Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should LFC sell Coutinho to Barcelona in this transfer window?

Yes, sell now, leaves now.
      (20.4%)
      Yes, sell now,go in the summer
      (59.2%)
      No, he stays, what ever.
      (20.4%)

Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)

Read 286618 times
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,209 posts | 1213 
      Re: Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)
      Reply #3381: Jan 01, 2018 04:45:45 am
      Don't think he'll go except for silly money (£150m) in the summer, by which point we'll have won the CL beating Barca 3-0 in the final with goals from Coutinho before he joins a lesser club.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,185 posts | 1636 
      Reply #3382: Jan 01, 2018 09:11:17 am
      We should rinse the cheeky fuckers for that move. Price just gone up by another 20mill, i F***ing hate that club (Barca), acting all high and mighty when in reality they are the most underhand cu*ts around.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #3383: Jan 01, 2018 09:41:06 am
      The VVD tranfer is looking more and more like it was rushed through in an attempt to appease fans tbh.
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 69 
      Reply #3384: Jan 01, 2018 10:27:38 am
      I think Barcelona will be desperate to try and get this done in this window. £130 million plus is still alot of cash but if Phil has a good world cup in the summer then that price could easily go to £150 million plus. I think if his replacements have been identified and we can bring them in this window then I think Phil will go in this window. We would be foolish though to let him go without bringing someone in. Top 4 is still going to be difficult this season and new players will also have to bed in and get used to this league. We need quality to replace Phil but I'm resigned to the fact that he's on his way out this window.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #3385: Jan 01, 2018 10:36:49 am
      Some saying it will happen on the 5th of this month, not sure if that’s coming from Barca sources though.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #3386: Jan 01, 2018 10:43:27 am
      We'd be shooting ourselves in the foot if we let him go in January, regardless of who we bring in. Any new player will need time to bed in, and you simply can't overstate importance of having Philippe in the team.
      We'd go backwards if he leaves before the summer.
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #3387: Jan 01, 2018 10:55:00 am
      The main problem in keeping him though, is that in all probability he doesn't want to be here.  While that hasn't been a problem up to now as far as we can tell, it may not last.

While the phrase sell to buy has been bandied about, the fact is that players who have gone that we didn't want to lose have pretty much all wanted out (for whatever reason) and you can only keep an unhappy player so long, before it affects the squad as a whole.

Obviously would rather he stays, but I do feel we are in a better place to cope without him (and attract the right players to counter his loss) than we have been in the past.
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 69 
      Reply #3388: Jan 01, 2018 11:03:40 am
      The main problem in keeping him though, is that in all probability he doesn't want to be here.  While that hasn't been a problem up to now as far as we can tell, it may not last.

While the phrase sell to buy has been bandied about, the fact is that players who have gone that we didn't want to lose have pretty much all wanted out (for whatever reason) and you can only keep an unhappy player so long, before it affects the squad as a whole.

Obviously would rather he stays, but I do feel we are in a better place to cope without him (and attract the right players to counter his loss) than we have been in the past.

From what he brings from that deeper role he plays I think we could cope better now but I think we have to bring in a winger for what we'd lose when phil plays wide so in that sense it would lessen the burden of him going in January but from a set piece point of veiw that is where we look weakened by him going now.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #3389: Jan 01, 2018 11:23:41 am
      Well with nothing announced yet, and with Nike having that announcement set for 1/1/18, I think there is hope yet that it was a massive cock-up and just a template.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #3390: Jan 01, 2018 12:33:26 pm
      Well with nothing announced yet, and with Nike having that announcement set for 1/1/18, I think there is hope yet that it was a massive cock-up and just a template.
      Too much coincidence, Nike should not even be making such templates yet. They take about 5 seconds to make. I won't be buying any Nike products anymore. I usually stick to Adidas for sports gear when I can anyway.

I don't think that it was an accident, it's mind games. They wanted to.disturb us just before the window opens. I don't feel comfortable with their tactics and I am also ashamed no official complaint has been made.

Nike has surely aligned themselves to do Barcas dirty work and I dislike Barcelona even more than United. Nike is barred as much as the S*n for me. I wouldn't evenaccept free Nike stuff now. I wouldn't be surprised to see other Liverpool fans boycotting Nike too.
      « Last Edit: Jan 01, 2018 12:38:09 pm by Ribapuru »
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #3391: Jan 01, 2018 12:49:34 pm
      Too much coincidence, Nike should not even be making such templates yet. They take about 5 seconds to make.

In 15 different languages I'm sure it takes more than 5 seconds. But hey, it is what it is.

I don't feel comfortable with their tactics and I am also ashamed no official complaint has been made.

We don't know that no official complaint has been made. I'd imagine it has been and that this will only be publicised if/when it goes further.

Nike is barred as much as the S*n for me. I wouldn't evenaccept free Nike stuff now. I wouldn't be surprised to see other Liverpool fans boycotting Nike too.

