Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Andy Robertson Player Thread (D)

Read 217642 times
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: Andy Robertson Player Thread
      Reply #1127: Sep 27, 2021 03:59:14 pm
      You're not wrong. But at the same time, the entire defence was as shambles. 1st goal Fab was caught sleeping at the back post, 2nd goal Raya was well out of his box with nobody making any effort to pressure him and then Virgil made a piss poor attempt to put any effort into heading the ball. Alisson and the defence could've done more, the midfield and attack could've pressed a lot better.
      It's all well and good saying all the goals came from play on Robbo's side but nobody was good enough defensively, simple as that. There were parts of play that led to the attacks going out to that wing that shouldn't have happened which was a failing on the attack and midfield not doing their job properly. If the rest of the defence had a good game and it was individually Robbo who had a mare then fair enough all the criticism going his way but it's not like that, the entire defence was sh*te. In fact, IMO the CB's and Fab were worse than Robbo. The CB's gave next to no support to Trent and Robbo, countless times there were balls into the box and Trent was going into an aerial challenge with 3 Brentford players surrounding him, like on the 3rd goal for example.

The entire team was poor defensively and I think it's one of our worst performances defensively for a long time. We were a mess from start to finish and weren't learning from the same mistakes that were happening time and time again.

At least Robbo got an assist for our 3rd goal so there is at least something positive to take from his performance.

THIS.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,180 posts | 1097 
      Reply #1128: Sep 27, 2021 09:54:56 pm
      You're not wrong. But at the same time, the entire defence was as shambles. 1st goal Fab was caught sleeping at the back post, 2nd goal Raya was well out of his box with nobody making any effort to pressure him and then Virgil made a piss poor attempt to put any effort into heading the ball. Alisson and the defence could've done more, the midfield and attack could've pressed a lot better.
      It's all well and good saying all the goals came from play on Robbo's side but nobody was good enough defensively, simple as that. There were parts of play that led to the attacks going out to that wing that shouldn't have happened which was a failing on the attack and midfield not doing their job properly. If the rest of the defence had a good game and it was individually Robbo who had a mare then fair enough all the criticism going his way but it's not like that, the entire defence was sh*te. In fact, IMO the CB's and Fab were worse than Robbo. The CB's gave next to no support to Trent and Robbo, countless times there were balls into the box and Trent was going into an aerial challenge with 3 Brentford players surrounding him, like on the 3rd goal for example.

The entire team was poor defensively and I think it's one of our worst performances defensively for a long time. We were a mess from start to finish and weren't learning from the same mistakes that were happening time and time again.

At least Robbo got an assist for our 3rd goal so there is at least something positive to take from his performance.

Always enjoy your view points. Well said, mate. I'm the biggest Robbo nut hugger, self admitted, but even I had a chuckle when you said something about the assit. Technically you aren't wrong, but pretty chinzy assist.

With that said, I claimed it for him about 2 seconds after it flew in  :lmao:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1129: Sep 27, 2021 11:22:29 pm
      Always enjoy your view points. Well said, mate. I'm the biggest Robbo nut hugger, self admitted, but even I had a chuckle when you said something about the assit. Technically you aren't wrong, but pretty chinzy assist.

With that said, I claimed it for him about 2 seconds after it flew in  :lmao:

I’ve spent too many years playing fantasy football I think, any slight assist seems a bonus worth claiming.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #1130: Sep 28, 2021 10:20:11 pm
      Way too much criticism recently.

Boss tonight.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,459 posts | 4586 
      Reply #1131: Sep 28, 2021 10:34:53 pm
      There’s that saying….temporary.. permanent…
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1132: Sep 28, 2021 10:40:49 pm
      Really good tonight, his best game this season imho, and nicely timed too.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6730 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1133: Sep 30, 2021 01:18:51 am
      Yeah played an absolute ripper. Kudos Andy.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #1134: Oct 04, 2021 01:03:17 pm
      Outstanding again yesterday. Started the fightback thru sheer will towards end of first half
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1135: Oct 04, 2021 01:47:17 pm
      Outstanding again yesterday. Started the fightback thru sheer will towards end of first half

