Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P21 W11 D8 L2

Luis Diaz Player Thread (F)

Read 50403 times
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,600 posts | 363 
      Re: Luis Diaz Player Thread (F)
      Reply #644: Mar 17, 2024 10:16:19 pm
      What is it with some peoples desire after a match to look to slag the current scapegoat- the same pricks were quiet as a mouse after the city game where he was superb

Superb at what? The lad missed at least 2 perhaps 3 F***ing sitters v City!!

Anybody who still gets excited when he takes 2 players on cuts inside and shoots on goal needs their F***ing head testing.

Made a LFC career this fella at nearly scoring. Carried plenty of 'threat' but F**k all in the way of results.

Can be sold for me along with Gakpo. In fairness to Luis at least hes nicer on the eye than the other time waster.

« Last Edit: Mar 17, 2024 10:21:58 pm by __Tickle__ »
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,956 posts | 658 
      Reply #645: Mar 17, 2024 10:24:11 pm
      What is it with some peoples desire after a match to look to slag the current scapegoat- the same pricks were quiet as a mouse after the city game where he was superb
      Simple answer: Anger, We just lost an important football match to our biggest rivals, and many of us want to express our frustrations ( in whatever manner we want )... That's it, nothing else...just some passionate supporters who've just watched their team throw away a major fixture and are...like you, pissed off.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,084 posts | 1046 
      Reply #646: Mar 17, 2024 11:40:37 pm
      'Superb' but missed three clear cut chances that could have won us the game.

Probably sums up his time here. Even when he hit the ground running after signing he missed a ton of chances (Mane picked up the slack back then).
      Yeah. Again, I think Diaz is very physically gifted. He's fast and has endurance to burn. He works very hard and he's certainly contributed to the squad over the the past few seasons. But to me his tends to really stand out in games we don't finish well in ( League cup finals, City game last week, etc.). I dunno if that's what I'd wanna be known for. Again, I don't wanna take away from any of his achievements. The point at Luton may very well be the difference in winning the league. He's played a lot this season and he was there when a lot of others were out. But his end product leaves a lot to be desired. He also likes to go alone a lot and drifts into the middle and then loses it and leaves us exposed on his side. There were two plays today that drove me nuts. One was when he had 3 people to pass to and just stayed on it and lost it from behind ( I'd have to rewatch to say when) and the other was when Elliot hit the post and then he just danced with it instead of doing something. It would've took a really good play to score from there, but when u just jig with the ball on your foot inside the 6 yardbox, the outcome won't be good.

I'd like to see another guy who looks to link up more and has a better shot on him....
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,392 posts | 376 
      Reply #647: Yesterday at 12:21:06 am
      loads to love about him, effort is outstanding (i hate praising players for effort as it should just be a prerequisite but it isn't always) but the issue is, he just isn't a killer, and if he isn't a killer by 27 he never will be.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum John Barnes

• 409 posts | 76 
      Reply #648: Yesterday at 01:04:24 am
      Set up a nice chance for Robbo when he shot over the bar and did set up Nunez who had the shot Onana parried to Salah who then scored….otherwise didn’t notice him too much in an attacking sense, puts in a lot of work but we say this about him a lot. Want to be praising him more on his goal contributions.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 836 
      Reply #649: Yesterday at 01:17:34 am

In this thread, a few individuals, such as Breeding-Reds 434, have consistently expressed their opinions about Luis. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, and I agree that it can be tiresome when a group of people repeatedly criticizes a player after a bad game or loss. However, there are also many individuals who offer balanced and consistent opinions about players regardless of the situation. While these opinions may be more vocal after a loss, they are still valid and contribute to a well-rounded discussion.

For example, very early into last season, I expressed my belief that Luis Diaz might not fit the mold of what we typically look for in a winger. However, I also acknowledge that he brings a unique dimension to our team, especially considering our tendency to prioritize wingers who are strong finishers over traditional or technical players. While Luis adds something different to our front three, I believe our system functions best with two wingers who excel at finishing. If both Jota and Salah were fully fit throughout the season, it's likely that Luis would not have started as many games. Even if I consider Luis to be a superior technician and one-on-one player, he most certainly would've found himself benched had he joined earlier when Mane was a regular starter.

Edit: bottom line? I believe Luis would be a great addition to our team if he was used and was seen as depth rather than starting 11 material. If we cannot afford to have a player on his wage be considered as depth then I say we cut our losses and look for a winger that fits the mold of what we usually like in a winger.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,577 posts | 6635 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #650: Today at 12:28:13 am
      I just don't rate him like some do, amd if he was sold i trust the new FSG regime put those funds to good use ane find a suitable replacement. Maybe even a better one?  I'm by no means saying he isn't good, but I do think his finishing is below average and he holds up play rather than linking it. Tbf, he had huge shoes to fill after Mane left.

Spot on with his finishing and his hold up play. Drives me F***ing bonkers.

He's brilliant till he gets to that box!

Quick Reply