Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P21 W11 D8 L2

Andy Robertson Player Thread (D)

Read 209855 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Andy Robertson Player Thread
      Reply #943: Jul 12, 2020 10:27:07 am
      Well played and stunning header. I think he will be in hot waters with his comments at the end of the match.

His character is brilliant. Neco will benefit from this guy. He's a pain in the ass haha.

https://twitter.com/yumzzX/status/1282027986372485127

What are they complaining about?? I agree the ref was a little bit sh*t and they always tend go lightly on industrial teams like Burnley but the reason we lost was because we did not take out chances, nothing to do with the refs.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #944: Jul 12, 2020 11:16:51 am
      What was he complaining  about Clint? From what I heard he was only swearing. That's certainly not a crime on a football pitch it's standard.  ;D

What are they complaining about?? I agree the ref was a little bit sh*t and they always tend go lightly on industrial teams like Burnley but the reason we lost was because we did not take out chances, nothing to do with the refs.

He was tackled in the box and he thought that he should had a pen. Keith we're not your team :P (Or Juve haha).

Yes, we lost because Pope was playing for his life.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #945: Jul 12, 2020 11:26:54 am
      He was tackled in the box and he thought that he should had a pen. Keith we're not your team :P (Or Juve haha).

Yes, we lost because Pope was playing for his life.

But that tackle was analysed by VAR and the defender just made contact with the ball, in any case we probably would have fu**ed up the penalty had it been awarded anyway, such was our poor finishing yesterday, with the exception of Robbo's glorious header.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #946: Jul 12, 2020 01:53:20 pm
      But that tackle was analysed by VAR and the defender just made contact with the ball, in any case we probably would have fu**ed up the penalty had it been awarded anyway, such was our poor finishing yesterday, with the exception of Robbo's glorious header.

VAR is not that reliable from a player's perspective not seeing the replay.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #947: Jul 12, 2020 06:40:27 pm

Think It was down to frustration more than anything. The players knew they threw away the 3 points so Robbo was probably pissed off especially after scoring himself.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,577 posts | 6638 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #948: Jul 13, 2020 12:06:31 am
      « Last Edit: Jul 13, 2020 12:12:46 am by AussieRed »
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,631 posts | 2646 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #949: Jul 13, 2020 08:31:52 am
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #950: Jul 13, 2020 10:26:15 am
      The usual blues outraged over his run in with the ref on Saturday. Weren't they all wanking themselves silly the other month because Ancelotti got sent off for screaming in a referees face?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #951: Jul 13, 2020 11:08:04 am
      Thought he was lucky myself.  :f_whistle: He just closed his eyes and hoped for the best.  :lmao:

I’d imagine any full back who has only ever scored about 1 header in his career would have just been hoping for the best.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,756 posts | 238 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #952: Jul 13, 2020 06:19:39 pm
      I’d imagine any full back who has only ever scored about 1 header in his career would have just been hoping for the best.

Sure if you asked Andy he would say he tried it ;D
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,577 posts | 6638 
      Reply #953: Jul 28, 2020 02:43:43 am

:lmao: :lmao:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,577 posts | 6638 
      Reply #954: Aug 16, 2020 02:25:55 am

:D :D :D
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,577 posts | 6638 
      Reply #955: Sep 17, 2020 03:20:47 am

Liverpool full-back Andy Robertson has explained that he was going to attend the Reds’ Premier League title winning barbecue in a Chelsea shirt.

In an exclusive excerpt taken from his new book ‘Now You’re Gonna Believe Us‘ by the Echo, the Scotland international revealed his team-mates didn’t take too kindly to one particular selfie.

On the day Liverpool were mathematically confirmed as champions, the Reds just needed Manchester City to drop points to Chelsea to get it over the line.

Having played the Blues earlier in the season and swapped shirts with fellow Scot Billy Gilmour, Robertson had a funny idea for a little prank to play on his team-mates.

The full-back explained he put on the Chelsea shirt and sent a selfie to the Reds’ WhatsApp group chat, only to be met by jovial abuse!

“What should you wear if you are a Liverpool player preparing for what could turn out to be the greatest day of your football career so far? Easy – a Chelsea shirt,” he wrote.

“As the rest of the lads were getting ready for a barbecue that we all hoped would turn into a title winners party, I went into my wardrobe and pulled out the shirt that Billy Gilmour had given me a few months earlier.

“Putting it on, it felt a bit snug but I was going for the colour, not the fit. A quick selfie followed and I posted the picture on our group chat straight away.

“‘Lads, what’s the dress code for tonight?’ I asked and a series of uncomplimentary responses and emojis sent my phone into overdrive. ‘Shorts and t-shirt it is then,’ I thought.

“Not that I’d been serious anyway. I just wanted to give the lads the chance to have a pop but there was no doubt that for one night and one night only, everyone of a Liverpool persuasion would be supporting Chelsea. All they needed was a draw and we would be champions.”

