Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 17th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should LFC sell Coutinho to Barcelona in this transfer window?

Yes, sell now, leaves now.
      (20.4%)
      Yes, sell now,go in the summer
      (59.2%)
      No, he stays, what ever.
      (20.4%)

Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)

Read 297927 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,447 posts | 6433 
      Re: Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)
      Reply #3956: Jan 06, 2018 07:01:03 pm
      Didn't Neymar also fund his release clause using Qatar's money? If so, then this might be a bit similar to it.

He did...but it's because he had a "Release" clause so it didn't matter where the money came from. Qatar paid him to be a "spokesperson" for the World Cup  or Olympics or whatever it is they are doing over there, he used the money to basically buy out his contract from Barca. It was shady as well but apparently legal. if Coutinho used his own money (or Nike's...hmmm....odd considering their little flub the other day) then I'd think he'd be left of the law on this one.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #3957: Jan 06, 2018 07:01:50 pm
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #3958: Jan 06, 2018 07:49:46 pm
      Barcelona prison beckons

Buy a player for £142 million and then put a €400 million buyout clause in the contract.

The same crazy antic with Mascherano and Suarez. Once you sign with them, they own your ass.

Disappointed we didn't ask for an outright buy of £142 million. So we can be completely free of the lad.

He's played his final Champions League for this season too.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #3959: Jan 06, 2018 07:52:59 pm
      This could be Phil's Micheal Owen moment, leaving us for a top spanish club only to see us lift Big ears..

Going to happen..

At least Phil didn't promise that he would stay like Mickey Owen did with his promise to sign a new contract.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,012 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #3960: Jan 06, 2018 08:04:33 pm
      Bad business, he should have gone in the summer (last or next), hopefully there is already a replacement in place otherwise we're risking a lot.

Don't want to be negative hopefully in the end it will be for the best of LFC which is all that matters.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #3961: Jan 06, 2018 08:05:46 pm
      Hate the reality that we’re a selling club.

Apart from buying the worlds most expensive defender.

Come on now. We're not selling to Spurs here are we.

Didn't Barca sell Neymar. They a selling club? Has it killed their team?
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,946 posts | 287 
      Reply #3962: Jan 06, 2018 08:07:40 pm
      Thanks for your years of service Phil.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,364 posts | 290 
      Reply #3963: Jan 06, 2018 08:10:49 pm
      It's a crying shame that we have owners that are interested only in $.
      I get South Americans like Mascherano, Suarez and Coutinho dream of playing in Spain but surely the only type of deals we should be striking with players like these are "win us PL title,  win us a CL, bring success and glory to the club you're highly paid by, make our dreams come true then we'll allow you to fulfil yours".
      I said all the way through the 13/14 season when people where asking me did I think Suarez would leave, "if Suarez wins us a PL title he could go with my blessing".
      The problem is our owners aren't supporters, I am desperate to see us crowned league champs again, it's nearly 30 years which kills me, FSG aren't fussed.
      fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Reply #3964: Jan 06, 2018 08:11:53 pm
      Apart from buying the worlds most expensive defender.

Come on now. We're not selling to Spurs here are we.

Didn't Barca sell Neymar. They a selling club? Has it killed their team?

PSG activated his release clause.. they didn't have a choice.
      « Last Edit: Jan 06, 2018 08:17:51 pm by fckmediocrity »
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,271 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #3965: Jan 06, 2018 08:15:48 pm
      PSG activated his release clause.. they didn't had a choice.

Neymar bought his contract out, became a free agent, signed for PSG.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,739 posts | 3948 
      Reply #3966: Jan 06, 2018 08:30:52 pm
      Honestly, I F***ing hate him and hope he gets benched and career railroads
      Arlen Correa
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 125 posts | 37 
      Reply #3967: Jan 06, 2018 08:45:17 pm
      Such a terrible idea from Coutinho and his agents. Liverpool is buiding something special. The EPL tend to be dominant in the future. He could become a legend in the club.
      He was loved by the fans and now he will play for a club with a huge historical of disrespect and disloyalty to their Brazilian players.
      Kopite78
      Reply #3968: Jan 06, 2018 08:48:58 pm
      He's basically gone on strike twice in a season, that's tainted everything for me

I honestly dont blame the manager for wanting to allow this now. If you understand the manager and what he needs and wants even 10% you won't be suprised he's allowed this because of that

Lads a pr**k

He's not what's best for us with how he's behaved

Replace him and move on. Clubs bigger than that tit
      kop1
      • CGS L.F.C
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 90 posts |
      Reply #3969: Jan 06, 2018 08:50:07 pm
      Why all the moaning about him going, he was always going get over it ffs
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #3970: Jan 06, 2018 08:51:47 pm
      Super player, and he'll be missed, but don't blame Jürgen or FSG for the decision to sell in any way.
      They put the foot down in the Summer, and they've got a much better deal. When the guy signed for 8.5mill - and though would prefer if he stayed until season end - nobody would've seen him becoming the 3rd biggest transfer in history.

