Trending Topics

Next match: Arsenal v LFC [Friendly] Thu 1st Aug @ 12:30 am
      Lincoln Financial Field

Today is the 27th of July and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W3 D4 L3

Trent Alexander-Arnold Player Thread (D)

Read 226515 times
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,582 posts | 297 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold Player Thread (D)
      Reply #2070: Jul 25, 2024 09:40:59 am
      If true, it's a lot of money but it's better than losing him for nothing and if Madrid still decide they want him next summer and happy to pay silly money, all the better.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,601 posts | 857 
      Reply #2071: Jul 25, 2024 10:34:17 am
      Top ranked players are paid obscene amounts of money these days, and as not one penny of that money comes from me, I generally couldn't care less. The Premier league is way over hyped, and so are most players in it..... at least half the games any given weekend are drab
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,582 posts | 297 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #2072: Jul 25, 2024 10:43:21 am
      Top ranked players are paid obscene amounts of money these days, and as not one penny of that money comes from me, I generally couldn't care less. The Premier league is way over hyped, and so are most players in it..... at least half the games any given weekend are drab

But you should care. Everything we (& every other club) do financially now has a greater impact than ever and dictates what you may or may not be able to do later on. For example Utd having the 2nd highest wage bill and finishing 8th, that can't happen to us because sooner or later they'll end up like Forest or Everton.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,601 posts | 857 
      Reply #2073: Jul 25, 2024 11:44:37 am
      But you should care. Everything we (& every other club) do financially now has a greater impact than ever and dictates what you may or may not be able to do later on. For example Utd having the 2nd highest wage bill and finishing 8th, that can't happen to us because sooner or later they'll end up like Forest or Everton.
      Our Club, like any other has to pay the market price to stay competitive. Neither of us can change that. As I said I don't pay one single penny into LFC's coffers, and how they choose to spend their money is up to them. The Man U example you presented is far more complex than just wages.
      The Club has been poorly run for years, I agree that player recruitment and their coresponding wages are a factor, but there are far deeper issues in play.
      If, LFC had a policy of paying players less than other European ranked sides, then you may have a valid point...but that's not the case.
      The Cause and affect relating to wages is exaggerated .
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,582 posts | 6459 
      Reply #2074: Jul 25, 2024 04:14:39 pm
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,992 posts | 461 
      Reply #2075: Jul 25, 2024 09:14:15 pm
      Its standard these days.  ;D especially if scouts right about him. 

Scouts? More like the girl guides over at Old Trafford.

Quick Reply