Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P21 W11 D8 L2

Andy Robertson Player Thread (D)

Read 209819 times
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Andy Robertson Player Thread (D)
      Jul 21, 2017 04:00:44 pm
      Welcome home Andy.

Liverpool FC can confirm the signing of Andy Robertson from Hull City.

The Scotland international put pen to paper on a long-term contract at Melwood on Friday after completing a medical.

Speaking shortly after completing his move, the 23-year-old told Liverpoolfc.com: “It feels a wee bit surreal just now. Obviously I’m delighted. There’s been a lot of speculation over the last couple of weeks but I’m glad that the deal’s finally been done and I’m a Liverpool player.

“My family are proud of what I’ve achieved so far and they’re all over the moon with the move, as well as me of course. We’re all just looking forward to being part of the Liverpool family now.

“There’s not many, if any, more special clubs than Liverpool. When you grow up as a kid you dream of playing with big clubs such as Liverpool and to make that a reality is a dream come true for me.

“I just want to prove to people that I can do it at this level, and hopefully I manage to do that this season and go on to do good things for this club.”

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/888412859738271744
      « Last Edit: Jul 19, 2022 01:49:39 pm by RedPuppy »
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Re: Andy Robertson Player Thread
      Reply #1: Jul 21, 2017 04:10:35 pm
      One of those signings where I just think at the end of the season we'll be thinking we've stolen this kid from Hull for £10million.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #2: Jul 21, 2017 04:12:26 pm
      One of those signings where I just think at the end of the season we'll be thinking we've stolen this kid from Hull for £10million.

I watch a lot of Premiership, and the problem with Hull was not the defense but their attack. Their attack was horrible. He got a bargain.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #3: Jul 21, 2017 04:14:40 pm
      Jürgen Klopp has been singing the praises of Andrew Robertson...

"For Andrew this is another big step on what has been a quite incredible personal journey in a very short space of time," he told the club website.

"I love his story; where we has come from professionally to reach this point. "When you speak to him it is clear why he makes his progress. He has a burning love for playing football - he really loves the game.

"His attitude is outstanding - absolutely outstanding. His talent and skills - also very, very good.

"He has experience of this competition, the Premier League, and he has the mentality and quality to get even better. I know our environment will benefit him and help him push himself even more than he has already. This is a player who does not limit his ambition."
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #4: Jul 21, 2017 04:20:21 pm
      I watch a lot of Premiership, and the problem with Hull was not the defense but their attack. Their attack was horrible. He got a bargain.

Thank God we have someone keeping a close eye on the premier league ;-)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,912 posts | 8428 
      Reply #5: Jul 21, 2017 04:22:08 pm
      Good to see we've finally got a left-footed left-back.

All the best Andy, give your best for the shirt and you won't go far wrong.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,333 posts | 3360 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #6: Jul 21, 2017 04:22:42 pm

Outside of Southampton as well.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #7: Jul 21, 2017 04:23:11 pm

F**k Yes :D :P What I had in mind was that do not judge this guy because his club was relegated. If he came from Spain and was called Robertino, we would be saying what a signing.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #8: Jul 21, 2017 04:31:00 pm
      Welcome to the greatest club in the world kid. You're gonna make us all proud and dish out the humble pie to a few along the way ;)
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #9: Jul 21, 2017 04:33:30 pm

I wouldn't say their defense wasn't a problem, it was the worst in the league. They conceded the most (80 and kept the least amount of clean sheets (5).

Welcome to the club, Andy! It's going to be interesting to see if he does enough during the rest of pre-season to win the starting spot for the Watford game.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #10: Jul 21, 2017 04:34:18 pm
      Pace, skill, strength, game intelligence, and a left boot, this lad has all the tools to be a top LB for us.

Welcome Andy!

