Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should LFC sell Coutinho to Barcelona in this transfer window?

Yes, sell now, leaves now.
      (20.4%)
      Yes, sell now,go in the summer
      (59.2%)
      No, he stays, what ever.
      (20.4%)

Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)

Read 283830 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)
      Reply #3220: Sep 01, 2017 09:50:35 am
      If he was sold today following VVD debacle that really would be the icing on the cake.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #3221: Sep 01, 2017 12:20:42 pm
      Hmm interesting, if true then its a terrible way to treat someone but you never have a job unless its down on paper black and white but the damage that Brendan did with not wanting a sporting director is only now being cleared away.
      Anyway whatever the reason its good that we stood firm on Coutinho not leaving.

I suppose that is the historical context, but if the article is to be believed then

1) we have absolutely nothing to worry about in regards to Coutinho leaving and 2) Coutinho has been stuck in the middle of a dick swinging competition between John Henry and Pep Segura all summer.

ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #3222: Sep 01, 2017 03:12:53 pm
      It's unlikely he will go now. If he does, I'd be sad and a little angry that he chose to leave in such circumstances. If he stays, I hope he gets sat on the bench for a few games as punishment, hell if we keep banging them in and winning without him, it might even make him a better player to compete for his place...but I won't be booing or holding a grudge.

Football is fickle these days and to want to play for Barca is not exactly an insult to Liverpool, let's be a little pragmatic. He's done a lot for us, he's never complained and given 100% every time I've seen him and all his done is express a desire to play for one of the top 5 teams in the world. He hasn't been disrespectful in my opinion, just a little naïve in the way he's done it.

But he'll probably stay and I hope the fans cut him some slack, because he can make a huge contribution to a big, big season for us.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #3223: Sep 01, 2017 03:16:45 pm
      I suppose that is the historical context, but if the article is to be believed then

1) we have absolutely nothing to worry about in regards to Coutinho leaving and 2) Coutinho has been stuck in the middle of a dick swinging competition between John Henry and Pep Segura all summer.

3) John W Henry is as many have postulated an absent minded (and absent in attendance) owner.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #3224: Sep 01, 2017 03:26:32 pm
      Hmm interesting, if true then its a terrible way to treat someone but you never have a job unless its down on paper black and white but the damage that Brendan did with not wanting a sporting director is only now being cleared away.
      Anyway whatever the reason its good that we stood firm on Coutinho not leaving.

Found it  interesting that they noticed he signed a 5 year deal while at the same time taking a very short term lease on his house so they had a feeling something was coming and once the back scans showed nothing they Knew it was coming and took this stance right off not to sell.

Phil played his part in this too....willingly.
      « Last Edit: Sep 01, 2017 03:47:05 pm by AZPatriot »
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #3225: Sep 01, 2017 03:40:02 pm
      It's unlikely he will go now. If he does, I'd be sad and a little angry that he chose to leave in such circumstances. If he stays, I hope he gets sat on the bench for a few games as punishment, hell if we keep banging them in and winning without him, it might even make him a better player to compete for his place...but I won't be booing or holding a grudge.

Football is fickle these days and to want to play for Barca is not exactly an insult to Liverpool, let's be a little pragmatic. He's done a lot for us, he's never complained and given 100% every time I've seen him and all his done is express a desire to play for one of the top 5 teams in the world. He hasn't been disrespectful in my opinion, just a little naïve in the way he's done it.

But he'll probably stay and I hope the fans cut him some slack, because he can make a huge contribution to a big, big season for us.

Unlikely he goes now? He was never going to be sold anyway.

Hasn't been disrespectful? That's comedy gold right there! A day before our season was due to start he decided to hand in a transfer request, came up with a bullshit reason for not playing and then chooses to play for his national team. If that's not disrespect then I don't know what the F**k is.

I have no problem with him wanting to go and play Barcelona and if he had done it properly I'd have no issue with it/him but he's been a dick and gone about it all wrong.

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3226: Sep 01, 2017 03:55:13 pm
      Unlikely he goes now? He was never going to be sold anyway.

Hasn't been disrespectful? That's comedy gold right there! A day before our season was due to start he decided to hand in a transfer request, came up with a bullshit reason for not playing and then chooses to play for his national team. If that's not disrespect then I don't know what the f**k is.

I have no problem with him wanting to go and play Barcelona and if he had done it properly I'd have no issue with it/him but he's been a dick and gone about it all wrong.

Correct. His attitude, puppeteered by his agent Joorachbian no doubt, was reprehensible. To be honest without that particular agent directing things from behind the scenes I doubt Coutinho would have acted in such a deceitful and childish manner. That he did though, on the orders of someone else rather than his own temperament, just makes him look even more pathetic and weak. Dignity in himself is clearly something he doesn't have.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,955 posts | 234 
      Reply #3227: Sep 01, 2017 04:14:52 pm
      Correct. His attitude, puppeteered by his agent Joorachbian no doubt, was reprehensible. To be honest without that particular agent directing things from behind the scenes I doubt Coutinho would have acted in such a deceitful and childish manner. That he did though, on the orders of someone else rather than his own temperament, just makes him look even more pathetic and weak. Dignity in himself is clearly something he doesn't have.

I think it is easy to point the fingers at Joorbaichan. But, he was not Coutinho's agent before the summer of last year. I dont know how true this is, but, Coutinho went for Joorbaichan in order to secure a move away from LFC. He was appointed last year as Coutinho's agent. The agent is just a shadow/proxy self of the player. Most of the times he does what the player wants and Coutinho has made himself willingly 'culpable' in this saga.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #3228: Sep 01, 2017 04:28:31 pm
      Not that it changes something because he wasn't going to be sold but Spanish papers are reporting that Barcelona have given up chasing Coutinho.