Yes you want to keep your best players, and we don't want to be a feeder club - BUT NO PLAYER is bigger than the club - and he was disrespecting it/us enough for me to be OK with him getting shown the f**king door in the end.

We have a bag of money to spend - but Jürgen has shown he doesn't go out and splurge money for the sake of it. I don't see any pony-tailed ones looming on the horizon. He's been careful with his signings, and has improved the quality of player at the club - success is not far away. VVD signed, Keita on way, we'll get a top keeper. We're well in the hunt this season so would be great if we could get an attacking/creative mid in Jan window, but will leave it to Jürgen, I trust him to do what's best.

Loved watching Phil play, so disappointed - but we signed some good guys in the summer, VVD is settling in, and we have one of the top managers in the world who thankfully is going flippin nowhere.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,739 posts | 3948 
      Reply #3971: Jan 06, 2018 08:52:43 pm
      He's basically gone on strike twice in a season, that's tainted everything for me

I honestly dont blame the manager for wanting to allow this now. If you understand the manager and what he needs and wants even 10% you won't be suprised he's allowed this because of that

Lads a pr**k

He's not what's best for us with how he's behaved

Replace him and move on. Clubs bigger than that tit

His antics and behaviour means he’ll never be remembered as a legend at Liverpool. F***ing little pr**k. F**k him.

If Liverpool miss out on a trophy and top 4 it’ll all come down to this ridiculous decision to sell today.
      Kopite78
      Reply #3972: Jan 06, 2018 08:55:29 pm
      His antics and behaviour means he’ll never be remembered as a legend at Liverpool. F***ing little pr**k. F**k him.

I'm over it already mate

Just hope we bring a replacement in. We have the money so get it done to continue moving forward

Legend is thrown about too easily. He certainly isn't one..  But  neither is Suarez for that matter.

Gerrard and Carra are... Hyypia probably. But not these shitehawks like Coutinho or Suarez
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,067 posts | 548 
      Reply #3973: Jan 06, 2018 08:56:00 pm
      Hmmm, surprised he is going straight away, thought the deal would be for a summer departure.

I don't particularly hate him for it. He was here 5 years and hasn't really seen us show enough ambition to win the league or the European Cup. There's only so many times you can tell a player "maybe next year". Players have short careers, and generally won't wait forever if they know they are good enough to be winning the big trophies.

As for the way he's gone about it, yeah I don't really like it, but VVD did the same and we aren't all calling him a c**t.

Anyway, we move on. We need to sign a replacement now, or this will hurt our top 4 chances this season. FSG need to step up and get somebody or it will just show, yet again, that we aren't ambitious enough as a club, and are always happy to take a step backwards every time we have just taken a step forwards.
      kop1
      • CGS L.F.C
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 90 posts |
      Reply #3974: Jan 06, 2018 08:58:13 pm
      Totally agree with London red, loads on here moaning about him going if anyone thought he wasn’t going to be sold  now are deluded ffs he didn’t want to be here get over it
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #3975: Jan 06, 2018 08:59:02 pm
      The rhetoric goes that the best players aren't available in January because the big clubs aren't willing to sell half way through a season to derail their campain.

The way I saw this is that we held the cards, no buyout, 4 years left on a contract and with things to play for in the season.

With that as it is I am struggling to see why we would sell him now and not look at agreeing the deal now and selling him in the Summer.

Nike were right so this whole thing has been coming for quite some time.

With that in mind I wish him good luck to be fair. He was at times a joy to watch and I can see the lure Barca must hold for him.

We now need to start shopping. The last two games we have been very workmanlike in his absence and long term scoring goals from free kicks, penalties  and corners will not happen every game.

Genuine class needs to be brought in and theres no direct replacement out there.

Mahrez/Sanchez would be my choice. We need proven class now and the change can go on a keeper.
      alsmal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,539 posts | 34 
      • Right or wrong, its MY opinion.
      Reply #3976: Jan 06, 2018 08:59:49 pm
      Some good news for the poor souls who thought we’d get one more year out of him and got his name on the shirt.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/286620-information-for-fans-who-purchased-2017-18-coutinho-replica-jerseys
      Kopite78
      Reply #3977: Jan 06, 2018 09:01:01 pm
      Some good news for the poor souls who thought we’d get one more year out of him and got his name on the shirt.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/286620-information-for-fans-who-purchased-2017-18-coutinho-replica-jerseys

Anyone over the age of 12 who has a shirt  with a players name on the back needs to be asking themselves major questions
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #3978: Jan 06, 2018 09:01:12 pm
      Its official then.

£142 million ....... £105 million up front.

I want to say that Phil never let his head drop since last summer and ( just like Luis did for a season ) .... gave us his all since the summer.

I wish him well .

Anyone got Mahrez's number ?
      « Last Edit: Jan 06, 2018 09:06:20 pm by MIRO »

Quick Reply