Trending Topics

Next match: Sheff Utd v LFC [Premier League] Sun 28th Feb @ 7:15 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Bramall Lane

Today is the 26th of February and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D4 L9

Andy Robertson Player Thread

Read 105913 times
      chats
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 25,095 posts | 1364 
      Re: Andy Robertson Player Thread
      Reply #1050: Feb 07, 2021 09:41:21 pm
      He's still relatively solid compared to the carnage of the right hand side but yeah, he needs a rest. Hopefully this week off helps him.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,156 posts | 1952 
      Reply #1051: Feb 08, 2021 08:54:37 am
      He's still relatively solid compared to the carnage of the right hand side but yeah, he needs a rest. Hopefully this week off helps him.

Hope so. His backup, despite playing very little due to illness and injury, is seriously underwhelming.
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,296 posts | 2663 
      Reply #1052: Feb 08, 2021 08:57:22 am
      Hope so. His backup, despite playing very little due to illness and injury, is seriously underwhelming.

In fairness Robertson is quite underwhelming as well recently, but I agree that that is more down to fatigue, Klopp needs to start using his squad a bit more, especially when his favoured XI is in a bad spot of form anyway.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 571 posts | 210 
      Reply #1053: Feb 17, 2021 02:05:26 am
      Am I hallucinating this or is this man suddenly and weirdly very often in the middle of the park? I've only managed to watch the 2nd half against Leicester and highlights of the game against Leipzig but something seems a bit changed about his role.

I wonder what Klopp has in mind.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,156 posts | 1952 
      Reply #1054: Feb 18, 2021 04:59:41 am
      Am I hallucinating this or is this man suddenly and weirdly very often in the middle of the park? I've only managed to watch the 2nd half against Leicester and highlights of the game against Leipzig but something seems a bit changed about his role.

I wonder what Klopp has in mind.

He and Trent both can be seen of late cutting inside while running with the ball. I'm thinking this is a result of team doubling up and/or closing down the wing play more often, meaning there is a bit more room inside rather than running straight down the wing.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,951 posts | 3370 
      Reply #1055: Feb 20, 2021 11:37:41 pm
      Surely time for a rest for Robbo, offering nothing going forward for a while but could of course be a tactic of Klopps to protect the makeshift CB’s.

Rest might see a reinvigorated Robbo.

Quick Reply