Off the pitch, one of the best things about Robbo is his sense of humour and this just highlights the sort of character he is.

The question left in my mind is ‘what did the other players say?’ – honestly, I’d love to be a fly on the wall of the Liverpool players’ WhatsApp group chat!

Robertson’s book is out later this week and hopefully some of our questions will be answered in the full release, which you can purchase here.

Crazy f**ker, lucky he didn't get bashed by the lads!  :D :D :D
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #956: Sep 17, 2020 09:38:39 am

Liverpool full-back Andy Robertson has explained that he was going to attend the Reds’ Premier League title winning barbecue in a Chelsea shirt.

In an exclusive excerpt taken from his new book ‘Now You’re Gonna Believe Us‘ by the Echo, the Scotland international revealed his team-mates didn’t take too kindly to one particular selfie.

On the day Liverpool were mathematically confirmed as champions, the Reds just needed Manchester City to drop points to Chelsea to get it over the line.

Having played the Blues earlier in the season and swapped shirts with fellow Scot Billy Gilmour, Robertson had a funny idea for a little prank to play on his team-mates.

The full-back explained he put on the Chelsea shirt and sent a selfie to the Reds’ WhatsApp group chat, only to be met by jovial abuse!

“What should you wear if you are a Liverpool player preparing for what could turn out to be the greatest day of your football career so far? Easy – a Chelsea shirt,” he wrote.

“As the rest of the lads were getting ready for a barbecue that we all hoped would turn into a title winners party, I went into my wardrobe and pulled out the shirt that Billy Gilmour had given me a few months earlier.

“Putting it on, it felt a bit snug but I was going for the colour, not the fit. A quick selfie followed and I posted the picture on our group chat straight away.

“‘Lads, what’s the dress code for tonight?’ I asked and a series of uncomplimentary responses and emojis sent my phone into overdrive. ‘Shorts and t-shirt it is then,’ I thought.

“Not that I’d been serious anyway. I just wanted to give the lads the chance to have a pop but there was no doubt that for one night and one night only, everyone of a Liverpool persuasion would be supporting Chelsea. All they needed was a draw and we would be champions.”

Off the pitch, one of the best things about Robbo is his sense of humour and this just highlights the sort of character he is.

The question left in my mind is ‘what did the other players say?’ – honestly, I’d love to be a fly on the wall of the Liverpool players’ WhatsApp group chat!

Robertson’s book is out later this week and hopefully some of our questions will be answered in the full release, which you can purchase here.

Crazy f**ker, lucky he didn't get bashed by the lads!  :D :D :D

Funny, crazy and hard working LB. Keep it up.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #957: Sep 20, 2020 10:01:59 pm
      Putting Jorginho on his arse in 2nd half might be the season's comedy moment of the season already......
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,084 posts | 1046 
      Reply #958: Sep 20, 2020 10:05:36 pm
      Putting Jorginho on his arse in 2nd half might be the season's comedy moment of the season already......

I laughed my ass off. Great fun
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,070 posts | 1615 
      Reply #959: Oct 12, 2020 07:03:31 pm
      Good lad Robbo taking a booking so he doesn't have to play with Scotland midweek
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,084 posts | 1046 
      Reply #960: Oct 18, 2020 05:11:38 pm
      In 13 appearances since project restart hes been directly involved in 9 goals. Nothing he does really wows. Trent whip crosses like no other, whereas Andy's very basic and fundamentally sound. Yesterday's assist and game are that dude in a nutshell. Simple and effective. Hes been everything TAA hadn't been since the restart, but really hes just been him. Hes never gonna have a 10/10 game like TAA is capable of, but he won't have 5/10 game like TAA is capable of either. Hes just steady man. I love this dude. Simple, high energy, and fundamentals. Best FB in the game for me
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,577 posts | 6638 
      Reply #961: Oct 18, 2020 10:13:27 pm
      Wonder what the figures are in their tete a tete?

Robbo think maybe has 5 assists, Trent 0 ?
      Kopite78
      Reply #962: Oct 18, 2020 10:18:57 pm
      Wonder what the figures are in their tete a tete?

Robbo think maybe has 5 assists, Trent 0 ?

He set up Robbos against Arsenal
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,577 posts | 6638 
      Reply #963: Oct 18, 2020 10:43:21 pm
      He set up Robbos against Arsenal

Right you are.

Thought Trent got further up the pitch during the Bitter cu*ts game more then he has in previous games. Maybe he's still celebrating.  :D
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #964: Nov 12, 2020 10:27:21 pm
      Scotland of to the Euros congrats Andy lad.

Played the full 120 wasn’t on the penalty taker list.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #965: Nov 12, 2020 10:39:56 pm
      Ditto.

That was a roller coaster, well in Andy lad.

Only watched extra time and shoot out cheering for Scotland as I didn’t want Serbia to go through. Looked a shitty game.

Quick Reply