You, uh, you're serious huh? Nike is as bad as the S*n for possibly accidentally leaking a potential player transfer that may or may not happen? Okay, now I've heard it all.

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #3392: Jan 01, 2018 01:02:18 pm
      In 15 different languages I'm sure it takes more than 5 seconds. But hey, it is what it is.
      You, uh, you're serious huh? Nike is as bad as the S*n for possibly accidentally leaking a potential player transfer that may or may not happen? Okay, now I've heard it all.
      Firstly, how do you know other languages were created? I only seen one language published. Source would be great if it was actually created in more languages.
      It's very unlikely to have been accidentally posted. High level companies work to ISO standards that slowly replaced IEEE. The fact that the link didn't work suggest no accident, as software  usually detects broken links before publishing. He would have manually had to click ignore, unless Nike didn't have protocols in place to check. I'd have set a rule to not publish a broken link personally. It can be set in company policy and automatically restrict broken links to be published.
      As a computer scientist I can tell you that it falls under Content Management Systems.
      I never said Nike is as bad as the S*n. I said as barred as the S*n. Which is both 100% barred for me is aka boycotted. Sun is obviously worse.
      « Last Edit: Jan 01, 2018 01:16:17 pm by Ribapuru »
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #3393: Jan 01, 2018 01:04:10 pm
      Too much coincidence, Nike should not even be making such templates yet. They take about 5 seconds to make. I won't be buying any Nike products anymore. I usually stick to Adidas for sports gear when I can anyway.

I don't think that it was an accident, it's mind games. They wanted to.disturb us just before the window opens. I don't feel comfortable with their tactics and I am also ashamed no official complaint has been made.

Nike has surely aligned themselves to do Barcas dirty work and I dislike Barcelona even more than United. Nike is barred as much as the S*n for me. I wouldn't evenaccept free Nike stuff now. I wouldn't be surprised to see other Liverpool fans boycotting Nike too.

An old adage I know states that sometimes it is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

To be honest though, I don't care abut brands or labels, grew up poor and, until my teens, my clothes consisted of hand me downs from my uncle, patched up jeans, darned socks and my nans' knitting.

I will say I do now have a brand of footwear I prefer, having tried cheap brands, expensive names but it's based on comfort and lasting more than three months without falling apart. I do like my Skechers.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,358 posts | 1028 
      Reply #3394: Jan 01, 2018 01:11:13 pm
      I will say I do now have a brand of footwear I prefer, having tried cheap brands, expensive names but it's based on comfort and lasting more than three months without falling apart. I do like my Skechers.
      Thought you were going for heels there.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #3395: Jan 01, 2018 01:13:12 pm
      Thought you were going for heels there.

Darling, they only come out for Rocky Horror.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,358 posts | 1028 
      Reply #3396: Jan 01, 2018 01:47:11 pm
      Anyone else nervous about the teamsheet for today’s game? It Coutinho isn’t in the squad then surely the writing is on the wall.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,904 posts | 818 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #3397: Jan 01, 2018 01:49:16 pm
      Bye Couts it was good having you while we did, all the best in the future.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #3398: Jan 01, 2018 01:52:55 pm
      Anyone else nervous about the teamsheet for today’s game? It Coutinho isn’t in the squad then surely the writing is on the wall.

He’s played 90, 86, 83, 90 and 88 mins in a short space of time. I wouldn’t read too much into it. I’d have been more surprised if he was playing today. He looked a bit off his usual pace against Leicester IMO. Plus we have the Bitters on Friday.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,358 posts | 1028 
      Reply #3399: Jan 01, 2018 01:53:51 pm
      He’s played 90, 86, 83, 90 and 88 mins in a short space of time. I wouldn’t read too much into it. I’d have been more surprised if he was playing today. He looked a bit off his usual pace against Leicester IMO. Plus we have the Bitters on Friday.
      He may not start but if he is out of the squad altogether...
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,904 posts | 818 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #3400: Jan 01, 2018 01:54:54 pm

Still would warrant a place on the bench. I think his gone mate and we have just been fooled into thinking the VVD signing was nothing to do with Phil leaving.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #3401: Jan 01, 2018 01:55:27 pm
      He may not start but if he is out of the squad altogether...

It’s like I said. 2 games in 48 hours. I didn’t expect him to play any part with the Bitters in a few days. This should be a winnable game without him.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #3402: Jan 01, 2018 01:56:51 pm
      So I assume we are replacing Couts with Lemar or similar quality in THIS window.

Otherwise we'll have gone and fu**ed up another season.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,358 posts | 1028 
      Reply #3403: Jan 01, 2018 01:58:32 pm
      It’s like I said. 2 games in 48 hours. I didn’t expect him to play any part with the Bitters in a few days. This should be a winnable game without him.
      Surely Klopp would prioritise the league over the cup, regardless if it’s the bitters. To not put him on the bench (where there is a chance he may not be needed) wouldn’t make any sense. Anyway, I’ll draw my own conclusions if he is omitted.

Quick Reply