Apparently they made a bid today but haven't seen that reported by other journalists.

So I'm guessing there will be a video in the next few days of him saying that he is sorry and will give his best this year.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #3229: Sep 01, 2017 04:40:06 pm
      Most of the times he does what the player wants and Coutinho has made himself willingly 'culpable' in this saga.

Agents also advise players and Coutinho's actions are straight out of the Joorbaichan playbook, he's got form for encouraging players in to this type of behaviour, the mans a leech and a poisonous one at that..
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,955 posts | 234 
      Reply #3230: Sep 01, 2017 04:46:40 pm
      Agents also advise players and Coutinho's actions are straight out of the Joorbaichan playbook, he's got form for encouraging players in to this type of behaviour, the mans a leech and a poisonous one at that..

That is the 'how' of it (how to get what the players wishes); classless and undignified, Joorbaichan style (Mascherano did something similar).
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #3231: Sep 01, 2017 04:48:48 pm
      I think it is easy to point the fingers at Joorbaichan. But, he was not Coutinho's agent before the summer of last year. I dont know how true this is, but, Coutinho went for Joorbaichan in order to secure a move away from LFC. He was appointed last year as Coutinho's agent. The agent is just a shadow/proxy self of the player. Most of the times he does what the player wants and Coutinho has made himself willingly 'culpable' in this saga.

Ironically, seems to me he's been mugged over by Joorbaichan's greed. I couldn't think why the F**k he would sign a new long term deal with us when he was wanting a move to Barca. Makes no sense. Until I thought - don't agents generally get a cut of the transfer fee? So has Joorbaichan told him to sign a new deal, knowing this'll mean Barca will have to pay a higher fee which he'll then get a cut of?

Don't know, but I like to think the answer is yes.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #3232: Sep 01, 2017 05:11:50 pm
      Ironically, seems to me he's been mugged over by Joorbaichan's greed. I couldn't think why the F**k he would sign a new long term deal with us when he was wanting a move to Barca. Makes no sense. Until I thought - don't agents generally get a cut of the transfer fee? So has Joorbaichan told him to sign a new deal, knowing this'll mean Barca will have to pay a higher fee which he'll then get a cut of?

He'd have got a cut when Couts signed new deal, double pay day, between Joorbaichan and Barca advising/tactics to force a move Phil's been left in an awkward position.

Bet he's not first in line for a Klopp hug for sure..
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,955 posts | 234 
      Reply #3233: Sep 01, 2017 05:12:13 pm
      Ironically, seems to me he's been mugged over by Joorbaichan's greed. I couldn't think why the f**k he would sign a new long term deal with us when he was wanting a move to Barca. Makes no sense. Until I thought - don't agents generally get a cut of the transfer fee? So has Joorbaichan told him to sign a new deal, knowing this'll mean Barca will have to pay a higher fee which he'll then get a cut of?

I think agents also get a % of the player's wages (total income). I guess the longer the duration of the contract, the higher the transfer fees. And, hence as you say higher the agent's cut.

But, Joorbaichan is not alone. He is Bertolucci's partner. According to one Brazilian journalist, Bertolucci is supposedly very  influential in Europe and a majority of Brazilian players has him as an agent.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #3234: Sep 01, 2017 05:39:19 pm
      Tick tock ickle Phil ⏳
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #3235: Sep 01, 2017 09:02:48 pm
      He'd have got a cut when Couts signed new deal, double pay day, between Joorbaichan and Barca advising/tactics to force a move Phil's been left in an awkward position.

Bet he's not first in line for a Klopp hug for sure..

Don't think he knows what to expect from Klopp. Jürgen's played it very cool. I can't work out whether he wants Phil back or not.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #3236: Sep 01, 2017 09:27:28 pm
      Don't think he knows what to expect from Klopp. Jürgen's played it very cool. I can't work out whether he wants Phil back or not.

Gaffer plays everything cool...that's how he roles.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #3237: Sep 01, 2017 09:44:08 pm
      Bout an hour of so left in the Spanish window...tick tock
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #3238: Sep 01, 2017 10:26:51 pm
      Bout an hour of so left in the Spanish window...tick tock

Thinking the same and watching intently.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #3239: Sep 01, 2017 10:32:10 pm
      Gaffer plays everything cool...that's how he roles.

Nice and cool... https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=63rcdLeXiU8
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #3240: Sep 01, 2017 10:47:39 pm
      Time to wipe his sulk off his face and start to hit the ground running to make up for the fans that pay his wages.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #3241: Sep 02, 2017 01:57:46 am
      You owe us now Phil. Go out give it your best ever Season, triple the asking price that Barca are going to pay us, then F**k off!
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #3242: Sep 02, 2017 02:14:40 am
      You owe us now Phil. Go out give it your best ever Season, triple the asking price that Barca are going to pay us, then F**k off!

Agree except for the F**k off bit
      He does owe us and he needs to grow up and remember where he was 5 years ago and why at this point in time Barcelona want to sign him
      Because this club has given him the chance to grow and played a system to get the best out of him
      You can't sign a 5 year contract 6 months ago and then start playing up as he has.
      Clearly he has been poorly advised BUT he is a 25 year old MAN
      saying all of that, if he had come out during the early summer and wanted out then it would have given us time to have sorted this all out
      But he didn't and he has to live my his responsibilities to the club.
      He was, by the way, fantastic during his 30 mins outing for Brazil last night.....clearly the back pain has subsided.

Quick Reply