YNWA
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #11: Jul 21, 2017 04:39:23 pm
      Happy with this, a cheap left back with experience, but then, I was happy when we signed Moreno....
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #12: Jul 21, 2017 04:57:18 pm
      I wouldn't say their defense wasn't a problem, it was the worst in the league. They conceded the most (80 and kept the least amount of clean sheets (5).

Welcome to the club, Andy! It's going to be interesting to see if he does enough during the rest of pre-season to win the starting spot for the Watford game.

It was but the fault was because their midfield and attack did not do them any good. Nonetheless, I believe it is a good signing.
      « Last Edit: Jul 21, 2017 05:01:35 pm by clint_call01 »
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #13: Jul 21, 2017 05:04:43 pm
      Confident he will do well over time.

Decent signing considering the transfer fees this season.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,916 posts | 281 
      Reply #14: Jul 21, 2017 06:45:43 pm
      Welcome Andy. Hope you smash it.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,036 posts | 6285 
      Reply #15: Jul 21, 2017 07:04:16 pm
      Hope he puts Milner out of a job at LB.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #16: Jul 21, 2017 07:48:01 pm
      Welcome home Andy.

Liverpool FC can confirm the signing of Andy Robertson from Hull City.

The Scotland international put pen to paper on a long-term contract at Melwood on Friday after completing a medical.

Speaking shortly after completing his move, the 23-year-old told Liverpoolfc.com: “It feels a wee bit surreal just now. Obviously I’m delighted. There’s been a lot of speculation over the last couple of weeks but I’m glad that the deal’s finally been done and I’m a Liverpool player.

“My family are proud of what I’ve achieved so far and they’re all over the moon with the move, as well as me of course. We’re all just looking forward to being part of the Liverpool family now.

“There’s not many, if any, more special clubs than Liverpool. When you grow up as a kid you dream of playing with big clubs such as Liverpool and to make that a reality is a dream come true for me.

“I just want to prove to people that I can do it at this level, and hopefully I manage to do that this season and go on to do good things for this club.”

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/888412859738271744

Think we all knew this one was happening some time ago, thankfully over the line now and wish him all the best.

Hope he puts Milner out of a job at LB.

Exactly my thoughts,

Best of luck Andy, welcome to the best club in the world!!

YNWA
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #17: Jul 21, 2017 07:56:55 pm
      If Andy and Trent end up as the starting fullbacks, we will have three players who can cover at both right and left back (Clyne, Gomez and Milner).
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #18: Jul 21, 2017 08:24:00 pm
      Not mad on the transfer but he must be absolutely buzzing to signvfor Liverpool.

Any natural lefty at left back (Moreno aside) has to be an improvement in our attacking play. Good luck to him!
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #19: Jul 21, 2017 08:41:19 pm
      This is a terrible signing. I don't know what we were thinking. Bottom of the barrel LB doesn't solve our problems. I wonder why Robertson was so easy to sign :roll:

I'm sure many would have said the same if we had signed Bertrand or Davies a couple seasons back.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #20: Jul 21, 2017 08:42:09 pm
      This is a terrible signing. I don't know what we were thinking. Bottom of the barrel LB doesn't solve our problems. I wonder why Robertson was so easy to sign :roll:

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #21: Jul 21, 2017 08:45:55 pm
      You can shut up too. Not in the mood for your garbage. We have Barca trying to poach Coutinho, Keita and VVD is still not signed.... and we sign area we badly need quality from a relegated side! Arsenal signed a very good left back, didn't see them checking in the bargin bin. It was either us or Burnley, nobody else was interested.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #22: Jul 21, 2017 08:50:23 pm
      You can shut up too. Not in the mood for your garbage. We have Barca trying to poach Coutinho, Keita and VVD is still not signed.... and we sign area we badly need quality from a relegated side! Arsenal signed a very good left back, didn't see them checking in the bargin bin. It was either us or Burnley, nobody else was interested.

After reading your comments I think Robertson will end up there with the legends of Anfield when his time here is finished; no better indicator of quality then to have your stamp of disapproval.

Quick Reply