Agreed. There was a point in the second half where I thought to myself that as good as Kostas has been so far this season, there’s no way he could’ve handled that kind of game IMO so I can’t believe there has been so much stick towards Robbo and how he should be dropped.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1136: Oct 04, 2021 01:57:34 pm
      sh*te at corners though
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1137: Oct 04, 2021 03:01:43 pm

Surpsied Salah doesn't take more to be honest. I know we want him in and around the box because of his goals but at the same time, I think he's gotten a fair few assists from corners for us and he does have a consistently good delivery so it wouldn't hurt to have him taking more, especially with the amount of corners we get. I know we are leading scorers from set pieces but that's due to the sheer volume of them we have I think and a lot do get wasted/don't beat the first man.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1138: Oct 04, 2021 03:03:12 pm
      Surpsied Salah doesn't take more to be honest. I know we want him in and around the box because of his goals but at the same time, I think he's gotten a fair few assists from corners for us and he does have a consistently good delivery so it wouldn't hurt to have him taking more, especially with the amount of corners we get. I know we are leading scorers from set pieces but that's due to the sheer volume of them we have I think and a lot do get wasted/don't beat the first man.

Yes and we could send Ali up to get on the end of them
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #1139: Oct 04, 2021 05:43:24 pm

Should never be allowed near one again.

Played really well yesterday and for me should play more often than not as he's the best LB in the league.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #1140: Oct 04, 2021 07:25:09 pm

Agreed........though Trent is a 1 in 6 genuinely dangerous corner merchant too......we get loadsa 2nd / 3rd ball goals and very little direct.....it seems to me anyway
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,062 posts | 2110 
      Reply #1141: Oct 04, 2021 07:59:23 pm

Careful Scotia - don't let that fact get in the way of some cu*ts weird agenda towards him on this. Weird weird cu*ts.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #1142: Oct 04, 2021 09:19:14 pm
      Careful Scotia - don't let that fact get in the way of some cu*ts weird agenda towards him on this. Weird weird cu*ts.

Seems to be more and more prevalent everywhere dude.......I do not get it.....
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6730 
      Reply #1143: Oct 04, 2021 11:59:55 pm

Never even entered my mind about Salah taking corners as we need him in the box, he's our most potent weapon in there.

What I have thought about though for ages is, why he doesn't take more free kicks? Why the hell does VVD not take free kicks either especially when they in front of goal outside the box? Why does it always have to be Trent? Seen videos of VVD thumping them in and as for Mo, the man can do anything!!!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1144: Oct 05, 2021 12:40:15 am
      Never even entered my mind about Salah taking corners as we need him in the box, he's our most potent weapon in there.

He’s got a fair few assists from corners to be fair, for club and country. He scored direct from a corner for Egypt a couple of years back too.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6730 
      Reply #1145: Oct 08, 2021 12:15:46 am
      He’s got a fair few assists from corners to be fair, for club and country. He scored direct from a corner for Egypt a couple of years back too.

Ok don't watch Egypt matches, so news to me mate.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #1146: Oct 08, 2021 11:07:45 am
      Better off just taking a short corner when on Robbos side. Get the game moving again or even being a bit more creative than just crossing it in and hitting the first man.

PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,755 posts | 863 
      Reply #1147: Oct 08, 2021 04:58:16 pm
      I think in his first season with us he took a fair few of them and he had the same problem Robbo has, most of them didn't make it past the first post. I think his set-piece taking improved since then because as far as I can remember the last few corners he took were pretty good. However, I don't know that this would be the optimal strategy for us since Mo is good in the box and he also can put them into the back of the net from the edge of the box wether its volley, half volley, plain control on the first touch and then smash it, etc.

I don't know what is the pecking order but my mind comes to one of the midfield guys. Thiago or Jones. I have to say, Robbo's corner are mostly a waste haha.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1148: Oct 10, 2021 10:54:43 am
      Superb again last night for scotland, 2x assists.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #1149: Nov 07, 2021 07:18:46 pm
      Did nothing to suggest getting picked ahead of Kostas.

Quick Reply