017 06:27:59 pm
      Still not ruling out fsg selling coutinho.

They are businessmen.

I still think they will sell tomorrow.

That would be the cherry wouldn't it
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #3193: Aug 31, 2017 06:34:14 pm
      By handing in a transfer request & claiming to have back problem before start of the season suggest that Coutinho does not want to play with better players...

Wooosh !  That was an exocet Shabs mate .   ;D
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #3194: Aug 31, 2017 08:55:19 pm
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,924 posts | 283 
      Reply #3195: Aug 31, 2017 09:03:54 pm