Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v West Ham [Premier League] Mon 24th Feb @ 8:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 21st of February and on this date LFC's match record is P20 W10 D5 L5

Andy Robertson Player Thread

Read 76458 times
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,395 posts | 616 
      Re: Andy Robertson Player Thread
      Reply #925: Dec 24, 2019 10:55:31 am
      For the record. Flamengo v. Liverpool CWC Final Sat 21st Dec 17:30
      https://youtu.be/C0loKtUQvAA
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,211 posts | 3725 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #926: Dec 24, 2019 10:53:48 pm
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,217 posts | 1513 
      Reply #927: Jan 12, 2020 11:06:05 pm
      Did a little petulant kick out in the Spurs game that's becoming a little bit of a theme to his game. Was something of nothing but was off the ball and I think it's something he needs to phase out of his game a little.

I like the lads fire, but just something to be wary about, especially in Europe.
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,354 posts | 2203 
      Reply #928: Jan 12, 2020 11:28:25 pm
      He's a bit out of form lately, showing a rather silly petulant side as well, might be worth getting some good LB competition in the summer.
      tezmac
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,053 posts | 251 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #929: Jan 14, 2020 08:03:08 pm
      He's a bit out of form lately, showing a rather silly petulant side as well, might be worth getting some good LB competition in the summer.

I said the same in to my brother while watching the Spurs game, wonder if he is carrying an injury
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 968 posts | 289 
      Reply #930: Feb 01, 2020 06:55:17 pm
      Much better performances this week. I believe he will benefit from the break this week as much as anyone
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,195 posts | 328 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #931: Feb 04, 2020 03:28:29 am
      Much better performances this week. I believe he will benefit from the break this week as much as anyone
      Yeah. I was wondering if he's got an injury or is just suffering from fixture congestion.  I noticed he was not playing well and seemed to be off a step. Hopefully he can get some rest before the Madrid matches. I love his fire and attitude. That replay of Robertson smashing Messi into the Anfield turf is the greatest thing I've ever seen. He seems to be the Marty McSorley or Dave Semenko for the starting 11 almost an enforcer. Hopefully he doesn't go crazy and pick up a red.
      king kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,518 posts | 235 
      Reply #932: Feb 04, 2020 04:29:32 pm
      Yeah. I was wondering if he's got an injury or is just suffering from fixture congestion.  I noticed he was not playing well and seemed to be off a step. Hopefully he can get some rest before the Madrid matches. I love his fire and attitude. That replay of Robertson smashing Messi into the Anfield turf is the greatest thing I've ever seen. He seems to be the Marty McSorley or Dave Semenko for the starting 11 almost an enforcer. Hopefully he doesn't go crazy and pick up a red.

Yeh will be very important in the Madrid game.  Him and Mane are the go to players when we need to be shrewd in getting decisions.  Most of our team are too fair.  And expect them to try and cheat at every given opportunity.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,239 posts | 2641 
      Reply #933: Feb 04, 2020 06:27:53 pm

Looks a bit knackered to me.

It seems to me that when he's tired, he's not quite "on it".

A few loose passes, a little slow to turn.
      Nothing major, but not up to his usual level.

Even then, he's still quality.
      tezmac
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,053 posts | 251 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #934: Feb 04, 2020 08:14:57 pm
      Said for a while he looks nothing like how he was playing the start of the season, hopefully the break will do him good
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,565 posts | 2576 
      Reply #935: Feb 04, 2020 10:37:20 pm
      I think its testimony to how high his levels are that 2 or 3 slightly sub par performances stick out.

For me hes still had very good moments (plus the odd sloppy ones)......just hasnt stamped himself as 8/10 like his usual residual level.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 28,116 posts | 4213 
      Reply #936: Feb 04, 2020 10:44:09 pm
      I think its testimony to how high his levels are that 2 or 3 slightly sub par performances stick out.

For me hes still had very good moments (plus the odd sloppy ones)......just hasnt stamped himself as 8/10 like his usual residual level.

these lads are not robots and the mental side of the game the concentration they need to play at this level is immense so when Jürgen sticks to his guns over the break you know he feels it is essential. Andy is for me so important because he is a Scot and a great Liverpool side needs a Scot in it.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 28,116 posts | 4213 
      Reply #937: Feb 13, 2020 10:04:28 pm
      Andy has played 60 out of the last 63 EPL games and 17 out of the last 19 CL playing many of them with an injury since last November. If you could bottle his work ethic and energy you could make a fortune.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 968 posts | 289 
      Reply #938: Feb 16, 2020 04:44:49 am
      Andy has played 60 out of the last 63 EPL games and 17 out of the last 19 CL playing many of them with an injury since last November. If you could bottle his work ethic and energy you could make a fortune.

He looked good and fresh today.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,211 posts | 3725 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #939: Feb 16, 2020 08:39:17 pm
      Looked in ripping nick.

Quick Reply